Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,914 members, 7,838,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5795017 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (3484) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugah: 10:35pm On May 01, 2016
Onegai:
Used my bamboo steamer

Steamed Croaker fish with ginger and green onions, served with rice and Chinese sweet and sour veggie sauce.

We have same plates wink
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 1:20am On May 02, 2016
Onegai:
Used my bamboo steamer

Steamed Croaker fish with ginger and green onions, served with rice and Chinese sweet and sour veggie sauce.
i think I need to get me one of those. So many recipes that need that steamer and I just don't make them because I don't have it. Like those tummy steamed buns/
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 4:08am On May 02, 2016
Onegai:
Used my bamboo steamer

Nice. Out of curiosity, did you season the fish or just plain?

Lastmumu, which kain dodo be that one na grin

Mrs0J how una dey for your side kiss

Edwife kudu nne grin

Cococandy, most pot sets have steamers now.

Best for carrots, asparagus & efo greens without losing their nutrients. stopped boiling greens now. Steaming is the way to go.

Fresh Tilapia peppersoup , very spicy too

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:14am On May 02, 2016
yea but I just like that bamboo steamer. it looks more earthy.

i do a have steamer in my rice cooker. I guess I should try that one first before complaining about the one that I don't have.
Ewuro4:

Edwife kudu nne grin

Best for carrots, asparagus & efo greens without losing their nutrients. stopped boiling greens now. Steaming is the way to go.

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 4:42am On May 02, 2016
cococandy:
yea but I just like that bamboo steamer. it looks more earthy.

i do a have steamer in my rice cooker. I guess I should try that one first before complaining about the one that I don't have.

True it does look earthy and fancy too but Try the rice cooker one first lol not much different imo.

Least I forget, Congratulations on your new addition. She will be an everlasting joy to her entire family.
Hope you're looking forward to Macy's 2016 holiday dresses? those head bands with gigantic bows gosh they're too cute on baby girls.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 4:47am On May 02, 2016
Egusi stew with stock fish, crayfish & smoked turkey served on Coconut rice, with dodo.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by iomoge2(f): 5:05am On May 02, 2016
Ewuro4:
Egusi stew with stock fish, crayfish & smoked turkey served on Coconut rice, with dodo.
Hain!!!
See Combo.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 5:06am On May 02, 2016
Ewuro4:

True it does look earthy and fancy too but Try the rice cooker one first lol not much different imo.

Least I forget, Congratulations on your new addition. She will be an everlasting joy to her entire family.
Hope you're looking forward to Macy's 2016 holiday dresses? those head bands with gigantic bows gosh they're too cute on baby girls.

Amen and amen. Same to you and yours.

I'll check it out. I have a Macy's account so I'm sure to get good stuff at great prices. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Onegai(f): 6:47am On May 02, 2016
Ewuro4:

Edwife kudu nne grin

Yup, ginger, green and white onions and Chinese fish sauce and sesame oil. No salt or pepper though.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Onegai(f): 6:50am On May 02, 2016
cococandy:
i think I need to get me one of those. So many recipes that need that steamer and I just don't make them because I don't have it. Like those tummy steamed buns/

Go earthy! I felt like Rachel Roy or one of the cooks on BBC Food using mine. And they're relatively cheap (i got mine from a restaurant supply store in Cali last year). And for one strange reason I have no pots with dreamers in-built. Ewuro4, the only Nigerian food that is steamed is moin-moin.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Onegai(f): 6:53am On May 02, 2016
cococandy:

Amen and amen. Same to you and yours.

I'll check it out. I have a Macy's account so I'm sure to get good stuff at great prices. Thank you

Macy's is great but don't waste money buying their headbands. Headbands can be pricey over there (i saw one on Etsy for $25 ) I bought some and my mum told me to wait till I get back to Lagos and she was right. 12 cute headbands for N1000 (less than $10). If you know anyone coming over, we can send you some.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 7:51am On May 02, 2016
Onegai:

Go earthy! I felt like Rachel Roy or one of the cooks on BBC Food using mine. And they're relatively cheap (i got mine from a restaurant supply store in Cali last year). And for one strange reason I have no pots with dreamers in-built. Ewuro4, the only Nigerian food that is steamed is moin-moin.
I'll Google and see if there's any restaurant supply stores around here.

Onegai:

Macy's is great but don't waste money buying their headbands. Headbands can be pricey over there (i saw one on Etsy for $25 ) I bought some and my mum told me to wait till I get back to Lagos and she was right. 12 cute headbands for N1000 (less than $10). If you know anyone coming over, we can send you some.
the ones from Lagos, are they good quality too?
I could ask my mom for some when she's coming over.

I like Macy's because of their product standards. But I've never bought any baby stuff there before. Didn't even know they have a baby section.

babies 'r' us is usually the way to go when shopping for my baby. I've a baby registry there.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by edwife(f): 7:57am On May 02, 2016
Ewuro4:

gringrin Why are you behaving like moi, dodo and anything eat-able. grin
Plantain will not kill some of us. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Onegai(f): 8:07am On May 02, 2016
cococandy:

I'll Google and see if there's any restaurant supply stores around here.

the ones from Lagos, are they good quality too?
I could ask my mom for some when she's coming over.

I like Macy's because of their product standards. But I've never bought any baby stuff there before. Didn't even know they have a baby section.

babies 'r' us is usually the way to go when shopping for my baby. I've a baby registry there.

We got a ton of cute onesies from Macy's and they were good quality. I found a Carter's store and picked up plain white onesies from there. Babies R Us was weird for me. The headbands are decent.I want to Balogun market and chartered a lot and now I want more...
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 8:49am On May 02, 2016
Onegai:

We got a ton of cute onesies from Macy's and they were good quality. I found a Carter's store and picked up plain white onesies from there. Babies R Us was weird for me. The headbands are decent.I want to Balogun market and chartered a lot and now I want more...
lol. What made it weird?
They do have an entire section dedicated to carter's at babies R Us. (If that's the brand you swear by) Plus other good brands too. I love that I don't get distracted by other stuff when I'm there. I can never go to Macy's without buying something for myself even if I didn't plan to. cheesy

I've heard so much about this balogun market.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Onegai(f): 9:13am On May 02, 2016
cococandy:
lol. What made it weird?
They do have an entire section dedicated to carter's at babies R Us. (If that's the brand you swear by) Plus other good brands too. I love that I don't get distracted by other stuff when I'm there. I can never go to Macy's without buying something for myself even if I didn't plan to. cheesy

I've heard so much about this balogun market.

Babies R Us just encourages Consumer greed, when I went shopping, I nearly bought the whole store but one of my brothers went with me and he kept asking "do you need all this crap, did you not grow up normal without the fancy $150 diaper bag and $200 Graco Playard?" The issue with a store like that is that's it's so easy to over-buy. Even in Nigeria, when you go to Balogun, once you enter the children's section, they will sell you special baby plate set for N2500. Literally a plastic plate and 2 plastic spoons. And don't even get me started on the toys at Babies R Us: I fell like a maga and got a Sophie the Giraffe. It got lost at a wedding we attended at Radisson Blu cry $25 (N8,000) for a teething toy... cry

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:37am On May 02, 2016
Ewuro4 we are good, thanks for checking on us. How r u and urs?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 10:39am On May 02, 2016
Pls foodies can I fry dodo and potatoes and freeze them?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by kliq(m): 10:46am On May 02, 2016
Mrs0J:

No
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 2:08pm On May 02, 2016
I see what you mean.

That's true though. But My DH is the culprit in that one. He even bought some things I don't know what their functions are cheesy
Onegai:

Babies R Us just encourages Consumer greed, when I went shopping, I nearly bought the whole store but one of my brothers went with me and he kept asking "do you need all this crap, did you not grow up normal without the fancy $150 diaper bag and $200 Graco Playard?" The issue with a store like that is that's it's so easy to over-buy. Even in Nigeria, when you go to Balogun, once you enter the children's section, they will sell you special baby plate set for N2500. Literally a plastic plate and 2 plastic spoons. And don't even get me started on the toys at Babies R Us: I fell like a maga and got a Sophie the Giraffe. It got lost at a wedding we attended at Radisson Blu cry $25 (N8,000) for a teething toy... cry
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Onegai(f): 5:10pm On May 02, 2016
cococandy:
I see what you mean.

That's true though. But My DH is the culprit in that one. He even bought some things I don't know what their functions are cheesy

All fathers do. I walk behind mine removing things from the cart. And he wants to buy everything pink, instead of unisex! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 9:57pm On May 02, 2016
edwife:

gringrin Why are you behaving like moi, dodo and anything eat-able. grin
Plantain will not kill some of us. embarassed

I put that thing on everything! grin it won't kill us.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 2:02am On May 03, 2016
Mrs0J:

Dodo yes,preferably portioned in small freezer bags , so you don't have to thaw the whole lot everytime you want some.

Potatoes not sure. (It'll be soggy I think but may be wrong though)
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by mzjaney(f): 3:13am On May 03, 2016
cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Ewuro4: 4:04am On May 03, 2016
Ofe Akwu with Jasmine rice.

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:32am On May 03, 2016
Ewuro4:

Dodo yes,preferably portioned in small freezer bags , so you don't have to thaw the whole lot everytime you want some.

Thanks so much will give it a try.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugah: 9:04am On May 03, 2016
Ewuro4:

Mrs0J:

Some bags of fries sold at grocery shops come pre-fried....but I don't know if they put preservatives in them.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:07am On May 03, 2016
sugah:

Some bags of fries sold at grocery shops come pre-fried....but I don't know if they put preservatives in them.

Yea I know but I don't want to buy them, sure they might have preservatives.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by 4nobody4every1: 10:00am On May 03, 2016
Ewuro4:
Ofe Akwu with Jasmine rice.
Wow, this made me hungry, can you send me some please grin grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by sugah: 10:14am On May 03, 2016
Mrs0J:

Yea I know but I don't want to buy them, sure they might have preservatives.

I meant its possible to fry potatoes and freeze.. Cos of the store bought types.
You can try out a small portion and see how it holds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (3484) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Silentgroper(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.