Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? (19582 Views)

Why Does The Bible God Discriminate So Much? / Bible God And His Share Of Virgins And Other War Booty / The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by wiegraf: 1:54am On Dec 04, 2012
tpia1: hmm, sensitive about his low IQ.

Ok. So do you have anything to add, or is that really all you're capable of saying? Across how many threads now? Including that brilliant one where you concluded programmers do not have high IQs because they are 'anti-god'. So, anti-god equals low IQ in your universe? Interesting. Do you know what IQ means? You made that thread blissfully typing away on a machine built around the work of a gay atheist, and posted it on the site of an atheist. I'm sure the many atheist, or anti-god as you put it, scientists that have given you all the nice things you enjoy also had low IQs as well, yes?

That's the sort of reasoning I'd expect from say a cartoon villain. Or the miserable, evil, religious, psycho bi.tch you see in movies who is generally just pissed off because well, no one likes her. This translates usually to she really just needs a good sha.g to lessen her misery, so she can feel loved. As there's non coming, god!! He's the answer to every thing, and you love him very much, don't you? Good luck with getting the sh.ag btw, that could be a problem. Anyways, the simpler explanation though for your shoddy reasoning is, no doubt, that you are just a m.oron. A combo of the two is possible and rather likely as well, you're a miserable m.oron.

If you're going to be a slowpoke, at least try and be a happy m.oron. No one likes sad m.orons. Gotta get to work, only so much time to deal with eediocy
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 04, 2012
tevinsolt: olodo, i wonder how you could breathe if you had a "flat" nose, besides in context it's not talking about nose nose, and fiya Asians also have similar noses but smaller

So the bible is talking about dead people abi?

Weere upon craze upon madness
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by tpia1: 2:47am On Dec 04, 2012
I wish someone would tell that fellow to stop parading his low IQ.

Quite embarassing.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 3:23am On Dec 04, 2012
tpia1: I wish someone would tell that fellow to stop parading his low IQ.

Quite embarassing.

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Vansnickers: 3:43am On Dec 04, 2012
wiegraf:

cheesy
Is there a way to give a post 1000 likes?

There are black mormons. I'm not even sure how that computes

What are Mormons?
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by wiegraf: 3:44am On Dec 04, 2012
tpia1: I wish someone would tell that fellow to stop parading his low IQ.

Quite embarassing.

Address me directly, rather than looking for help, oh pathetic one. Or is that statement all your programming prescribes? Try "fo.ol" as your bible recommends maybe?

Seems I've met my match as far as childish antics are concerned. You're on your own as far as being a miserable half-wit is concerned though. Also, do note, I never said you claimed I had a low IQ. I said you go around parroting the same inane $hit on various threads. Now though, you confirm you think I have a low IQ. Of course, I am aware that being an eediot makes you an expert on IQs.

Agh, back to work...
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by wiegraf: 3:58am On Dec 04, 2012
Van snickers:

What are Mormons?

You've not heard of them? You probably have but were not paying attention. A spinoff xtianity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latter_Day_Saint_movement

Their founder eventually hanged by a mob, for 419,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith,_Jr.

Despite that, today there are 14 million members. They have some history with black people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people_and_Mormonism

But that article is a little too tepid for my liking, culling from a slightly more colorful one:

"It was Smith’s successor, Brigham Young, who adopted the policies that now haunt the church. He described black people as cursed with dark skin as punishment for Cain’s murder of his brother. “Any man having one drop of the seed of Cane in him cannot hold the priesthood,” he declared in 1852. Young deemed black-white intermarriage so sinful that he suggested that a man could atone for it only by having “his head cut off” and spilling “his blood upon the ground.” Other Mormon leaders convinced themselves that the pre-existent spirits of black people had sinned in heaven by supporting Lucifer in his rebellion against God. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/19/opinion/sunday/racism-and-the-mormon-church.html

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Vansnickers: 4:00am On Dec 04, 2012
Hmmmm,is this not the religion Mitt Romney is a member of?
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by wiegraf: 4:02am On Dec 04, 2012
Van snickers: Hmmmm,is this not the religion Mitt Romney is a member of?

He's not just an ordinary member as well, he's some sort of high priest
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 04, 2012
If all christians could say is ''u have a low IQ'', then know u've got something good, which they just want to ignore becos it frightens them.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by rodeo0070(m): 6:38am On Dec 04, 2012
Guys let's not derail the thread. Let's stick to the topic please..

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2012
I thought I ended this here
Reyginus: Poor understanding of literature.
The phrase 'flat nose' as used in that context is metaphoric.
To walk with a flat nose connotes lifting your face in such a way that your frontal bone becomes hyper-extended. It is seen as a characteristics of egocentrism and arrogance. Prostitutes in ancient times move in these manner too.
Any other problem guys?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by wiegraf: 8:01am On Dec 04, 2012
Reyginus: I thought I ended this here Any other problem guys?

You give some goat herders who lived 2000+ years ago too much credit.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 04, 2012
wiegraf:

You give some goat herders who lived 2000+ years ago too much credit.
lol. Where is it so?
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by wiegraf: 8:24am On Dec 04, 2012
Reyginus: lol. Where is it so?

Don't get me wrong, your answer may be good enough. But if this OT we're talking, I'm more inclined to believe they were simply being racist in some way or the other. They were fairly barbaric and not particularly cultured, in a manner of speak. These are the same people who would have killed you for working on sabbath. I doubt they were as sophisticated as you make them out to be. But you could be right. Note, I obviously don't think any gods were involved in writing it, just humans being barbarians.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 04, 2012
wiegraf:

Don't get me wrong, your answer may be good enough. But if this OT we're talking, I'm more inclined to believe they were simply being racist in some way or the other. They were fairly barbaric and not particularly cultured, in a manner of speak. These are the same people who would have killed you for working on sabbath. I doubt they were as sophisticated as you make them out to be. But you could be right. Note, I obviously don't think any gods were involved in writing it, just humans being barbarians.
Is that the problem?
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by wiegraf: 8:29am On Dec 04, 2012
Reyginus: Is that the problem?

More or else, yup
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2012
wiegraf:

More or else, yup
lol. Good for you. Sure, you love it unsolved.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by tpia1: 9:05am On Dec 04, 2012
rodeo0070: Guys let's not derail the thread. Let's stick to the topic please..

i struck a nerve.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by tpia1: 9:05am On Dec 04, 2012
the low IQ fellows are really sensitive about it.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 04, 2012
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 04, 2012
tpia1: the low IQ fellows are really sensitive about it.
Seriously, I would like to know this low IQ fellows. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by tpia1: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2012
they know themselves.

if your posts show low IQ, then you have low IQ. wink
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by IdiAmin2(m): 1:11pm On Dec 04, 2012
Reyginus: Poor understanding of literature.
The phrase 'flat nose' as used in that context is metaphoric.
To walk with a flat nose connotes lifting your face in such a way that your frontal bone becomes hyper-extended. It is seen as a characteristics of egocentrism and arrogance. Prostitutes in ancient times move in these manner too.

Is the whole text metaphor or is it just flat nose that is a metaphor? Is lame and blind a metaphor too? Your explanation is really funny. Something is written in black and white and you say it is metaphor. So is the virgin birth, tithes metaphor too? If you can't defend the blatant discrimination by by this god against a certain group of people, then pls don't make up 'it is metaphor' story

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by IdiAmin2(m): 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2012
Reyginus: I thought I ended this here Any other problem guys?

Sorry but you did not end it. It is clear from the text that this god is talking about physical things, and not metaphor! What of the blind? Is that metaphor for those who have no vision of the future and can't plan ahead? What of the lame and cripple? Is that metaphor for people who have not fulfilled their destiny and stagnant in life and not moving ahead? Sorry your attempt to defend this god is lame. Not buying it, trying something else.
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by IdiAmin2(m): 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2012
tevinsolt: olodo, i wonder how you could breathe if you had a "flat" nose, besides in context it's not talking about nose nose, and fiya Asians also have similar noses but smaller

Ode buruku, flat just needs its not pointed and there is a flat bone across the bridge and not a wall dividing the eyes like the Europeans do. Oh you thought it meant flat like a flat table with no nostrils. Hahahaa, you see who is the olodo now?

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 04, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Is the whole text metaphor or is it just flat nose that is a metaphor? Is lame and blind a metaphor too? Your explanation is really funny. Something is written in black and white and you say it is metaphor. So is the virgin birth, tithes metaphor too? If you can't defend the blatant discrimination by by this god against a certain group of people, then pls don't make up 'it is metaphor' story
Still lack of understanding. What do you think is the shape of the nose of the race we are talking about?
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 04, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Sorry but you did not end it. It is clear from the text that this god is talking about physical things, and not metaphor! What of the blind? Is that metaphor for those who have no vision of the future and can't plan ahead? What of the lame and cripple? Is that metaphor for people who have not fulfilled their destiny and stagnant in life and not moving ahead? Sorry your attempt to defend this god is lame. Not buying it, trying something else.
Ignorance can stink you know?
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by IdiAmin2(m): 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2012
Reyginus: Still lack of understanding. What do you think is the shape of the nose of the race we are talking about?

You are still trying to avoid the main question here. What dies shape of nose, or race of shape of nose have to do with anything. The question is 'Is the bible god discriminating against PEOPLE with flat noses?'. You dont answer the question, and you go on about metaphor and prideful people like prostitutes in those days. LOL, you're funny and lack basic comprehension skills
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by IdiAmin2(m): 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2012
Reyginus: Ignorance can stink you know?

Is that why I cover my flat nose when I read your comments
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2012
Idi-Amin:

You are still trying to avoid the main question here. What dies shape of nose, or race of shape of nose have to do with anything. The question is 'Is the bible god discriminating against PEOPLE with flat noses?'. You dont answer the question, and you go on about metaphor and prideful people like prostitutes in those days. LOL, you're funny and lack basic comprehension skills
How do you think. Dude, can we for once think?.
You have to understand that knowing the shape and nature of their nose(every race has a perculiar nose shape), will help you understand what the verse is talking about. The race here might be synonymous with flat nose or otherwise, and they are been instructed to avoid moving with a flat nose. What does that tell you? Easy.
If it doesnt make sense in the literal form seek further sense.
The search for our further sense will only be gotten at the connotative or symbolic level. What do you have to say?
Re: Why Does The Bible God Discriminate Against People With Flat Noses? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2012
Idi-Amin:

Please stop acting dumb. How do explain the statement: 'LOVE IS BLIND'? Or 'THE SKY IS MY LIMIT?'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra: Stop Talking About War - Adeboye / My Daughter, Deedee, Got Baptised This Morning. / Why Do Christian Men Remove Their Cap In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.