Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 (9914 Views)

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> / *~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Rocktation(f): 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ohhh, smiley Now I wish that you can share some of that magic, for my section. You've been wonderful!
Lerra tinzwink
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Bless you, buddy. I wish you understood what I meant.
*yawns* Awomen Buddy. Anyway, still post the story o. Your write ups are really interesting:*
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Ishilove: 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2012
brokoto: @bolded, see ya life?
Lmao!!! cheesy
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Ishilove: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
Larry-Sun:

Thanks Ishilove. I caught the faint whiff of innuendo.
Bless you.
What na?? *straightface*
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Ishilove: 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Go away joor! Dis ur military rules sef, anyways.... I love em all....but I gats go wiv who i connect wiv. Ishilove! Am sorry Efe cry cry
Hahahahahahahaha!!

Paddy mi werey,love you too :* cheesy
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Cuddlemii: 4:26pm On Dec 12, 2012
NOMINATIONS CLOSES OFFICIALLY AT 12AM TOMORROW.

THE VOTING WILL COMMENCE SHORTLY AFTER....
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2012
Efe is my gurl, I love reading her. She grips my soul in ways that surprise me. But, for poster of the year, I'ma nominate Ishilove. She's notorious enough.

Efe, pick up your scary story. It's the only other I follow in this section. wink
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Cuddlemii: 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ihedinobi: Efe is my gurl, I love reading her. She grips my soul in ways that surprise me. But, for poster of the year, I'ma nominate Ishilove. She's notorious enough.

Efe, pick up your scary story. It's the only other I follow in this section. wink

And the circle is complete just like I predicted grin
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Ishilove: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cuddlemii:

tongue
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
If its still open, i nominate efemena xy! oya abeg count my vote sharp sharp! grin
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by maejackie(f): 7:47pm On Dec 12, 2012
I nominate Larry Sun, for his Brand Of Cain classic.
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cuddlemii:

What I am saying is this, the poster of the year doesn't necessarily have to be a writer of stories.
How many writers of poetry or other genres have been nominated?
You know, I believe in fairness & variety, I have nothing against the nominations, I just wished it was a little bit mixed.
Anyways, the nominations are going well, which is the most important thing

You know, you could consider holding multiple contests. Might be a bit tedious and at the beginning a lil messy. You could hold annual contests for top prose, drama and poetry contributors each alongside best critic and top poster of the year. The last (which is the current contest) could address itself exclusively to posting behavior.

As it is currently, it's impracticable to address posting behavior exclusively when writing skill and constructive criticism are not appreciated and encouraged.

Forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn. I hope I'm not being as unrealistic as I was the last time demanding that the sub-sections be lumped together to improve the fortunes of the poetry section (sorry! embarassed ). In any case, I think such periodic contests will help expose the various treasures and vast latent potential of the section and possibly increase substantially the traffic here.
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Cuddlemii: 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ihedinobi:

You know, you could consider holding multiple contests. Might be a bit tedious and at the beginning a lil messy. You could hold annual contests for top prose, drama and poetry contributors each alongside best critic and top poster of the year. The last (which is the current contest) could address itself exclusively to posting behavior.

As it is currently, it's impracticable to address posting behavior exclusively when writing skill and constructive criticism are not appreciated and encouraged.

Forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn. I hope I'm not being as unrealistic as I was the last time demanding that the sub-sections be lumped together to improve the fortunes of the poetry section (sorry! embarassed ). In any case, I think such periodic contests will help expose the various treasures and vast latent potential of the section and possibly increase substantially the traffic here.

Your idea is not a bad one and I think someone else mentioned something similar on Page 1.
If you want to organize it, then, you have my full backing. Members have implemented various initiatives on the section before, like the YAN, Writers challenge etc. Maybe you could take this up too.
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Lol. On point. I'd actually not seen that prediction before I posted. Good one.
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Your idea is not a bad one and I think someone else mentioned something similar on Page 1.
If you want to organize it, then, you have my full backing. Members have implemented various initiatives on the section before, like the YAN, Writers challenge etc. Maybe you could take this up too.

Organise it how? What's involved? Also, why can't continuing contests of those sorts be held by Nairaland?
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Cuddlemii: 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Organise it how? What's involved? Also, why can't continuing contests of those sorts be held by Nairaland?

OMG, I thought this thread was strictly for nominations.

Anyways, if you feel passionate about this, outline or create a structure with all the modalities involved.
Create a thread with the structure and this idea of yours will blossom from there.
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by myrooters: 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ishilove

1 Like

Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Cuddlemii: 12:18am On Dec 13, 2012
Closed the nomination at exactly 12am as promised.

I will publish the names of top three nominees soon
Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Cuddlemii: 1:54am On Dec 13, 2012
NOMINEES:

Mynd ->10

Ishilove ->10

Efemena xy ->13

Larry-Sun ->11

Virgo ->4

Emmandus ->1

Redmosquito ->1

senbonzakura_kageyoshi->2

Afroxyz ->1

Rocktation ->1

Firestar ->2

Omolola1->1

Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Cuddlemii: 2:00am On Dec 13, 2012
TOP 4 NOMINEES ARE:

Mynd ->10

Ishilove ->10

Efemena xy ->13

Larry-Sun ->11

Re: The Official Literature/Writing Section Poster Of The Year Award 2012 by Cuddlemii: 2:11am On Dec 13, 2012
Vote Live For The Top Four Nominees->

https://www.nairaland.com/1131064/literature-writing-poster-year-awards

Please, vote wisely and I will be watching closely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Iron Sanctuary: Only I Level Up (V2) / Why Are Books On Igbo Culture, Identity, History Etc Expensive. / Anything You Want? You Can Just Ask & Have Fun | Earn Coins | Invite Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.