Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5754785 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 03, 2015
Plain pound Cake for the week, the kids are munching it fast. My first loves cake like Mummy smiley

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 2:38pm On May 03, 2015
smartmom:

Was wondering if the yam wasnt too much until I looked closer and saw how thin the slices are. Well done. I like the scrambled eggs and chicken drum sticks(grilled?). Will our princess finish her plate? Your own nko?

Lol!

It was actually too much. I've got lots of left overs. Thing is, they do love fried yams and it's been a while, so I was thinking today being Sunday and no early morning rush, they'll want a lot...but apparently not. Little madam didn't eat up all of hers either but no worries. Microwave dey. When they get hungry inbetween meals, they'll snack on them. Same as they did yesterday with the excess pancake. smiley

Oh, and I've been told by them on several occasions to cut the yams wafer / paper thin. embarassed Like seriously? sad sad

Re: my own... tongue I missed breakfast. Was working out. So I had my usual plain porridge tongue tongue with banana slices, some cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and an avocado. cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 2:38pm On May 03, 2015
MrsOJ:
Plain pound Cake for the week, the kids are munching it fast. My first loves cake like Mummy smiley

Nice one MrsOJ.

It's a plain sponge cake isn't it? smiley smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 03, 2015
Sunday stew efemenaxy,see the minimum oil sef
Very very healthy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 2:46pm On May 03, 2015
babyosisi:

Nice one, Osisi. You're getting there...baby steps. smiley

But Nne, what's hiding underneath the stew na? Huge chunks of cowleg? grin Good for the kids but not you. I'm trying to go meatless. I want you to come with me on my meatless journey. Less meat more green vegs...

#Team Say No To Beef!# cool cool cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

But Nne, what's hiding underneath the stew na? Huge chunks of cowleg? grin Good for the kids but not you. I'm trying to go meatless. I want you to come with me on my meatless journey.

I can do without bread but meat?
Kai
It has goat meat and chicken grin grin
I am planning to go to a farm soon and kill one goat and some fowls

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Nice one MrsOJ.

It's a plain sponge cake isn't it? smiley smiley

No, it's a pound cake cos of the ingredients and method.
Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 2:50pm On May 03, 2015
babyosisi:

I can do without bread but meat?
Kai
It has goat meat and chicken grin grin
I am planning to go to a farm soon and kill one goat and some fowls

grin grin

Lady, you are incorrigible!

Okay, if you must butcher something, spare the goat and go for the chickens. At least you'll have lean, white, meat. But don't forget to remove the skin before cooking it. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 03, 2015
Frying plantain grin

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 2:50pm On May 03, 2015
MrsOJ:

No, it's a pound cake cos of the ingredients and method.

Pound cake?

What's that? Never heard of it? What are the ingredients?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 03, 2015
Boogeying down to naija tunes while cooking
From my old boom box

" Jesus don better my life
Jesus don better my life

Pawa Pawa belongs to God
Anointing Pawa belongs to God

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 2:53pm On May 03, 2015
babyosisi:
Frying plantain grin

***Covers her eyes!***

My eyes oh! shocked shocked

Osisi, please don't eat that plantain! Kids, yes. You, no. At least roast yours like Bole, or do Chillisauce's method of spraying lightly with oil then oven grilling...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 2:53pm On May 03, 2015
babyosisi:
Boogeying down to naija tunes while cooking
From my old boom box

" Jesus don better my life
Jesus don better my life

You and I are sooooooooooooo old school! kiss

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You and I are sooooooooooooo old school! kiss

That was my daughter's birthday present in 4th grade years ago grin grin
When she moved on from it,I took it back grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Pound cake?

What's that? Never heard of it? What are the ingredients?

A pound cake is a cake rich in equall meaurement.
So i used
250g of margarine
250g of sugar (but i used 200g cos i want less sugar)
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla.

Method

Bring the ingredients at room temperature
Mix the butter and sugar with mixer till fluffy
Add in eggs and mix very well until it's smooth
Add your flour, baking powder and vanilla, mix until u have a smooth batter
Greese a 9 inch pan, pour batter and bake on 150 degree for 1 hr or more until ur cake is done by inserting a took pick.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 03, 2015
babyosisi:
Very very healthy

Nice one babyosisi.

smiley
we are getting there.
I hope you didn't fry the chicken. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Nice one babyosisi.

smiley
we are getting there.
I hope you didn't fry the chicken. tongue

The chicken wasn't fried
It was sautéed grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

But Nne, what's hiding underneath the stew na? Huge chunks of cowleg? grin Good for the kids but not you. I'm trying to go meatless. I want you to come with me on my meatless journey. Less meat more green vegs...

No way!
Still eat my cowleg, tohsoh, akwara grin, cow tail .
maybe next yr

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 3:12pm On May 03, 2015
MrsOJ:

A pound cake is a cake rich in equall meaurement.
So i used
250g of margarine
250g of sugar (but i used 200g cos i want less sugar)
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of vanilla.

Method

Bring the ingredients at room temperature
Mix the butter and sugar with mixer till fluffy
Add in eggs and mix very well until it's smooth
Add your flour, baking powder and vanilla, mix until u have a smooth batter
Greese a 9 inch pan, pour batter and bake on 150 degree for 1 hr or more until ur cake is done by inserting a took pick.

Mmmm....that sounds...awesome. Sort of reminds me of my childhood and mumsie baking her sponge cakes. smiley

Question though: Why the need for baking powder? Doesn't it give the batter mix an acidic taste, sort of? As I type this, I'm thinking of my baking powder in the kitchen cupboard which I used just once and never went back to it...

Oh, and your baking flour. Is it the plain one or the self-raising one used for cakes and scones? (I'm guessing it's the latter?)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 3:14pm On May 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

No way!
maybe next yr

grin grin grin

Ain't you supposed to be supporting a sister here? Eh? cheesy cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 03, 2015
babyosisi:

The chicken wasn't fried
It was sautéed grin grin

I don't trust you. Why didn't you sauteed the plantain grin

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

Ain't you supposed to be supporting a sister here? Eh? cheesy cheesy

We are still crawling and you want us to ride a bike grin
e no dey work like that.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Mmmm....that sounds...awesome. Sort of reminds me of my childhood and mumsie baking her sponge cakes. smiley

Question though: Why the need for baking powder? Doesn't it give the batter mix an acidic taste, sort of? As I type this, I'm thinking of my baking powder in the kitchen cupboard which I used just once and never went back to it...

Oh, and your baking flour. Is it the plain one or the self-raising one used for cakes and scones? (I'm guessing it's the latter?)

Lol my bad, i used normal flour which is All purpose flour, if you have self raising flour then no need for baking powder. I prefer baking powder than baking soda cos of the acidic taste, most people mix them together but I use jux baking powder.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

No way!
maybe next yr
grin grin grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by EfemenaXY: 3:44pm On May 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

I don't trust you. Why didn't you sauteed the plantain grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chillisauce:

We are still crawling and you want us to ride a bike grin
e no dey work like that.

grin grin grin

Me too still dey crawl follow una. The only person I know of who's walking is Edwife. And for the one who's already running, that must be Babe3. cool cool
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by waistbead: 4:24pm On May 03, 2015
Ekpang Nkukwo........Yummyyyyy!!!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by spankyflex(m): 4:57pm On May 03, 2015
waistbead:
Ekpang Nkukwo........Yummyyyyy!!!
wow my favorite, waistbead I need some.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 8:19pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sunnshyn(f): 10:16pm On May 03, 2015
I'm always sitting on the side walks and reading this thread...great cooks here!!

I really appreciate EfemenaXY alot!! Kai!! Lots of kids and she takes her time to cook good, healthy, delicious-looking meals for her kids each day....Your kids must be so proud of you...just like I am. Same with Babyosisi...well done.

All4naija, you are neither married, a chef nor even a mom. You ask your questions especially those directed at EfemenaXY as though you are attacking her. You have apologized, yes, but I still see you doing that to some other people...

You come across like a very difficult and insensitive person...(I mean this in a nice way)..

*Goes back to sitting on my side-walk*

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 03, 2015
sunnshyn:
I'm always sitting on the side walks and reading this thread...great cooks here!!

I really appreciate EfemenaXY alot!! Kai!! Lots of kids and she takes her time to cook good, healthy, delicious-looking meals for her kids each day....Your kids must be so proud of you...just like I am. Same with Babyosisi...well done.

All4naija, you are neither married, a chef nor even a mom. You ask your questions especially those directed at EfemenaXY as though you are attacking her. You have apologized, yes, but I still see you doing that to some other people...

You come across like a very difficult and insensitive person...(I mean this in a nice way)..

*Goes back to sitting on my side-walk*
How can I be a mom when I am not female? Jeez!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 03, 2015

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2372155_img20150503124254_jpeg7db5b5618407d073f5aa459e1f3818bb
Funny cake!Next time learn how to dress it properly. If I were your visitor and you served me that I won't eat it.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 12:17am On May 04, 2015
all4naija:
Funny cake!Next time learn how to dress it properly. If I were your visitor and you served me that I won't eat it.

Definitely, you are just trolling

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (3478) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.