Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! - Food (760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! (5855148 Views)

6 Foods You Can Cook In A Microwave To Make Your Life Easier- / Naija Cook In New York Area? / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (3497) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2018
Vizzy4u:
dat "m logo" on dat photo looks like dat of an eatery....SMH. Some people form pass those fashionistas (eagles)wey go russia.
Lol I’m not trying to pass it off as my own though and like you said, the ‘logo’ makes it obvious enough

9 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by shaybebaby(f): 11:43am On Jul 13, 2018
zaynie:
Academic journals have over time revealed that ehuru yams increases oestrogen and ovulation in non-menopausal women.
Keyword is increases the chances of having twins, not determines.
These women eat yam almost thrice every single day. They wake up to pound yam, eat roasted yam as snacks, boil yam for pleasure etc. Yam is their main meal.

So many times we ignore our own natural healing foods because science hasn't backed it. We forget that the white man didn't know a food like yam even existed till recently. Yam that is a staple food in all regions in Nigeria.
When my babies had this stubborn cough, my Ijebu neighbour told me to use palmoil and sugar for them and I got immediate relief after almost 3 weeks of using the white man's medicine. Another person on NL suggested ori and salt and we have seen it in prompt action. I have searched high and low on what component in these foods actually did the work? What chemical process took place in the mixtures? Nothing was found online.
Only till recently did we figure out that our pap will stop serious stooling even if it is viral. It has worked time and time again for me and my friends.
When I had a tooth problem and developed plaques serious ones , I used all usables and it was pretty useless until I remembered one of my Professor's academic journal where he compared even the best toothpaste to different types of chewing sticks. Off I went to buy some pako ayan. The rope-y bitter chewing sticks common in Yoruba. In less than 48hrs, ALL plaques disappeared! This was almost 10 years ago before all these herbal toothpaste came to be ( the journal was for a popular toothpaste company).
In our local food, therein lies the solution and so many mysteries waiting to be solved.
Did you also know that your regular omidun (corn steep liquor) or even the cassava steep liquor can heal a land plagued with oil spill?

I am a Microbiologist.
Research and problem solving are my strongest points.
I love eating yam but I don't have twins (I actually don't want them cheesy)
I could send the published academic journals if you're interested in some light reading.

Please do. kiss
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by shaybebaby(f): 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
ibkayee:
Healthy breakfast. Watching my weight so I only got one

Lol na joke o
Swear down, my belly literally rumbled when I saw this.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ibkayee(f): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
shaybebaby:

Swear down, my belly literally rumbled when I saw this.
I’d been craving it grin

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
Well,my birthday is 2moro so dis is a prep towards it.Freshly made.
soberdrunk,jazzyjazz,Giddyperson,zaynie,Liftedhands u can pick one each n leave d rest 4 others grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Freethought(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2018
jummiefoodie:

U ate a whole chicken
Thank you jawe
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by britiko: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
jummiefoodie:

Ingredients
Rice
Palm oil
Locusts beans
Blended pepper and tomatoes with onion
Extra onion
Slim spaghetti
Crayfish+ginger+garlic+curry

Preparation
Parboil rice to remove excess starch and set aside
Put palm oil in the pot
Add onion
Mix locusts beans with the pepper mix and pour into the oil
Allow this to cook well
Pour adequate water/stock in it (I used water as there was no stock)
Add salt and other spices (I used crayfish, ginger, curry and garlic) You can add boulion cube if you wish
When you see the water boiling, add spaghetti, allow to cook for some minutes, but not soft
Add parboiled rice
Reduce the heat and allow to steam.

YES, your rice is ready.

Hope this help

Thank you so much. Will try it out.
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
sassysure:
U guys should take a look at that guy's post history.

Sometimes it pays to do that to see if it's worth your time and energy.

Ladies.

Missmycoli especially u.
Unless my memory is lacking, at least I know u are a strong Christian. Go through his posts and see how he insults Christianity and make caricature of Christians and men of God

I don't do religion but I will never dignify such person filled with hatred with a reply even if he thanked and praised me in a post.
When u ignore things like That, they will fizzle away.

Senselessly senseless
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by ahnie: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
GoTV:

Senselessly senseless
Unku labeench...temper!temper!!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
The first shows there was an increase in some reproductive hormones in the rat especially those that were fed with pounded yam and soup.
Compare rats with their small body mass and the fact they were most likely left with no option but to eat the yam and women with a larger body mass willingly consuming yam in its many forms.

The second was on humans and shows decrease in menopausal effects.
These are just 2 of the journals I was able to get online.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
Second one didn't load o.
But here is the citation reference

Pengelly, A., & Bennett, K.,(2011). Appalachian plant monographs: Dioscorea
villosa L., Wild Yam.

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by tayosmatts(f): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
chaarly:
madam zaynie!!!

please send the journal to me ejoor

Thanks!!!
To me too oh!

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by BoleAndFish: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
gratefulme40:
Beans
Where's the beans? All I see is meat embarassed
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chaarly(m): 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
watch this space. . .

am just waiting for fresh tomatoes, pepper and tin tomatoes. . i send my bro to help me buy dem. since 3pm faa sad

na curry him go buy. . lol

lets go there. . . .!!!

14 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 4:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
chasers:
Breakfast
I love me some English breakfast

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by jummiefoodie: 4:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
zaynie:
The first shows there was an increase in some reproductive hormones in the rat especially those that were fed with pounded yam and soup.
Compare rats with their small body mass and the fact they were most likely left with no option but to eat the yam and women with a larger body mass willingly consuming yam in its many forms.

The second was on humans and shows decrease in menopausal effects.
These are just 2 of the journals I was able to get online.

My sister, thanks for the eye opener o
I entered my student's class (300 level) this afternoon, asked if they have heard of the relationship between yam and fertility.
Majority of them shouted YES, and they even said it's "wild yam".
I was dumbfounded.

I'm definitely doing more research on this.

How come I never heard of this? I'm covering my face right now.
Thank you soooo much sis.

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
cococandy:
I love me some English breakfast
cheesy Gracias.Tomorrow breakfast gonna be on me. Address?

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
chaarly:
watch this space. . .

am just waiting for fresh tomatoes, pepper and tin tomatoes. . i send my bro to help me buy dem. since 3pm faa sad

lets go there. . . .!!!
Can't wait..

10 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chaarly(m): 6:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
chasers:
Can't wait..
right on time bro cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chaarly(m): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
Come and join me sing Hallelujah cheesy
#Coconut Fried Rice,
#Organic Unsweetened Almond Beverage

first pic: still on the fire
second pic: Dinner is Served!

ps. like i said some months earlier. . .
dont eat coconut rice and drink pure water. lol

@Chasers bring that your plate lemmi dish your own cheesy

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
chaarly:
watch this space. . .

lets go there. . . .!!!
What are you cooking??

Modified: Never mind!
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chaarly(m): 6:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
Mariangeles:
What are you cooking??
coconut-fried-rice-Mariangeles cheesy
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
jummiefoodie:

My sister, thanks for the eye opener o
I entered my student's class (300 level) this afternoon, asked if they have heard of the relationship between yam and fertility.
Majority of them shouted YES, and they even said it's "wild yam".
I was dumbfounded.

I'm definitely doing more research on this.

How come I never heard of this? I'm covering my face right now.
Thank you soooo much sis.

Ya welcome kiss
We learn every day.

2 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Mariangeles(f): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
chaarly:

coconut-fried-rice-Mariangeles cheesy
At least she's fine... grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chaarly(m): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
Mariangeles:
At least she's fine... grin
Hahahaha grin grin
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
chasers:
cheesy Gracias.Tomorrow breakfast gonna be on me. Address?

cheesy Times Square
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
chaarly:
Come and join me sing Hallelujah cheesy
#Coconut Fried Rice,
#Organic Unsweetened Almond Beverage

first pic: still on the fire
second pic: Dinner is Served!

ps. like i said some months earlier. . .
dont eat coconut rice and drink pure water. lol

@Chasers bring that your plate lemmi dish your own cheesy
The first person please. No time to waste

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
cococandy:

cheesy Times Square
From Nija to New York shocked Please when you enter Nigeria Holla at me, make I take you go Mallam place for bread and tea grin
Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by chaarly(m): 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
chasers:
The first person please. No time to waste

lool cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by zaynie(f): 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
sassysure:
U guys should take a look at that guy's post history.

Sometimes it pays to do that to see if it's worth your time and energy.

Ladies.

Missmycoli especially u.
Unless my memory is lacking, at least I know u are a strong Christian. Go through his posts and see how he insults Christianity and make caricature of Christians and men of God

I don't do religion but I will never dignify such person filled with hatred with a reply even if he thanked and praised me in a post.
When u ignore things like That, they will fizzle away.

I know....
But sometimes you just have to land a solid plank on a mad man to make him well wink

12 Likes

Re: Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE! by cococandy(f): 9:59pm On Jul 13, 2018
chasers:
From Nija to New York shocked Please when you enter Nigeria Holla at me, make I take you go Mallam place for bread and tea grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (3497) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.