Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria (14230 Views)

Independence Day Speech By Hon Patrick On Nigeria At 52 Years / Nigeria At 52 Need To Reserve To Old Glory / Ribadu And North: North Plan To Rule Till 2019 Making 52 Years In Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2012
ROSSIKE: ^^^LOL. Slow down before you burst a vein dude. Life's too short.. undecided

let him burst his vain he is what you call a gay bast ard who has no remorse whatsoever.

angry
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2012
anulaxad:

is it thats why i can type english look i have no idea why a gay bast ard like yourself is still doing here im not taking and English test am no don't letuture me especially if you were taught by a LovePeddler as a mother illiteracy is what is killing you must not be living in a city because if you were you would be dead by now because of your sexuality. your mentally ill and should just be locked up in a mental institution you don't even know what the definition of illiterate is. if you dont know may i say it refers to you. you and genbuhari should just go fockurselfs gay pieces of sh it what type of name is sagamite its a bast ard name named by your hiv infected mother fool. useless youth the only job you will get is if you find more customers for your mother you might get intrest bast ard. as in said your mental you could have now even raped your own mother whos only trying to make a living in your useless town you live in. lipsrsealed

anulaxad: from your first comment I can see your a troubled young boy who does not have a job. well who would hire such a foul mouth bast ard like yourself. you should try next if you see something you don't like or agree with to answer in a nicer way.example I don't agree with this comment e.g e.g whatever and so. anyway as i said if you talk like this in real life and I can promise you would have been dead bye. but assesing you i can tell you are just talk the talk and no walk the walk. shocked shocked lipsrsealed

Jeez! Look at the moronic rant of an illiterate with bullets flying all over place. grin grin grin grin grin

Cretin, you are an illiterate that can't speak English and you are dumb to add to it. grin

Life must not have worked out growing up in a wwhore-house. grin grin grin grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by tny60(f): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
inurmind:
Exactly!
Its pure crap.
Even this year my great grand mother died in her ninties.
They just make silly assumptions and reach unreasonble conclusions.
As nigerians we know through experience that the average man in naija lives up to his late sixties.

Infant mortality is a key factor in the statisics.
remember it's "average life expectancy" so, in other words, they're counting all the little babies too.
ex. if a child dies a age 4 and you great grand mother died at 98. take the average of the two numbers and you get 51 grin
so now you understand how they calculate average life expectancy
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
tny60:

remember it's "average life expectancy" so, in other words, they're counting all the little babies too.
ex. if a child dies a age 4 and you great grand mother died at 98. take the average of the two numbers and you get 51 grin

If we don't overhaul Nigerian education system, such will continue remaining rocket science to people like this.

And they will say "I am a graduate".
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 12:04am On Dec 29, 2012
Sagamite:

Jeez! Look at the moronic rant of an illiterate with bullets flying all over place. grin grin grin grin grin

Cretin, you are an illiterate that can't speak English and you are dumb to add to it. grin

Life must not have worked out growing up in a wwhore-house. grin grin grin grin

your mother.

bast ard go look up what the definition on illiteracy means. your ranting with no reason. it shall be your life that will end at 52 bast ard. wink
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 1:00am On Dec 29, 2012
anulaxad:

your mother.

bast ard go look up what the definition on illiteracy means. your ranting with no reason. it shall be your life that will end at 52 bast ard. wink

person, I don't need to look up any definition. I just need to look at your cretinous grammar. grin grin grin grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by ronkebp(f): 1:59am On Dec 29, 2012
I do not believe this stat...did they go to Nigeria, and knock on (say averagely) 50 houses in top cities of the nation, before drawing a conclusion? or just because they are making use of the articles of others that had been written years ago, it is now a valid conclusion? i have learnt not to rely on articles, even if 100 is posted what is the validity of the test and measurement used
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 2:11am On Dec 29, 2012
ronkebp: I do not believe this stat...did they go to Nigeria, and knock on (say averagely) 50 houses in top cities of the nation, before drawing a conclusion? or just because they are making use of the articles of others that had been written years ago, it is now a valid conclusion? i have learnt not to rely on articles, even if 100 is posted what is the validity of the test and measurement used

They would use random sampling and there is something in statistics called "confidence intervals". tongue

You Lagos ayounges better start believing. Nigeria does not end in VI, Ikoyi, Ikeja and your peperempe havens.

Most of you did not know about Olusosun rubbish dump and the kind of lives people live there if not for BBC making the "Welcome to Lagos documentary". That life was far from Sweet Sensation, Eko Hotels etc. grin

Nigeria is more than Lagos, majority of people in Lagos are suffering you just don't see them and Lagos represents less than 15% of the overall population. In a country you have this, better start believing:

https://www.nairaland.com/1055684/protesters-burn-us-flag-kano/2#12287083

grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2012
Sagamite:

person, I don't need to look up any definition. I just need to look at your cretinous grammar. grin grin grin grin

may it not be well for your useless generation but wait it already is cheesy

maybe its because you don't know how to read a simple dictionary bast ard wink
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2012
anulaxad:
may it not be well for your useless generation but wait it already is cheesy

maybe its because you don't know how to read a simple dictionary bast ard wink

person illiterate, which schools failed you?

Your dumb arsse can not even string a few words together in correct grammar? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Cretinous product of a failed education system. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sagamite:

Your dumb arsse can not even string a few words together in correct grammar? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sagamite:

Sagamite:

Sagamite:

Sagamite:

[quote author=Sagamite]

I have something to say to you.Are you my white English professor who taught until when I was 16 NOOO. I'm I taking a test no.
I'm I writing gibberish that a UNEDUCATED F.O.B(FRESH OF THE BOAT) BAST ARD LIKE YOURSELF CANNOT EVEN UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH even if I'm not adding unnecessary grammar. what is so hard I know your not blind but I also no its only a illiterate like you that finds it hard to read simple English lipsrsealed
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sagamite:

Sagamite:

Sagamite:

Sagamite:

Sagamite:

[quote author=Sagamite]

I have something to say to you.Are you my white English professor who taught until when I was 16 NOOO. I'm I taking a test no.
I'm I writing gibberish that a UNEDUCATED F.O.B(FRESH OF THE BOAT) BAST ARD LIKE YOURSELF CANNOT EVEN UNDERSTAND SIMPLE ENGLISH even if I'm not adding unnecessary grammar. what is so hard I know your not blind but I also no its only a illiterate like you that finds it hard to read simple English lipsrsealed
Bas tard
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2012
anulaxad: I have something to say to you.Are you my white English professor who taught until when I was 16 NOOO. I'm I taking a test no.
Bas tard

Moronic rants and excuses from a person product of a failed education system. grin

person, you are adding moronic grammar, which you are calling simple English!

Cretin, they have destroyed your future. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2012
Sagamite:

Moronic rants and excuses from a person product of a failed education system. grin

person, you are adding moronic grammar, which you are calling simple English!

Cretin, they have destroyed your future. grin grin grin grin grin

YOU MUST BE A RET ARD.

AND A DECEIVED FOOL THAT'S WHY YOUR GAY wink
YOUR OBVIOUSLY AN AGGRAVATED MENTALLY ILL HUMAN THAT NEEDS TO BE PUT IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION. sad
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2012
anulaxad:

YOU MUST BE A RET ARD.

AND A DECEIVED FOOL THAT'S WHY YOUR GAY wink
YOUR OBVIOUSLY AN AGGRAVATED MENTALLY ILL HUMAN THAT NEEDS TO BE PUT IN A MENTAL INSTITUTION. sad

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

person, can you string an English sentence together without any errors?

No matter how short it is?

Cretinous product of a failed education system. grin grin grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
@ ronkebp
The average life expectancy of 52 is too generous,compared to reality which I believe should be between 35 and 40:
You can work out a rough figure from your experience think of the first 8-10 deaths over the last 10years that come to your mind and average out their ages, as I have done below and you would be surprised.

GenBuhari: I just done some calculations of first 8 people I quickly recalled that have died in Nigeria in last 13 years

Female -died of old age 117 years old (she should have been registered as oldest woman in the world undecided)
Male Died of unknown illness 63
Female Unkown illness 27
Male Car crash 31
Male Car crash 27
baby unkown illness 1
baby unkown illness 2
Male Malaria 35

Average: 37.8 years old.

really and truely I believe that the true life expectancy is closer to 38years old than 52 years old.

ronkebp: I do not believe this stat...did they go to Nigeria, and knock on (say averagely) 50 houses in top cities of the nation, before drawing a conclusion? or just because they are making use of the articles of others that had been written years ago, it is now a valid conclusion? i have learnt not to rely on articles, even if 100 is posted what is the validity of the test and measurement used
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

person, can you string an English sentence together without any errors?

No matter how short it is?

Cretinous product of a failed education system. grin grin grin

What error, tell me?

Your is the right term to use in the sentence but people like you must know not your verbs,adverbs,adjective E.G

BAST ARD YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION ARE YOU MY TEACHER NOO. FOCKANG NOOB YOU WRITE WITHOUT WITHOUT EVER MAKING SENSE. @CASUAL ILLITERATE OR AKA SAGAMITE.

YOUR ILLITERATE OF A MOTHER HAS FAILED YOU, DISABLED GAY WANKAR, HAVE YOU EVER EVEN HAD A GIRLFRIEND EVEN IF YOUR NOT STRAIGHT,NO!

YET YOUR GAY AND YOU PROBABLY HAVE NOT EVEN HAD A BOYFRIEND,UGLY FORM OF A HUMAN PRODUCT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CATEGORISED AS ALIEN.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2012
anulaxad:

What error, tell me?

Your is the right term to use in the sentence but people like you must know not the your verbs.adverbs,adjective E.G

BAST ARD YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION ARE YOU MY TEACHER NOO. bleeping NOOB YOU WRITE WITHOUT WITHOUT EVER MAKING SENSE WISE. @CASUAL ILLITERATE OR AKA SAGAMITE.

Moronic person, you are finished! They have destroyed your life before it even started. grin grin grin grin grin grin

"Your" is what? grin grin grin

Cretinous product of a failed education system.

It is illiterates like you that drag the average life expectancy down. With your educational level, you will not reach this 52. grin grin grin grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by anulaxad(m): 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2012
Sagamite:

Moronic person, you are finished! They have destroyed your life before it even started. grin grin grin grin grin grin

"Your" is what? grin grin grin

Cretinous product of a failed education system.

It is illiterates like you that drag the average life expectancy down. With your educational level, you will not reach this 52. grin grin grin grin

WELL HELLO,
WE WILL SEE WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH. BUT WAIT I WILL LEAVE YOU TO CONTINUE YOUR SH IT.

MATE LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD THAT I HAVE MADE MY LITTLE BROTHER USE AND COMMENT ON WHO IS ONLY THIRTEEN YEARS OLD. WHY? BECAUSE HE WANTED TO FOCUS ON SOMETHING BECAUSE HE WAS BORED,BUT NOW I CAME ON AND I HAVE BEEN SEEING ALL THE INSULTS SENT BETWEEN YOU AND HIM.HIS BEEN STAYING WITH ME THE PAST WEEK FOR THE SPECIAL SEASON CELEBRATION.THIS MY FIRST COMMENT FROM ME ON THIS THREAD. AND THE TRUTH IS I WOULD HAVE NOT FOUND OUT IT I WAS NOT SO PERKY TO SEE WHAT HE WAS UP TO ON MY LAPTOP.YOU NOW KNOW YOU WAS CHALLENGING A LITTLE BOY. LMAO

MATE YOU GOT A KEEP CALM, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST YOU. NOW ON A SERIOUS NOTE HE IS GOING TO FACE HIS PUNISHMENT FOR HIS IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOUR.

GenBuhari: @ ronkebp
The average life expectancy of 52 is too generous,compared to reality which I believe should be between 35 and 40:
You can work out a rough figure from your experience think of the first 8-10 deaths over the last 10years that come to your mind and average out their ages, as I have done below and you would be surprised.

Shut up.

Please tell me how old are you? And what age do you think you are probably going to reach before you die and do you think you are going to out-pass your 'predicted' average like expectancy?
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
anulaxad:

WELL HELLO,
WE WILL SEE WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH. BUT WAIT I WILL LEAVE YOU TO CONTINUE YOUR SH IT.

MATE LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD THAT I HAVE MADE MY LITTLE BROTHER USE AND COMMENT ON WHO IS ONLY THIRTEEN YEARS OLD. WHY? BECAUSE HE WANTED TO FOCUS ON SOMETHING BECAUSE HE WAS BORED,BUT NOW I CAME ON AND I HAVE BEEN SEEING ALL THE INSULTS SENT BETWEEN YOU AND HIM.HIS BEEN STAYING WITH ME THE PAST WEEK FOR THE SPECIAL SEASON CELEBRATION.THIS MY FIRST COMMENT FROM ME ON THIS THREAD. AND THE TRUTH IS I WOULD HAVE NOT FOUND OUT IT I WAS NOT SO PERKY TO SEE WHAT HE WAS UP TO ON MY LAPTOP.YOU NOW KNOW YOU WAS CHALLENGING A LITTLE BOY. LMAO

MATE YOU GOT A KEEP CALM, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST YOU. NOW ON A SERIOUS NOTE HE IS GOING TO FACE HIS PUNISHMENT FOR HIS IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOUR.

Shut up.

Please tell me how old are you? And what age do you think you are probably going to reach before you die and do you think you are going to out-pass your 'predicted' average like expectancy?

I think it is time to bring your 4 year old brother on. Maybe he has hope. grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 12:03am On Dec 31, 2012
Oh, God! I am being entertained here o. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1142742/how-get-into-politics-nigeria#13612178

My belle wan burst! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by ronkebp(f): 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2012
Sagamite:

They would use random sampling and there is something in statistics called "confidence intervals". tongue

You Lagos ayounges better start believing. Nigeria does not end in VI, Ikoyi, Ikeja and your peperempe havens.

Most of you did not know about Olusosun rubbish dump and the kind of lives people live there if not for BBC making the "Welcome to Lagos documentary". That life was far from Sweet Sensation, Eko Hotels etc. grin

Nigeria is more than Lagos, majority of people in Lagos are suffering you just don't see them and Lagos represents less than 15% of the overall population. In a country you have this, better start believing:

https://www.nairaland.com/1055684/protesters-burn-us-flag-kano/2#12287083

grin

LOL... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are right though, but that is why a new statistics would be appreciated, instead of living on what others have written for the past 20 - 40 years, new conclusions could be drawn from new statistics. Now!!!!! that will make more sense to me.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by ronkebp(f): 4:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
GenBuhari: @ ronkebp

Okay i gat you, lets use what i have so far for an analysis;
-my maternal grandfather :98 yrs
-my paternal grandad : 90
-my paternal grandmum: 105 yrs
-my aunt: 60 yrs
-my cousin :18 yrs

therefore the average age is 74.2 years
And that is just the people that are really close to me, i think such analysis can be done by going through some families, or towns/cities to get the accurate result. though we do not have good hospitals and good roads and all what not, but those that will live to a full age, would.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Sagamite(m): 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
ronkebp:

LOL... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are right though, but that is why a new statistics would be appreciated, instead of living on what others have written for the past 20 - 40 years, new conclusions could be drawn from new statistics. Now!!!!! that will make more sense to me.

Those are 2010 statistics by the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics.

ronkebp:

And that is just the people that are really close to me, i think such analysis can be done by going through some families, or towns/cities to get the accurate result. though we do not have good hospitals and good roads and all what not, but those that will live to a full age, would.

Oya add all your Yaro-Yaro gatemen and Comfort Oloyan-orange housegirls to that average and see how it gradually falls.

You and your family are in the wealthiest 10% in Nigeria (I bet you are not one of those who lose kids before 5) and your average is already 74 years.

1 Like

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 01, 2013
Gbam!!
Sagamite:
Oya add all your Yaro-Yaro gatemen and Comfort Oloyan-orange housegirls to that average and see how it gradually falls.

You and your family are in the wealthiest 10% in Nigeria (I bet you are not one of those who lose kids before 5) and your average is already 74 years.

All you have given us here is the life expectancy of your family members, you need to use data from anybody that dies that you know about.
You need to include babies who die and people who are killed in accidents or who are murdered.

ronkebp:

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by ronkebp(f): 1:20am On Jan 05, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^ LOl....those are the ones i can tell from my head right now, that i know of, is it not better to start with my family and then extend it to others?, maybe do it family by family, clan by clan, village by village, city by city and State by state. that will give us more accurate data.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:58am On Jan 05, 2013
^^it would be meaningless to do it that way.

Try and do it for all people that you are aware of that have died for whom you know even their approximate age.

apart from people who die naturally from old age, please include infants, people that die from accidents, murder or illness
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 9:40am On Jan 05, 2013
If they use the average age of all human lives lost in any country, they can't have 80+ provided all physical quantities remain constant.

tny60:

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
what do you mean?
Japan and few other countries has average life expectancy of 80+
Ngwakwe: If they use the average age of all human lives lost in any country, they can't have 80+ provided all physical quantities remain constant.

Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Ngwakwe: 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
Invariably no child ever die in Japan and the lest person that die is 84 years.

Typical lie.

GenBuhari: what do you mean?
Japan and few other countries has average life expectancy of 80+
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
Of course infant mortality exists in Japan, and the stats would have taken it into account.

The difference is whilst Nigeria have the highest infant mortality in the world, Japan has negligible infant mortality. It has also the highest population of people who are over 100years old.
Re: Life Expectancy At 52 Years For Nigeria by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2013
Nigeria life expectancy today if you work it out from your personal experience of people who have died in the last 5years would be less than 40yrs old. The decline began 1999 when Obasanjo began to ruin Nigeria. During Buhari's era it was about 60yrs old.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abraham Rejects Ondo APC Primaries, Heads For Appeal Committee. Mo / Employers Reject Fg’s Expatriate Employment Levy / Governor Yuguda Divorces Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.