Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target (12778 Views)

Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) / Pregnant Wife Caught With Another Man In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
^LMFSO #Classic
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
ileobatojo:

Yup, the closer they are to the family, the less the blood flow to their loins..

Hehehehehehehehehe,!!!!
Mathematically speaking,the level of closeness to the family is inversely proportional to the venous supply in their nether region

The woman fit sit for im lap collect the sheck sef
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
maclatunji: ^LMFSO #Classic

Ah! Abi no be so?

Baby mama:

Hehehehehehehehehe,!!!!
Mathematically speaking,the level of closeness to the family is inversely proportional to the venous supply in their nether region

The woman fit sit for im lap collect the sheck sef

Walahi, they can conduct this business butt nekkid in the jacuzzi together sef... Nothing go happen. grin
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2012
you people are unkind......
when did mathematical expression enter this ish? the end time is nigh - men should hold tight their wives or lose them to unscrupulous uncles.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Johndoe100(m): 11:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nice to see an honest exchange of opinions here.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Choi! I know I said I was done but it would be ungracious not to respond when someone sees you fit enough to wa epe on your head. cheesy

Me thinks someone has lived in isale Eko tey tey. . .not that there is anything wrong with isale eko mind you but y'all's propensity to curse at the slightest thing has no match in the world. You rep well my dear, sure do them proud. I can almost feel you vibrating like the generator you mentioned with every word. wink

Aiight back to whats what. . .

She says good and bad things happen in a hotel like any other place. . .LIKE ANY OTHER PLACE yet when someone came and listed the bad things that can happen in ANY THE OTHER PLACES, that since we are not trying to throw caution in the wind, let's kukuma safe guard ourselves from those places by not going there. . . like they are suggesting we do with hotels, he was laughed at and derided. . . which makes one wonder, if they understand what they are talking about.

There are people who go to hotels and are not raped, there are people who go to hotels and have been raped.

There are people who go church/mosque and were molested, there are people who go to church and don't get molested.

The reason why the hotel raaapes, murders and kidnappings resonates more is because of the preconceived ideas people already have about HOTELS. That Preconceived idea is the genesis of this debate.

No one is saying don't listen to your husband, no one is saying wave your independence woman card, no one is saying whatever else you have concocted in your tiny little head, what many were saying is how idiotic it is to conclude that someone going to a hotel is automatically in danger. Haba! Who thinks like that in this day and age? Even my grandma who used to think wearing black to sleep is inviting evil spirit won't think like this not to talk of supposedly intelligent albeit eke epe people. Jeez!

They have moved the goal post several times in the course of the debate. . .

A - Hotel means cheating

B - But cheating can be done anywhere.

A - No wait, we meant it is about security, Hotels are full of evil doers, it is a place where various things (Good and Bad) happens.

B - But Anywhere is a place where good and bad things happens

A - (with scarf around waist) Them swear for you? Is your head correct (Y'all thank me for the translation later grin ) May thunder strike you! Aaaah! You are fucking this! You are an imbecilic that! You are hopeless!

B -

. . . .ROTFLMAO!!! cheesy cheesy

Amma stop now! As much as it is nice to have the last say. . .having it by default because they other person had a coronary does not make it sweet and with the way she is. . .Vibrating, I don't wanna risk anything by throwing caution to the wind. tongue cheesy

You get time!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
chaircover:

Just shut it right there. I have indulged you enough. I dont even think you know the meaning of sane with your stuupid arguments. What do you know sef? Your uncle this, your aunty that, your friend this . . . what exactly do you know? apart from third hand stories you hear and regurgitate all over the board.

I know you are well known for picking the opposite side just for the sake of it even if it doesn't make any sense to even you, but ive told you before and I am telling you again, you can fool some of the people some of the time but you cant fool all of the people all of the time. So stop it already, cos its gotten really boring.

I was wondering when that side of you will show up yet again. This was the very same thing you did in one other debate where people came in eventually to get you to stop arguing like a Arrow. Again,

Kobojunkie:

Are you sane at all? Aren't you suggesting that those who stay there are the ones PERPETRATING the violence? If A stays in Hotel CALIFORNIA and B comes to visit C in Hotel CALIFORNIA. If Violence ensures, would A somehow be removed from it in some way? undecided undecided

A better way to help you think . . .if your next door neigbor rapes a girl from another part of the town, will you be removed from this in some way?? undecided undecided undecided
Oh wait, I forgot, you are probably one of the Nigerians in Nigeria who think that people only react when it happens to them and everyone, even foreigners ignore violence when they are not directly affected? undecided :
-\

It is not enough to know how to argue -- even imbe_ciles can do it. Clearly you have no real evidence to back up any of the claims you keep making here, yet you see fit to continue arguing against the reality that Nigerians and foreigners alike, who every single day frequent many of these same hotels in their thousands, have no opinions that suggest that violence in these hotels is anywhere worse than is obtained in anywhere-else Nigeria? Isn't that how to argue insanely? Arguing against evidence that is right before you -- the hotel business in Nigeria continues to experience a boom, and it remains that many Nigerians(especially those of us living abroad) feel safer in many of those hotels we do in our houses and hamlets when we visit Nigeria -- isn't that insane?

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by warrior01: 2:43am On Dec 09, 2012
@kobojunkie, sorry o, but if I may ask, did you personally choose to be stup!d or was it inherited?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 09, 2012
^ Rotfl. grin grin
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2012
chaircover:

. . . You!!!!!! Kobojunkie accusing someone else of arguing like a twattt!!! I laugh in sheratonese grin grin grin

Imagine calling people insane shocked Yet I dont think I am the only who believes that there is anyone more insane on this thread and probably on this whole board more than you.

Ileobatojo asked you where I said that hotels in Nigeria were dangerous but you never answered. . . .i guess you are still thinking about that one

Without mincing words are a bully full stop!!!!. You carefully select people that you "argue" with, quote their posts and go off on a tangent just for the sake of it and no matter how much people try and tell you that you are barking up the wrong tree you carry on with your one sided "argument" trying to look clever even though you actually do end up looking the opposite.

We have been through this before and you didnt back off until I started to get personal with you. Its not my style, but if this is the only language that you understand, then hey, lets go there!

Babe, ileobatojo and couger and even Siena all have different opinions to you, but you didnt go there at all . . . .why because you know that they will string you up, you are a wimp and bully's generally speaking are wimps.

Madam/sir know it all . . . all mouth and no action . . . I ask you again, apart from calling people names on a faceless forum; what have you done for Nigeria? so apart from selljng us your uncle this and aunty that stories and calling everyone else insane and stuupid. Madam/uncle what have you done for Nigeria o! abi is Nairaland "warrioring" a new NGO?

For the third time I am telling you that you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time and many many of us as "stupid" as we are LOL can see right through you. I know your type wella lipsrsealed

I am asking you nicely to get off my back & scoot along.

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Claus(m): 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2012
One side of this argument has been spun so much that I don't think some people know what they're arguing about again.

Simple case, woman being asked to visit her "uncle" to collect a deposit in a hotel in the Nigerian banking context..PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by CNN80: 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
Honestly, with the way insults are traded on this site over inconsequential matters or matters that don't directly affect people, I wonder for our people.

Now, to the matter at hand. Which kind of question is "allow his wife?" Which kind allow? Is she a child? It is very infuriating to see this kind of mentality still lingering amongst men.

This is a simple issue if the couple are as one as they should be.

Wife: Nkem! Do you remember Uncle Eze, my father's friend? He's in town and said if I could come over to his hotel this evening after work, he would give me a check to meet my target.

Husband: Thank God Oh! But, won't it be easier if he just paid it into his account by himself?

Wife: I asked him too but he said he would be busy all day and then will be travelling tomorrow. Of course, I'm making arrangement for one of my colleagues to follow me as usual.

Husband: Okay, that's good. Keep me posted on who is following you there. You know I don't like you staying out late at night by yourself.

OR

Husband: You know what. It will be good if I meet your uncle to thank him myself. After all, he's really helping us out.

Wife: No problem. See you later them. Kisses.

END OF STORY

Why all the vitriol and attacks on people? Whether the uncle has bad mind or not is not the issue, the woman has made proper arrangements as befits a woman with proper thinking faculties. Even as an unmarried woman, if I needed to go out at night, I went out with a group or a male relative/friend. This is a basic step to ensure one's safety. Is marriage suddenly going to make me stupid that I wouldn't know the right thing to do and I need my husband to allow me? Hia!

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by igaro: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
igaro: Is it proper for a guy to allow his wife, a God fearing woman, the leeway to go meet an uncle (not related o, just family friends) at a hotel he's lodged in, simply because he wants to assist her with a deposit into his account which will inturn reflect as a boost on her own target in the bank for that month?

Whoa, Fellas can u imagine?!…it turned out that the Uncle came into Lagos on Dec. 18th, Tuesday for a conference being held at the hotel on the 19th (learnt he was a keynote speaker) and practically ensured that the lady in question sat in the audience throughout the duration of his lecture (on the grounds that being a banker, she should update herself with current trends in the global money/capital markets…imagine grin). Thereafter his presentation and photograph session, he dashed to the car-park with the lady in tow, gave her a hefty cheque, sent his regards to the husband and her kids and zoomed off to catch his flight @ d airport.
Na wa o! tongue
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by CNN80: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
igaro:

Whoa, Fellas can u imagine?!…it turned out that the Uncle came into Lagos on Dec. 18th, Tuesday for a conference being held at the hotel on the 19th (learnt he was a keynote speaker) and practically ensured that the lady in question sat in the audience throughout the duration of his lecture (on the grounds that being a banker, she should update herself with current trends in the global money/capital markets…imagine grin). Thereafter his presentation and photograph session, he dashed to the car-park with the lady in tow, gave her a hefty cheque, sent his regards to the husband and her kids and zoomed off to catch his flight @ d airport.
Na wa o! tongue

See!!!! All these people with bad minds!! Most people could not imagine a genuine situation where a woman would need meet her "Uncle" in a hotel. Oh well, all's well that ends well.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
Lol, Hate to say "I said so" but I did, I even painted a similar scenerio oh.
Toh, When we say most people who live out of town come and stay in hotels get busy and conduct all businesses there they will say na lie.
Thank God we can now see hotel business doesn't automatically mean monkey business. It was even extra beneficial to Madam. So where are all those screaming Hotel roon hotel room oh?
Na wa oh. Let us open our hearts and minds oh, let us stop seeing immediate evil and suspicion in everything.
It is almost the same thing I explained with how we work oh, I have done this so many times too as I earlier explained, when it comes to business better have a professional mind and not personalise it.
Poster, Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2012
igaro:

Na wa o! tongue

Different scenario from your initial post.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2012
Poster didn't post any scenerio oh, Simply asked a question, People saw hotel and jumped and painted worst case scenerio and their own oppinions, Poster simply asked if it was okay for a married woman to meet her uncle in a hotel to collect a cheque as he asked her too.
Some of us said its likely he was busy as is normally the case and as his account officer required this service.
People painted their own picture, not the posters fault

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2012
debrief08: Poster didn't post any scenerio oh, Simply asked a question, People saw hotel and jumped and painted worst case scenerio and their own oppinions, Poster simply asked if it was okay for a married woman to meet her uncle in a hotel to collect a cheque as he asked her too.
Some of us said its likely he was busy as is normally the case and as his account officer required this service.
People painted their own picture, not the posters fault

Sure, whatever makes you happy.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
igaro:

Na wa o! tongue

Gah! I could kisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss you for this update! Heck what is could. . .I am Kissing you for this update kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Thank you! Thank you! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannk you!!

I know it is unseemly to gloat but I don't care

Them call us Naive

Them call us tolotolo

Them call us . . . all the names under the sun, all because we don't subscribe to archaic mentality at the end of the day. . . warrapun? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
^Naive grin

#Confirmed
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
Dude did not even say the time of the day they were to meet ooh! Nada!

Because to some people, Hotel = Place of Sin lipsrsealed , they automatically filled in the gap to fit the scenario!

Abeg where do I go to get the name NAIVE copyrighted?

From now on, I wanna be known as SISI NAIVE KILL

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 4:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji: ^Naive grin

#Confirmed

E pe mi, E pe mi! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
Lol sisi you are a case cheesy cheesy
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

E pe mi, E pe mi! cheesy

LMFSO! Your sense of humour is lovable.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Dude did not even say the time of the day they were to meet ooh! Nada!

Because to some people, Hotel = Place of Sin lipsrsealed , they automatically filled in the gap to fit the scenario!

LOL, yes you are naive. You are projecting- what do you know about me and hotels? #Nothing

And for the record, if I see OP's post a thousand times, my response will still be the same- No!

Until all reasonable doubt is removed will she go to that hotel my naive friend.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Dude did not even say the time of the day they were to meet ooh! Nada!

Will you shut up, effing twàt!? I've corrected and cursed you out over this same issue and here you are acting like a fowl, yet again! You need to be tied up!

Who ever said hotel = sin?? Why are you such a fôôl??

My friend warned me not to go to Borno( boko haram headquarters) because prevention is better than cure. I risked it regardless, went and came back alive with my assignment done. When I got back, I started screaming "in your face" to my friend.

That's me acting like Sisi_kill, a complete dumbo. Jeez!

Oponu.

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
BABE!:

Will you shut up, effing Arrow!? I've corrected and cursed you out over this same issue and here you are acting like a fowl, yet again! You need to be tied up!

Who ever said hotel = sin?? Why are you such a fool??

My friend warned me not to go to Borno( boko haram headquarters) because prevention is better than cure. I risked it regardless, went and came back alive with my assignment done. When I got back, I started screaming "in your face" to my friend.

That's me acting like Sisi_kill, a complete dumbo. Jeez!

Oponu.

I love you too sweeeeri! cheesy cheesy

I think they will drive me out of the Copyright office oh with all the name amma have to copyright.

SISI NAIVE OPONU DUMBO FOWL(although I prefer Tolotolo, it has a certain Zing to it, doncha think? cheesy )KILL.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I love you too sweeeeri! cheesy cheesy

I think they will drive me out of the Copyright office oh with all the name amma have to copyright.

SISI NAIVE OPONU FOWL(although I prefer Tolotolo, it has a certain Zing to it, doncha think? cheesy )KILL.

You're a tool. Keep basking in your stûpidîty. Lost cause!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
igaro:

Na wa o! tongue

jidegirl12: Lol sisi you are a case cheesy cheesy

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
@Sisi_Kill, see special message for Una? Na you dey talk about sin. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Any Special Needs School In Nigeria / My Wife Hates And Starves Her Stepchildren / Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.