Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Why Won't God Heal Amputees? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? (4685 Views)

Why Can't God Heal Amputees? / "Why Doesn't God Heal Amputees?" / Why Won't God Heal Amputees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by obalola7: 7:22am On Dec 05, 2012
Atheist:-D:

1. The way I see it, Nigeria is a showcase for religion at its worst. We have 2 major religions failing woefully. It means either of 2 things...

A) These religions are not being practised appropriately or

You see you are right and i agree with this that religion as it is in Nigeria is not practice as it should, but that is another topic in its whole. First we should understand that many of us dont really understand the different between the act of religion or religion itself and the subject of religion

A. The act of religion is doing the stated obligation of religion, that means praying five times a day or going to church on sunday.
B. The subject of religion are the human beings who practice this act or practice it.

The religion its self has its theoretical understanding on what needs to be done to be called or part of a particular religion.

That being said, you could be a christian religion observer, but not a christian, if you go to church and do all that is required without attesting to the fundamental beliefs of the religion through the clarity and understanding of the religion elements, for instant, you go to church and have not confess that Jesus is lord, why this is not the only limitation, especially in Nigeria where you have people who confess, and still defraud their members and then practice the religion theory and practical on the aspect that favor them and ignore the rest.

B) These religions have no real positive effect on society. It can be be either neutral or negative but not positive.

You may be right to some extent. Religion is a form of consolation that appeals mostly to those that have been deprived, humiliated, persecuted and are in different challenging situation in their lives. However, the true believers and custodians of these religion, communicate well with God and find solace in time of trouble. In Nigeria case, there are lots of illiterate, intellectually impoverish even though they have Bsc, Msc or Phd from the best university in the world and those that can see but still blind due to poverty. Also as the saying goes, desperate situation call for desperate solution and there for make lots vulnerable. All these add to the reason why the religion is not practiced as it should be, and since the government is also sick, it makes its easier for people to be exploited.

I believe point 2 is the reason why things are getting worse rather than better. Nothing to do with generational curses. The UK and many European countries were of celtic origin. The Celts had a traditional religion known as Druidism (or Wicca) prior to the Romans conquering most areas and outlawing the religion. Wicca is where the name witchcraft came from. Witchcraft is known as the craft of witches.. or wiccans. To summarise if such nations once followed witchcraft, why are they so blessed now? What did our forefathers do that is so much worse than what their forefathers did? Nothing is the answer. It has nothing to do with our forefathers.

2. My point to obadiah was.... if God intended amputees not to be healed how can pastors heal them? Some pastors claim to have done such things in Nigeria. Either the obadiah is wrong, God has no control over the pastors or the pastors are lying.... or all 3 grin

Far from it that its generational curse. Africa and black people in general, believes that if things does not go well, its because on witch, or one person has curse them or hypnotized them. They believe that one baba alawo or amadioha can make their future bad or cause bad things to happen. Anytime that cross my mind, i always believe that how could the white been able to enslaved the people, if they so much have the power to destroy people, especially when you consider that at that time juju is at its peak and had not been adulterated like they say it is now?

I know this is off topic, cos it has nothing to do with God not healing amputee, but its worth noting that,
all that happens to man, come by chance, time and destiny. There is time to have and to be broke, time to die and to live, you can be poor today and tomorrow is your time. So generational cause is not the case, in other way, it could still be to our negligence.. look at the white, they do research and test things out, what nigeria does best is dance and organize party for a long gone relatives, while the white is thinking on how he is going to kill nigeria without a bullet, Nigeria is thinking on how he is going to oppress his neigbour with a car made by the white man. If you use ur brain well, no doubt you will get wealth, if Dangote was sleeping i wonder how he would have been the richest black, or witch did not see him, i guess all Nigeria witch are sleeping when he was making it

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by obalola7: 7:25am On Dec 05, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: God cannot heal amputees, he cannot cure syphilis babies and he cannot cure AIDs patients because the victims are paying for the sins of their fathers.. generational sins, you cannot escape it.

I think many of us will disagree with you on this. There are lots who have seen healing from AID's and Syphilis wouldn't be an exception either. But amputation is a different case.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by obalola7: 2:18am On Dec 09, 2012
obadiah777: WHY WOULD HE ? YOU CANT REVERSE JUDGEMENT. THATS JUDGEMENT FOR SOMETHING THEY DID. undecided

Remember that not all amputation is as a result of judgement. There are christians who are amputated as a result of persecution. So your accession may not be outright correct

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by greatgenius: 8:11am On Dec 09, 2012
you cant heal someone if they do not want to be healed.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by AtheistD(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2012
greatgenius: you cant heal someone if they do not want to be healed.

Who would not want to be healed? Let us stop blaming the amputees or their forefathers. It is unbecoming and unfair.

Just like we blame the poor for being poor.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 09, 2012
obalola7:

Remember that not all amputation is as a result of judgement. There are christians who are amputated as a result of persecution. So your accession may not be outright correct
not everyone who calls the name of the lord is a christian. IS OLEDEPO A CHRISTIAN ? IS BENNY HINN A CHRISTIAN ? IS T D SNAKES A CHRISTIAN ? IS CREFLO NAIRA A CHRISTIAN ? DONT BE DECEIVED BY PEOPLE WALKING AROUND WITH BIBLES. BY THEIR FRUITS YOU SHOULD DISCERN THEM

psalms 34 vs 7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by greatgenius: 9:45am On Dec 09, 2012

Who would not want to be healed? Let us stop blaming the amputees or their forefathers. It is unbecoming and unfair.

Just like we blame the poor for being poor.
who did i blame again? quote me where i blamed forefathers or amputees..and who said i blame the poor for being poor. how is saying the poor are poor because they chose to be poor a blame?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:36pm On Dec 09, 2012
obalola7:

I think many of us will disagree with you on this. There are lots who have seen healing from AID's and Syphilis wouldn't be an exception either. But amputation is a different case.

I was so trying to be unserious back there.. I don't believe in God really.. (not that I imagine he does not exist? I simply can't be bothered)
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by mollie12: 5:08pm On Dec 09, 2012
obadiah777: WELL IF YOU KNEW WHAT THE PERSON DID TO RECIEVE THAT JUDGEMENT YOU WILL BE SINGING A DIFFERENT TUNE. THE PERSON COULD HAVE BEEN A SERIAL R-APIST IN PAST LIFE. FOR EXAMPLE, IN THE REINCARNATION, THE PLANKMAN OF THE ALUU4, IF HE IS REINCARNATED INTO A BLIND PARAPLEGIC BODY WITH SICKLE CELL ANEMIA, YOU SURELY WILL PITY THE MAN. HOWEVER YOU WOULD NOT KNOW HE WAS THE PLANKMAN IN PAST LIFE grin grin

Reincarnation ke

Where is this in the bible abeg?

Pls the views you've expressed so far have no Biblical backing at all. Reincarnation is not a Christian concept in any form.

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UyiIredia(m): 6:08pm On Dec 09, 2012
I think the most honest answer is: I don't know. Maybe it's because Christians hardly pray for amputees to be healed.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2012
Uyi Iredia: I think the most honest answer is: I don't know. Maybe it's because Christians hardly pray for amputees to be healed.

You are a dishonest fellow.

What you are indirectly claiming is that there are no devout amputee christians?

Azzhole
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UyiIredia(m): 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

You are a dishonest fellow.

What you are indirectly claiming is that there are no devout amputee christians?

Azzhole

You are stup1d. Where did I indirectly claim that. I said I didn't know then noted that Christians hardly pray for amputees. Show me where I mentioned amputee Christians. Olodo !
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

You are stup1d. Where did I indirectly claim that. I said I didn't know then noted that Christians hardly pray for amputees. Show me where I mentioned amputee Christians. Olodo !

If you were honest you would have stopped at "I dont know".

Who told you that christians hardly pray for amputees? Wouldnt that mean that amputee christians hardly pray for themselves to be healed? Dumbazz
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UyiIredia(m): 6:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
Logicboy03:

If you were honest you would have stopped at "I dont know".

Who told you that christians hardly pray for amputees? Wouldnt that mean that amputee christians hardly pray for themselves to be healed? Dumbazz

Ode ! have you seen Christians praying for amputees in the many healing crusades that occur. Do you even know if these amputee Christians pray for their healing ? Show me one example as proof.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by advocate666: 7:06pm On Dec 09, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Ode ! have you seen Christians praying for amputees in the many healing crusades that occur. Do you even know if these amputee Christians pray for their healing ? Show me one example as proof.

Because christians do selective prayers.
Their prayers usually goes like this: "please god of jacob, isaac, blah, blah, make this panadol cure my headache. Stretch out your hand and guide this medicine to the source of pain so that I will be cured and magnify your glorious name."
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
mollie12:

Reincarnation ke

Where is this in the bible abeg?

Pls the views you've expressed so far have no Biblical backing at all. Reincarnation is not a Christian concept in any form.
OH YE SIMPLE ONES HOW LONG WILL YE LOVE SIMPLICITY ? SO YOU THINK EVERY TIME SOMEONE IS BORN, THE LORD CREATES A NEW SPIRIT FOR THAT PERSON ? YOU DO ERR

GENESIS 2 VS 1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them <<< EVERY SPIRIT HAS BEEN CREATED FROM THE START THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

have always said that you're a psychopath. Just look at the bold.

One has to wonder what Uyi redia sees when he sees those guys in wheelchairs and crutches go to churches for miracles
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UyiIredia(m): 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
Logicboy03:

have always said that you're a psychopath. Just look at the bold.

One has to wonder what Uyi redia sees when he sees those guys in wheelchairs and crutches go to churches for miracles

So the people in wheelchairs and in crutches are amputees. Ode !
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

So the people in wheelchairs and in crutches are amputees. Ode !

Yes, the ones that have only half their legs or arms.

You have nothing to say, just commot
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UyiIredia(m): 1:57pm On Dec 10, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yes, the ones that have only half their legs or arms.

You have nothing to say, just commot

I have never seen people with half legs on arms at any healing crusade. I dare you to show a picture of amputees at a healing crusade.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I have never seen people with half legs on arms at any healing crusade. I dare you to show a picture of amputees at a healing crusade.

Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UyiIredia(m): 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
Logicboy03:

Is that an amputee ? Clearly that is not even a healing crusade. I asked for a pic of an amputee at a healing crusade and you present nonsense.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Is that an amputee ? Clearly that is not even a healing crusade. I asked for a pic of an amputee at a healing crusade and you present nonsense.

I dont have to answer your question. The fact is that amputees want to get healed and that is why that christian artificial limb centre exists.

Christians have given up on God healing amputees and so they now resort to medical solutions. grin

Am too much for you cool
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UyiIredia(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2012
Logicboy03:

I dont have to answer your question. The fact is that amputees want to get healed and that is why that christian artificial limb centre exists.

Christians have given up on God healing amputees and so they now resort to medical solutions. grin

Am too much for you cool

Clearly as you've said you have nothing to offer.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Clearly as you've said you have nothing to offer.

I'm surprised that you nominated me upon the abuse I rained on you grin Thanks though, it humbled me.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by UyiIredia(m): 2:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
Logicboy03:

I'm surprised that you nominated me upon the abuse I rained on you grin Thanks though, it humbled me.

I nominated you because you contribute a lot. Are you sure you aren't addicted to the Religion section ?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by advocate666: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

I nominated you because you contribute a lot. Are you sure you aren't addicted to the Religion section ?

and wtf are you doing here?
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2012
Let us look deeply into our conscience and honestly answer the question God will not answer come hell or high-weather.
1: Why (even in Biblical times) has God not healed amputees. I am sure they were tonnes of them those days with incessant territorial wars and stuff
2: Why would God bless a prayerful family with Twins and while they are out worshiping him, he allows evil men kidnap the twins never to be seen again (Why)
3: Why does God allow innocent children to be hacked to death, doused with petrol and burnt.. Why (can God truly visit generations of sins on one poor innocent child? ..WHY)
4: Why would a family go to Church to pray to God and have Boko-Haram end their lives summarily. If God foresaw some Evil in their near future and wanted to take them to heaven, could he not have used the flying chariots like Elijah or was it Elisha..

When we refuse to answer simple, honest questions and proceed to make statements like
1: "You have an evil covenant that is killing your babies"
2: "Your great grandfather refused to pay tithe or acknowledge God's blessings in his Life.. you are paying for it now (suckerrr!)

I am sorry to note this (cos it is truly a sad tragedy of reason).. why would every man be accountable for his sins on Judgement day but God chooses to place this on quite simply .. innocent honest peeps.?

So Fellow-humans (Infidels, Kaffirs, Satanists, Christians, Muslims, Islamic-extremists, Pagans and others) it is long-overdue.. We are due for new Gods
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2012
Mr. Uyi believes truly that God can make new limbs but we are sorely lacking in a good number of amputees at deliverance crusades.. whatever happened to church workers who visit orphanages and prisons, at least take some time out to heal one amputee. I know some good Christians who lost their limb(s) due to an accident
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by AtheistD(m): 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
greatgenius: who did i blame again? quote me where i blamed forefathers or amputees..and who said i blame the poor for being poor. how is saying the poor are poor because they chose to be poor a blame?

Did the poor choose to be poor? A lot are poor because of factors that are beyond them... and i not referring to God tongue

Society, class, race/tribe and parental upbringing are major factors that affect poverty.

We should understand that most poor people are not lazy but lack the oppporrunity and privilege to do better for themselves financially.
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by obalola7: 6:30am On Dec 11, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt]Let us look deeply into our conscience and honestly answer the question God will not answer come hell or high-weather.
1: Why (even in Biblical times) has God not healed amputees. I am sure they were tonnes of them those days with incessant territorial wars and stuff
2: Why would God bless a prayerful family with Twins and while they are out worshiping him, he allows evil men kidnap the twins never to be seen again (Why)
3: Why does God allow innocent children to be hacked to death, doused with petrol and burnt.. Why (can God truly visit generations of sins on one poor innocent child? ..WHY)
4: Why would a family go to Church to pray to God and have Boko-Haram end their lives summarily. If God foresaw some Evil in their near future and wanted to take them to heaven, could he not have used the flying chariots like Elijah or was it Elisha.

When we refuse to answer simple, honest questions and proceed to make statements like
1: "You have an evil covenant that is killing your babies"
2: "Your great grandfather refused to pay tithe or acknowledge God's blessings in his Life.. you are paying for it now (suckerrr!)

I am sorry to note this (cos it is truly a sad tragedy of reason).. why would every man be accountable for his sins on Judgement day but God chooses to place this on quite simply .. innocent honest peeps.?

So Fellow-humans (Infidels, Kaffirs, Satanists, Christians, Muslims, Islamic-extremists, Pagans and others) it is long-overdue.. We are due for new Gods

I think there are lots of way to answer your questions, but i will chose a direct way so everyone can understand. "God will not answer come hell or high-weather" it depends on how you look at it. Remember that God is not a magician who could be made to do magic as a result of praise, reward of any kind or influence. He does what he want and chooses whatever he feels like to do. Isaiah 45: 7" (7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." I will actually recommend that you read the entire Isaiah 45. However, you will se that in verse 9 of the same chapter 45, he says "9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?"

Remember, In another text in Jeremiah 18:6 "(6) O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel." Remember the verse 8 says, "8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
" we all know him to be of a merciful God, and if he sent his only child to die for us, you think he can not kill a community to warn others? I think we should understand that our God is not robot who is program to do a certain thing at a certain time, even man will do more.

Have you consider a man ruling Heaven and Earth for one day and see how many people that will die, not to talk of an Angel to rule the affair of man? Why did you think moses prayed that if God will not go with them they will rather stay than an angel of God to guide them forward? look at Syria and other dictators and how they kill their own people just for vocal disagreement and thats the end of the man and sometime his generation are killed by the order of the dictator.
If he creates evil, he can determine how a twin could be killed to punish or make others fear him and repent. If he created man, he can determine how he want someone to be taking away, either by chariot or by plain crash, also bear in mind that God does not repeat his miracle in the same style, the same way, but does make it serve the same meaning, after Elijah, how many people did u see went through chariot, the way jesus left was different from Elijah, and the same Elijah left the world was also different from Enoch , and the way Enoch left the world was also different from moses whose body was never buried by man

you can call for a new gods all you want, but the real God still remain. If you as a man detest things you create or make and get rid of it instantaneously, i wonder what you will expect of God who has the power to do and undo things? Lets look at this scenario " A man was served a plate of rice and after taking a spoon of it, he cracked a stone with his teeth, he look into the plate of rice to see if there are more stones, he did not see anything, then he put another spoon load of rice into his mouth and notice another stone, now his mouth is bleeding then he decided to throw the plate full of rice and big meat away, then someone came to him and said he wasted the food and the big meat, because there are lots of people hungry and he is wasting such a meal with lots of meat. Then he said the food made him angry because he had is mouth cut open and here is blood, then the man said you could still have save some rice with no stone from the plate instead of throwing everything away and also there is no stone on the meat. If human being can do that, how much God destroying the whole earth because of the sin of some people?

The bible made us to understand the do and don't and yet man will still continue to do it. When the sinners sin, the righteous around them feels the consequences when the punishment comes. Just as the rest of the meal that had no stone were thrown away, the righteous suffer with the sinner that cause the problem.
Remember the sin of Achan (Joshua 7), because of a sin of a man, Israel suffer for it until himself, and his house hold that no nothing about it were brought to justice because of the crime of a man who happen to be part of a family they belong to
Re: Why Won't God Heal Amputees? by greatgenius: 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2012

Did the poor choose to be poor? A lot are poor because of factors that are beyond them... and i not referring to God tongue

Society, class, race/tribe and parental upbringing are major factors that affect poverty.

We should understand that most poor people are not lazy but lack the oppporrunity and privilege to do better for themselves financially.
of course most poor people are not lazy. Some are hard working , some are lazy ,some are this some are that etc.. some rich people are hard working , some are lazy some are this and that etc..

My point still is it is all their choosing. Rich or poor..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy-5 Years Down The Line / The Babylonian Origins Of Easter (ishtar) / The Man, The Message And The Mandate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.