Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? (15580 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife Peeps Through My Door, Should I Report To The Husband? / My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? / Housemaid Serving The Husband: Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by miredia(m): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
[CHocolaTE:
]

You are correct sir. Women are supposed to serve their husbands food whether they like it or not.
I don't understand these modern day women that think women are equal to men. Women should show their inferiority by serving food to their husbands instead of waiting for the husband to serve himself.
. No offense ma, but I don't feel women are INFERIOR to men, per contra, I think there are designated expectations from both sexes having exclusive responsibilities; though interchangeable in particular circumstances. The legs aren't literally inferior to the head but complimentary, without either, neither would be maximally or minimally functional. Offcourse, positionally the head precedes the legs but non-functional independently. So you can see true sustainance reticulates around serving as mutual stanchions.

2 Likes

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by larrymoore(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2012
debrief08: Lol Uju, You want to give some people High Blood Pressure you this "westernaised" wife, "soon someone else will serve your husband, maybe the maid self and snatch him, then you will come here and be crying, instead of you to take a teacher or civil service job that will give you time to prepare every meal, keep the house clean and sparkely, and be dressed in the s3xiest nightgown waiting for him when he gets home you are here saying you can't serve your husband. Don't you know that a womans life begins and ends in the kitchen cooking and serving? Don't you see all the desperate women doing night vigil for husband? Do you think having a husband is easy? Stay there and be doing oyibo, one day your husband will be served food and will mumuily enter a land of no return"
Hope I said it right. Uju, a word is enough for the wise, better resign and look for a job that will allow you serve your husband you are here doing oyibo, this is not America oh, Nigerian Men have no self control, and God forbid that he cooks or brings dinner home and serves you, you are looking for trouble, they will snatch your husband oh, na serve and follow, any woman you allow to serve him will carry him and go.
I don't blame you sha, You didn't get the "How to be a Nigerian Wife Manual"
what a natural exhortation!
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ujujoan: If he doesnt want to be served by the maid, then he's free to get the food himself!

Besides, who still 'serves' food these days
Sorry o!...... SMH!
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by tshepiso(f): 3:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
N TO THE O!no maid should even be closeto the pots.personally i wouldnt want a maid at all no matter how big my house is,is she not a woman like myself,how can she do all those house chores and i can`t.i would rather cook,clean ,fetch the kids from school,and iron for my family myself.Its better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by solomon111(m): 3:40pm On Dec 05, 2012
[CHocolaTE:
]

You are correct sir. Women are supposed to serve their husbands food whether they like it or not.
I don't understand these modern day women that think women are equal to men. Women should show their inferiority by serving food to their husbands instead of waiting for the husband to serve himself.
Go to hell with your brainless sarcasm.
If you don't want to serve your husband meals,than marry someone who agrees with you.
Don't you dare tag wise women who opt to do otherwise as inferior.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2012
Is this a serious issue or we are just joking around? grin

maid serve food... you are paraplegic ?

1 Like

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Shinatu: 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2012
oyin50: . Ideally, the answer to this question is determined by individual priorities. To some being divorced or single is nightmarish and not on their agendas, to some being single or divorce is hip and could care less of having multiple partners.

Those are the two extremes, the second being the wrong tag put on the single & divorced.

2 Likes

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by tunapawizzy: 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
slimyem: What would the lady of house be doing while the maid is serving her husband?
watching africa magic yoruba
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by tunapawizzy: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2012
Ujujoan: If he doesnt want to be served by the maid, then he's free to get the food himself!

abi when eateries neva close down......smh...na ur type dey go redemption camp go pray for future husband @ 38
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by AGgal(f): 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2012
I dnt even intend keeping a maid, so help me God!
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Teejayphillip(m): 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2012
Daz rubbish.... Ow can my maid serve me when my wife is dia... Shey make maid take over her position ni?

Even if my wife is out of the country,i'll rada prefer my children 2 serve me or i du it mysef...
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by CHoccolaTE: 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2012
solomon111: Go to hell with your brainless sarcasm.
If you don't want to serve your husband meals,than marry someone who agrees with you.
Don't you dare tag wise women who opt to do otherwise as inferior.

I am not tagging women who serve their husbands inferior. It is not bad to serve one's spouse food. When it becomes bad is when the husband forces the wife to do it against her will. If she wants to serve then fine, no problem. If she doesn't want to serve then the husband should take his food by himself, it is not hard. Taking food is not mixing and carrying concrete, I don't see why anyone would find it difficult to do it by themselves.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2012
Elebiju: here comes another feminist,I know ur type and d kinda man u want,u need a mugu that will do d cooking,laundry even d baby's diapers and ur f..king undies abi?I do the cooking sometimes if my babe is tired but not as a chore,I'll only agree to d maid serving me if only she can serve me in bed
so a wife that cooks, does laundry and washes her hubby's underwears is a mugu abi?
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2012
tshepiso: N TO THE O!no maid should even be closeto the pots.personally i wouldnt want a maid at all no matter how big my house is,is she not a woman like myself,how can she do all those house chores and i can`t.i would rather cook,clean ,fetch the kids from school,and iron for my family myself.Its better to be safe than sorry.
what do you mean by 'better safe than sorry?'
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by sleekch1c(f): 5:37pm On Dec 05, 2012
lots of super-dumb comments. women,serving him food wnt secure him,a dog is a dog even when u dress him in designer clothes.
nigerian men,empty vessels with delusion of grandeur cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2012
sleekch1c: lots of super-dumb comments. women,serving him food wnt secure him,a dog is a dog even when u dress him in designer clothes.
nigerian men,empty vessels with delusion of grandeur cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by addictiv(m): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
see women one problem with u people is that you are so protective and in the midst of your protective nature you expose what you re protecting to harm....
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by bluestreak(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2012

..-what d heck is that...hey! lady wives serve their husbands. My wife cooks for me and also serves me. Its her joy doing that, and its my joy fulfilling my obligations as the head of the family. I guess u're young and ur comment shows u're naive. If u have plans of getting married and enjoyin ur married, pls grow up.when u serve ur husband he will also serve u back in many ways.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
bluestreak: ..-what d heck is that...hey! lady wives serve their husbands. My wife cooks for me and also serves me. Its her joy doing that, and its my joy fulfilling my obligations as the head of the family. I guess u're young and ur comment shows u're naive. If u have plans of getting married and enjoyin ur married, pls grow up.when u serve ur husband he will also serve u back in many ways.

But not every woman out there has the reasoning of your wife. Women, like men have abilities to have dreams, goals, ideas, choices. Why do you assume that all women have to be exact copies of your wife?

Also is the only way people can serve each other serving them food? Why can't a wife instead choose to serve her hubby by fixing his car when it breaks down or something and the husband choose to serve his wife by cooking and cleaning the house? Why does the wife have to serve a particular way while the man shouldn't?

Talking of growing up, have you ever thought of cooking and serving your wife, the same way, every now and then?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Lasinoh: 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
No problem with me there at all.
HE MAY PREFER A DUDE FOR ALL I CARE! kiss

My Agnostic God BLESS America!!!!

Serve yourself OR STARVE TO DEATH! kiss
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by lincoln123: 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2012
I can't accept or allow maid to cook my food, rather than serving it. I wonder what my wife will be doing
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by dickhardener: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2012
Lasinoh: No problem with me there at all.
HE MAY PREFER A DUDE FOR ALL I CARE! kiss

My Agnostic God BLESS America!!!!

Serve yourself OR STARVE TO DEATH! kiss
. The same America where my girl cooks and does my laundry for me.abegiii... Nigerian girls are a handful.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by dickhardener: 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
It's just an individual perception. I use to feel so much Pity for my friends when I see how their lousy, bigmouthed though educated Nigerian wives treat them.So freaking pathetic.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by uzoexcel(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2012
man,chilllax..tot i was d only one that noticed this anger emanating from u.......so much bile in you.....naija s frustrating but u just have to plow along....gudluck grin grin grin grin grin
Kobojunkie:

I am playing dumb? For pete's sake women, you accused me of being angry and I am asking you how to came to that conclusion when nothing in my post suggest anger of any kind. undecided undecided undecided

I don't deny my intelligence, no I do not. What causes my confusion here is how you can, without ever meeting me, knowing my person or having access to my emotion-meter can conclude from mere words in my question there that I am angry. You are not even assuming this . . you CONCLUDED it is the case, from those mere words, and I want to know how you could do that, since all I did was type out my view and questions like I do everyday and flipped over to the next page.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2012
uzoexcel: man,chilllax..tot i was d only one that noticed this anger emanating from u.......so much bile in you.....naija s frustrating but u just have to plow along....gudluck grin grin grin grin grin

Another dingbat who when he is unable to respond intelligently thinks that ASSUMING he has the opponents emotional state figured out from his computer screen/mobile phone, he can pretend to have the situation under his control.

Here's advice for you. Grow a brain and learn to argue issues rather than pretend you have intelligence beyond what you are working with. grin
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2012
(Maid Serves meal to Husband, wife on couch watching *Whatever's on TV*)
Husband to Wife: Wow, this is the best meal I've had in this house.
Wife: Umm, the maid cooked it
Husband: Oh, eh, well, yours is good too.

Not saying it happens always though. wink

I don't see anything wrong in a Maid serving and she could cook only when the Wife's engaged on some other serious issue. (Not a good idea to let her cook all the time too, as seen above).
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Sarcoc: 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
It's such a pity that in this day and age person still dey ask this kind of question!!

It makes me wonder how peoe think. My fellow men should fill greatly insulted by this question that seems to suggest that we can not control ourselves.

Look at it this way does the maid need to serve his food for him to fall for her temptation?

What about the time you are abroad or after having a baby? What about when you are at work on a late shift etc

Basically why keep a house help if you don't trust your hubby/ her?

How does he cope at work?? With his secretary etc

Get a grip people

2 Likes

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by uzoexcel(m): 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2012
nna eh,ur inglishi too much oh..no be all of us go school na.....since Awolowo maud, no free education dey again and public sch don dey collect money..na 4 my mechanic workshop wey i been dey type dz thn oh;work no dey jare.......make u no vex, d op topic no make sense so i gast find somthn else to yearn...take am easy oh;person lyk u go dey beat im babe oh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy!!!!!!!
Kobojunkie:

Another dingbat who when he is unable to respond intelligently thinks that ASSUMING he has the opponents emotional state figured out from his computer screen/mobile phone, he can pretend to have the situation under his control.

Here's advice for you. Grow a brain and learn to argue issues rather than pretend you have intelligence beyond what you are working with. grin
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sarcoc: [size=14pt]It's such a pity that in this day and age person still dey ask this kind of question!![/size]

Felt the same way when I first read the topic. . . .

2 Likes

Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by CHoccolaTE: 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You don't have to respond to these men saying you have anger issues.
You are arguing against their beliefs that women should be foot-mats that is why they are looking for different ways to attack you.
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Lasinoh: 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
dick hardener: . The same America where my girl cooks and does my laundry for me.abegiii... Nigerian girls are a handful.

You specified 'your girl', not your wife!
please, wait till then. kiss

A NIGERIAN GIRL IS DIFFERENT FROM A NIGERIAN WOMAN One is a slave for a wedding ring, the other a SOLE BENIFICIARY aka A FRRRREEED SLAVE.

Please take note! kiss wink
Re: Maid Serving The Husband: Right Or Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2012
Lasinoh:

You specified 'your girl', not your wife!
please, wait till then. kiss

[size=15pt]NIGERIAN GIRLS ARE DIFFERENT FROM NIGERIAN WOKEN. One is a slave for a wedding ring, the other a SOLE BENIFICIARY![/size]

Please take note! kiss wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

4 Lessons I Learned From My Abusive Father About Forgiveness / Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband / Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.