Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,860 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke (12134 Views)

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React / Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by Despirado121(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
Spokesman of BudgIT, Shakir Akorede, has said that the company’s co-founder and chief executive, Seun Onigbinde, could not have left Twitter.

Mr Onigbinde’s Twitter account went offline moments after news of his appointment as technical adviser (budget and planning) in the Federal Ministry of Budget and National Planning broke on Friday.

Onigbinde is known to have been vocal in his criticism of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

The BudgIT boss came under heavy criticism on social media for accepting the appointment.

Speaking with newsmen on Friday in a personal capacity, Mr Akorede said the BudgIT boss could not have deleted his account to escape reactions over the appointment.

“I know Seun, he would never run away from Twitter. It was a platform on which he talked about governance issues. He didn’t delete his Twitter account, it might have been deactivated,” he said.

Akorede added that Nigerians should be happy that they have someone who they can hold accountable in government.

http://igberetvnews.com/987177/political-appointment-saga-seun-onigbinde-cannot-leave-twitter-budgits-spokesman/

3 Likes

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by coolcharm(m): 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2019
If the guy accepts that appointment, then he is a hungry fool.

He pleged his filthy to the constructive analysis and criticism of the government's budgetary allocation and spending over the years, which is an honourable cause.

It's like activism. They'll mess him up big time.

18 Likes

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by tayebest(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2019
“I know Seun, he would never run away from Twitter. It was a platform on which he talked about governance issues. He didn’t delete his Twitter account, it might have been deactivated,” he said.

No use English confuse us, ogbeni angry

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by tayebest(m): 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2019
coolcharm:

Fool?

My brother hustle o!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by coolcharm(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
tayebest:

Fool?

My brother hustle o!

You think everything about life is hustle?

Btw, I'd rather work hard and smart than hustle.

(Maybe if you looked up the origin and meaning of hustle... You'll understand why we are in a state of mess as a nation)
smiley

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by tayebest(m): 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2019
coolcharm:

(Maybe if you looked up the origin and meaning of hustle... You'll understand why we are in a state of mess as a nation)
smiley

He played politics with his criticism and has already got whatever he needs from it but calling him a fool is outrageous. sad

In politics, no permanent friend or enemy!

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by Teewhy2: 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2019
everyone has a price, his own price has been met and he is sold out.

Do you have a space (supermarket, Shops, Hospital, Restaurants, Hotel, Home & room e.t.c)and its important to keep away from dust, or isolates the noise or air conditioning? This is the perfect product for you.
The Magnetic PVC curtains fits both outdoor and indoor space

3 Likes

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by baratech: 3:43pm On Sep 13, 2019
It's good he accepted... His input is needed in the government

10 Likes

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by baratech: 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2019
coolcharm:

smiley

On point... Work smart and hard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by Avedonn: 3:45pm On Sep 13, 2019
what's the difference between delete and deactivation.

Well, I'm not surprise by the man's action because our version of politics in Africa is "politics without ideology".

Just last week Boris Johnson‘s younger brother, Jo Johnson, resigned from his roles as Member of Parliament and cabinet minister, saying he has been torn between family loyalty and the national interest due Brexit deadlock.

Imagine someone holding such juicy position resigned to uphold his political ideology. I'm certain this will never happen in Nigeria. in fact, if Buhari decided to give FFK or Reno political appointment, they'll gladly accept it and start praising his inept administration.

Same with Garba Shehu abandoning his benefactor for years Atiku and pitching tent with Buhari just because of money.

We still have a long way to go in Africa.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by Officialgarri: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2019
grin. He only hid it

2 Likes

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by happney65: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2019
Avedonn:
what's the difference between delete and deactivation

Abi o..He wants to use English to confuse his Generation..

Remember that verse for Naira Marley's song "Ole ni everybody,Eni Ile mo ba ni barawo"..

Awon super thieves calling the other person thieves..Aiye gbogbo yin ma bajee ni

Kapaichumerimerichupako..

4 Likes

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by chigoziri2403(m): 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2019
Across the bridge, there is no corruption
Across the bridge there is no stealing
When you cross the APC bridge, you will forever be happy again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by sojfarm: 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2019
So if he was your brother you will advise him against the appointment?

Maturity makes the difference

coolcharm:

He pleged his filthy to the constructive analysis and criticism of the government's budgetary allocation and spending over the years, which is an honourable cause.

It's like activism. They'll mess him up big time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by FarahAideed: 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
From Keyamo to falana to this one Na their way be this ..Activism driven by hunger
Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by coolcharm(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2019
tayebest:

He played politics with his criticism and has already got whatever he needs from it but calling him a fool is outrageous. sad

In politics, no permanent friend or enemy!

Well, I'd tell you why I called him a fool. He's stepped over a dollar note to pick up a cent.

He was building an institution at budgIT. Now, he is trading all he has worked for for a 4 year or less term as a political appointee.

Step down or not, he still has an influence over the staff at budgIT. That puts the credibility of the numbers coming out of budgIT in the next few years in doubt.

His role at budgIT was an honourable one, and would have outlasted any special or technical adviser role in this government.

Well... If you can't beat them, you join them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by coolcharm(m): 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2019
sojfarm:

So if he was your brother you will advise him against the appointment?

Maturity makes the difference

My brother can't even try that. Our entire kingdom will disown him... And he will become an OSU... According to Chinua Achebe's things fall apart cool
Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by coolcharm(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
Officialgarri:
grin. He only hid it

He knew he messed up big time.

1 Like

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by aribs(m): 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2019
Any reason why this man should not accept this appointment ? If someone else was appointed, these are the same people who will be analyzing the place of birth of the person and screaming disgusting tribal epithets online. Now what is the use of a critic if all he does is make online noise without an ability to proffer proper solutions? Anything wrong in having someone who actually knows what they are doing in government? I don't understand the state of mind of some of these NeverBuhari goons. Is your loyalty to PDP, Jonathan or to Nigeria? any reasonable critic is not a rabble-rouser but has ideas to proffer to solve issues. I hope the man accepts this appointment. We need more of his type in government to speak truth to power. Nigeria is the project...my vote and my support will always go towards any government which does what is right (not what is "popular"wink. una complain say the cabinet was full of politicians. now a "technocrat" is appointed , una still dey complain. Rubbish

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by tayebest(m): 3:57pm On Sep 13, 2019
coolcharm:

Well, I'd tell you why I called him a fool. He's stepped over a dollar note to pick up a cent.

He was building an institution at budgIT. Now, he is trading all he has worked for for a 4 year or less term as a political appointee.

Step down or not, he still has an influence over the staff at budgIT. That puts the credibility of the numbers coming out of budgIT in the next few years in doubt.

His role at budgIT was an honourable one, and would have outlasted any special or technical adviser role in this government.

His appointment doesn't stop him from been a CEO of BudgetIT. The institution will still function well and if he played his game proper, the innovation will be built to a worldclass with the government.

His appointment doesn't limit him in anyway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by ilyasom(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2019
Some fools don't know what appointment means. It's service to the nation not service to the president. It's very unreasonable to reject an appointment which is an opportunity to contribute to nation building.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by tayebest(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2019
aribs:
Any reason why this man should not accept this appointment ? If someone else was appointed, these are the same people who will be analyzing the place of birth of the person and screaming disgusting tribal epithets online. Now what is the use of a critic if all he does is make online noise without an ability to prefer proper solutions? Anything wrong in having someone who actually knows what they are doing in government? I don't understand the state of mind of some of these NeverBuhari goons. Is your loyalty to PDP, Jonathan or to Nigeria? any reasonable critic is not a rabble-rouser but has ideas to proffer to solve issues. I hope the man accepts this appointment. We need more of his type in government to speak truth to power. Nigeria is the project...my vote and my support will always go towards any government which does what is right (not what is "popular"wink. una complain say the cabinet was full of politicians. now a "technocrat" is appointed , una still dey complain. Rubbish

No mind 'em na. because he is appointed in Buhari's government, he not a technocrat again.

Awon hypocrite oshi angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by coolcharm(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2019
tayebest:

His appointment doesn't stop him from been a CEO of BudgetIT. The institution will still function well and if he played his game proper, the innovation will be built to a worldclass with the government.

His appointment doesn't limit him in anyway.

You lie. You can't blow hot and cold at the same time.
Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by naptu2: 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2019
His account is back.

I don't see anything wrong with appointing a critic into a position if that critic is competent enough and I also don't see anything wrong with accepting that position if you know that you want to serve your country.

However, I think that people were angered by the fact that he went from criticising the government to insulting the government and its followers towards the end of 2018

2 Likes

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2019
Everybody has a price tag.
Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by gabicon: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2019
When did the call to serve ones country become a crime, it's fact that Seun knows his craft, is it bad that the government employ him because of his skills?if the the government appoints okonjo iweala or brath Nnaji it's a plus why the much criticism on Seun Oni....

1 Like

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
coolcharm:

You were doing well until you said..if you cant beat them join them.
I am now confused whether you are supporting his decision?
Well in my opinion,the fellow did what they are good at:About turn face belle.
One minute you are foaming at the mouth criticising, the very next moment you are serving the same people.
No integrity whatsoever.Betrayal of anybody who believed in him.And a massive coward for deleting his Twitter.
This is why I don't take any of these people serious.
You are right,he was building something.Something potentially bigger than any stupid appointment they could have given him but sadly he didnt see that.
Watch..they will destroy what's left of him there.
Stupid decision of a hungry man
He even looks hungry.

2 Likes

Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2019
Despirado121:
Spokesman of BudgIT, Shakir Akorede, has said that the company’s co-founder and chief executive, Seun Onigbinde, could not have left Twitter.

Mr Onigbinde’s Twitter account went offline moments after news of his appointment as technical adviser (budget and planning) in the Federal Ministry of Budget and National Planning broke on Friday.

Onigbinde is known to have been vocal in his criticism of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

The BudgIT boss came under heavy criticism on social media for accepting the appointment.

Speaking with newsmen on Friday in a personal capacity, Mr Akorede said the BudgIT boss could not have deleted his account to escape reactions over the appointment.

Akorede added that Nigerians should be happy that they have someone who they can hold accountable in government.

http://igberetvnews.com/987177/political-appointment-saga-seun-onigbinde-cannot-leave-twitter-budgits-spokesman/

Never you Trust an Afonja. The Message is clear.
Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by coolcharm(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2019
TheWrita:
You were doing well until you said..if you cant beat them join them.
I am now confused whether you are supporting his decision?
Well in my opinion,the fellow did what they are good at:About turn face belle.
One minute you are foaming at the mouth criticising, the very next moment you are serving the same people.
No integrity whatsoever.Betrayal of anybody who believed in him.And a massive coward for deleting his Twitter.
This is why I don't take any of these people serious.
You are right,he was building something.Something potentially bigger than any stupid appointment they could have given him but sadly he didnt see that.
Watch..they will destroy what's left of him there.
Stupid decision of a hungry man
He even looks hungry.

Yeah... If you can't beat them you join them.... I was only pointing out what he has done using an idiomatic expression.
Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by PureGoldh(m): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2019
Issoryt... Anyhow wey e be... We still dey.

If you need Pure Original Honey... Call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature below
Re: Political Appointment Saga: Seun Onigbinde Cannot Leave Twitter — Budgit’s Spoke by GavelSlam: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2019
FarahAideed:
From Keyamo to falana to this one Na their way be this ..Activism driven by hunger

Ngene was offering you a road safety officer's role.

Think about it.
grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

State Governors Open Security Vote Accounts With CBN / Reason Why The Yoruba's Are The Most Successful Tribe In Africa / Nigeria’s Economy In Recession In Q4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.