Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:10 AM

Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home (12225 Views)

Namadi Sambo Hospitalized In US For Knee Surgery - Photo / Sule Lamido Leaves Nigeria, Hands Over To SSG Leaving N2billion Debt / Nigerians Blast Vice President Namadi Sambo On Twitter & Facebook [SCREENSHOTS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by enioladeran: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2012
I truly cry for my beloved country cry cry cry

When in a actual democracy they are surpose to be the servant serving the nation, but they are planly looter.

I sorry, sorry oh,
sorry for Nigeria
I sorry, sorry oh,
orry ...
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by playmode(m): 9:25am On Dec 05, 2012
obadiah777: ONLY BECAUSE THE WHITE MAN RUNS THE ECONOMY. THE MOMENT YOU SUCCEED IN KICKING OUT ALL THE WHITE MEN, THAT DAY IS WHEN THABO MBEKI AND THE LIKES BECOME BILLIONAIRES OVERNIGHT. THE BLACK MAN IS A COVETOUS DEMON. ITS A CHARACTER FLAW THAT HAS TO BE ADDRESSED.

On that point i strongly agree with you because despite all the "black man bragado mentality" that we all have ,the fact remains that no African country governed by an African has ever progressed for a long time.Still you need to stick to the issue which is : what do we do about saving Nigeria??

I have been blessed in my life and have achieved some level of success since being here.I am looking to come back home but i do not think i can tolerate what is going in Nigeria.I want to do something for my people even if it means loosing my life in the process.If i can find 50 Nigerians with my mindset ,we can make a lot of impact in Nigeria.Nigerians youths need to be jump started into a revolution and there is no one left to do that except maybe Pastor Bakare who seems to be the only one making the right noises right now.

I am for a bloody revolution because unless these greedy politicians have their blood shed ,they will never fear the people.That is just the way it is.We must not wait for the military to take over ,we the citizens need to act now.Our politicians only respect violence,only this democrazy bullsh*t won't work with African leaders.All i require is 50 diligent young Nigerian who are interested in genuine change ,not change for their pockets and something will give.The fact is a lot of us come here to moan and whine but how many of us are actually interested in doing something to change the status quo??
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by glizengem(f): 9:29am On Dec 05, 2012
Dis is madness ... W@ kind of country z dis dia r millions of projects 2 develop... Hw can an underdeveloped country waste so much on d housing of its officials wen more Dan half of its masses live in abject poverty... Dis is insane.. Hw do we dream of a beta future wif dis kinda start.. Jst d building z 2b hu knws hw much d furnishn z gonna cost. God in 2 ur hands we commit dis nation NIGERIA
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Exponental(m): 9:30am On Dec 05, 2012
Subsidy...privatisation...corruption...committee... Just call d rename
THIEF!!!!!
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Ezekwesiri04(m): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by otigainspires(m): 9:34am On Dec 05, 2012
MY GOD!!! 2billion Naira!

Naija, i hail thee!
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by nagoma(m): 9:34am On Dec 05, 2012
naptu2: They've been planning to build this house since last year.

By the way, when David Mark and Tambuwal leave office, they will "buy" the houses that are currently being built and the government will need to build new houses for the next speaker and senate president.
Exactly .they will. " buy" the houses at give away prices and then new houses at exorbitant Inflated contract costs will be built again and the cycle continues. Remember all these people have houses and estates in Abuja and other parts of the country and at least one of them has houses abroad as well.
If we talk now they will remind us that we are from different tribes and religion and we shouldn't be cooperating to demand justice.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by sunnshyn(f): 9:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Just take a look at what this govt is doing to us!! They know! We are stupid people, who will only rant behind our computers or sit in beer parlous discussing our plights.

This is truly sad! I really wonder how this thieves go to sleep at night knowing all the injustice they do the masses...

N2b for a house of a VP in 2012? Shebi another report started that FEC approved N7.1b for VP's accommodation in 2009. What happened to that one?

Very soon the poor will have nothing but the rich to eat..
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by tpia1: 9:39am On Dec 05, 2012
can someone showcase the inside of these abuja homes so we can have an idea what they look like.

i think by now every state should have its own abuja.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by brotherlyn(m): 9:40am On Dec 05, 2012
This country is under a siege.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by kagel: 9:40am On Dec 05, 2012
oh God!!!, what is happening in this country, look at Ghana will have the biggest power plate in 2013.
our leader are here quandring our money into material thing that will not make any good impact into the lives of many or an average
Nigerian Chiee!, no wander Nigeria is been ranked the wost country to deliver a child
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Olaolufred(m): 9:45am On Dec 05, 2012
playmode: I think i am going to come back home and set up a kidnapping syndicate to start kidnapping relatives of these assholes in Government. We Nigerians just sit back and look like mugus while these people just screw us like this.We deserve the type of leadership we get since we elected these people into office willingly.We are a country of epic morons who can not seem to do anything right.

Come next election we will be clamoring for the same people to return to power.I wish i was never born in this cursed nation of educated and uneducated idiots.We like bragging about how good we are at academics but what have we actually done with that knowledge Absolutely nothing! We Nigerians are a disgrace to the human race.10 years from now the situation will remain the same because as Nigerians we will never apply common sense and honesty when choosing our leaders.Our pockets always comes first to the detriment of our communities and our nation.

To make matters worse when someone who wants to make a real change comes out and start clamoring for real change we shout him down,laugh at him or just plain ignore him.It is as if we have being genetically engineered to be selfish,astonishingly stup*d ,corrupt ,dishonest ,criminal minded ,oppressive, arrogant,tribalistic,incompetent,deceptive,heartless,careless and regressive.Our people are just like mindless drones who just follow the tide even if it will drown them.If that fact alone does not depict how unintelligent we are as a people then i don't know what will.Welcome to Nigeria the country that enjoys suffering and smiling,the country were self injury is inflicted time and time again without any remorse or change of heart.

Where you are speaking from does not matter.
What matters is the substance of your information.
Is it true?
Answer is Yes.
NIGERIANS WILL SHOUT THAT A REGIME IS BAD, WHEN IT IS TIME TO KICK THE REGIME OUT, THEY WILL CHOSE TO LICK THEIR ASS, ONLY TO COME BACK SOBBING FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS.
WE SEEMS TO BE FOOLISH AS A PEOPLE. AT LEAST THAT IS HOW POLITICIANS SEE US.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Takara: 9:48am On Dec 05, 2012
Fresh Air!
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Olaolufred(m): 9:50am On Dec 05, 2012
QUESTION FOR ALL POSTERS ON THIS THREAD

Come 2015, will you not vote this same man, or this same party?
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Olaone1: 9:52am On Dec 05, 2012
playmode:

Come here to South Africa and see how South Africans hold their leaders accountable.Here the Government is scared of the people unlike like Nigeria where the people are scared of the Government.Contribute constructive comments and stop countering comments like mine in this manner.You have no idea of my plans or what i done or plan to do in Nigeria so i find it sad that you chose to mock me instead of criticizing the Government.

OK, they truly care in South Africa.
You gotta read this though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238017/UK-gives-19million-aid-South-Africa--president-spends-17-5million-palace.html

What say you now? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by kagel: 9:55am On Dec 05, 2012
tpia1:

can someone showcase the inside of these abuja homes so we can have an idea what they look like.

i think by now every state should have its own abuja.
you[b] [color=#990000]a[b]re making sense, let every state build their own SCT not looking unto FCT
SCT =STATE CAPITAL TERRITORY
FCT=FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY
BECAUSE INDIRECTLY NORTHERNERS WILL BE AT ADVANTAGE PLEASE LET US BE WISE
.[/b][/b] [/color]
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by ikee(m): 9:55am On Dec 05, 2012
Wow! So he didn't have a home before?
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by naptu2: 9:57am On Dec 05, 2012
In the 1970s and '80s the ministry of works (and contractors) built official residences for government workers. In some cases, these residences were also furnished by the government. The government also provided benefits such as official cars, etc to its workers.

However, it was discovered that this policy had negative consequences.

1) It costs the government a fortune to maintain these houses. Some officials also retained multiple houses (eg, one in Lagos and one in Abuja) all at the expense of government.

2) The officials and their family members ran up huge phone bills, which the government had to repay ( smiley memories).

3) Children of government workers had difficulty adjusting to life outside Ikoyi (or the various GRA that abound in Nigeria) when their parents retired from government service.

4) Officials retained multiple cars (sometimes 3 or 4 official cars) at the expense of government.

Therefore, the Obasanjo government came up with the monetisation policy. Basically, officials would not be given official houses or cars, but would rather be paid housing allowance and car allowance. Officials would be given the opportunity to "buy" their current official house.

I felt that this policy, although well intentioned, would be a disaster. It's much easier for our rulers to steal money than it is for them to steal houses (I didn't know then that some of our rulers would perfect the art of "stealing" houses.

Well, that's the origin of this problem. The past Speaker of the House of Representative "bought" his official house. The Yar'Adua government partially reversed the monetisation policy, so they had to build a house for the new speaker. So now we build, "buy" and build again.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by GARRIx7(m): 9:59am On Dec 05, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin

FRESH AIR......
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Olaone1: 10:00am On Dec 05, 2012

1 Like

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Jaggiey: 10:02am On Dec 05, 2012
By this decision, the Nigerian leadership appears unserious, myopic and visionless. I hear about the Presidential Villa and the Vice President's residence. Why this wastage. This is not just about the immediate construction cost but also the subsequent yearly maintenance cost that will be expended. That would form another hole in the nation's treasury to siphon money. The houses built for the members of the National Assembly during OBJ's era, did the lawmakers live there? NO. Nigeria is a country chasing the shadow leaving the real problem; we continue to consume without producing. One day, very soon, we may be shocked that we run out of the national cake or that our cake would become stale, tasteless and worthless when world industrial powers find a replacement for the fossil fuel/crude oil.

Our current crop of leaders need to be replace. A nation without any vision will perish and a people without visionary leaders will stray, stagnate and amount to nothing in the comity of nations. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by naptu2: 10:02am On Dec 05, 2012
Olaolufred: QUESTION FOR ALL POSTERS ON THIS THREAD

Come 2015, will you not vote this same man, or this same party?

On another thread I wrote that Nigeria is in trouble because we have adopted the "defend my ethnic group/religion or members of my ethnic group/religion at all costs and in any way possible" mentality.

In 2015 you will be told that someone is from another religion/ethnic group/part of the country, so you will vote for someone from your religion/ethnic group/part of the country without considering if he is the best man for the job.

Politicians know how to manipulate Nigerians using bigotry, fear and propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by zoedicus: 10:04am On Dec 05, 2012
playmode: I think i am going to come back home and set up a kidnapping syndicate to start kidnapping relatives of these assholes in Government. We Nigerians just sit back and look like mugus while these people just screw us like this.We deserve the type of leadership we get since we elected these people into office willingly.We are a country of epic morons who can not seem to do anything right.

Come next election we will be clamoring for the same people to return to power.I wish i was never born in this cursed nation of educated and uneducated idiots.We like bragging about how good we are at academics but what have we actually done with that knowledge Absolutely nothing! We Nigerians are a disgrace to the human race.10 years from now the situation will remain the same because as Nigerians we will never apply common sense and honesty when choosing our leaders.Our pockets always comes first to the detriment of our communities and our nation.

To make matters worse when someone who wants to make a real change comes out and start clamoring for real change we shout him down,laugh at him or just plain ignore him.It is as if we have being genetically engineered to be selfish,astonishingly stup*d ,corrupt ,dishonest ,criminal minded ,oppressive, arrogant,tribalistic,incompetent,deceptive,heartless,careless and regressive.Our people are just like mindless drones who just follow the tide even if it will drown them.If that fact alone does not depict how unintelligent we are as a people then i don't know what will.Welcome to Nigeria the country that enjoys suffering and smiling,the country were self injury is inflicted time and time again without any remorse or change of heart.
pls do contact me when you want to form this syndicate. I wl wrk for free.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by naptu2: 10:06am On Dec 05, 2012
The main purpose of government is to serve the people. Government is supposed to do this by providing efficient and effective transportation, healthcare, education and promulgating and enforcing laws that would improve the quality of life of the citizens.

They are there to serve the people. They are not there to serve themselves.

Government should not be self serving.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by tpia1: 10:07am On Dec 05, 2012
kagel:
let every state build their own SCT not looking unto FCT
SCT =STATE CAPITAL TERRITORY
FCT=FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY

abuja has never been on my list of places to live sha [maybe to visit].

besides, its just too far, and i'm not sure the weather is the same.

even though the place is very beautiful and more developed than most of nigeria.

i've never been there anyway.

but imo it should be ok for expatriates and rich people, no doubt.

the idea of a State capital territory is a very good one.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by naptu2: 10:11am On Dec 05, 2012
By the way, you can see a picture of Justice Akinola Aguda House, the Vice President's current residence, on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/951565/aso-rock-belongs-nigerians...in-democracy
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 05, 2012
Crying mode activated - NIGERIANS ARE CRYING! LOL! grin grin grin grin

SAVE YOUR TEARS WE STILL HAVE LIKE 2 MORE YEARS TO GO. THEN ANOTHER 4 YEARS THINGYSSSS grin grin grin grin

Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by playmode(m): 10:38am On Dec 05, 2012
Ola one:
OK, they truly care in South Africa.
You gotta read this though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2238017/UK-gives-19million-aid-South-Africa--president-spends-17-5million-palace.html

What say you now? grin grin

You have a point but unlike Nigeria where we just sit down & look ,the SA president has been under serious fire and stands to loose the next elections in December.He is being being attacked from all angles that it is only a matter of time before he collapses under pressure.You see he hid the information from the public and was only found out when the information was leaked.In Nigeria however the government announces such projects to the public because they know Nigerians won't make any noise.You see the deference

That being said ,the majority of the voters in South Africa are blacks without access to internet ,TV or radio so they just vote with their heart instead of their brains.They also happen to have an acute fear of white people so they will never elect a white led party (Democratic Alliance) into power.They vote blindly for the ANC because it freed them from modern slavery.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by ypzilanti: 10:47am On Dec 05, 2012
If the opposition has sense, they should start a list of these frivolous behavior for campaign adverts in 2015.
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 05, 2012
obadiah777: $20,000,000 HOUSE. HMMM EVEN BILL GATES DOES NOT LIVE IN SUCH A HOUSE. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT, THE BLACK MANS DOWNFALL, WHICH IS A DOMINO EFFECT SINCE WE ARE ALL LINKED, IS HIS EXTREME COVETOUSNESS. AND THIS APPLIES TO YOU WHO ARE READING THIS TOO. YES YOU. YOU ARE A COVETOUS DEMON.
LMAO
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by dadicvila(m): 10:51am On Dec 05, 2012
and this is a man that said he had no shoes oO!!!it seems his shoeless experience made him stupid
Re: Vice President Namadi Sambo To Get A N2billion Home by playmode(m): 11:42am On Dec 05, 2012
ypzilanti: If the opposition has sense, they should start a list of these frivolous behavior for campaign adverts in 2015.

What credible opposition does the PDP have? ACN are just cleverer thieves.I used to trust Fashola until i dug deeper especially in to the procurement of the used Canadian trains where it was clear that the contract was inflated and safety regulations were totally ignored.The only person i respect to take over reigns of Nigeria is professor Pat Utomi. He has been campaigning for years but nobody takes him seriously because he is the right man for the job.Instead Nigerians intentionally choose the worst person for the job.That is why we Africans are regarded as being unable to run our own nations.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Former Governor Of Akwa Ibom State Senator Godswill Akpabio Speaks On Biafra / Governor Obaseki: Era Of Sharing Money To Greedy Edo Politicians Over / Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.