Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? (860 Views)

Lagos Guys Are Becoming Gold Diggers / Attitudes Guys Display When They Have Been Lured, Duped & Dumped By Gold Diggers / When Gold-diggers Strike...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by 1920MaMa: 2:07am On Dec 06, 2012
I used to know women being the ones referred to as gold diggers. You know, when you see a commoner with a rich dude, people tend to say she's in it because of the money, but these days it baffles me how the table has turned. You see men going after rich women, not because of love, but because of what they could get from them. They milk you, and as soon as they're made, they take to their heels. Some even use your money to service their girl friends. And some if you end up marrying them, start misbehaving once they stand on their feet. and do you know what happens to most of such marriages? Your guess is as good as mine, they end up in divorce!

It will surprise you to know up to 50%, yes you read right, 50% of homes would be in trouble if the wife isn’t working, cos for all I care, some men actually love their wives just because of what she could bring to the table. Or how do you explain a sudden change in a man that once professed undying love for his wife just because his wife stopped working? A case in point is that of Dejo Richard and Monalisa Chinda, when she stopped giving, problems ensued in her marriage, or is it that of Joseph Benjamin and his estranged wife? He stayed when things were tough, but bailed as soon as he hit the limelight. I could go on and on. So I ask, why has our men degenerated to such a level?
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by seedord247(m): 5:19am On Dec 06, 2012
First whats the meaning of ya name and 2nd how many young boyz have you used thier $perm for money?
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by joey4jo: 6:02am On Dec 06, 2012
Babe, knack your head for wall...
Just because you were unable to tell a good guy and one or two guys took avantage of you doesnt mean you come here and spew garbage.
Have you been to the north? Women arent suppose to work there(tradition n religion),the man is the provider, how then does your theory apply?
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by luvmijeje(f): 6:11am On Dec 06, 2012
Op if I base it on d news ve been reading I'll say 60-40 4 d men.

1 Like

Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by Mynd44: 6:25am On Dec 06, 2012
Here we go again
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 06, 2012
joey4jo: Babe, knack your head for wall...
Just because you were unable to tell a good guy and one or two guys took avantage of you doesnt mean you come here and spew garbage.
Have you been to the north? Women arent suppose to work there(tradition n religion),the man is the provider, how then does your theory apply?

The men of the north are polygamysts, keep four women at a time and can divorce as many times as they please, how does her theory not apply.

The truth is that goldiggers come in both genders. Men have traditionally been the providers and women have traditionally been dependent on them. Marriage used to be the only respectable way a women could be taken care of financially. And if a man was exceptionally rich, he could also support several mistresses. So tradition paved the way for women to find their source of livelyhood in a man` s pocket. With this age of women`s lib and emancipation though, we work and make our own money: suddenly marrying a man isn't an absolute necessity.
Women of their own means exist everywhere now and it has been established long ago that money can be used to obtain companionaship (however momentarilly) so it`s only natural that the number of male goldiggers would rise.
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by joey4jo: 7:30am On Dec 06, 2012
^^^
Exactly my point, will he marry on the first ones money and hope to use it to sustain the others? Obviously not, for you to be able to do something like that you gas hustle. So its kind of in their DNA to be the provider and not hope to marry the rich woman, even thoes that marry one woman.
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by pleep(m): 7:33am On Dec 06, 2012
Well... maybe this is evidence that the world is regressing back into a matriarchy.

Either that or you are getting older grin
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by UjSizzle(f): 7:38am On Dec 06, 2012
It works both ways. The purpose of marriage isn't just for raising children in a man's perspective, it's also for support. When that support isn't there anymore, there's a tendency that the relationship becomes weak(not in all cases though).

Men are gold diggers, women are gold diggers, hell it depends on what your 'gold' is.

1 Like

Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by luvmijeje(f): 9:29am On Dec 06, 2012
Abeg wetin I type,wey some people don dey para.
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 06, 2012
Gold diggers? Everyone is a gold digger.it all depends on what u see as 'gold'.

1 Like

Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by pleep(m): 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2012
^ money dude. undecided

That post sounded really clever but it made no sense.
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
Well guys on this forum think gold digging is when a girl asks for airtime LMAO
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by Mynd44: 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2012
mondi_cheeks: Well guys on this forum think gold digging is when a girl asks for airtime LMAO
Lol
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by 1920MaMa: 12:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
joey4jo: Babe, knack your head for wall...

hahaha i got you there. the truth hurts, but somehow we have to say it, bro!
we now work for our own money, men should do same and stop looking for an easy prey to milk on.
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by pleep(m): 12:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
ok lady, I think what has happened here is you got older and now men are only interested in you because you have money.

Thats what it looks like to me, i don't think young chicks are having this problem. undecided
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by 1920MaMa: 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
pleep: ok lady, I think what has happened here is you got older and now men are only interested in you because you have money.

Thats what it looks like to me, i don't think young chicks are having this problem. undecided

hehehe keep guessing, dude. the more you look, the less you see. don't tell me you've not been reading the news, bro. if you haven't, have you not been seeing similar threads on NL?
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by greedie1(f): 5:07pm On Dec 06, 2012
uj_sizzle: It works both ways. The purpose of marriage isn't just for raising children in a man's perspective, it's also for support. When that support isn't there anymore, there's a tendency that the relationship becomes weak(not in all cases though).

Men are gold diggers, women are gold diggers, hell it depends on what your 'gold' is.
me likey cheesy cheesy
Re: Gold Diggers, Who Is Actually Digging, Men Or Women? by claremont(m): 12:14am On Dec 24, 2012
binger: Gold diggers? Everyone is a gold digger.it all depends on what u see as 'gold'.
Right, it's more like trade-by-barter system.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Wish For Ur Ex BF Or EX GF? / What Is Love Really?? / How Do You Show Love To A Working Class Wife/fiancee/girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.