Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5740742 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
I really need someone who can cook very well... this poisoning my cooking is dey kill me gradually
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Legitdimple(f): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
PrincewithGod:

Please. no vex, can you share the recipe? And what is the name please?
Honestly I don't know the name unfortunately my mum is late I would have asked her,she taught me most of the Igbo delicacies I know. Its specially made for rice alone.

INGREDIENTS:

Ugwu- 50n
Saint leaf- 50n
Curry leaf- 50n
Water leaf - 50n
Onions
Pepper
Okpeye- 50n
Egusi- half milk cup or milk cup(depends on how you want it)
Crayfish- 50n
Smoked fish(it gives me the required taste,you can use any fish but should not be fresh)
Meat( optional)
Seasoning cubes and salt.
RECIPE:

1.Pour your red oil in a hot pot,allow it to fry for a long time until its almost like groundnut oil(same way you fry oil for ayamase sauce) Be very careful as it will be very smokey...

2. Allow the oil to cool off then add the sliced onions and grounded egusi fry for like 5mins then add little water or meat stock if any.

3. Add your seasoning cubes,crayfish,smoked fish or meat,okpeye, pepper and salt to taste then stir.

4. Add the sliced water leaf first ,then the curry leaf,saint leaf and lastly the ugwu leaf. Allow it to steam a little then voila your soup is ready.

Note: You eat it with white rice( I've not tried it with any swallow I don't know how it will taste like)

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Legitdimple(f): 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
mariahAngel:

It looks similar to edikangikong.

Lovely.
Yeah,it does. Thank you.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Legitdimple(f): 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
Liposure:
this is lovely
Thanks a lot.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by TheWeightDoctor(m): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2020
What if I can tell you why your weight-loss journey is not going great?

What if I tell you that there is a particular kind of workout for someone above 120kg and someone below 90kg?

What if I told you that taking a certain Matcha green tea powder every day can apart from helping your metabolism.. curbing your hunger and Making your energy levels high.. It can also make you feel more lighter and more happier..

So many things I want to say about Matcha green tea powder ..

But you people are not ready for it yet...

contact 07068357282 for more
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
Legitdimple:
Oh my love for this Nsukka delicacy..

A mixture of ugwu leaf,saint leaf,curry leaf,water leaf and egusi. The taste is on another level and yes the palm oil was actually bleached.

Nsukka deeje kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
mariahAngel:

Welcome to the club. kiss

What took you so long? undecided
My Sister I don't know o cheesy
Oya manage this one for welcoming me kiss

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
Legitdimple:
Oh my love for this Nsukka delicacy..

A mixture of ugwu leaf,saint leaf,curry leaf,water leaf and egusi. The taste is on another level and yes the palm oil was actually bleached.

This looks nice, an nsukka friend does this... wayback, He even push it with swallow atimes.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
cutiereborn:

My Sister I don't know o cheesy
Oya manage this one for welcoming me kiss

Wow! I took a picture that looks almost the same as yours... cheesy

Thanks. kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2020
mariahAngel:

Pumpkin?
what do you call it in your native tongue... And av u tasted it before?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Munzy14:

what do you call it in your native tongue... And av u tasted it before?

I don't even know what it's called m'ofokwa iri ya undecided

What is it called in Igbo language?
Do they cook before eating it?
How does it taste?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 4:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
mariahAngel:

Have you tasted bacteria before? cheesy Is the taste of broccoli unpleasant?
yoghurt or similar probiotics...

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2020
Munzy14:

yoghurt or similar probiotics...

The bad guys always come to mind first cheesy

Thanks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
mariahAngel:

All the pictures look awesome.

Thanks my Queen kiss

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
Igbalaoluwa:

Mr Preston oooooo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Na someone husband be dis embarassed

cheesy cheesy

Don't worry, gonna cook for you whenever I touch your city.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Prestonn: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2020
cutiereborn:

I want some sad

You can have everything Mami wink

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
mariahAngel:

I don't even know what it's called m'ofokwa iri ya undecided

What is it called in Igbo language?
Do they cook before eating it?
How does it taste?
ugboguru fruit...

You cut to size and cook like white yam, and prepare palm oil sauce to enjoy.......or scoop the yellow soft part to add to yam pottage/porridge..cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2020
duchaB:

Hathor, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your food post the other day. It was swallow and soup..

I am confused. I no longer understand the type of person you are..

What kind of person did you think I was before you saw the picture the other day? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
angeltolly:
Indomie Noodles, fried egg and Plantain wink

Yummy! smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
cutiereborn:

This looks great wink

Thank you. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
mariahAngel:

The bad guys always come to mind first cheesy
Thanks.
True..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
Munzy14:

ugboguru fruit...

You cut to size and cook like white yam, and prepare palm oil sauce to enjoy.......or scoop the yellow soft part to add to yam pottage/porridge..cheesy

Wow!
Thank you.

I think I have a faint memory of it...maybe it's not popular in my place
Is it seasonal?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
mariahAngel:

Wow!
Thank you.

I think I have a faint memory of it...maybe it's not popular in my place
Is it seasonal?
yes it's seasonal, planted during planting season around march/april....harvested 5weeks after for the leaves, then around August /September for the fruits.

It is popular in the rural area..

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 6:09pm On Sep 30, 2020
Munzy14:

yes it's seasonal, planted during planting season around march/april....harvested 5weeks after for the leaves, then around August /September for the fruits.

It is popular in the rural area..

You know quite a lot...about village stuff
It's good.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Munzy14(m): 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2020
mariahAngel:

You know quite a lot...about village stuff It's good.
Yea momsy effect.. plus grandmas from both sides...

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by duchaB(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
Hathor5:

What kind of person did you think I was before you saw the picture the other day? cheesy

An extraterrestrial from planet Venus... Lol! grin

Okay. I always assumed you aren't Nigerian..
Or a Nigerian with little or no traditional upbringing, lost forever in diaspora..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Hathor5(f): 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
duchaB:

An extraterrestrial from planet Venus... Lol! grin

Okay. I always assumed you aren't Nigerian..
Or a Nigerian with little or no traditional upbringing, lost forever in diaspora..

LOL cheesy

I often cook Nigerian food and I have posted Nigerian food previous to the picture you have seen but I find it more interesting to post international food here because it is less known. I also like it when some people post food here I don't know. I love the inspiration that comes with it. smiley

Let's say I am a very open-minded Nigerian in diaspora. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by angeltolly(f): 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
cutiereborn:

I love, especially the soft plantains. I don't know how I became a fan of soft plantains, I just started liking it kiss

Soft Plantain is everything cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
1) Asian style Chicken fried rice, Lobster cake and side salad

2) stuffed peppers. Stuffed with cheddar, mozzarella, chopped radishes, chopped mushroom and diced chicken

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mariahAngel(f): 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
cococandy:

2) stuffed peppers. Stuffed with cheddar, mozzarella, chopped radishes, chopped mushroom and diced chicken

Beautiful! tongue

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Liposure: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
cococandy:

absolutely ravishing. Welldone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) ... (3477) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.