Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5731921 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (3475) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:25am On Apr 04, 2018
Guess so,didnt make sha cos I don't knw how to.Bought from a fulani woman.
Mariangeles:
is this local yoghurt?
How is it made and with what ingredient?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by MexicanWolf: 5:31am On Apr 04, 2018
Early breakfast!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 8:11am On Apr 04, 2018
jummiefoodie:
Mood

Jummyfoodie Moodiegrin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by RoyalBlak007: 8:16am On Apr 04, 2018
When I grow up like these wonderful people here..
I'll post my own FOOD PIC cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by FloraEC(f): 8:44am On Apr 04, 2018
jummiefoodie:
Mood
Yam and oil sexy like this.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ogorwyne(f): 9:33am On Apr 04, 2018
This thread is doing my body one kain one kain. tongue

Inspiration.

6 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 04, 2018
eyinjuege:

It depends on the flavour you want.
If i want lemon flavor, i get some real lemons, wash it, grate some bit of the skin, add some dry black pepper, some thyme, a little curry, we also have some specific chicken flavours, powdered garlic, mix everything together and rub it all over the chicken. Add knorr cubes in the mix if you want. The sky is the limit with spices in my own dictionary.
My spice cupboard is like an Indians own. All sorts of funny stuff like cumin, even cardammon
I also use specific nandos sauce - lemon herb or atimes garlic sauce. Ideally these should just be used to eat already grilled/baked chicken like ketchup but i use mine to marinate the chicken overnight (whenever i remember to do it the night before)otherwise i just add it there and then and chuck it in the oven
You can add onions and even hot bell pepper if you want.
Also, you must use a roasting tin or foil tin and mariante your stuff in there.
I always turn my chicken once one side is brown enough for me and let the other side also feel the heat. Depending on my taste for that day, once well done, i atimes drain out the sauce i used in marinating the chicken if i want a dry feel but the flavours would have entered the chicken well..
Hmm.... Na wa oo smiley
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 9:59am On Apr 04, 2018
ogorwyne:
This thread is doing my body one kain one kain. tongue

Inspiration.
Enter the kitchen
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by lovelylad: 10:33am On Apr 04, 2018
My fried egg sharwarma is ready

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Daeylar(f): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2018
FloraEC:

Yam and oil sexy like this.

Real sexy,

jummiefoodie Twale !!!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by xtenxive(m): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2018
Teespice:

I love Gurasa and suya. if I eat that combo, no more food for me for the rest of the day because I am so satisfied.

are you in the north?

Please if you have a picture of "Gurasa" kindly post. I will love to see it.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 10:59am On Apr 04, 2018
Having Some tea with some cardamom pods inside.
Cardamom is a spice, used particularly in Asia. An indian friend introduced me to it. It gives off a nice spicy flavour in your tea. It can also be chewed, if you want.
It is also believed to be medicinal and helps with indigestion, heartburn, some say it helps control cholesterol, etc.
I like it for the flavour it adds to my hot tea...

7 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 12:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
jummiefoodie please can you adopt me? I promise to be a good girl, I will do everything you want me do just let me eat your food.

4 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teespice(f): 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2018
xtenxive:

Please if you have a picture of "Gurasa" kindly post. I will love to see it.

unfortunately, I don't have a picture.

gurasa is like a flat bread, I have no idea how it is prepared but it is savoury meaning it is made with little sugar. best eaten with suya and vegetables like cabbage, cucumber and onions.

it is a staple food down here and it is quite cheap and very filling.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2018
Teespice:

unfortunately, I don't have a picture.

gurasa is like a flat bread, I have no idea how it is prepared but it is savoury meaning it is made with little sugar. best eaten with suya and vegetables like cabbage, cucumber and onions.

it is a staple food down here and it is quite cheap and very filling.

Is it the same thing as masa?
Guys selling suya sell it with masa in the north, with all the veggies- cabbage, onions, tomatoes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by missterious(f): 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nimi22:
jummiefoodie please can you adopt me? I promise to be a good girl, I will do everything you want me do just let me eat your food.

She has adopted me already abeg. She doesn't know it yet. Lmao

3 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2018
Is not d same wit masa.Dis is find wit flour if I guess right,sum suya guys sell deir suya wit d gurasa n sum masa.When I get bak,will snap n send 4 u.
eyinjuege:

Guys selling suya sell it with masa in the north, with all the veggies- cabbage, onions, tomatoes
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nimi22(f): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2018
missterious:

Making 2 if us then. jummiefoodie

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Teespice(f): 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
eyinjuege:

nope.

masa is way different from gurasa.

Both in ingredients, preparation and taste.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Rhemy2013(f): 5:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
Efo riro and semo for dinner kiss

Ladyprecy oya come nd eat wink

35 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 04, 2018
Rhemy2013:

Lawd of host shocked shocked shocked
This is fooood, better food
Chai

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2018
eyinjuege:
Having Some tea with some cardamom pods inside.
Cardamom is a spice, used particularly in Asia. An indian friend introduced me to it. It gives off a nice spicy flavour in your tea. It can also be chewed, if you want.
It is also believed to be medicinal and helps with indigestion, heartburn, some say it helps control cholesterol, etc.
I like it for the flavour it adds to my hot tea...
How can get these spices?
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2018
Mariangeles:
How can get these spices?

They should probably be at shoprite, im just guessing though. Go window shopping in a large departmental store and see what they have there. Especially areas where the Chinese and Indians living in Nigeria normally visit.
I got this at Tesco- a departmental store where i live.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 7:18pm On Apr 04, 2018
eyinjuege:

They should probably be at shoprite, im just guessing though. Go window shopping in a large departmental store and see what they have there. Especially areas where the Chinese and Indians living in Nigeria normally visit.
I got this at Tesco- a departmental store where i live.
OK!
Thanks
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by eyinjuege: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2018
Rhemy2013:

Chisos....

I better start licking my screen too..
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 9:28pm On Apr 04, 2018
[quote author=Nimi22 post=66424596]jummiefoodie please can you adopt me? I promise to be a good girl, I will do everything you want me do just let me eat your food.[/q
Lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2018
Sansa143:
Recipe please,am tired of buying and eating.
Flour, salt to taste, little sugar, ground dry pepper, lukewarm water, yeast and spices.

Mix the flour, salt, sugar and yeast together,
Add water slowly to look lighter than puffy.
The mixture should look like that of pancake.
Cover and leave to ferment for 30minutes.
Grease your pan with little oil or margarine
When the pan is hot, spread the mixture like pancake, but make it thicker.
Turn when necessary. Don't make it dry.
Then sprinkle pepper (with spices) on it, then put inside oven for few minutes for the pepper to penetrate.
That's all.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2018
Rhemy2013:

Your address
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
missterious:

Haaaaa

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2018
Nimi22:
Lol
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2018
eyinjuege:

Masa is made with rice while gurasa is made with flour
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
Amala for the win

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (3475) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.