Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria (14209 Views)

Independence Day Speech By Hon Patrick On Nigeria At 52 Years / Nigeria At 52 Need To Reserve To Old Glory / Ribadu And North: North Plan To Rule Till 2019 Making 52 Years In Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Fr0sbel: 10:15pm On Nov 30, 2012
This colour-coded map reveals the startling difference in life expectancies across 222 of the world's countries.

The map shows how people are likely to live the longest in developed countries with state-funded healthcare systems like Japan, Canada and the UK, which each have average life expectancies of over 80 years.

The tiny tax haven of Monaco - with its notoriously wealthy inhabitants and compulsory state-funded health service - has the highest life expectancy at an average of 89.68 years, five years higher than anywhere else on earth, according to the CIA World Factbook. The country with the worst life expectancy is the African state of Chad at a shocking 48.69 years.

Life expectancy in America ranks 51st in the CIA's table at 78.49 years - lower than Canada (81.48), Australia (81.90), New Zealand (80.71), Japan (83.91), the UK (80.17) and much of Europe.

How long will you live? This colour coded map shows the life expectancy in 222 of the world's nations. Nations shaded dark blue are those where people are expected to live to over 80, and they include most of the developed countries which have compulsory state-funded healthcare like the most of the countries of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Jordan and Japan. With the exception of Afghanistan, the countries with the lowest life expectancies are all in sub-Saharan Africa. Inhabitants of Afghanistan, Swaziland, South Africa, Guinea-Bissau and Chad are not expected to reach 50

Of the top five longest-living nations the only large country is Japan, with the rest being city states (see box).

Life expectancy levels in South America and generally 10 years lower than those in North America.

People are likely to live the shortest in sub-Saharan Africa, with no country in that vast region having an average life expectancy of over 60.

Only a few Asian countries, including Afghanistan (49.72) and a couple of Caribbean nations, have such similarly short life expectancies compared with Africa.
The worst countries to live in if you want to reach old age are Afghanistan (49.72), Swaziland (49.42), South Africa (49.41) Guinea-Bissau (49.11) and Chad (48.69), whose people are generally expected to die before they even reach middle age.

he map, created by io9.com, shows the average life expectancy for both men and women. The CIA's individual breakdown confirms that women on average live longer than men. Life expectancy for a woman in Monaco is 93.77 years compared with that of a man at 85.74 years.

In Chad life expectancy for men is only 47.61 years while women are expected to live slightly longer to 49.82 years.

American men live 76.05 years on average while women in the United States live to 81.05 years.

In the United Kingdom the life expectancy of men is 78.05 years while it is 82.4 years for women.

While the United States has consistently fallen in the rank of world nations over the last 50 years, the average life expectancy has risen from 69.8 years in 1960 to 78.49 today.

And while Chad's figure of 48.69 today is shockingly low, in 1960 Afghanistan had the world's lowest life expectancy at 31.3 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2240855/How-does-nation-rank-world-map-life-expectancy.html
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 01, 2012
I've never accepted the claim that the average Nigerian lives to just 52 years.

5 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47am On Dec 01, 2012
Lmao @ naija being at the bottom of all stats... grin

How many people live up to 80 years in the UK, anyway?? grin

Everything is just make believe - however, with the high death/murder rate in Nigeria, there might be an element of truth to this..

My nan lives in naija now and she's 83 - perhaps, she isn't Nigerian... undecided
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 01, 2012
ROSSIKE: I've never accepted the claim that the average Nigerian lives to just 52 years.

Exactly!
Its pure crap.
Even this year my great grand mother died in her ninties.
They just make silly assumptions and reach unreasonble conclusions.

As nigerians we know through experience that the average man in naija lives up to his late sixties.

4 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by akintun: 9:36am On Dec 01, 2012
D statistic might just be right, becos many children die at birth, and we should not 4get d sizable number of people dat die from accident .

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by azpekuliar: 9:37am On Dec 01, 2012
inurmind:

Exactly!
Its pure crap.

As nigerians we know through experience that the average man in naija lives up to his late sixties.

ROSSIKE: I've never accepted the claim that the average Nigerian lives to just 52 years.

You both must be extra-terrestial beings not to believe it.

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by nex(m): 9:43am On Dec 01, 2012
The fact that you saw a hundred year old Nigerian doesn't mean the life expectancy has increased.

Go to the graveyard and check the ages inscribe on the gravestones. People in their 20s and 30s are dying at an alarming rate.

The real reason for Nigeria's low life expectancy though, is the high infant mortality. By the time you add the ages of the hundreds of babies dying daily, to the few aged people, you find the average is about 46-52.

I dream of living past 50, but the way this country is, I'm doubtful.

6 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by sammmiey1: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2012
nex: The fact that you saw a hundred year old Nigerian doesn't mean the life expectancy has increased.

Go to the graveyard and check the ages inscribe on the gravestones. People in their 20s and 30s are dying at an alarming rate.

The real reason for Nigeria's low life expectancy though, is the high infant mortality. By the time you add the ages of the hundreds of babies dying daily, to the few aged people, you find the average is about 46-52.

......I prophesy in2 ur life 2day dat u'l surely live above 50 IJN,have no fear

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Clemzy16(m): 10:11am On Dec 01, 2012
Abeg ooo!! Which of these people is the statistics referring to?![b] People that [b]lived their lives and died conditionally or People that were either killed by accident, boko haram, fuel spillage, Allu community, armed robbers, stray bullet, misplaced identity, hire-killers, assasination, women etc.. Because me i no dey kukuma understand all dis orishishi oyinbo statistics.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by mikuz(m): 10:12am On Dec 01, 2012
Some people don't just know the meaning of 'life expectancy'.

3 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by ujukala: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2012
We have a very long way to go if the list is anything to go by.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 01, 2012
Dont panic just buzz me if u wna live up to 120years, i hav a concution dat extends life.98% reliable n its just herbs n no magic attached. A trial wil convince u
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 01, 2012
how america is that high with the no of street shoot out and death smh
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by salt1: 10:36am On Dec 01, 2012
chiover: Dont panic just buzz me if u wna live up to 120years, i hav a concution dat extends life.98% reliable n its just herbs n no magic attached. A trial wil convince u

Just show me your genuine birth certificate showing you are 140years and I will patronize you
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 01, 2012
nex: The fact that you saw a hundred year old Nigerian doesn't mean the life expectancy has increased.

How many gravestones have you personally inspected?

Do you know the infant mortality rate of Nigeria? Care to tell us?

Start by taking the time to conduct proper research like an educated person before typing airy-fairy stuff off the top of your head online.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 01, 2012
chiover: Dont panic just buzz me if u wna live up to 120years, i hav a concution dat extends life.98% reliable n its just herbs n no magic attached. A trial wil convince u

lol person go eat
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2012
akintun: D statistic might just be right, becos many children die at birth, and we should not 4get d sizable number of people dat die from accident .

WHAT IS THE NUMBER OR PERCENTAGE OF children that die at birth? ''Many children'' is an illiterate statement. ''Many children'' also die at birth in other countries.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by geez1: 10:48am On Dec 01, 2012
Well when you factor the rate of infant mortality of about 75 out of 1,000 live births, plus extra judicial killings, I guess 52yrs is even 'generous'
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2012
geez*:
Well when you factor the rate of infant mortality plus BH bombings, I guess 52yrs is even 'generous'

WHAT IS THE RATE of infant mortality? Do you know? (answer: of course not)

[/b]How on earth can ''extra-judicial kilings'' which must account for less than 0.00000000000001% of all deaths in the country contribute in any way, shape or form to life expectancy? I can't believe how dumb some of you are here.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by geez1: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2012
ROSSIKE:

WHAT IS THE RATE of infant mortality? DUNCE!!

You're an eediot. I had even modified my post before I saw this. You could have searched online before making a fool of yourself. Oloriburuku

I see you've been stupidly attacking the issue and wasting bandwidth and brain cells which you have in limited quantity, when you could have googled it. Well my folks are doctors, so I know but I just had to do out this this link to help your low intelligence

http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/infant_mortality_rate.html

2 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by bory09(m): 10:55am On Dec 01, 2012
Their father. With all the diseases they always invent day by day in their country which dey strong pass drugs. Na dem go born pikin with abnormal gene, get kidney disorder and all sort of evil diseases. After all these they do their stupid research with mistaken figure and now rate themselves higher than we african that enjoy natural live and use powerful herb. They are really dreaming na dem dey die young pass

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by geez1: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2012
ROSSIKE:

WHAT IS THE RATE of infant mortality? Do you know? (answer: of course not)

[/b]How on earth can ''extra-judicial kilings'' which must account for less than 0.00000000000001% of all deaths in the country contribute in any way, shape or form to life expectancy? I can't believe how dumb some of you are here.

Can you confirm the figure? How stupid

Maybe I should break it down for you:

75 out of 1000 children that are born never survive (Age=0yrs, which forces down the average life expectancy)
0.3m children die of malaria each year (now this excludes all other diseases)
When you factor these, child mortality is high forcing down the average life expectancy. My grandparents all lived to be over 80yrs but this doesn't mean there arent a lot more people who never got a chance to see their grand kids, never got to see their kids, never got to start school, never got to suckle their moms. Our healthcare is poor and people die for the smallest of reasons

2 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2012
salt 1:

Just show me your genuine birth certificate showing you are 140years and I will patronize you
i can show u a grany presently enjoying d herb. Just try it out and see d diff., no be mouth ur life go impove sey tey u go won buil duplex for me
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2012
geez*:

You're an eediot. I had even modified my post before I saw this. You could have searched online before making a fool of yourself. Oloriburuku

I also modified my question you illiterate wingbat. Tell us how many ''extra-judicial killings'' occur in Nigeria per year such that they could somehow affect the life expectancy rate of 167 million people?
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by malc619(m): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2012
So how many year did I have left to leave..
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 01, 2012
geez*:

I see you've been stupidly attacking the issue and wasting bandwidth and brain cells which you have in limited quantity, when you could have googled it. Well my folks are doctors, so I know but I just had to do out this this link to help your low intelligence

http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/infant_mortality_rate.html

Dunce. Show us mathematically HOW infant mortality rate of 75 per 1000 leads to life expectancy of 52?

How many '''extra-judicial killings'' can possibly occur in Nigeria that would drive down life expectancy?

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by rampantlover: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2012
@inurmind...... Your shallow mindedness and words of stupidity you are exhibiting here in reference to this topic has rendered me speechless.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by zumbigbo(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2012
inurmind:

Exactly!
Its pure crap.

TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR VILLAGE SPHINCTER AND VISIT THE LOCAL MATERNITY WARDS AND GRAVE SITES... We await your research grin grin grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by geez1: 11:09am On Dec 01, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Dunce. Show us mathematically HOW infant mortality rate of 75 per 1000 leads to life expectancy of 52?

How many '''extra-judicial killings'' can possibly occur in Nigeria that would drive down life expectancy if you were not an illiterate?

I've modified my post. You must have dropped out of school. In a country of 1,000 people, if 600 die at 100yrs and 400 die at 0yrs. What's the life expectancy? I will consider you worthy of an intelligent argument if you can answer that.

3 Likes

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2012
geez*:

I've modified my post. You must have dropped out of school. In a country of 1,000 people, if 600 die at 100yrs and 400 die at 0yrs. What's the life expectancy? I will consider you worthy of an intelligent argument if you can answer that.

No: You must answer the question asked of YOU first before asking other questions.

Show us mathematically HOW infant mortality rate of 75 per 1000 leads to life expectancy of 52? (Where did your 400 per 1000 come from?)

How many '''extra-judicial killings'' can possibly occur in Nigeria that would drive down life expectancy?
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by bory09(m): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2012
akintun: D statistic might just be right, becos many children die at birth, and we should not 4get d sizable number of people dat die from accident .
is it only in africa that child birth mortality, road accident etc happen most?. This white people use all this underground research to advertise their country and rubbish africa. This just first class discrimination, if you like believe them and be among those fools they use to develop their economy leaving our economy stagnant. Nitemi sha o i am proud to be africa no matter their f*cking information

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 01, 2012
^^Don't mind these dummies. If the white man publishes research claiming all their mothers were man-eating tortoises they'd believe it.

By the way I also do not believe that South Africa has a life expectancy of 49.5 or whatever is claimed on that list above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

People Above 70 Should Not Seek Elective Positions - Peter Obi (Throwback video) / 2023: Six South Govs Insist On PDP Ticket / We're Planning A 'war' On Christians - Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.