Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5754968 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2015
I wish I can eat tuwo.
Hd never tried it b4.
Chillisauce, how does it taste?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

Nne eh
I turned to my host and said Nneka how do you people manage in this place without taking off your clothes and entering market
This is rough!
I told her that if this was the USA,I would simply walk in,pick up a form off the counter fill it,hand it to the cashier who will ask for a valid ID and walk out with my money in less than 10 mins

by the way they did ask for picture ID
I handed over my naija passport and after some minutes they said it is expired,then I whipped out the blue one

We have a long way to go

Frustratingly, true.

That song: Nigeria go survive readily comes to mind...

#Sigh#

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2015
moca:
I wish I can eat tuwo.
Hd never tried it b4.
Chillisauce, how does it taste?

Tasteless . Just like any other swallow.
It's the soup you are eating.
Actually, taste just like rice without salt.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Atmmachine(m): 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
Babymama1:

Do you mean Ogbono soup shocked shocked shocked or dried Ogbono

If na you nko?

One time my suitcase tore at a corner when it came out and some of the contents spilled including a few dirty underwears I recognized
Some non essential stuff,really
I denied those underwears immediately boned face and exited the building
DIRTY LovePeddler
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 11:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
Ah! I found it.

Now doesn't this bring back happy memories?

Oya Babymama, Chillisauce, et al come and confirm... cheesy

Fellow cooks, abeg nor vex. Sometimes it's good to cook whilst jiving to music in the kitchen. I do it all the time! smiley smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBrrkiCXYNo

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Ah! I found it.

Now doesn't this bring back happy memories?

Oya Babymama, Chillisauce, et al come and confirm... cheesy

Fellow cooks, abeg nor vex. Sometimes it's good to cook whilst jiving to music in the kitchen. I do it all the time! smiley smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBrrkiCXYNo

Memories
Memories
Wow

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

Tasteless . Just like any other swallow.
It's the soup you are eating.
Actually, taste just like rice without salt.
Ok.
I don run be that! cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:00am On Jan 18, 2015
grin grin

Ogbono soup? As in already made. Dear lawd.
EfemenaXY:

You're lucky you didn't miss your flight o!

That aside, I'll never forget the image of someone's Ogbolo soup in a transparent local bread polythene bag, just going round and round and round on the conveyor belt at Heathrow airport.

I think the owner probably saw his soup but was too embarassed to collect it. Not with everyone looking and interested in seeing the owner of the escaped-Ogbolo-soup-in-a-polythene-bag... grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 18, 2015
cococandy:
grin grin

The thing shock me o
You sef efe how did you know it was Ogbono and not bitter leaf soup
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:51am On Jan 18, 2015
Dinner is rice,spinach and chicken
My best friend in this city came to welcome me from naija with a huge pot of jollof and chicken for me and a egusi soup for Oga and I am eating the last of it

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:12am On Jan 18, 2015
Babymama1:

The thing shock me o
your mails don't go through? Tried twice
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 18, 2015
cococandy:
your mails don't go through? Tried twice

Nne ,I got the one you sent this morning
That hotmail is a hot mess.i couldn't respond
I can't even open the thing since noon
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:21am On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:28am On Jan 18, 2015
cococandy:
ok. Alright then. smiley
Ok
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:10am On Jan 18, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Atmmachine(m): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2015
Babymama1:

Nne eh
I turned to my host and said Nneka how do you people manage in this place without taking off your clothes and entering market
This is rough!
I told her that if this was the USA,I would simply walk in,pick up a form off the counter fill it,hand it to the cashier who will ask for a valid ID and walk out with my money in less than 10 mins

by the way they did ask for picture ID
I handed over my naija passport and after some minutes they said it is expired,then I whipped out the blue one

We have a long way to go
Old Goat. We Don't forking care about the color of your forking passport..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 9:02am On Jan 18, 2015
Babymama1:
Dinner is rice,spinach and chicken
My best friend in this city came to welcome me from naija with a huge pot of jollof and chicken for me and a egusi soup for Oga and I am eating the last of it

Sweet Jesus!

That rice...and meat..and veg...look absolutely yummilicious. I'm sooooo gonna cook Jollof rice today too. This your plate dey hungry me, nor be small. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 9:09am On Jan 18, 2015
cococandy:
grin grin

Yep. Saw it with my very own näkëd eyes as it majestically did the rounds on the conveyor belt. cheesy
Babymama1:

The thing shock me o

Ah..ah!

I'm a cook too na. Besides that soup was fresh, and the bag big. His / her mama filled the polyethylene bag with it. Absolutely no way of mistakening the contents. grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Idowuogbo(f): 9:17am On Jan 18, 2015
Atmmachine:
Old Goat. We Don't forking care about the color of your forking passport..
grin grin grin grin

On a Sunday morning? Fear God na
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Atmmachine(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2015
Idowuogbo:

grin grin grin grin
s
On a Sunday morning? Fear God na
That old W.h.o.r.e disgusts me. 40% of Nairalanders have the blue passport but we Don't go around telling every john & Emeka.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 18, 2015
Atmmachine:
That old W.h.o.r.e disgusts me. 40% of Nairalanders have the blue passport but we Don't go around telling every john & Emeka.

If you had the blue passport then it won't mean a thing. Don't come and bring this nasty attitude to this thread.

Mod. Pls take note.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 18, 2015
First attempt on plantain moi moi.

Very Tasty .
Will def be making more of this .

Custard.

1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Atmmachine(m): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2015
Chillisauce:

If you had the blue passport then it won't mean a thing. Don't come and bring this nasty attitude to this thread.

Mod. Pls take note.

Nigga, You Don't know shiit.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
Lunch.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
Herzumpther:
Lunch.

Hey...

Saw your moi-moi with the plantain leaves. Cool. cheesy

But you should have taken pics of the step-by-step process on how you used the leaves now. Did you fold the leaves to form a bag, then tied both ends before pouring the moi-moi into it to boil?

How do you secure it so that the moi-moi doesn't leak out from the leaves? What did you use to cook it? Fire wood and iron / aluminum pot? Or firewood and clay pot?

Herzumpther!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Hey...

Saw your moi-moi with the plantain leaves. Cool. cheesy

But you should have taken pics of the step-by-step process on how you used the leaves now. Did you fold the leaves to form a bag, then tied both ends before pouring the moi-moi into it to boil?

How do you secure it so that the moi-moi doesn't leak out from the leaves? What did you use to cook it? Fire wood and iron / aluminum pot? Or firewood and clay pot?

Herzumpther!! smiley smiley smiley
Lol. I promised to take pictures when doing it but that morning I didn't get a good phone to snap that was why I only took the end product but when next I'm doing it I will make sure my sister is around so I will use her tab to snap for clearer pic and to make it easy for you to see the steps.

No I did not tie both ends lol. There is how its been wrapped..... Don't worry, tomorrow I will try get the leaves then show it to you I promise.

I used big alumuinum pot and charcoal... Let me post a picture of it.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 1:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
^^ Thanks Herzumpther. Will be looking forward to seeing those pics.

Charcoal. Doesn't that give off a lot of blackened smoke and sooth? You go wash and scrub your pots tire.

See eh, if you ever decide to use firewood and clay pot, please, please, please, hollar me. Na that one I really one see, biko.

**Cococandy'll understand where I'm coming from...** smiley smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Charcoal. Doesn't that give off a lot of blackened smoke and sooth? You go wash and scrub your pots tire.

See eh, if you ever decide to use firewood and clay pot, please, please, please, hollar me. Na that one I really one see, biko.

OK I go use firewood when I will make it next.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by f4flakes(f): 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2015
Chillisauce:
First attempt on plantain moi moi.

Very Tasty .
Will def be making more of this .

Custard.

Pls how did you make the plantain moi moi? Sounds very interesting smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
EfemenaXY:

**Cococandy'll understand where I'm coming from...** smiley smiley
cheesy cheesy
I understand perfectly.
Add calabash n wooden dishes and the picture will be perfect

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by omicron(m): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
Good afternoon everyone! Sunday rice...

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
f4flakes:

Pls how did you make the plantain moi moi? Sounds very interesting smiley

Allnigerianrecipe website.

That was where i learnt the tuwo too

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick, TFLASHOGEE(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.