Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (2808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5756594 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2805) (2806) (2807) (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lkillbrokehoes: 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2021
Rinahskitchen:

tongue
Lol we go fight oh.. angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fifi2017: 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
Timekeeper:

Your location pls

Smile' grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Fifi2017: 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
LordReed:

Nice! I am sure it tastes as good as it looks.

Yeah sure grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2021
armyofone:
Corn bread and collard greens.

Yes babe . Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2021
armyofone:

Yes o . This combination is always a hit.
Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Gloriagee(f): 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2021
Dis your pidgin is definitely in pre school mode. Don't come for me pleeeassee, I'm on flight mode.

Kobojunkiee:
Why make for staff? Dem no fit go make it for their own self? Why must they eat from what is the students? undecided

Teachers wey suppose to dey give students, na to take from students dem they do instead. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Cousin9999: 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
armyofone:

Put some good quality cheddar on the cornbread. It won't disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Labadi69: 7:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
armyofone:

Comot this internet picture now before yamayama fall on that your bald head angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
LordReed:

Please tips on marinating. I will be doing chicken, ram meat, sausages and beef patties.
I wish I could send a voice note...too weak to type.

For marinating:
Wash your protein (meat) in vinegar water or salted water to remove any yamayama
Allow to dry a bit or pat dry with a paper towel

The next steps depend on you...I ain't a barbecue chef nor expert in grilling.

You may decide to put your meat in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice in them. The juice helps to tenderize the meat; ensuring your spices get absorbed into the meat
Now....add whatever spices you want (black pepper, blended habanero and onions, curry, thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano, salt, a bit of butter, soy sauce, seasoning, spirit (vodka or whiskey....this is not necessary though).
Work in the spices into the meat with your clean hands.
Allow to sit on the counter or in your refrigerator for 3 - 10 hours, as the case may be.

You can then grill, airfry or steam.

You might decide to keep it simple by using just pepper, salt and seasoning. Sometimes, I crazily squeeze in orange or pineapple juice. Sometimes when it is almost ready, I glaze with honey mixed with pineapple juice. Just do you or do crazy grin.

It's your kitchen, experiment and do crazy things till you satisfy your taste buds or that of your consumers.

Regards

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
Miracood2:
I want to carry out a practical on home economics with my students on preparation of snacks

I plan on making 11 egg rolls, and 25 moderately sized buns.

The students are 11 and the egg rolls are for some staffs.

Will the quantity be enough?
And how much will it cost?

I need your replies.
I'm angry. May God not let others eat the fruit of our labour. The staff should share 5 buns abeg angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chopchopfine: 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2021
Coconut rice

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Chopchopfine: 7:35pm On Nov 26, 2021
���

18 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by novia22(f): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2021
My Ofe Owerri...
This is actually my first time posting a meal here. I made a small video after making the soup and forgot to take a picture so I jejely took a screen shot....pls bear with me
Enjoy...

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iamyemiakins(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
Chopchopfine:
Coconut rice
Ìrẹ́sì alagbọn grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
Akposy:

For marinating:
Wash your protein (meat) in vinegar water or salted water to remove any yamayama

You may decide to put your meat in a bowl and squeeze lemon juice in them. The juice helps to tenderize the meat; ensuring your spices get absorbed into the meat
Now....add whatever spices you want (black pepper, blended habanero and onions, curry, thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano, salt, a bit of butter, soy sauce, seasoning, spirit (vodka or whiskey....this is not necessary though).
Work in the spices into the meat with your clean hands.
Allow to sit on the counter or in your refrigerator for 3 - 10 hours, as the case may be.

You can then grill, airfry or steam.

You might decide to keep it simple by using just pepper, salt and seasoning. Sometimes, I crazily squeeze in orange or pineapple juice. Sometimes when it is almost ready, I glaze with honey mixed with pineapple juice. Just do you or do crazy grin.

It's your kitchen, experiment and do crazy things till you satisfy your taste buds or that of your consumers.

Regards

Thanks Chef A! I let you know how it turns out. Doing my first barbecue tomorrow.

CC: Munzy14

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2021
Huh? undecided ?

Labadi69:

Comot this internet picture now before yamayama fall on that your bald head angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
Labadi69:

dem give u run for ashawô thread abi grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
Cousin9999:

Put some good quality cheddar on the cornbread. It won't disappoint.

Thank you! grin

Will try it with the left over corn bread.

Corn bread is one Africa American meal i love.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
cococandy:

Yes o . This combination is always a hit.
Thanks for sharing

Thanks dear! It was just, wow grin

I love both! Used smoked turkey neck. The aroma eh cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nlanalyst:

I don't have money for bike but I'm coming right away sir.

Waited for you na cheesy

I so loved that red road - looking at it took me back to visiting my grandparents.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 9:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
cococandy:

Yes babe . Thanks for sharing

Thanks babe cheesy!!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Nov 26, 2021
Akposy:

For marinating:

Why wash meat in vinegar abeg? Where you get that your idea from? lipsrsealed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by marischerry(f): 6:56am On Nov 27, 2021
Halcyon123:
Butter pie,found the recipe online and I just had to try it and I love it. Great for snacking tongue
Please can you share the recipe. Thanks.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Halcyon123(f): 9:06am On Nov 27, 2021
marischerry:

Please can you share the recipe. Thanks.
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
I cleanse/wash meat first too, before cooking, although I don't use vinegar for mine. Unless I'm eating out, it's something I do before cooking meat. Caribbeans are notorious for this as well. It's just an added step some people like to take before cooking and eating meat.
It is commonsense to wash any food before cooking. Just that washing in vinegar sounds like overkill. undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is commonsense to wash any food before cooking. Just that washing in vinegar sounds like overkill. undecided
It's not your business.

15 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
LordReed:

Thanks Chef A! I let you know how it turns out. Doing my first barbecue tomorrow.

CC: Mun.zy14
How was it
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 6:42pm On Nov 27, 2021
Food picture at last.
Chicken pies, cinnamon rolls, creamy doughnuts and suya chicken.

Good evening

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
It's not your business.
I didn't state that it is my business... if you had paid attention, you would have reasoned instead that I had asked why. undecided

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by garriAndsugar: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
Akposy:
Food picture at last.
Chicken pies, cinnamon rolls, creamy doughnuts and suya chicken.

Good evening
Wow..
I'm already salivating.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LordReed(m): 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Akposy:

How was it

Not too shabby. Learnt from my mistakes. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2805) (2806) (2807) (2808) (2809) (2810) (2811) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: missidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.