Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,448 members, 7,819,658 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments (6124 Views)

$3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG / Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos / Femi Falana Threatens To Sue Dangote, Oil Companies Over Accidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by Demdem(m): 10:35am On Dec 03, 2012
ujchief: Interesting! So minister of labour and productivity was indicted in the subsidy probe, N2.7 bil payed to 'his' company. These are the cabals Gej is scared to fight, all protected under the umbrella of pdp. Come 2015, he will come home to contest the gubernitorial election in my state, magically scaling thru all screening exercise, both from INEC, Efcc, icpc et al since hes under the umbrella. Gej and pdp are the bane of democracy in this country!

u can read about it here. he isnt the first in this admin and he wont be the last.
Thats the Retardeen's cabinet for u.

https://www.nairaland.com/1120826/resign-now-cnpp-tells-corrupt
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by PointB: 10:36am On Dec 03, 2012
Okija_juju: When I said this SAN is a lunatic that likes to sue anything, people said I ws being a bigot..

One day, Falana will sue himself for being mad...

You mean he sues everything that moves? grin grin grin
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by Gbawe: 10:53am On Dec 03, 2012
k2039:

At the end of the case we will know who are really daft,those who believe something will come out of this or those who believe otherwise.

Frankly if he takes the federal goverment to a court outside the shores of Nigeria he may win,but sueing federal goverment in a Nigeria court on this particular matter and believing he will win is just being plain stupi.d and those also believing he will win are just extremely stupi.d as well

Dude, you don't really see the big picture to note the fundamental importance of the likes of Falana. It is not really about whether anything will come out of this or not. The bigger issue is that passionate and brave Nigerians like Falana, always ready to challenge government impunity, still exist.

Falana's actions, always rapier sharp, sensitizes Nigerians to Government misrule and lawlessness. The 'intangibles', e.g the concept of adhering to the rule of law, contribute immensely to the development of political sophistication and helps raise awareness of how citizens must fulfil their duties of check-and-balance by holding leaders to account.

We need more Falanas and we need more checks-and-balances to counter government impunity - especially when the Government of the day is one that revels in lawless and shameless behaviour.

1 Like

Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by takedat(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2012
Gbawe:

Man mi, sometimes, it makes one want to cry for Nigeria. Falana reveals the total arbitrariness and disregard for the law with which the Country is being run and some are distractingly only able to contribute silly comments while ignoring the very grave subject matter.

Ordinarily, Nigerians, if politically sophisticated, should be enraged by this adhoc and disdainful disregard for legal provisions. If the NNPC act stipulates that the number of board members for the parastatal should be 7 why has it now gone up to 9 with the appointment of Orasanye and Otti?

Are we just a daft people or is the wider implication not obvious? I.e the thought that this same lawlessness is routine in every aspect and area of the administration of Nigeria under this government?
Nigerians are so nonchalant and oppressed to the extent that we fail to question our government while those who take up the gauntlet to do so are called names. Its highly disturbing that till date none has asked the government the cost of the contract awarded to JB and RCC to rehabilitate the Lagos Ibadan expressway after the concession given to Bi Courtney was withdrawn. Similar infractions like the mentioned where government arbitrarily took decisions without no one to question them.
Not until we collectively begin to question and hold these guys accountable to us, before we can make progress.
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by cowgurl: 11:09am On Dec 03, 2012
falana is worth applauding and truly we need more of his ilks to checkmate these lots.

and to the enthusiastic appointees,
are they not also cognizant of this same law stipulating the number of board members to refuse their nominations?
hahahahaha - who could resist such haven.
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by olivertwist: 11:31am On Dec 03, 2012
Only 'Jerry Rawlings' through the help of God can save Nigeria. 'Shuo', see dumb comments

Anyway,my advice for Mr Falana is to just keep exposing them but avoid wasting your precious time suing their a.ss. If GEJ like, let him appoint his wife, children, brothers & sisters, uncles & other family members into the NNPC board. Whether he appoints 7 or 700,it makes no difference to ordinary Nigerians. Afterall, they are all birds of a feather. SMH
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by Okijajuju1(m): 11:53am On Dec 03, 2012
PointB:

You mean he sues everything that moves? grin grin grin

The guy sued dangotes trucks to court for jamming people...
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by ypzilanti: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
k2039: Obviously,that's one case he knows he wont win.

Though I dont have a problem with his suit,just that I'm beginning to suspect this man has political ambitions,just trying to be popular.

Only a foo.l will quote my quote and before he does,he/she should know I dont have a problem with his suit but my big problem is with the judiciary in itself,our judiciary is corrupt and their are no salvages left,if he sues the FG in a court out side of Nigeria maybe he can win but not in a Nigerian court(not like the federal goverment doesnt know about the constitution governing NNPC),but expecting that Falana will win this case is just being plain stupi.d.

As it stands only a revolution will save this country not law suits

What is wrong with his having political ambitions? So only the thieves should aspire to office?

2 Likes

Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by Gbawe: 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2012
take dat: Nigerians are so nonchalant and oppressed to the extent that we fail to question our government while those who take up the gauntlet to do so are called names. Its highly disturbing that till date none has asked the government the cost of the contract awarded to JB and RCC to rehabilitate the Lagos Ibadan expressway after the concession given to Bi Courtney was withdrawn. Similar infractions like the mentioned where government arbitrarily took decisions without no one to question them.
Not until we collectively begin to question and hold these guys accountable to us, before we can make progress.

Correct. In West Africa today, I am noting , from direct experience, that it is Nigerians , a very divided and frustrated people, most notorious for doing this i.e hounding the few good guys they have in a unique form of self-immolation.

For me it boils down to the fact that others do not have the toxic and malevolent ethnic hatred that makes Nigerians ready to castigate and insult anyone, regardless of their good effort, who is not from their ethnic group. Very sad my guy.

When the likes of Falana give up the struggle, then Nigeria is a fully failed State because the government will be happy to act with total impunity and reckless abandon secure in the knowledge that no one will challenge its actions.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by aurenflani: 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2012
Okija_juju: When I said this SAN is a lunatic that likes to sue anything, people said I ws being a bigot..

You have palmwine for a brain.

1 Like

Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by Bobajo(m): 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2012
Are you for real? So nobody should challenge illegal acts again? Chineke!!! We are in trouble in this country with people like this dude making this sort of asinine comment. sad sad

Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by PointB: 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

The guy sued dangotes trucks to court for jamming people...

hehehehe grin grin grin grin
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by omenka(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2012
k2039:

At the end of the case we will know who are really daft,those who believe something will come out of this or those who believe otherwise.

Frankly if he takes the federal goverment to a court outside the shores of Nigeria he may win,but sueing federal goverment in a Nigeria court on this particular matter and believing he will win is just being plain stupi.d and those also believing he will win are just extremely stupi.d as well

The crusader ihas been making altruistic efforts to stem the tide of corruption that has engulfed evry facet of our society, beginin from the top, yet armchair critics like u wld always view issues from a political periscope. If eventually he is haunded to a point he has to leave the country and continue his advocacy for good governance and accountability from a country that upholds human rights, same pple like u wld be the first to raise critical tongues and fingers in his condemnation with such remarks as 'that useless old man is abroad saying rubish! What has he done for his immidiate community?'
Well when that time comes, hopefully it never will, make sure you refer to this thread and others that bear records of his selfless efforts.
It truely pains me to read comments such as yours.

1 Like

Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by PointB: 2:48pm On Dec 03, 2012
omenka:

The crusader ihas been making altruistic efforts to stem the tide of corruption that has engulfed evry facet of our society, beginin from the top, yet armchair critics like u wld always view issues from a political periscope. If eventually he is haunded to a point he has to leave the country and continue his advocacy for good governance and accountability from a country that upholds human rights, same pple like u wld be the first to raise critical tongues and fingers in his condemnation with such remarks as 'that useless old man is abroad saying rubish! What has he done for his immidiate community?'
Well when that time comes, hopefully it never will, make sure you refer to this thread and others that bear records of his selfless efforts.

Have you seen that 'crusader' harass Tinubu/Fashola and his 40 thieves the way Gani Fawahemi did. If this is not the case, don't we reserve the right to shout duality/hypocrisy?

Hasn't he heard any of these weighty allegation?

https://www.nairaland.com/1120280/looting-lagos-tinubu-fasola-exposed
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by Okijajuju1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 03, 2012
Bobajo: Are you for real? So nobody should challenge illegal acts again? Chineke!!! We are in trouble in this country with people like this dude making this sort of asinine comment. sad sad

Ndi be gi asinine... angry
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by seanet01: 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2012
I bet madness is a tribalistic disease. It choose to associate with the eastern part. See as they are talking of Fashola on a Falana thread. Awon Eranko dede.
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by k2039: 4:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
omenka:

Pele, let's see where your crusade takes us to.
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by DonaldGenes(m): 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2012
Hmmmmmph! What a sad case seeing some silly comments and you begin to question whether some peeps were born via ANUs or what?
I rest my case!
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by chloride6: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2012

U must be a f.ool
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by lukaino(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2012
tot this guy has a bunch of advisers who should prevent these gaffes; whats their job? Falana has a valid point on this
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by Gbawe: 8:21pm On Dec 03, 2012
lukaino: tot this guy has a bunch of advisers who should prevent these gaffes; whats their job? Falana has a valid point on this

Precisely. Your perspective is totally correct. Why, with so many expensively maintained advisers, does this government keep managing to do things that show open disregard for the rule of law? Making this about Falana is asinine. We should worry about what these sort of actions portend for Nigeria.
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by dounleedee: 9:56am On Dec 04, 2012
Gbawe:

Precisely. Your perspective is totally correct. Why, with so many expensively maintained advisers, does this government keep managing to do things that show open disregard for the rule of law? Making this about Falana is asinine. We should worry about what these sort of actions portend for Nigeria.

You guys should not relent in giving us your constructive and educative comments.
The challenges we have in re-building this country are always better depicted by some of the bizarre comments on this forum.
Africans have never really enjoyed or witnessed true democracy and this sometimes explains our myopic and pessimistic attitude towards the rule of law, constitutional rights, and roles of organs and agents of governments.
The sad and ironic part is the unwillingness of our people to educate their minds through the words and actions of those pointing us in the right directions.
Re: Falana Threatens To Sue FG Over NNPC Appointments by Gbawe: 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2012
dounleedee:

You guys should not relent in giving us your constructive and educative comments.
The challenges we have in re-building this country are always better depicted by some of the bizarre comments on this forum.
Africans have never really enjoyed or witnessed true democracy and this sometimes explains our myopic and pessimistic attitude towards the rule of law, constitutional rights, and roles of organs and agents of governments.
The sad and ironic part is the unwillingness of our people to educate their minds through the words and actions of those pointing us in the right directions.

Very true. Many , instead of tackling the substantive issue, would rather hurl insults, call others names and heap unwarranted attention/curses on the family of other posters here. This behaviour, at best , get us nowhere and , at worst, actually contributing to a general loss of focus on what is fundamental and paramount to the development of our development. Your statement below is pure gold:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gowon Urges Govt To Address War-time Abuse Of Power Cases. / Gov. Udom Awards Contract For Another Flyover In Uyo Akwa Ibom State Capital / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.