Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,940 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5758462 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (3479) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2015
FriedPlantain:
We are called Foodlanders and not food nairalanders, what a crappy name. angry

About your question on zobo, I think Cococandy would be in a best position to give you an answer. Heard she was selling Zobo and Kunu back then in Lagos before she move go Yankee. grin

Onye ara grin

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2015
Marvellousgod just make the quantity you can consume within 7 days. To avoid stories that touch.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
FriedPlantain:
We are called Foodlanders and not food nairalanders, what a crappy name. angry

About your question on zobo, I think Cococandy would be in a best position to give you an answer. Heard she was selling Zobo and Kunu back then in Lagos before she move go Yankee. grin

grin grin grin grin.. You eehhh grin grin angry

cococandy:
Marvellousgod just make the quantity you can consume within 7 days. To avoid stories that touch.
Yeah, Thank you smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tatacherie: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
Gudevning all.pls can anyone put me tru d ripe plantain moimoi recipe.I want to know if I can use d usual beans instead of corn or unripe plantain flour and add d ripe plantain while blending.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GHoJes: 8:27am On Aug 29, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Chai see how I take dey salivate for here like donkey, I'm sure the food would taste just a good as it looks. Tchidi is really really a good cooker. grin
It is called cook not cooker. What a "cookpy" name, lolz.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by GHoJes: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Hello food nairalanders,

How long can I store zobo drink in my fridge? Heard it doesn't taste good after about 7 days, how true please?

Thanks. ...
You can store up to a month in the freezer and possibly more given the right conditions. The taste doesnt go bad par say, it ferments, giving it a wine like taste; that's how many wine are produced. It is the psychological zobo taste expectation people dont get after 7days that makes them conclude its bad. I know some people who will prefare to leave it for days in order to have that old wine taste.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 29, 2015
GHoJes:

It is called cook not cooker. What a "cookpy" name, lolz.
A cook is someone that cooks good food while a cooker is someone with that special skills and expertise in making delicious meals. Tchidi is really good cooker, you can see she sef cannot deny it. grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 29, 2015
FriedPlantain:
A cook is someone that cooks good food while a cooker is someone with that special skills and expertise in making delicious meals. Tchidi is really good cooker, you can see she sef cannot deny it. grin

Who be cooker?? angry angry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugarcoconut(f): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
Breakfast served grin

Lunch loading...

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
GHoJes:

You can store up to a month in the freezer and possibly more given the right conditions. The taste doesnt go bad par say, it ferments, giving it a wine like taste; that's how many wine are produced. It is the psychological zobo taste expectation people dont get after 7days that makes them conclude its bad. I know some people who will prefare to leave it for days in order to have that old wine taste.
Ooohh, good to know... Thanks dear... I will leave some portion for more than 7days and see how it goes...

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2015
Chai bat3 low. Coming back to post my bangs soup, corn pudding and fresh crayfish/periwinkle pepper soup.

Cc kimoni
Cococandy
Tchidi
Akposy and everybody.

I don miss posting o. smiley

Aunty babyosisi, veave and Evina I miss una o. sad

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Kimoni: 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
Herz - kiss

You good, right?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2015
Kimoni:
Herz - kiss

You good, right?
Yes dear I am.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugarcoconut(f): 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
Chinese beef sauce wit basmati rice.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
It is all about me and my eba tonight. grin Ewuro04, food don done o

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
Okay I'm back....Elcapito....

Breakfast- corn pudding.

Lunch- Banga soup with snail and goat meat eaten with fufu.......(our lunch)

Dunno where popcy got his fresh crayfish and periwinkle, I sha made it for him as he requested. Funny I no taste am because of my hatred for fresh crayfish and periwinkle.....funny how my siblings loved it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
I love corn pudding.

Agidi grin
Herzumpther:
Okay I'm back....Elcapito....

Breakfast- corn pudding.

Lunch- Banga soup with snail and goat meat eaten with fufu.......(our lunch)

Dunno where popcy got his fresh crayfish and periwinkle, I sha made it for him as he requested. Funny I no taste am because of my hatred for fresh crayfish and periwinkle.....funny how my siblings loved it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
cococandy:
I love corn pudding.

Agidi grin
I do too. smiley

Good evening ma'am.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
Herzumpther:
I do too. smiley

Good evening ma'am.
Evening hunie smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2015
naijababe:
It is all about me and my eba tonight. grin Ewuro04, food don done o
Are those cockroaches I'm seeing in your soup? shocked Chai!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2798355_imag0125_jpeg522800cb8675e198875a72eaf3c3dbe7

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2015
AgapeCharis:
embarassed embarassed
Why dear?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2015
Herzumpther:
Why dear?
That picture.... embarassed

I never chop for the past 5 days. sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2015
AgapeCharis:
That picture.... embarassed

I never chop for the past 5 days. sad
5 days? Eyah Lol.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
Herzumpther:
5 days? Eyah Lol.
Abeg you fit prepare like that food again send am through God is good come my side? sad
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Abeg you fit prepare like that food again send am through God is good come my side? sad
Hehehe. Okay I will.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cutiereborn(f): 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2015
sugarcoconut:
Looks really yummy!
Step by step methos for the chinese beef sauce please.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by naija2(f): 7:27am On Aug 31, 2015
sugarcoconut:
. I don't think that is basmati rice. Basmati rice have longer grains Dan the normal rice. But pls give a step by step cooking of the Chinese source. Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugarcoconut(f): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
cutiereborn:

Looks really yummy!
Step by step methos for the chinese beef sauce please.

Ingredients:

Beef
Soy sauce
Beef stock (used the one I had in d fridge)
Veg oil
White wine (1 tablespoon)
Curry
Thyme
Habenoro pepper (Atarodo)
White pepper
Seasoning cube
All purpose spice
Garlic/ginger
Corn flour
Onion
Green pepper (cut into thin strips)
Carrot.(Cut into thin strips)

Method.
I cut the beef into strips and seasoned with garlic,(u know chinese and garlic) ginger,  seasoning cube, curry, thyme, white pepper and about 2 tablespoon of corn flour and left it to marinade for 20mins.

After 20mins, i proceeded to fry the meat until golden brown and set aside.

In a clean non stick pan, i added veg oil and sautéed onion, garlic and ginger until the onion turned translucent, i added the white wine and then introduced my beef, stock and pepper and left to boil so the meat could get tender. At this point,  I kept checking the meat and adding water/stock/seasoning till It became tender as i wanted.

I then added the soy sauce and seasoned further with my all seasoning spice and allowed to simmer before adding d carrot and green pepper. I turned off d heat immediately and allowed the residual heat to cook the veggies.

NB: it's best to fry the meat in small batches to avoid it clumping together.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Are those cockroaches I'm seeing in your soup? shocked Chai!

Mussels sweetheart wink

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugarcoconut(f): 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2015
naija2:
. I don't think that is basmati rice. Basmati rice have longer grains Dan the normal rice. But pls give a step by step cooking of the Chinese source. Thanks

Ma dear when I think chinese I think basmati or Jasmine cos they give it the complete taste of chinese. It couldn't hv been any other rice.

Have put down the recipe and also pics of both normal and basmati in their raw form. Tnks

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (3479) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: IVORY2009(m), radautoworks, discovery007 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.