Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? (6525 Views)

An interesting story of a one way journey,a life jacket and a river.A must read / Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag / 'maame Water' Caught In A River In Ghana? - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Ibime(m): 11:44pm On Dec 04, 2012
I have saved a drowning friend in Amadi Creek and would jump in to save anyone in the water whether suicidal or not, because the effect on me to let anybody go would be bad knowing I had the power to change the situation.

You must grab the person from the back, put your arms under their armpit and lock their shoulder with your palm, and no matter how they struggle, you would swim away with them easily.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by dabrake(m): 11:48pm On Dec 04, 2012
If the person's head will fetch me original N1000 notes after ritual, why not.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by TableLeg(m): 11:57pm On Dec 04, 2012
No sorry
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Osheshe(f): 12:01am On Dec 05, 2012
Life is all about choices...the choice to live, and the choice to die.

So someone decides to end her life for whatever reason...shey na she first get problem for dis life?

I find it hard to feel sorry for peeps with suicidal tendencies. People have been through worse times and still have a reason to celebrate life.

I'm a good swimmer, but why dive into the icy water thereby putting myself at risk? What happens if I save her, and I die from pneumonia tomorrow? Wetin I wan tell community?

Better still I save the her and the id1ot overdoses on prescription pills or slits her own wrists some days later?

She nor even try. All these yeye people and their death stunts. How am I sure she didn't plan with a friend to record the event and post it on youtube?

Don't understimate the extent some peeps are willing to go for cheap publicity.

IMO, if she really wanted to die so bad, she should have tied something heavy to her hands or feet. To make sure she sinks fast, and drowns even faster with no hope for rescue.

Rubbish! angry When she reach yonder she go talk wetin make life tire her so tay she commit suicide.

Life is sweet...anybody wey decide to end am, na e sabi.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Ifilinwa(f): 12:42am On Dec 05, 2012
Yes now. Nollywood taught me that the person may marry u in d long run

1 Like

Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 05, 2012
I've done just that but it was at a lake.

This is just human decency and a natural act to help fellow humans in need.

For me the question is: Can you live with yourself seeing someone drowning and not helping them?
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by McFalz: 1:02am On Dec 05, 2012
*Sips Ribena*
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by ikachi1: 1:04am On Dec 05, 2012
If the guy try to commit suicide, wetin concern me? E don decide to see papa God quick quick. If the guy fall in accidentally, I go jump in go help like I have done several times. If you are not an expert swimmer, do not even think of rescue because you might go with that attempt.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Dopefiend(m): 2:28am On Dec 05, 2012
Yea sure I can......but if he/she tries to pull me along, den an uppercut wud be delivered.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 05, 2012
Aro Okigbo: I can because I know the technique.
However, I'll first ask for his/her consent.

Just consent? I heard somewhere they have to sign a notarized form promising not to drown you during the course of the rescue.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 05, 2012
jimctu: I would probably save her...at least it will makes me fell good.

And if you drowned along side the person, trust me it'll make you feel really bad.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Mwankpy: 5:41am On Dec 05, 2012
Not if he/she is doing it with a gun or dagger! cheesy
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Mwankpy: 5:44am On Dec 05, 2012
On a more serious note, no. But will I try to save a person being drowned by his enemy? I'll try! grin
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Mwankpy: 5:48am On Dec 05, 2012
Dopefiend: Yea sure I can......but if he/she tries to pull me along, den an uppercut wud be delivered.

Which of you will deliver the uppercut? Don't be sure it will be you! Drowning is not as predictable as that
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Localamos(m): 5:55am On Dec 05, 2012
::Andrew:::
Yes, I will jump in and ask him to handover his gold watch grin grin grin

...Then there probably would be two corpses floating on the river.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by salafiyy: 6:14am On Dec 05, 2012
ONLY IF I CAN SWIM
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by sweetliet: 6:19am On Dec 05, 2012
nope! Can't swim n even if I can, can't risk my life trying to save someone who has given up on life
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by patwhizkid(f): 6:42am On Dec 05, 2012
No!!! Every mallam with his own kettle abeg!
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Elebiju: 7:14am On Dec 05, 2012
I once saved a lady who almost drowned in a bucket of water,the thing no easy o cos as the babe jump inside the bucket fiam no so I jump follow am na God use me that day and I believe I can save. anybody in a river.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by slimyem: 7:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Ibime:
You must grab the person from the back, put your arms under their armpit and lock their shoulder with your palm, and no matter how they struggle, you would swim away with them easily.
Easier said...!!!
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by pastormustwacc: 7:40am On Dec 05, 2012
sweetliet: nope! Can't swim n even if I can, can't risk my life trying to save someone who has given up on life
This is precisely my thinking. I cannot force someone to live, it is possible for me to save the person from drowning, i am a good swimmer, but. . .
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 05, 2012
I really need to learn how to rescue people. Am an expert swimmer by the way. Lemme use good instead of expert.

Don't fink ama save any1 sha
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by adim2(m): 8:19am On Dec 05, 2012
 cannot oh. Rather than saving someone we both will end up dead. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ it better  pray for her soul  find peace
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by GentleNaaz(m): 8:19am On Dec 05, 2012
I wl jump n tell ha
1. "babe u hv tkn a wise decision"
2. Help me wt ur ATM n tell me d pin no.
3. Help me wt ur BB n iPhone if any
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by GentleNaaz(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2012
Ijogz K: I really need to learn how to rescue people. Am an expert swimmer by the way. Lemme use good instead of expert.

Don't fink ama save any1 sha
Guy u r nt talkn any sense
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Mementus(m): 8:37am On Dec 05, 2012
They xhould av introduced swimming education na. Swimming pool they neva near talkless of jumping into a river.hAhAhA i pity ur life.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Shenez: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2012
Why should I?
A couple And kid diee while saving a dog
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by Justbright(m): 10:41am On Dec 05, 2012
I dey crase?
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by harlos: 10:58am On Dec 05, 2012
Even if i know how to swim i won't dare it
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by faithclin(f): 11:00am On Dec 05, 2012
I can't even swim in a bath tub.... I'll look for tyre and throw it to her and give her option to change her mind!
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by brightlinse(m): 11:15am On Dec 05, 2012
I no fit,cuz I don't no how to swim.
Re: Can You Jump Into A River To Save A Stranger Who Tries To Commit Suicide? by predicta: 11:46am On Dec 05, 2012
As I no come sabi swin nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Billyonaire, Kindly Accept My Supernatural Challenge To A Bet Amount / Destroying Satanic Witchcraft Cobwebs Part 1 / What If Life Is A Dream And Death Wakes Us All Up ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.