Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,427 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta (46632 Views)

Lady Wore Bum-Short To Ecobank In Abeokuta (Photos) / Young And Aspiring Entrepreneurs In Abeokuta,let's Meet! / Covenant Fadama Multipurpose Cooperative Society Of Nigeria-the Sage Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2012
@ akinsdeji. I m working on getting a cheaper price for the land. Will keep you inform of the progress. Which area are you?
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by boladex1: 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
jethro2: @ bola_dex. You are escused. But i pray you will be able to attend any other one after that because we cant register you in absentia. We all need to know and interact with each other. Stay blessed

I WILL ATTEND ANY SUBSEQUENT MEETING THANKS AND MAY GOD CROWN OUR EFFORTS

1 Like

Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by sp2002(m): 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2012
we are poultry farmer/consultant operating in ibeju-lekki lga of lagos state. we do establish farm for beginners and consult for existing ones. for more info do contact me via:
SP2002 POULTRY & LAND CONSULTANCY
WWW.SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2012
Our meeting still holds as follows DATE : SATURDAY 15th of DECEMBER 2012. (This coming saturday) VENUE : HEED TECHNICAL COLLEGE . Block J Plot 9 Methodist estate, off bola ajibola str Asero Abeokuta Ogun state. TIME : 10 : 00am. You are all welcome
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 10:11am On Dec 11, 2012
The annual general meeting of the Ogun State Cooperative Federation (OGSCOFED) is holding today @ the co operative building located opposite Asero motor park, Asero abeokuta Ogun state. OGSCOFED is the parent bodies of all co operative in Ogun state
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by ogbongenet: 10:30am On Dec 11, 2012
my mail profindeed@yahoo.com. im from odeda local government.08060115253
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2012
@ ogbongenet. You can join us for the meeting on saturday. Its going to be the combination of ideas and talents. Youth development for the youths
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 5:21am On Dec 12, 2012
Count down to the meeting day. 3 days more. The meeting still holds as planned. Lets be there and also invite our friends. Contact no O8064688501
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 11:35am On Dec 13, 2012
Our meeting still holds at Heed Technical College, block j plot 9 methodist estate, off bola ajibola str asero abeokuta ogun state. All youths from ogun state are welcome
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by innocentchuks(m): 2:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
Good news for fish farmers,
get your fingerlings, post-fingerlings, juvenile, table fish and broodstock @ divine concept farm.
fixtures: low mortality rate, good growth rate, good food conversion ratio, high resistance to diseases.

your benefits include:
1.Daily guide and assistance on the pros and cons in fish farming.
2.Supply of only improved and good seeds.
3.Delivery at a subsidized price.
4.An opportunity to be a Hatcher.
rush now will the offer last for more detail call 08038651783 or 08184959320
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 10:38am On Dec 14, 2012
The Ogun state youth co operative society holds tommorrow 15th of December 2O12 at Heed Technical college, Block j plot 9 methodist estate. Off bola ajibola str Asero abeokuta Ogun state. Time is 10.00am. For more info call 08064688501
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
We mail everyone that has indicate interest in the co operative. In case you didnt get or you are just reading this, the meeting is tommorow in Abeokuta. Please lets endeavour to be there. God bless us all
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2012
Wow. We want to thank God and the people that created time in their busy schedule to attend our first meeting today. Its really a big step and we appreciate everyone. The meeting was educative and informative. Will get back with the updates
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
Different names were suggested for the co operative registration. The two prominent ones are
1 Youth co operative multipurpose society
2 Enterpreneur youth multipurpose co operative.

The co operative secretariat and address for now will be Heed Technical College and the area of operations is all the LGA in Ogun State.

Among the things that was discussed extensively are
1. Co operative registration : We will be inviting the ministry of co operative in ogun state for inspection and registration in our next meeting. Any of the two names mentioned above will be the registered names. We also have commenced the neccesary steps needed to register us with the Ogun State Co operative Federation (OGSCOFED)
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2012
Qualification for membership
1. All youths in Ogun State
2. Registration fee of N500
3. 3 passport photograph. 1 for ID card, ! for passbook and 1 for forms
4. an introduction from a member
5. must be a share holder
6. Must have a monthly thrift savings not less than N1000.

Members must be present at all general meetings.
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
Farm land and cassava cultivation ; The co operative members has agreed to have a co operative farmland in Odeda LGA of the state. Some members too have sown interest. A member has been assigned to help in the leasing of land. The initial price was N5000 per hectare which its a bit on the high side. We ve task the member to negotiate and beat the price to between N2,000 to N3,000 per hectare. We will be putting the cost implication of using manual labour or getting tractor from the local government.

Another member has also been tasked to make enquiries about land in Orile ilewo near abeokuta. Things to consider in the locations are the fertility of the land, cost of land, availability of equipments such as tractors, fertizers etc.
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2012
Loans : There is internal and external loans.
Internal loans is directly from the co operative while external loans are loans from other source such as ,govt loans, agric loans and Loans from other finance house, etc

Purpose of loans : Loans may be granted to members only for neccesary or productive purposes
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 6:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
the copy of the minutes and the draft societys of Bye laws and constitution have been mail to members. The date of the next meetings will be communicate to us and the progress of the registration. New members are highly welcome
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by delaruh(m): 7:14am On Dec 17, 2012
jethro2: the copy of the minutes and the draft societys of Bye laws and constitution have been mail to members. The date of the next meetings will be communicate to us and the progress of the registration. New members are highly welcome

I am happy for the improvement so far , but I haven't gotten any copy of the minutes and bye laws and condition.... Here is my email once again davidpinion11@yahooo.com
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2012
Sorry for the mixup. Will send it to your box.
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 7:45am On Dec 17, 2012
@ Delaruh. Sorry for the mixup. Will send it to your box.
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2012
@ Delaruh. Check your box.
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 10:13am On Dec 17, 2012
It was also agreed at the meeting that we should speed up the co operative registrations so we can start applying for government loans, grants and subsidys.
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by ogoplus: 10:24am On Dec 17, 2012
Good work guys !

I like to add that this co-operative should not just be about loans and grants only.

Farming like any other occupation requires money but knowledge is also very essential.

Lets see how we can partner the various ministries of agriculture, successful farmers and the relevant national and international institutions (like IITA) for workshops and training opportunities.
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2012
@ ogoplus. Thanks for the observation. The co operative is not only about loans but its main objective is to empower and help us develop our bussiness and farmlands. To do this we needs funds. There are some people that have started somethings and what they need is expansion and innovations. All this require funds. For those that needs training, the co operative will be setting up a research committe to look into it. We ve appoint members to make enquiries into organizations that can be of aids and assistance to us.
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by delaruh(m): 7:50am On Dec 18, 2012
jethro2: @ Delaruh. Sorry for the mixup. Will send it to your box.

Okay thanks , I will do that now and get back to you.
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by boladex1: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2012
jethro2: @ ogoplus. Thanks for the observation. The co operative is not only about loans but its main objective is to empower and help us develop our bussiness and farmlands. To do this we needs funds. There are some people that have started somethings and what they need is expansion and innovations. All this require funds. For those that needs training, the co operative will be setting up a research committe to look into it. We ve appoint members to make enquiries into organizations that can be of aids and assistance to us.

send mail to me too as i miss the meeting. when is the next meeting
send to my box babsodus2k@gmail.com
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 10:58pm On Dec 18, 2012
@ bola_dex. I ve just forward the minutes of the meeting to your mail. The next meeting have not be fixed because we need to put our house in order. We will be inviting the ministry of co operative for registration. So we intend to have gotten all the neccesary document ready
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 11:06pm On Dec 18, 2012
Please lets find time to read through the societys constitutions and point out mistakes or corrections. We will appreciate if this can be done before the weekend so we can print out the copies for submission. Thank you
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 11:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
@ bola_dex. We will let the house know when the next meeting will be coming up. Hopefully very soon
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by jethro2: 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2012
To open a co operative account with the bank of agriculture (BOA). The requirements are 1. The co operative certificate 2. Identification cards for 3 signatories 3. Minium of N5000
Re: Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta by four4: 8:11am On Dec 19, 2012
Pls I'm interested and dis is my email delanoade@yahoo.com thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

“I'm Dead, I Can't Pay" - Lady Tells Loan App That Posted Her ‘Obituary’ (Video) / Elon Musk Had An Affair With Sergey Brin's Wife, Nicole Shanahan / Nana Otedola 50th Birthday Celebration: Femi Otedola Dances With His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.