Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Mental illness May Be The 'price' We Pay For Intelligence - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mental illness May Be The 'price' We Pay For Intelligence (10008 Views)

Mysterious Illness May Be Carried By The Wind / My Phobia For People With Mental Illness: Reply To Adebola Rayo / Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Mental illness May Be The 'price' We Pay For Intelligence by chux4liv(m): 11:15am On Dec 04, 2012
I concur with OP... The prof. that supervised my project display some lunatic behaviour. It got to a stage he started contradicting his statement while making correction on my project..even simple L.C.M he flopped. You just hear him using big statistical wordings to justify his claim at the expense of my project.. In my mind I was like "oga free me make i dey go, I no wan bcom prof like u..habaa"
Re: Mental illness May Be The 'price' We Pay For Intelligence by caye(m): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2012
tpia1:
japanese, indians, chinese working round the clock to enable you to be civilized, are all mad, abi?

undecided
Actually, the Japs have a high incidence of mental illness made evident by the level of suicide in their country. The chinese also have been experiencing increasing number of suicides due to depression with mental illness underlinings. In addition, statistically or by way of reasoning, the 21st century (with high level of sophistication and intelligence) is characterised by increasing levels of mental disorders e.g schizophrenia and bi-polar disease. What majority of Nigerians believe to be mental illness is when a person becomes finally psychotic. Psychosis is however just one of the end results of mental illness. Suicide, murder, sexual promiscuity, sociopathy and the increasing phenomenon of homelessness are also symptoms. In a nut shell, mental illness is deeper than Nigerians' views.

3 Likes

Re: Mental illness May Be The 'price' We Pay For Intelligence by Herball: 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2015
@OP

This reseacher's intelligence has made him or her mentally ill to make the below statement:

The genetic 'fluke' which led to the evolution of our ability to reason may have also sown the seeds of mental illness, the researchers claim.

The study claims that the genes which led to complex behaviour evolved 500 million years ago, when our 'ancestors' were invertebrates living in the sea.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diet For Renal Patient / Air Pollution: Nigeria Ranks 4th Deadliest In The World / Does Fasting Help You Lose Weight?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.