Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Essence Of Fasting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Essence Of Fasting (1434 Views)

What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? / The Essence Of Celebrating Good Friday / PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME :The True Essence Of Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Essence Of Fasting by profem1(m): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2012
I observed majority of we nigerians dont know the significance of fasting.
most christians fasts 4 7days,a month just for fasting and end up breaking the fast with a sumptous meal
same also to the muslims,when they observe their yearly fasting most of them would have eaten heavy foods in the morning(saare) and later eat also in the evening and some of them would later kill ram at d end of d month.when i asked about 3 muslims D essence of d fasting none of them knew it.
pls WHAT is the ESSENCE of FASTING
Re: Essence Of Fasting by k2039: 9:30am On Dec 03, 2012
The essence of fasting is to keep the stomach without food and to dehydrate the body for some few hours
Re: Essence Of Fasting by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 03, 2012
fasting and prayer goes together.
fasting disciplines the flesh and its carnal desires,and its also a good way to maintain good health.
Re: Essence Of Fasting by OmoAlata(f): 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2013
And fasting kills the flesh thus making the spirit man alive wink
Re: Essence Of Fasting by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yeah...fastings put the flesh under..sumtimes fasting can starve your doubts and build your faith
Re: Essence Of Fasting by Gambrosia: 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
Absolutely none!
I don't worship 'things' that sadistically starve people for requests or supplications! cool
If your gifts of grace and wharrreva are not FREEE AS A so-called 'CHILD OF GOD'. . .GET LOST, AND STAY LOST! kiss

See you in HELL! cool
Re: Essence Of Fasting by OmoAlata(f): 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2013
Gambrosia:
I don't worship 'things' that sadistically starve people for requests or supplications! cool

You don't have to fast before God answers your prayers. It's your personal choice.
Re: Essence Of Fasting by God2man(m): 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2013
Check this topic, www.nairaland.com/1074684/school-fasting-part-1

God bless you.

God2man.

(1) (Reply)

Mai Tatsine, Boko Haram And Can: The Bitter Truth / Am I A Bad Person For Not Being Religious / Holy Spirit Directed Me To Have Sex With Women... Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.