Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,942 members, 7,828,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus (15025 Views)

Baby With 2 Heads Survives Risky Surgery In Afghanistan (PHOTOS) / Indian Child Roona Begum Recovering After Hydrocephalus Surgery / The Heartbreaking Story Of The 18-Month-Old Hydrocephalus Indian Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by andyanders: 6:53pm On Dec 02, 2012
God knows the best and loves the infant. May His will be done on the little boy. Wish him great. He can turn to be a world leader. What of Lione Messi? He was burn with a decease and was rescued by Barcelona and today, he is a great man all over the world.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2012
Okija_juju: Wow......

I don't think I am emotionally strong enough to face this one o!!

I can't blame the mother, e no easy!

Welcome back boss!
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Enoquin(f): 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2012
Reminds me of the book 'splendid' I read many years back, a true life story written by the mother of the child, I think the boy died at 6 and the last word between mother and son was 'splendid'...

After reading the book, I dragged out my mum's medical books reading on babies and their different defects...hmmm

@Berem...sorry for your loss...
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by lepasharon(f): 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
India knows how to bring every cartoon character to live.

grin grin god forgive me for laughing
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by donlyone(m): 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2012
India again?
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by phineboy1pimple(m): 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2012
slimyem: No woman should abandon her own child under any circumstance...
That mother is very ignorant..
Sure if the baby's operated and back to normal,she won't hesitate to take it back..!

Is there a remedy to this?...
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
Aww..this is sad. I've actually heard of this happening in Lagos and all the nurses ran away. Baby ws born dead tho
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
treament of hydrocephalus can b quite challengin....d ventriculoperitonal shunt could bcome infected,could break down.....infact most of babies i manage here have a complication or the other
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2012
Olanight: treament of hydrocephalus can b quite challengin....d ventriculoperitonal shunt could bcome infected,could break down.....infact most of babies i manage here have a complication or the other

Ditto this... but, life with a shunt is still better than life unlived because of NOT placing a shunt.
My advice - place the shunt, educate the parents on signs of a malfunction and let the baby live happily.

My son has a VP shunt and has had multiple revisions because of malfunctions and infections (placed EVDs) but it is still better than giving up on that poor child. Hydrcephalus is the least of my worries.

@berem - sorry for your loss cry

1 Like

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 02, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Is there a remedy to this?...

It depends on the reason for the hydrocephalus. There could be multiple reasons for it. Chiari malformation, spina bifida, etc. Find the cause of it and its easier to provide treatment.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
this baby would live
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
My son wasnt born with it.his head suddenly enlarged at 4 months.he wasnt operated immediately because his condition almost destroyed my marriage.he never walked till he died after complications from surgery. Meehn! If i never had such experience,i wouldnt have known what hydrocephalus is.
SniperInADiaper:

It depends on the reason for the hydrocephalus. There could be multiple reasons for it. Chiari malformation, spina bifida, etc. Find the cause of it and its easier to provide treatment.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2012
berem: My son wasnt born with it.his head suddenly enlarged at 4 months.he wasnt operated immediately because his condition almost destroyed my marriage.he never walked till he died after complications from surgery. Meehn! If i never had such experience,i wouldnt have known what hydrocephalus is.

*hugs* Can I send you an email?
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
the baby should be allowed to die at this early stage before he be a burden to himself, his parent and society at large.
that is only if this condition cannot be cured 100%.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
the baby should be allowed to die at this early stage before he be a burden to himself, his parent and society at large.
that is only if this condition cannot be cured 100%.

This is bullshit. Go slap yourself.

1 Like

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 02, 2012
Pls do.i will appreciate.
SniperInADiaper:

*hugs* Can I send you an email?
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
SniperInADiaper:

This is bullshit. Go slap yourself.

you are bull$h!t. go slap yoursef.

stop being xtian for once and open up your mind. you are not the parent here, so you wont understand the problems & complications involved. angry angry angry angry
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

you are bull$h!t. go slap yoursef.

stop being xtian for once and open up your mind. you are not the parent here, so you wont understand the problems & complications involved. angry angry angry angry

Wrong. I have a child with hydrocephalus. I'm well aware of the risks and complications. I'm also aware of his EXCELLENT quality of life. He is not a burden.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Teejayphillip(m): 10:32pm On Dec 02, 2012
Nawah oo... God is wonderful sha lipsrsealed lipsrsealed...
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by yuzedo: 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
Enoquin: Reminds me of the book 'splendid' I read many years back, a true life story written by the mother of the child, I think the boy died at 6 and the last word between mother and son was 'splendid'...
Omg!! Wow! U read Splendid?! shocked Did u go to QC or did ur bro go to KC? Oh my.. The story of Wole... Recollection is bringing back nostalgia.. It was a book of courage and Wole's mom is a blessed woman.. cry
So wuz ur number? cry
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by slimyem: 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2012
berem: My son wasnt born with it.his head suddenly enlarged at 4 months.he wasnt operated immediately because his condition almost destroyed my marriage.he never walked till he died after complications from surgery. Meehn! If i never had such experience,i wouldnt have known what hydrocephalus is.
hmmn..
you've been through quite a lot...!
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
No child shall be a burden to us IJN AMEN. My dear i cant access my mail now.i will surely reply tmr.my regards to ur child
SniperInADiaper:

Wrong. I have a child with hydrocephalus. I'm well aware of the risks and complications. I'm also aware of his EXCELLENT quality of life. He is not a burden.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
Its not "her" that rejected the baby but rather Indian society. There is no way she could take that baby home..esp to her mother in law. Indian women pay dowries to marry men and are expected to be perfect and everthing that comes from....or out lipsrsealed of them must be perfect as well. #pathetic

With that said I sure hope someone with a heart will take care of that child who did not ask to be here. Not sure how someone could carry a life for 9 months, see a defect and throw it away. Smh.

Society would have to kiss my ---.
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 03, 2012
sad
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by DMainMan: 5:37am On Dec 03, 2012
berem: Now this story has brought back hurting memories.i lost my son to hydrocephalus on 11th of april last year.he was 5yrs old.it was a terrible experience for me and my hubby.though his was an arrested HC,it wasnt as big as this one in the pix.damn! It was terrible! RIP BEREM. MUMMY LOVES YOU BUT GOD LOVES YOU MORE!

Sorry madam. May GOD ease your pain

1 Like

Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by emmaatuo(m): 7:37am On Dec 03, 2012
It's poverty jhor! If she had the money, she'd just ask how much it cost to drain the fluid from the baby's skull instead of rejecting him
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 03, 2012
berem: Now this story has brought back hurting memories.i lost my son to hydrocephalus on 11th of april last year.he was 5yrs old.it was a terrible experience for me and my hubby.though his was an arrested HC,it wasnt as big as this one in the pix.damn! It was terrible! RIP BEREM. MUMMY LOVES YOU BUT GOD LOVES YOU MORE!

Sorry for your loss ma'am!
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by malc619(m): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2012

Sorry... sad sad
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Okijajuju1(m): 9:10am On Dec 03, 2012
Imanuelle:

Welcome back boss!

Brother.. Feels good to be back.. grin
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Catchfire1: 10:04am On Dec 03, 2012
doubleDx: Bizarre Baby ''BB'' : looks like one of them 'Grey's' aliens cheesygrin!

Animal! angry angry
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 03, 2012

Sorry for your loss madam, may his soul rest in peace! My childhood friend suffered from the disease too but survived; he is a successful man today. Glory to God!
Re: Indian Mother Rejects Baby With Hydrocephalus by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 03, 2012
Catch_fire:

Animal! angry angry

We are all animals, aren't we?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Common Beard Myths Demystified / Itchy Nipples / 2022 List Of States With The Highest HIV Rate In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.