Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (3011) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5761025 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3008) (3009) (3010) (3011) (3012) (3013) (3014) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2022
I like the northern brown pap made only from sorghum cool

horhizah:
Been following this thread for over three years now and never posted. This morning I tried my baby's food (Tom/Turn brown) with beans porridge and thought I should share pictures with the people who have been the cause of my salivation for years now.

I made the Tombrown powder myself and it contains Sorghum, Maize, Soyabeans, groundnut and dates fruit. It is the elder brother of pap grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by favelli(m): 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2022
horhizah:
Been following this thread for over three years now and never posted. This morning I tried my baby's food (Tom/Turn brown) with beans porridge and thought I should share pictures with the people who have been the cause of my salivation for years now.

I made the Tombrown powder myself and it contains Sorghum, Maize, Soyabeans, groundnut and dates fruit. It is the elder brother of pap grin

Hey there good evening. Please do you mind giving a detailed explanation of how you made it with all those ingredients you listed? Thanks, heard a friend of mine always talking about tombrown. Always thought he was referring to kunu-tsamiyar
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by favelli(m): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
HelenBee:
Spagherri

Yummm, but this your stew(sauce) looks very pepperish ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
No name for this my concoction breakfast, but it has a bunch of fruits, nuts, and seeds.
The creamy paste is blended mango, kiwi, and banana with some greek yogurt

Hi descarado, wetin you cook?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
loveymom:
No name for this my concoction breakfast, but it has a bunch of fruits, nuts, and seeds.

I'll call it fruit porridge then. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
Mariangeles:

I'll call it fruit porridge then. cheesy

That will work, hope you are staying safe?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
loveymom:

That will work, hope you are staying safe?

I am. Thank you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
loveymom:

Let's kuku add heavy cream and cream cheese plus sour cream on it to make it extra creamy.

Nice color!
Something to soften the belly.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by LoveofGod2much: 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
Grilled Fish, tongue tongue tongue come chop

37 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2022
armyofone:

Let's kuku add heavy cream and cream cheese plus sour cream on it to make it extra creamy.

Nice color!
Something to soften the belly.

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy,

As I am getting older, my stomach is no longer friendly. I am now more mindful of what I eat and when I eat.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
The jollof rice&spag sweet me sote it was hard for me to remain for my dog..cheesy cheesy

Every bite was worth it!

28 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2022
loveymom:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy,

As I am getting older, my stomach is no longer friendly. I am now more mindful of what I eat and when I eat.

You are lucky it is as you grew older - my stomach never agrees with very many foods.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2022
loveymom:

It looks like curry . Yum

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by horhizah(f): 9:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
favelli:

Hey there good evening. Please do you mind giving a detailed explanation of how you made it with all those ingredients you listed? Thanks, heard a friend of mine always talking about tombrown. Always thought he was referring to kunu-tsamiyar

I'll give details based on kg, you can use whatever measurement you want applying the same calculation.

Ingredients
500g maize
500g sorghum/guinea corn
500g soya beans
200g groundnut
Clean and Very dry Dates fruit as preferred or it can be omitted entirely.

Method
1.Pick out all the dirt from the grains and nuts and set them aside.

2.open your dates fruit, take out the seeds and 'cobwebs' grin

3.in a clean dry pot, fry your dirt free grains (maize and sorghum) until they turn light brown and start popping.

4. Fry your groundnut for about 3 minutes on low heat.

5. Fry your soya beans till the shell starts to come off.

6.when the soyabeans cools, pound to remove the chaff or take it to a mill for them to break the beans.

7. Sift the soyabeans till it's chaff free.

8. Mix all your grains and nuts together and take them to a dry mill to be grinded to smooth powder. I was lucky enough to get a very good place where they have a separate engine for 'baby food'.

N.B - I used a cloth sieve to for the power to get an extremely smooth consistency. You can omit this step anyway.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by favelli(m): 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
horhizah:

I'll give details based on kg, you can use whatever measurement you want applying the same calculation.

Ingredients
500g maize
500g sorghum/guinea corn
500g soya beans
200g groundnut
Clean and Very dry Dates fruit as preferred or it can be omitted entirely.

Method
1.Pick out all the dirt from the grains and nuts and set them aside.

2.open your dates fruit, take out the seeds and 'cobwebs' grin

3.in a clean dry pot, fry your dirt free grains (maize and sorghum) until they turn light brown and start popping.

4. Fry your groundnut for about 3 minutes on low heat.

5. Fry your soya beans till the shell starts to come off.

6.when the soyabeans cools, pound to remove the chaff or take it to a mill for them to break the beans.

7. Sift the soyabeans till it's chaff free.

8. Mix all your grains and nuts together and take them to a dry mill to be grinded to smooth powder. I was lucky enough to get a very good place where they have a separate engine for 'baby food'.

N.B - I used a cloth sieve to for the power to get an extremely smooth consistency. You can omit this step anyway.

Wow, thanks very much for the detailed explanation. Although it does seem long but I guess it's worth it. Would give it a short hopefully soon.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 09, 2022
cococandy:

It looks like curry . Yum

Thanks, it was yum.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jun 09, 2022
armyofone:

You are lucky it is as you grew older - my stomach never agrees with very many foods.

Wow, that must be hard for you. Seeing and salivating on foods that you can't eat. embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by armyofone(m): 1:50am On Jun 10, 2022
loveymom:

Wow, that must be hard for you. Seeing and salivating on foods that you can't eat. embarassed

It is - I do go ahead and eat sometimes and pay the price. I have a very sensitive stomach that gets easily upset.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 3:54am On Jun 10, 2022
Yam, my ❤️

33 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kenfil(f): 3:55am On Jun 10, 2022
Something light

34 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GboyegaD(m): 5:52am On Jun 10, 2022
Dinner:

Beans and plantain.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by descarado: 7:37am On Jun 10, 2022
loveymom:

Nne I love this breadfruit kiss kiss kiss
Gosh, it is well undecided

But wait o, this is really concoction cheesy
Sweet, isn't it?

As for me and cooking, these days, I eat anything I see.
Your sister don't even have time to go and do her hair grin

Cooking takes time, that time is essential commodity these days cheesy
We will survive kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Unpopular but personal opinion: I think Banga soup is overrated . I’ve had it different times at different places , prepared by different people and I still can’t get around the hype . I’ve had it with rice , with Eba and yet I just find it to be basic ; I don’t rate it higher than normal stew sef.

Recently I’ve grown fond of Afang soup and o’boi that’s one good soup when taken with pounded yam and cold water , u will forget the problems of this world for hours.
Lol.....Banga soup is always a banger! Who prepped the ones you ate? An indigenous Deltan or......? What protein was used? Note, Ofe akwu is not our Delta Banga o. We use our native spices (obenetete, obrunbebe stick, ataiko and the likes) to prep Banga soup. Most Banga soups prepare in the city don't use these spices making it Ofe Akwu and not Banga soup

sulips:
So i’m celebrating page 3000. First time posting here. 1st pic Banga Soup and starch [left][/left] 2nd pic Vegetable noodles [img][/img]
Cravings

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 11:31am On Jun 10, 2022
descarado:

They are costly because of exchange

In naija, there is this pots that sisi yemi use. Have forgotten the name but it's the preferred dutch oven those lekki people use. Produced in South Africa.
(That woman made money but the usual naija show-off happened. She invested in le creuseut and co later but I don't know who she was trying to impress when ordinary Nigerians who watch her show don't care about those kind of things. Stopped watching her when the show off became too much. She later confessed she saved nothing)

In all I still believe that the best pot to invest in is quality stainless aluminium pots. Even wok. Easier to wash, use as you want. Doesnt demand for seperate utensils when cooking. And yeah the most expensive from well known companies if one want to go for them but whether expensive or cheap, still the best
Have you watched the video of "Pot of flavour" on YouTube? She did a market video on sales/purchase of fairly used kitchen utensils at Alaba market. Mehn, these overhyped pots are super super cheap in that market! I wish I was in Lagos, I'd have bought enough kitchen utensils for myself
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 1:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
Akposy:

Have you watched the video of "Pot of flavour" on YouTube? She did a market video on sales/purchase of fairly used kitchen utensils at Alaba market. Mehn, these overhyped pots are super super cheap in that market! I wish I was in Lagos, I'd have bought enough kitchen utensils for myself

You follow @potofflavours too? I love her.

I had to go check out the YouTube video, and mehn! did she give out dangerous information. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
descarado:

Nne I love this breadfruit kiss kiss kiss
Gosh, it is well undecided

But wait o, this is really concoction cheesy
Sweet, isn't it?

As for me and cooking, these days, I eat anything I see.
Your sister don't even have time to go and do her hair grin

Cooking takes time, that time is essential commodity these days cheesy
We will survive kiss kiss

Yes, it is sweet. I know some days are like that. But gather strength and cook. Homemade meals are the best. The Lord is our strength. Enjoy your weekend. kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2022
armyofone:

It is - I do go ahead and eat sometimes and pay the price. I have a very sensitive stomach that gets easily upset.

embarassed embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Atllanta: 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
just rice

34 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by HelenBee(f): 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
favelli:

Yummm, but this your stew(sauce) looks very pepperish ooo
Hehehe,yes it is.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by emperorz(m): 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2022
Brunch kiss

25 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
Mariangeles:

You follow @potofflavours too? I love her.

I had to go check out the YouTube video, and mehn! did she give out dangerous information. cheesy
Yes! She is very good. I've known her for a long time

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Akposy(m): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2022
Fruit cakes and red velvet cookies

64 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3008) (3009) (3010) (3011) (3012) (3013) (3014) ... (3479) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.