Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,495 members, 7,954,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? (13827 Views)

Alimodu Sheriff As Pdp Chairman.what Do You Think? / The GEJ Trekkers Got Elaborate Reception By An LGA Chairman.(photo) / Coming Soon - To An Lga Near You (kogi Lg Chairmen Kidnapped For Ransome) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by stagger: 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
Unfortunately, the political structure in Nigeria has made the LGs subservient to the state governors. So unless you go and start licking Sullivan Chime's boots from now on, you are wasting time. Find one project to do in his own local government to get his attention. This will prove that your loyalty to him is assured once you get in.

You are going to have to spend money to get your name and face known. Make no mistake about this.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by TippyTop(m): 1:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
Stop deceiving yourself, methinks you're only joking.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by DICKtator: 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2012
This is simple
1. Join a strong political party
2. Do their dirty jobs
3. Learn how to fight
4. You will rise to the top
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by nduchucks: 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2012
Comments on this thread, coming from youths, show that the children of current politicians will rule you people in perpetuity until an iron-hand wielding person or the military takes over. SMH

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
You mean LOCAL govt CHAMPION

afam4eva: I want to throw my hat into the ring and contest for an elective position. I think i can make a change by starting off by contesting for the chairmanship position in my local government, Enugu South LGA. It's not like i'm ready at the moment but i want to plan for the future. I chose to contest to become the LG chairman position because it's the closest government to the people. I want to make my LGA the pride of NIgeria and Africa. Infact, i don't mind being the LGA chairman for the next 50 years if the constitution permits as long as i can make my own little contribution in my local government.

Now, what are the things that i need to know and which party do you think is progressive and encourages young people like myself?

What's the minimum age to be elected in to such a position?

As an LGA chairman, how much power do i wield?

I'm currently working on my economic plan for my local government and i will also like ya'll to contribute and tell me what you think local governments need the most.

Thanks
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Opoki(m): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
You need 2things in Nigeria Politics.
1. Money.
2. Too much Money.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by tonte(m): 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
1.Can u fight in public
2.Can u lie swearing with the bible/koran
3.You must know who/when to kill
4.You must know if/when to bite the hand(s) that brought u there

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Jarus(m): 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2012
Same thought has been running through my mind in the last one year. But I don't think I'm cut out for elective politics. If appointed into a political post, I would take, but elective, no, at least for now.

Kwara state commissioner for finance? Youth and sports?
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
Marry and get your replacement ASAP.

Gather and save enough for your offspring and wife when you are no more.

Save enough to buy bullet proof SUV for physical attack.

Employ a powerful witch doctor to detour spiritual missiles directed at you.

Join any of the occult groups in Nigeria for further protection and connection.

After all this, start by criticising and opposing your state governor in his policies and programmes. Make a lot of noise in the state and if the hunt you and couldn't succeed they will invite you for a round table talk. Then and then, state your intention and remain resolute about it.

I can be both your economic and political adviser if my service is required.

Noto bene: please try get a good lawyer to always back you up.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by kedukc(m): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
@OP, great idea. I can link you up with a godfather in Enugu south. I am from Abia so there's no conflict of interest. Here's my number. 07030ANGEL0

Mods please, move this thread to Business section or Technology market for more appropriate viewing.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by express101: 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2012
afam4eva: I want to throw my hat into the ring and contest for an elective position. I think i can make a change by starting off by contesting for the chairmanship position in my local government, Enugu South LGA. It's not like i'm ready at the moment but i want to plan for the future. I chose to contest to become the LG chairman position because it's the closest government to the people. I want to make my LGA the pride of NIgeria and Africa. Infact, i don't mind being the LGA chairman for the next 50 years if the constitution permits as long as i can make my own little contribution in my local government.

Now, what are the things that i need to know and which party do you think is progressive and encourages young people like myself?

What's the minimum age to be elected in to such a position?

As an LGA chairman, how much power do i wield?

I'm currently working on my economic plan for my local government and i will also like ya'll to contribute and tell me what you think local governments need the most.

Thanks
Philanthropy is the gateway to power. Make yourself meaningful to your community in whatever way you can -- that would give you grass root support when you are ready

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by KINGwax(m): 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
Since it's a future plan, first thing to do is stay alive till that time first.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by tarryT(m): 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2012
Infact, i don't mind being the LGA chairman for the next 50 years if the constitution permits..
.......I rebuke the spirit of Sadam, Mugabe, Biya, Gaddafi, Mubarak, Abacha et al' out of you...iseee. May the Gods of our land never allow someone with such mentality.. Recieve the spirit of Mandela...iseee.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Demdem(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
what exactly do u want? were u not the person that told us u will like to represent Nigeria in an olympic sport and u are working towards it?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by CHAIRMAN1(m): 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
Bros, u think say na the course rep you be for futo be this?

Wake up o... This one na national runs!
Anyway, I wish you luck.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Igweka(m): 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
Nice decission but at wrong time. If u want to contest L.G.A post start on time be in politics 4 some time,dnt jump into it jus because of who u ar,remember what happen to Chukwuma Soludo. Secondly if u happen to have any post b4,try to be nice. Except by rigging.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Jarus(m): 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
Demdem: what exactly do u want? were u not the person that told us u will like to represent Nigeria in an olympic sport and u are working towards it?
not mutually exclusive
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by yoged(m): 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
ebamma 3: 1) your bank balance should not be less than 50million
2)you must get a good native doctor
3) you must make friends with motor park touts and cultists
4)you must know how to lie
. Funny. Lwkmd
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Demdem(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
Jarus:
not mutually exclusive

didnt get that undecided
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
This one that is always on nairaland 247 wan be LGChairman, chai! Naija don suffer. grin grin
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by manny4life(m): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
If we're to go by majority of the responses here, Nigeria in general has a long way to go. If someone has to have TOO MUCH MONEY, what happened to political support/donations from the public? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Afam, I'm with you. I have same plans too, only that when I come home, I'll contest for governorship. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by jhydebaba(m): 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
What does the future holds for the Nigerian youth
The political caucus is a circle
Join the CABAL
Join the ruling secret cult
In addition, u must be ready to KILL
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by aieromon(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2012
#nowplaying Black Magic/Ikon/Blink - Bastard
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by naturalwaves: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2012
@ Mods. What's with this Afam4ever and his stories. I am not against him making front page but giving an unnecessary attention looks childish even if he is a friend of the Mods. The last time, it was "Afam4ever wants to contest at the Olympics", now, it is Afam4ever wants to contest again. SMH. Honestly, no one gives a damn about who Afam is, we all come here to share ideas, so , it makes no sense doing a false promotion.Mods please wake up and do your job appropriately.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
Laughing in this hot afternoon...guy abeg no kill me with laff biko
Vikin: This one that is always on nairaland 247 wan be LGChairman, chai! Naija don suffer. grin grin
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by achi4u(m): 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
You need to start from the grassroot level of govt to build ur future political carrier,like some one suggest; you need to context the concelliorship first and learn the pros and cos of the system.

I strongly believe that any nairalander will surly do well in govt.

Afam go for it and GOD bless you.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by achi4u(m): 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2012
You need to start from the grassroot level of govt to build ur future political carrier,like some one suggest; you need to context the concelliorship first and learn the pros and cos of the system.
You need to be closer to ur village ppl with a fat wallet...maka nkwu

I strongly believe that any nairalander will surly do well in govt.

Afam go for it and GOD bless you.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by naturalwaves: 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
Demdem:

didnt get that undecided
What he meant is this;

Basically in Probability and Statistics, when two events are mutually exclusive, it means that the occurence of one excludes the occurence of the other. In other words, the two events cannot happen simultaneuosly. Laughing and crying are two mutually exclusive events.

Afam4ever once said he is going to compete at the next Olympics and now he wants to be an LG chairman again. The two events are mutually inclusive as both of them can be achieved. That was why he said they are NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by ChiSun27(m): 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
[quote author=anonimi]Why not start as a LG Councillor and build your political capital plus goodwill while learning how to work the system without over-compromising yourself on the way up [/quot/

is lyk u r frm my village...i buy d idea 2...thanks bro.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
if you are contesting under ACN, forget money, you don't need that. All you need :

1. a strong political godfather to impose you over the other candidates that had been preparing years before you even thought of the idea.
2. You will also need to be close to the igwes in your LG to gather as much vote as possible for your party.
3. Strong juju to protect against competitors in your party targeting spiritual missiles at you. (Internal power tussle within the party is the most deadly).

Note: LG chairman is a mint position in the state, most councillors and house of assembly members may be eyeing the same post so competition is stiff. You could be better off starting your political career as a councilor or supervisory councilor. Then work your way up.
Re: I Want To Become An LGA Chairman - What Do I Need To Know? by solomonkane(m): 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2012
manny4life: If we're to go by majority of the responses here, Nigeria in general has a long way to go. If someone has to have TOO MUCH MONEY, what happened to political support/donations from the public? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Afam, I'm with you. I have same plans too, only that when I come home, I'll contest for governorship. grin grin grin grin

In other words: Chimaroke Nnamani II abi? I see you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline / Femi Adesina: You Can’t Force Buhari To Make Public His Assets Second Time / Umahi's Cabinet Members Test Positive For Coronavirus, Governor Shuts Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.