Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5746956 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (3477) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
kiwi5:
Fried Quinoa
What is that ma? Which country owns dis food....... Looks appetizing
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kiwi5: 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
Akposy:

What is that ma? Which country owns dis food....... Looks appetizing
From South America
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Olarewajub: 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Salivating...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mitchelle1989(f): 11:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
Kimoni:

Thumbs up! That's the whole idea

You can check out the healthy food thread too, it's also very inspiring

At least, it inspires me a lot
pls I need the link to the healthy food tread, I want to be inspired too
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mitchelle1989(f): 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
Pls who knows a very good catering school in Abuja? I want to follow you people to be cooking and posting here grin . Note: I sabi cook our normal food very well but I need to be more professional if you get wat I mean. Thanks people as I wait your response.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 1:16am On Jul 10, 2015
mitchelle1989:
pls I need the link to the healthy food tread, I want to be inspired too

https://www.nairaland.com/2232659/paste-pics-healthy-meal-here
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by femiranking28(m): 7:57am On Jul 10, 2015
spykid014:
Brunch yesterday.
My first try at gizdodo. Very yummy!
Some people eat it alone, but I had to add white rice to use it as a sauce and to balance the taste as the gizdodo alone was tooooooo sweet. Bliss!!! #Foodie #Foodgang lol
how did you make that gizdodo
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mitchelle1989(f): 9:42am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2015
Last night's dinner and breakfast of Sharp sharp fried rice breakfast .

I don reduce o. i only eat once a day with fruits so i decided to make a sharp sharp fried rice and fish because I don't know if I will enter my house today o. sad

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mitchelle1989(f): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
I just made this. Egusi soup, goat meat and bitterleaf

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aydelicious: 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
The short version... boil water and remove from heat. Put noodles in water for a few minutes. Drain the water. Mix the flavours. Set aside. Heat oil. Saute onions. Add noodles. Cook for a few minutes. Them add mixed eggs. Don't stir the noodles until the eggs set. Once they are set stir and done.
Nice recipe.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by girlieTberry: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
Goat meat pepper soup,yam and oil to garnish. #Urhobowife.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by saiprojects(f): 10:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2015
Jollof rice
Teriyaki chicken
Salad.

5 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chineloSA(f): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2015
cococandy:
Jollof rice
Teriyaki chicken
Salad.

Looks good. Teriyaki chicken, is it Cantonese type of chicken recipe? Please share the recipe dear. smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2015
chineloSA:

Looks good. Teriyaki chicken, is it Cantonese type of chicken recipe? Please share the recipe dear. smiley

I saw it on food network. It doesn't say anything about being Cantonese.

I used 2pounds chicken breasts.
Cut into little pieces and marinate in your favorite marinade for 10-16hrs in your refrigerator. I blended ginger, onions, Maggi, salt and pepper into the marinade. I just left it over night.
When you're ready to cook, pick them out of the marinade and deep fry until well cooked and brown on the outside. It should be crisp.

Mix a spoonful of honey, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/4cup vinegar,and1spoonful brown sugar dissolved in a little water. Heat all in a sauce pan and allow to boil until it starts getting a little thick. I added a teaspoonful of flour to help the thickening process (I can be impatient sometimes when cooking cheesy)

Then stir in your fried chicken until each piece is thoroughly covered. Lower the heat and leave for another 3mins. You can leave for longer if you want it really sticky.

Ready to serve.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aydelicious: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
yme1:
feel free to take and post pictures of your cooking too
if I (or anyone else) likes it, be generous enough to share the recipe grin
this is the stew I just cook now and what do you think about it?

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
Blueberry loaf, No sugar batter but brown sugar crumble topping, yumm0.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chineloSA(f): 11:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
cococandy:

Cut into little pieces and marinate in your favorite marinade for 10-16hrs in your refrigerator. I blended ginger, onions, Maggi, salt and pepper into the marinade. I just left it over night.
When you're ready to cook, pick them out of the marinade and deep fry until well cooked and brown on the outside. It should be crisp.

Mix a spoonful of honey, 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/4cup vinegar,and1spoonful brown sugar dissolved in a little water. Heat all in a sauce pan and allow to boil until it starts getting a little thick. I added a teaspoonful of flour to help the thickening process (I can be impatient sometimes when cooking cheesy)

Then stir in your fried chicken until each piece is thoroughly covered. Lower the heat and leave for another 3mins. You can leave for longer if you want it really sticky.

Ready to serve.

Thanks so much wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by aydelicious: 10:39am On Jul 14, 2015
yme1:
Ogbono soup (I swear it taste even nicer than it looks grin) kiss kiss
I also have stew to mixt with this Ogbono.And this is it.......

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by touchmeder: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
cococandy:

Ready to serve.

Copy and paste recipe too. I want sticky chicken. Now where do we find Teriyaki sauce here? (scratches head) I go vex use oyster sauce if i nor see am oh. cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
touchmeder:

Copy and paste recipe too. I want sticky chicken. Now where do we find Teriyaki sauce here? (scratches head) I go vex use oyster sauce if i nor see am oh. cheesy

Here's a link.
You can see different variations and choose what style you like best.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/teriyaki-chicken-recipes.html

I guess you could find them in a shoprite or a similar store near you. I used to rely on shoprite sometimes for stuff I couldn't get easily around me. But when I'm not around any shoprite, I check the super marts I can find.

You never know.
Oyster sauce will give you a different taste but then it's not teriyaki chicken anymore.
Maybe oyster-sauce chicken cheesy
That's probably a recipe of it's own

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ewuro4:
Blueberry loaf, No sugar batter but brown sugar crumble topping, yumm0.

angry angry angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
naijababe:

angry angry angry

Wetin Na? grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by oblo(m): 5:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Any one wanna join me in some bush meat peper soup? grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:33am On Jul 16, 2015
Biko, what animal is that?
oblo:

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by oblo(m): 5:51am On Jul 16, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Biko, what animal is that?

I think its called monitor lizard undecided
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:13am On Jul 16, 2015
Interesting, I'll like to try it.

A little research I just did tells me the liver and the tongue can be an aphrodisiac when eaten.
Good talk.
oblo:

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
oblo:

who made? What did it taste like?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mizshawny(f): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dodo and eggs

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
mizshawny:
Dodo and eggs
yummy.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
oblo:

shocked shocked shocked looks like snake to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (3477) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.