Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,222 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

I Need Advice! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Advice! (1498 Views)

I'm In Love: Please I Need Advice / I Need Advice: I Got Her Pregnant But I'm Married / I Need Advice From Mature Nl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice! by Princess1982(f): 4:58am On Dec 02, 2012
I am dating a man from Nigeria and our relationship is starting to get serious so sometime here in the near future one of us is going to have to relocate. I am gainfully employed here in the US and I make enough to take care of both of us until he can find employment. In Nigeria he owns a business and his business is doing well and he too could support both of us. He as no desire to move to the US and he insists that things would be better for us in Nigeria.When I think of Nigeria I think of a country stricken by extreme poverty and corruption but he insist that they things I hear are only partly true. I was on a brief visit to Nigeria last year but I got the feeling he was only showing me the best Nigeria had to offer. So anybody who has lived in both the US and Nigeria or even just Nigeria why or why isn't Nigeria a great place to live?
Re: I Need Advice! by Mynd44: 5:47am On Dec 02, 2012
Well each country has it's negative an positive side and I can see that neither of you wants to just leave his/her home. But it is also wise that you realise that at some point, one person will have to move and find accomodation where the other stays.

You said you have been to Nigeria yes? How about asking him to come to where you are and you can also show him around and see if that will help you two make a decision.

The truth is no one here can help you make this decision. It is a personal one and you can only make it yourself. I suggest you both have more talks and talks again and both of you should keep an opened mind.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: I Need Advice! by Princess1982(f): 5:51am On Dec 02, 2012
Mynd_44: Well each country has it's negative an positive side and I can see that neither of you wants to just leave his/her home. But it is also wise that you realise that at some point, one person will have to move and find accomodation where the other stays.

You said you have been to Nigeria yes? How about asking him to come to where you are and you can also show him around and see if that will help you two make a decision.

The truth is no one here can help you make this decision. It is a personal one and you can only make it yourself. I suggest you both have more talks and talks again and both of you should keep an opened mind.

Cheers
Re: I Need Advice! by Princess1982(f): 6:02am On Dec 02, 2012
Mynd_44: Well each country has it's negative an positive side and I can see that neither of you wants to just leave his/her home. But it is also wise that you realise that at some point, one person will have to move and find accomodation where the other stays.

The truth is no one here can help you make this decision. It is a personal one and you can only make it yourself. I suggest you both have more talks and talks again and both of you should keep an opened mind. Thank you!

Cheers
Re: I Need Advice! by seedord247(m): 3:02am On Dec 06, 2012
Since you cant go nigeria... I'm here in the south (lil wayne home).. Holla at ya boy. sad
Re: I Need Advice! by Princess1982(f): 3:21am On Dec 06, 2012
seedord247: Since you cant go nigeria... I'm here in the south (lil wayne home).. Holla at ya boy. sad
I think I got him convinced to move to the US!
Re: I Need Advice! by seedord247(m): 3:43am On Dec 06, 2012
Princess1982: I think I got him convinced to move to the US!

We can still be frnds thou. What you think... lipsrsealed
Re: I Need Advice! by Decryptor(m): 5:41am On Dec 06, 2012
I hope u won't kick him out one day for one flimsy reason...a trait common with women residing in the US. I see a brother regretting this move in future

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice! by Princess1982(f): 6:16am On Dec 06, 2012
Decryptor: I hope u won't kick him out one day for one flimsy reason...a trait common with women residing in the US. I see a brother regretting this move in future
Long as hes not a cheater or a woman beater then he won't regret it.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice! by Mynd44: 6:22am On Dec 06, 2012
Good for you babe
Re: I Need Advice! by Princess1982(f): 6:22am On Dec 06, 2012
Besides I saw the numbers in his bank account and even if I did boot him out its not like he would be walking around the US homeless.
Re: I Need Advice! by joey4jo: 6:39am On Dec 06, 2012
Princess1982: Besides I saw the numbers in his bank account and even if I did boot him out its not like he would be walking around the US homeless.
Behold!!!
The mystery has been solved!!
Re: I Need Advice! by 2sexy(m): 12:51pm On Dec 06, 2012
Princess1982: I am dating a man from Nigeria and our relationship is starting to get serious so sometime here in the near future one of us is going to have to relocate. I am gainfully employed here in the US and I make enough to take care of both of us until he can find employment. In Nigeria he owns a business and his business is doing well and he too could support both of us. He as no desire to move to the US and he insists that things would be better for us in Nigeria.When I think of Nigeria I think of a country stricken by extreme poverty and corruption but he insist that they things I hear are only partly true. I was on a brief visit to Nigeria last year but I got the feeling he was only showing me the best Nigeria had to offer. So anybody who has lived in both the US and Nigeria or even just Nigeria why or why isn't Nigeria a great place to live?
How did you guys meet? Just curious!
Re: I Need Advice! by Princess1982(f): 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
We met on FB he was so annoying but he wouldn't go away. I was almost at the point of blocking him because, I told him I don't hook up with strangers off the net then I finally gave in and its been almost 2 years strong now.
Re: I Need Advice! by Mynd44: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2012
Princess1982: We met on FB he was so annoying but he wouldn't go away. I was almost at the point of blocking him because, I told him I don't hook up with strangers off the net then I finally gave in and its been almost 2 years strong now.
Good for you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice! by seedord247(m): 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
2sexy: How did you guys meet? Just curious!

You self won meet akata abi?
Re: I Need Advice! by greedie1(f): 4:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
seedord247:

You self won meet akata abi?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Need Advice! by Decryptor(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
Princess1982: Long as hes not a cheater or a woman beater then he won't regret it.
And what about seeing another guy more cuter than he is in the future?
Re: I Need Advice! by Princess1982(f): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2012
Decryptor:
And what about seeing another guy more cuter than he is in the future?
Lol Im kind of hoping he is my future!
Re: I Need Advice! by Yvete(f): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2012
Princess1982: I am dating a man from Nigeria and our relationship is starting to get serious so sometime here in the near future one of us is going to have to relocate. I am gainfully employed here in the US and I make enough to take care of both of us until he can find employment. In Nigeria he owns a business and his business is doing well and he too could support both of us. He as no desire to move to the US and he insists that things would be better for us in Nigeria.When I think of Nigeria I think of a country stricken by extreme poverty and corruption but he insist that they things I hear are only partly true. I was on a brief visit to Nigeria last year but I got the feeling he was only showing me the best Nigeria had to offer. So anybody who has lived in both the US and Nigeria or even just Nigeria why or why isn't Nigeria a great place to live?

Girl, I was once in your shoes. Met my fiancé on FB (secret - Lied to everyone that we used to be friends way back). I did the trips to Naija thing but Obudu cattle ranch, Radisson blu et al is blahh. I psyched him to come over for a Masters to see how it works for us because I'm willing to move back to Nigeria later, in the future NOT NOW! Honestly, Id move if there's a need to. I refuse to leave my job just like that and ive started working towards my masters too. He finally obliged (whew), applied for study leave, got a students visa ... the rest is history. Yankee living! Looool.

I understand that your BF has more responsibilities as a business owner so he can't leave just like that unlike mine. Well, nothing in life is guaranteed so you might just take a shot at it though I wouldn't until I've applied for jobs and received offers in Nigeria. Let him visit before you relocate. If there's a dire need for you to move, consider all options and make a wise decision. Everyone's situation is different.

I must confess - I kept my options open though nobody clicked like this man. grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice! by Princess1982(f): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the advice Obudu cattle ranch it must be something about that place because that is were my trip ended after we went to lagos and 6 other states lol. Goodluck with your masters.
Yvete:

Girl, I was once in your shoes. Met my fiancé on FB (secret - Lied to everyone that we used to be friends way back). I did the trips to Naija thing but Obudu cattle ranch, Radisson blu et al is blahh. I psyched him to come over for a Masters to see how it works for us because I'm willing to move back to Nigeria later, in the future NOT NOW! Honestly, Id move if there's a need to. I refuse to leave my job just like that and ive started working towards my masters too. He finally obliged (whew), applied for study leave, got a students visa ... the rest is history. Yankee living! Looool.

I understand that your BF has more responsibilities as a business owner so he can't leave just like that unlike mine. Well, nothing in life is guaranteed so you might just take a shot at it though I wouldn't until I've applied for jobs and received offers in Nigeria. Let him visit before you relocate. If there's a dire need for you to move, consider all options and make a wise decision. Everyone's situation is different.

I must confess - I kept my options open though nobody clicked like this man. grin

(1) (Reply)

The Emotional Blacmail Trap / Who Should You Support In An Argument Between Your Mother And Your Spouse? / The Question, ''what Do U Want From My Sister?'' Got Me Destabilised.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.