Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2055) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5762714 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by islandmoon: 9:04pm On May 05, 2020
Akposy:

You Sabi Jos wella. Dogon karfe was the first place I saw strawberry in Jos. It was just scenting everywherecheesy....I was in awe

I was the DOS in my department that year, I took my set to Ghana and they love the trip, I know Jos really well, from Army Engineer to K vom, reach maraba , to Ijebu Bassa to Du. those are the 4 angles of Jtown .

Baba, we rocked that town before we moved out, but I still dey enter to flex, whenever I fall in, na military level , curfew no dey affect me .we no dey brag.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 9:13pm On May 05, 2020
So I decided to prepare something for work tomorrow and I came up with beef + dried prawn stir fry spaghetti.

I added one "poi poi" shito sauce I bought before the lockdown when I went shopping. Initially I didn't like the sauce cos it had one funny taste( maybe I just wasn't used to the Ghanaian spices used). However I saw a lmvideo on YouTube few days ago where the lady added the same shito sauce that was lying fallow in my house to her stir fry and she was hyping the taste of the stir fry she made.

So with a doubtful mind I risked adding it to the stir fry and to my surprise the aroma while cooking and the final taste was very cool.

See picture of the shito sauce below

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ADUKKY(f): 9:49pm On May 05, 2020
BlueRayDick:
So I decided to prepare something for work tomorrow and I came up with beef + dried prawn stir fry spaghetti.

I added one "poi poi" shito sauce I bought before the lockdown when I went shopping. Initially I didn't like the sauce cos it had one funny taste( maybe I just wasn't used to the Ghanaian spices used). However I saw a lmvideo on YouTube few days ago where the lady added the same shito sauce that was lying fallow in my house to her stir fry and she was hyping the taste of the stir fry she made.

So with a doubtful mind I risked adding it to the stir fry and to my surprise the aroma while cooking and the final taste was very cool.

This sauce makes sense o,unfortunately my husband has been unable to get it since this lockdwon started. My children love it with bread, plantain or potatoes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 10:04pm On May 05, 2020
ADUKKY:

This sauce makes sense o,unfortunately my husband has been unable to get it since this lockdwon started. My children love it with bread, plantain or potatoes.

He can always get it at Shoprite or Any of these new superstores. I don't think justrite sells it sha.

When I bought it, the plan was to use it for rice once in a while when I'm too lazy to cook stew. That day I was forced to quickly arrange for stew cos I ry didn't like the taste Raw. It was tasting like it was halfway done stew( if there's anything like that)

I think with this spag I just found a better way to put it to use.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:12pm On May 05, 2020
Prestonn:

For the business stuff, just give a try.

Sometimes is good to anoint our food cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't know if you've taste it before, but if you haven't, you are good to go. Some mostly use Italian strong herbs.... Till we see smiley

"Muchas Gracias" is Spanish. means (Thank you very much)

The down looks good, nest time just try to spread it well so you won't have those big space at the down.

But you are a fast learner oh shocked... Imagine just today you came up with good result.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks....I will
It is passion and determination.... Muchas gracias de hermane cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:18pm On May 05, 2020
islandmoon:

I was the DOS in my department that year, I took my set to Ghana and they love the trip, I know Jos really well, from Army Engineer to K vom, reach maraba , to Ijebu Bassa to Du. those are the 4 angles of Jtown .

Baba, we rocked that town before we moved out, but I still dey enter to flex, whenever I fall in, na military level , curfew no dey affect me .we no dey brag.
Interesting... Well-done!!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 05, 2020
Mvena:

Make I bring plate ni

E dun finish tongue
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 05, 2020
Akposy:

Why na... please I want to eat... Help me with more than half plate.
The fish is calling my name. Is this what they call croaker?

Yea
. That's croaker

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:20pm On May 05, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I see this sauce in grocery stores in Lagos and Abk. Kept wondering how it tastes.
Nice spaghetti

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 05, 2020
Biingoo:
my guy grin

Salutations bro
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 10:21pm On May 05, 2020
mariga:

Yea . That's croaker
Oh...cool!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 05, 2020
What’s up with the deleted posts na?? Weytin Dey happen for here? cheesy

I said it earlier that peace will elude this thread since donstan18 aka Nxtd18/nextd18 returned.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 10:27pm On May 05, 2020
Akposy:

I see this sauce in grocery stores in Lagos and Abk. Kept wondering how it tastes.
Nice spaghetti

Thanks cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Legitdimple(f): 10:45pm On May 05, 2020
Biingoo:
What's that yellow stuff?
Mangoes.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Biingoo: 11:53pm On May 05, 2020
mariga:

Salutations bro
After this lockdown I wan come owerri... Hope say you go host me? grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eddyline(m): 12:45am On May 06, 2020
[quote author=Akposy post=89225510]
Is that the name? Kindly translate

that's what the black looking berries are called in hausa literally meaning "bird's orange". growing up in jos, we used to comb through bushes in search of the plant and we were often rewarded with the sweet tasting fruit. if you are unlucky, you may get some bad ones with a sour taste

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Biingoo: 1:26am On May 06, 2020
Midnight hunger gat me like..... cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Collyno82(m): 3:49am On May 06, 2020
WetSmoke:
Short bread.
did u fried it with palm oil
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Collyno82(m): 3:54am On May 06, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Breakfast : Rice & Beans + Ponmo & smoked Titus sauce + egg.
did someone remain the stew for u?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:05am On May 06, 2020
Akposy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks....I will
It is passion and determination.... Muchas gracias de hermane cheesy
De nada smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 4:07am On May 06, 2020
Mariangeles:
Tapout, come have your favourite... grin
Fishes cooked in tomato sauce
Enjoy!
So inviting tongue

Is this Catfish?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 5:57am On May 06, 2020
BlueRayDick:

You sabi better thing.
I see you like dried prawns a lot.
I dont know if you do this already, but please fry your dried prawns first in oil (just for a few minutes) before using it in your sauce whenever you want to use it to cook stews and sauces again. Give me a feedback please, after trying this wink

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 6:08am On May 06, 2020
eyinjuege:

You sabi better thing.
I see you like dried prawns a lot.
I dont know if you do this already, but please fry your dried prawns first in oil (just for a few minutes) before using it in your sauce whenever you want to use it to cook stews and sauces again. Give me a feedback please, after trying this wink

Yes I like it very much. Funny enough after adding onions and ginger to the heated oil, the next thing I usually is the dried prawn to fry for few minutes before adding other ingridients.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 6:20am On May 06, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Just give me this with better soft Agege Bread tongue tongue

Yummy!!! and colourful kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BlueRayDick: 6:28am On May 06, 2020
Prestonn:

Just give me this with better soft Agege Bread tongue tongue

Yummy!!! and colourful kiss

Thanks boss.

Ah bread and spaghetti? How una dey take run am? I have a friend who eats his spag that way and I've always knocked him for being weird shocked

I guess that was my picky-eater side talking

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 7:04am On May 06, 2020
Akposy:

The taste is simply unique. It was savoury and the tomato and onions juice gave it a very very wonderful taste. It's a perfect bread for diabetics and people avoiding sweet tooth...even without sugar and butter, it tasted heavenly. It can be eaten as a snacks.

I can imagine. I admire your ingenuity, someday it would probably go beyond a hobby to some money-spinning venture. cheesy

Plead:
What’s up with the deleted posts na?? Weytin Dey happen for here? cheesy

I said it earlier that peace will elude this thread since donstan18 aka Nxtd18/nextd18 returned.

Pikin wey say im mama no go sleep, im sef no go sleep. This isn’t just about him, but other trolls in his league. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:09am On May 06, 2020
The bread is to sop up all the pasta juices. If you go to any Italian restaurant, they won’t serve you pasta without bread.
Because the pasta usually comes with extra marinara or Alfredo juices sitting at the bottom. Yum.

BlueRayDick:

Thanks boss.

Ah bread and spaghetti? How una dey take run am? I have a friend who eats his spag that way and I've always knocked him for being weird shocked

I guess that was my picky-eater side talking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by pocohantas(f): 7:18am On May 06, 2020
cococandy:
The bread is to sop up all the pasta juices. If you go to any Italian restaurant, they won’t serve you pasta without bread.
Because the pasta usually comes with extra marinara or Alfredo juices sitting at the bottom. Yum.

Some fine dining spots in Nigeria do that too. Obviously they are trying to give their customers that Italian feel. I found it strange sha.

BlueRayDick:

Thanks boss.Ah bread and spaghetti? How una dey take run am? I have a friend who eats his spag that way and I've always knocked him for being weird shocked I guess that was my picky-eater side talking

I once saw someone eating spag and oats. I was like shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) (2056) (2057) (2058) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.