Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target (12794 Views)

Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) / Pregnant Wife Caught With Another Man In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by free2ryhme: 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Go back, read my questions to you there. I never jumped to any conclusions. Just wondered why your statements and suggestions all seem to be half-witted in that the women here is pretended to be some precious commodity(after marriage) that even her own uncle, who probably was a dear relative before marriage, is made to seem a VICIOUS MONSTER out to get her, simply because she is now married.

Respect does not mean "DO NOT MEET YOUR UNCLE IN A HOTEL". All around the world, business deals are made, issues are resolved, heck company employees meet up each day, but God forbid your wife goes to meet her uncle who is in a hotel for some reason(maybe even a valid one), it means she has lost all respect? WOW!!

I mean what I see are people INSECURE in their marriages projecting their insecurities on everyone else their partner has to deal with rather than facing the very issue which is typically lack of trust.
pls dnt get d fact dat she is marrid has change so many tins and dat she is accountable 2 her husband. Also she commands a degree of respect which her uncle must accord 2 her as his niece. All in d name of check 2 meet her target 4 wat? He can b d big broda and bring d check 2 her house. Do u fink dat d husband wld b plsd dat his wife is visitin her uncle in an hotel
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2012
Siena:
Next time, rather than be so bullish, make sure you state you're trying to impose your opinion on others, rather than merely expressing a different opinion, and leaving it at that. Lies are told for two main reasons - the liar's trying to sell you something, or is afraid of you. Neither of these apply to me.
[/quote]
Storyland! You lied, and I just called you out on it!

Siena:
What are you comparing here?? A scenario whereby your cousins or nieces come to visit you in a hotel, to the topic here, whereby an "uncle" requests a married female banker visits him in a hotel, so he can hand over a cheque? He knows she's vulnerable, and has targets to meet, so is most likely desparate to agree to his terms. Are there any similarities between your scenario, and the topic of this thread?

And since you've missed one point that was emphasized by the OP in the opening post, this "uncle" is not the sort of uncle you're thinking of - "family friend, NOT related."

1) My cousins, nieces and nephews, many of them happen to be married.
2) I happen to be a sort of "Uncle" to most of them
3) By your assessment they are also vulnerable . . . I mean they are showing up, sometimes in my room, to pick up what it is I have for them.

Now you continue to tell me how unsimilar these cases are . . . .

Siena:
So "uncle's" going to hand over the cheque in the lobby, right?
WOW . . you mean there is no way for uncle to hand over a cheque in the lobby? Are you sure you are not projecting here? It almost sounds like you expect the man to be guilty even before you have learnt anything of who he is, or what he will do or has done.

Siena:
Helping her?? Who's account is the cheque going to fund? His, or hers? He's not helping her. She's vulnerable, and he's taking advantage. By you saying he's "helping" her, you're suggesting she should be grateful enough to jump through hoops, because he holds the four aces?

Little wonder the average female banker is under so much pressure.

WOW . . . . we might as well throw the book at him. He is a monster from the way you seem to think and will definitely mo_lest her. Case closed, abi? Even before meeting up, he has probably ra_ped her because he asked her to show up at the hotel to collect cheque oo!!
"That evil pervert"
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
free2ryhme: pls dnt get d fact dat she is marrid has change so many tins and dat she is accountable 2 her husband. Also she commands a degree of respect which her uncle must accord 2 her as his niece. All in d name of check 2 meet her target 4 wat? He can b d big broda and bring d check 2 her house. Do u fink dat d husband wld b plsd dat his wife is visitin her uncle in an hotel

Stop going around in circles saying nothing. You have yet to respond appropriately to the questions I have asked of your own statements so I don't see the sense in you continue to repeat them as if they are suddenly new.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

married women should not be shackled - the husband should just fold his hands and let things play out. never mind the fact that if anything happens, the society would want to know where the husband was when this happened. the in-laws would want to know how a responsible man would allow his wife to take such tasks - the same nigerians would say the hubby probably sent his wife to go pröstitute herself....if the wife gets hurt as a result or even die - the husband would be the one heartbroken for the rest of his life and yet he dares not stop his wife from putting herself in harm's way......

nigerian women - i hail thee!

The irony is that some of the ladies here that post some of these ridiculous ideas would jump like an Orangutan if their husband asked them to. Yet they feed us with feminist crap here daily- abeg! We are not saying you are slaves but for God's sake, there are responsibilities attached to being married. The married ladies wouldn't stay married if they did half of the things they boast about here- I just pity the naive single ones that believe the hype to their own detriment.

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by armyofone(m): 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2012
Aren't you being double standard eh? Here is a woman who is in need of money and someone is offering her the money-OP didn't say she will be collecting the money in the 'hotel bedroom' or at midnight.

that's why we pray to marry guys with real head on their shoulder. a real man with good and real head on his shoulder should be able to provide for his lady. maybe money for doing business etc madam here is working hard, spare her jo grin

maclatunji:

Yeah sure! He will just write her the cheque at the hotel restaurant and thank her for her banking services. It is this kind of naivety that occasioned that Cynthia girl's death. It is obvious majority of you cannot be trusted to take rational decisions when it really matters- so much for your much talked about intelligence!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

You're getting it wrong. It's not about cheating. Cheating is secondary in this matter (assuming the woman is faithful). The primary issue is her safety!

The possibility of her getting r-a-p-Ed or worst of all, killed while having lunch at 'Mama Cass' is incredibly lower than her being in a super seclusive environment such as a hotel room.

Most kidnappers and evil doers do their deeds in such environments. When there are other options available, hotel rooms should be scratched.

Are you minding her? She reminds me of the sheep that ignored its shepherd's warning only to be devoured by the wolf. #Naive

I know you are intelligent but come on!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2012
I said it . . some folks believe that once a woman is married, her brain drops out on the way back to the man's house. The same brain that has served her growing up in the same Nigeria and the same wild streets, suddenly drops out of her skull when she is married and she then becomes sheep that needs to be led everywhere.

The woman may have been collecting checks and payments from her customers at hotels, homes, etc, for years. She probably has a business that she runs that way, but once we hear she is married, she becomes a half-wit that needs to be shepherded.

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2012
armyofone: Aren't you being double standard eh? Here is a woman who is in need of money and someone is offering her the money-OP didn't say she will be collecting the money in the 'hotel bedroom' or at midnight.

that's why we pray to marry guys with real head on their shoulder. a real man with good and real head on his shoulder should be able to provide for his lady. maybe money for doing business etc madam here is working hard, spare her jo grin

Read my comments here https://www.nairaland.com/1121746/wud-u-want-ur-2
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2012
The drama in this thread is more manufactured than real. Isn't it an incredibly common scenario for these men to try to obtain sexual favors from women in exchange for helping them meet their quota? I think it is safe to assume this will be the same situation until proven otherwise. Even if it's never happened before sef, it is still safe to assume that a man asking a lady to come alone to his hotel room to obtain a favor relating to his money may try to sleep with her. Sometimes forcefully. Some sick men may even assume that your mere presence in the room automatically means you want it. Why put oneself in such a position?

If the meeting will be in the lobby or other public space then fine. If in the room, go with a chaperone. Or a weapon.

As to the husband allowing her or not, why should he allow her put herself in harms way if she came to seek his approval first? If she's asking her husband about it, it may mean she has her fears or is very naive and in that case why can't the hubby provide guidance? There's no reason why they can't both decide together that she meet in the hotel lobby or bust. Or that she go with someone.

All the indignation about the husband 'allowing' her is really not necessary in this case. He's not doing it just to prove his manly lordship over her but to keep her from potential harm.

I'm sure the problem in this thread is not that everyone cannot see the potential harm in meeting an unrelated man in his hotel room for a 'financial favor'. So why the drama?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

The irony is that some of the ladies here that post some of these ridiculous ideas would jump like an Orangutan if their husband asked them to. Yet they feed us with feminist crap here daily- abeg! We are not saying you are slaves but for God's sake, there are responsibilities attached to being married. The married ladies wouldn't stay married if they did half of the things they boast about here- I just pity the naive single ones that believe the hype to their own detriment.

everyone is a king kong on the internet - most of them are handwashing skid marks off their spouses' boxers as we speak but they would come on here and ptyalise piffle. how many of these women saying the men are insecure would allow their "faithful" husbands meet up a female in the hotel? answers on a postcard, please.........

it's not even the cheating that is a problem - it's the safety! nigerian women are not protected in nigeria and how she's been living her life before marriage is irrelevant to me - she was her dad's responsibility then - right now, the duty of care n her security are with me. should something happen, who would bear the brunt?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by victorian(f): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2012
I dont understand why the women on this post are so foolishly naive or foolishly stubborn to recognize the fact that u cannot trust a man in a hotel room, that wants to give u his money and won't touch?...oh please spare me... At my office building, on the 1st floor, am the one heading Phcn bills there.. There is a particular office, I went to see the md to make him aware of some errors in our bill, and when he saw me walked into his personal office,he quickly stood smile , shook my hands and I told him what I came for. During my short talk with him, his gaze was at my boobs, then face and will shake his head in agreement to what am saying.. As I stood up to leave, he smiles again and said pls permit me to hug you,one rarely sees a pretty babe like u all the time. Before I cud say wait, he grabbed me and hugged me tight, just to feel my boobs on his chest, an old man o... angry.. I was pissed,I couldn't push him roughly make I no commit murder, I just felt numb, by the time he let go, I quickly walkd out of his office, vowing not to go their alone again.... Then how much more hotel room!
Like someone said, in this post... The women are expecting and wishing to be raped.... No wahala,,it's their call not mine..I protect my body like gold.

1 Like

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2012
victorian: I dont understand why the women on this post are so foolishly naive or foolishly stubborn to recognize the fact that u cannot trust a man in a hotel room, that wants to give u his money and won't touch?...oh please spare me... At my office building, on the 1st floor, am the one heading Phcn bills there.. There is a particular office, I went to see the md to make him aware of some errors in our bill, and when he saw me walked into his personal office,he quickly stood smile , shook my hands and I told him what I came for. During my short talk with him, his gaze was at my boobs, then face and will shake his head in agreement to what am saying.. As I stood up to leave, he smiles again and said pls permit me to hug you,one rarely sees a pretty babe like u all the time. Before I cud say wait, he grabbed me and hugged me tight, just to feel my boobs on his chest, an old man o... angry.. I was pissed,I couldn't push him roughly make I no commit murder, I just felt numb, by the time he let go, I quickly walkd out of his office, vowing not to go their alone again.... Then how much more hotel room!
Like someone said, in this post... The women are expecting and wishing robe raped.... No wahala,,it's their call not mine..I protect like body like gold.

a) The @OP never mentioned a hotel room

b) You were molested, not in a hotel room, but in an office.

c) I am also guessing you did not think it your place to register a complaint of this to the right authorities so that, if in the future, someone with a heart decided to go after monkeys like that, that man will definitely get his comeuppance?

Should we ban women from offices as well? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: Storyland! You lied, and I just called you out on it!

I lied about what? What's your definition of a lie?

Kobojunkie: 1) My cousins, nieces and nephews, many of them happen to be married.
2) I happen to be a sort of "Uncle" to most of them
3) By your assessment they are also vulnerable . . . I mean they are showing up, sometimes in my room, to pick up what it is I have for them.

Now you continue to tell me how unsimilar these cases are . . . .

It's all coming out now...first they were your nieces and cousins. Now, you happen to be a "sort of uncle to most of them." Make up your mind - you're either an uncle, or you're not. Regardless, your nieces and cousins visiting you in a hotel are doing just that - visiting you, not in a "working capacity." I'm sure your nieces and cousins don't need to visit you in order to pick up cheques in order to meet targets.

Kobojunkie: WOW . . you mean there is no way for uncle to hand over a cheque in the lobby? Are you sure you are not projecting here? It almost sounds like you expect the man to be guilty even before you have learnt anything of who he is, or what he will do or has done.

LMAO...you make me laugh. So one has to wait until the "uncle" makes a move? One thing hasn't been answered - why couldn't he just transfer the funds electronically? Okay, let's assume he's not computer savvy, or doesn't trust electronic transfer - what stops him from taking the cheque to the bank, handing it over that way? And please, drop the "he's doing her a favour" card. The money's going into HIS account, not hers. So what favour is he doing her?

I know MALE bankers / marketers, as friends. They don't get elected to go retrieve cheques from old men in hotels, the pretty ladies are elected instead. Some of these rich old men have enough clout to say who THEY wish to come pick their checks up. Ever wondered why?

Kobojunkie: WOW . . . . we might as well throw the book at him. He is a monster from the way you seem to think and will definitely mo_lest her. Case closed, abi? Even before meeting up, he has probably ra_ped her because he asked her to show up at the hotel to collect cheque oo!!

Throw the book at him? How dramatic can you get? The OP asked a question, I gave my input. It is NOT appropriate for a male client to request a female banker / marketer to his hotel, to collect a cheque. This cheque could well be paid in over the counter, or transferred electronically. We're talking Nigeria, where nothing's done for free, and this lady would be expected to scratch some old "uncle's" hairy back in exchange for him handing over a cheque to fund HIS own account.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2012
victorian: I dont understand why the women on this post are so foolishly naive or foolishly stubborn to recognize the fact that u cannot trust a man in a hotel room, that wants to give u his money and won't touch?...oh please spare me... At my office building, on the 1st floor, am the one heading Phcn bills there.. There is a particular office, I went to see the md to make him aware of some errors in our bill, and when he saw me walked into his personal office,he quickly stood smile , shook my hands and I told him what I came for. During my short talk with him, his gaze was at my boobs, then face and will shake his head in agreement to what am saying.. As I stood up to leave, he smiles again and said pls permit me to hug you,one rarely sees a pretty babe like u all the time. Before I cud say wait, he grabbed me and hugged me tight, just to feel my boobs on his chest, an old man o... angry.. I was pissed,I couldn't push him roughly make I no commit murder, I just felt numb, by the time he let go, I quickly walkd out of his office, vowing not to go their alone again.... Then how much more hotel room!
Like someone said, in this post... The women are expecting and wishing robe raped.... No wahala,,it's their call not mine..I protect like body like gold.

tell them......

ileobatojo: The drama in this thread is more manufactured than real. Isn't it an incredibly common scenario for these men to try to obtain sexual favors from women in exchange for helping them meet their quota. I think it is safe to assume this will be the same situation until proven otherwise. Even if it's never happened before sef, it is still safe to assume that a man asking a lady to come alone to his hotel room to obtain a favor relating to his money may try to sleep with her. Sometimes forcefully. Some sick men may even assume that your mere presence in the room automatically means you want it. Why put oneself in such a position?

If the meeting will be in the lobby or other public space then fine. If in the room, go with a chaperone. Or a weapon.

As to the husband allowing her or not, why should he allow her put herself in harms way if she came to seek his approval first? If she's asking her husband about it, it may mean she has her fears or is very naive and in that case why can't the hubby provide guidance? There's no reason why they can't both decide together that she meet in the hotel lobby or bust. Or that she go with someone.

All the indignation about the husband 'allowing' her is really not necessary in this case. He's not doing it just to prove his manly lordship over her but to keep her from potential harm.

I'm sure the problem in this thread is not that everyone cannot see the potential harm in meeting an unrelated man in his hotel room for a 'financial favor'. So why the drama?

mama biology, you are criminally biased against women. grin
nigerian women have brains now and power to wrestle a räpist and even kill him. there's no harm at all. the security system is also effective - you speed dial and the police come en masse to rescue any victim of a sëxual attack.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
armyofone: Aren't you being double standard eh? Here is a woman who is in need of money and someone is offering her the money-OP didn't say she will be collecting the money in the 'hotel bedroom' or at midnight.

She's in need of money, and "someone's" offering her the money? I don't get you. Offering her the money as a gift, or to fund HIS own account??
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by victorian(f): 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why meet in a hotel? If the uncle doesn't have the intention of telling the receptionist to direct her to his room.... All he had to say come to my office, if his intentions are clean... But as it is office sef is also no safe ground....am always wary , when am in contact with a guy..... One nearly raped me in my office, as I was rounding up to go home...I had to warn him with a stern voice that I will scream so loud, the guards will come up,and beat him up, before he lets go of me...
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by armyofone(m): 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2012
@ coogar

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, who still hand washes in this age? Skid marks? do you have that? tongue grin oya open it let's see. with all those fancy toilet paper and moistened wipes, you still talking skids? now i gotta throway this snail stew with uncle sam's rice for trash shocked

where is my boots sef, off for training...carry on cheesy
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2012
Siena: It's all coming out now...first they were your nieces and cousins. Now, you happen to be a "sort of uncle to most of them." Make up your mind - you're either an uncle, or you're not. Regardless, your nieces and cousins visiting you in a hotel are doing just that - visiting you, not in a "working capacity." I'm sure your nieces and cousins don't need to visit you in order to pick up cheques in order to meet targets.

WOW . . . I am going with "You are not daft" so I can continue to try to reach you.

um . . when you have nieces and nephews and you happen to be man, you are auto-magically an uncle. That is how it works.

Also, are you now saying that only those who visit people in hotels in "working capacity" get bad things happen to them? If that is the case, we are not told here that the woman is WORKING so she should be fine. What are you afraid of?

Siena: LMAO...you make me laugh. So one has to wait until the "uncle" makes a move? One thing hasn't been answered - why couldn't he just transfer the funds electronically? Okay, let's assume he's not computer savvy, or doesn't trust electronic transfer - what stops him from taking the cheque to the bank, handing it over that way? And please, drop the "he's doing her a favour" card. The money's going into HIS account, not hers. So what favour is he doing her?

Now you are talking. So Everyone is guilty until proven innocent? Or does this only apply to people you need to meet in hotels?
As to your questions, why not HOLD OFF ON the JUDGEMENT until you have enough information to work with? You are not here asking the @OP any additional questions to get a better picture, but you have been QUICK to CONCLUDE the man is a PERV. Isn't that interesting?

Siena:
I know MALE bankers / marketers, as friends. They don't get elected to go retrieve cheques from old men in hotels, the pretty ladies are elected instead. Some of these rich old men have enough clout to say who THEY wish to come pick their checks up. Ever wondered why?
Are we now assuming she is a banker?
Siena:
Throw the book at him? How dramatic can you get? The OP asked a question, I gave my input. It is NOT appropriate for a male client to request a female banker / marketer to his hotel, to collect a cheque. This cheque could well be paid in over the counter, or transferred electronically. We're talking Nigeria, where nothing's done for free, and this lady would be expected to scratch some old "uncle's" hairy back in exchange for him handing over a cheque to fund HIS own account.
WOW . . again with the he is old and guilty assertions.!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2012
victorian: Why meet in a hotel? If the uncle doesn't have the intention of telling the receptionist to direct her to his room.... All he had to say come to my office, if his intentions are clean... But as it is office sef is also no safe ground....am always wary , when am in contact with a guy..... One nearly raped me in my office, as I was rounding up to go home...I had to warn him with a stern voice that I will scream so loud, the guards will come up,and beat him up, before he lets go of me...

Why not a hotel? If you were invited to a hotel like Sheraton to meet a client, would you also assume the same? I am just curious here.

Since you do not trust going to meet clients/people in offices and even in hotels, where do you meet them? In your own home? You mean if you invite someone in your own home that person cannot do you harm in that place too? Do you stop working completely since that is what should follow given you are here suggesting women not go to hotels to meet family, friend or client.

I understand that many people are working with paranoia here and to an extent there is reason for it, but the way you deal with it is what? To shackle and essentially debilitate your life because of your fears that one day harm might meet up with you?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
victorian: Why meet in a hotel? If the uncle doesn't have the intention of telling the receptionist to direct her to his room.... All he had to say come to my office, if his intentions are clean... But as it is office sef is also no safe ground....am always wary , when am in contact with a guy..... One nearly raped me in my office, as I was rounding up to go home...I had to warn him with a stern voice that I will scream so loud, the guards will come up,and beat him up, before he lets go of me...

you have spoken well, victorian...
it's clear you understand the terrain. the majority of the people seeing male chauvinism in this case are not residing in nigeria or some of them are just empty-headed. in the developed world, a woman can go anywhere - there are laws protecting them and most culprits get caught if the case is reported.

nigeria is different - the laws are not enforced!
women get räped everyday in that country. these marketing babes were carefully selected in the first place to attract male investors - it's almost indirect prostitutiön in some financial institutions in nigeria! any married woman that allows herself to be lured into a lion's den especially in nigeria has herself to blame!

armyofone: @ coogar
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, who still hand washes in this age? Skid marks? do you have that? tongue grin oya open it let's see. with all those fancy toilet paper and moistened wipes, you still talking skids? now i gotta throway this snail stew with uncle sam's rice for trash shocked

where is my boots sef, off for training...carry on cheesy

armyofone, stop fronting.....
we know your types jor - come online to talk a good game only to wash n scrub for boyfriends. you want me to open what exactly for you to see? don't worry - i have your captain's contact number with me - i hope he sends you to a peacekeeping force in congo.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by maclatunji: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2012
Siena:

I lied about what? What's your definition of a lie?

It's all coming out now...first they were your nieces and cousins. Now, you happen to be a "sort of uncle to most of them." Make up your mind - you're either an uncle, or you're not. Regardless, your nieces and cousins visiting you in a hotel are doing just that - visiting you, not in a "working capacity." I'm sure your nieces and cousins don't need to visit you in order to pick up cheques in order to meet targets.

LMAO...you make me laugh. So one has to wait until the "uncle" makes a move? One thing hasn't been answered - why couldn't he just transfer the funds electronically? Okay, let's assume he's not computer savvy, or doesn't trust electronic transfer - what stops him from taking the cheque to the bank, handing it over that way? And please, drop the "he's doing her a favour" card. The money's going into HIS account, not hers. So what favour is he doing her?

My brother, there is a particular bank which if you enter any upscale branch, you will wonder whether you are in a beauty pageant. I guess it is all part of a "positive" banking experience.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . . I am going with "You are not daft" so I can continue to try to reach you.

um . . when you have nieces and nephews and you happen to be man, you are auto-magically an uncle. That is how it works.

I would like to presume you're not daft either. An uncle is very different from "sort of an uncle." Your words, not mine.

Kobojunkie: Are we now assuming she is a banker?

Oh yeah? Deposit...cheque...meet her deposit target...

I reckon she's a Stone Mason.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
Siena:

I would like to presume you're not daft either. An uncle is very different from "sort of an uncle." Your words, not mine.

The word uncle means uncle. I use a "sort of" there because I feel more a friend to many of them than an uncle.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2012
coogar:

mama biology, you are criminally biased against women. grin

Ah! It seems so o!!

coogar:

nigerian women have brains now and power to wrestle a räpist and even kill him. there's no harm at all. the security system is also effective - you speed dial and the police come en masse to rescue any victim of a sëxual attack.

O ga o. Even me that I mentioned weapon sef, I fit myself? I one swift flick of the wrist and the gun is out of my hand. Next thing I know the deed is over.

Single or married, this scenario comes with potential for great risk. We don't have to fight over nothing abeg.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

So in your estimation, going to the hotel by this wife is "appropriate". This thread is becoming classic, you ladies are providing us with "uncommon wisdom". After the deed is done, she will be looking for the husband's understanding- abi?

Errr. . .the point is how to you guys, HOTEL automatically means something bad.. . THAT is the point. Many successfully businesses have been conducted in hotels. I mean you do know that Rooms are not the only places hotels have right? That there are conference rooms, Dining rooms etc.

Just asking.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2012

Can you read at all, ma'am? Offering who money? It's not like she needs the money itself! It's for her to meet some target . Nawa.

Kobojunkie: I said it . . some folks believe that once a woman is married, her brain drops out on the way back to the man's house. The same brain that has served her growing up in the same Nigeria and the same wild streets, suddenly drops out of her skull when she is married and she then becomes sheep that needs to be led everywhere.

The woman may have been collecting checks and payments from her customers at hotels, homes, etc, for years. She probably has a business that she runs that way, but once we hear she is married, she becomes a half-wit that needs to be shepherded.
]

I'm surprised that anyone (married or single) living in Nigeria will insist there's nothing wrong in "hotel meet ups" in this kidnapping and festive season.
Cynthia's case didn't teach most people a lesson, apparently.

Kobojunkie, it's not about her being married. This applies to everyone. Stop focusing on the marriage part, that's not the issue here.

The issue is safety and common sense. She's been doing it before, so what? She's been getting away with it, so what? That means she should keep at it? Everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner. No one is saying something bad is DEFINITELY going to befall her, but there's a chance something will and that's enough for her to stay away from such meetings. There're other places to collect a check for jupiter's sake. No be ordinary check? It's not as if it's a 'Ghana must go' full of Awolowos.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by coogar: 8:37pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

My brother, there is a particular bank which if you enter any upscale branch, you will wonder whether you are in a beauty pageant. I guess it is all part of a "positive" banking experience.

it's the employer's market in nigeria.
there's no law protecting the employees - it's a jungle out there.....most of these marketing babes were just recruited for one purpose: seduce rich men to invest! it doesn't matter the hour of the day the client wants to be met - the female must meet him to realise her target and yet all those useless idiotic women protection NGOs cannot do anything to protect this modern day pröstitution!
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2012
maclatunji:

I thought it might be something like that bro.
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

You're getting it wrong. It's not about cheating. Cheating is secondary in this matter (assuming the woman is faithful). The primary issue is her safety!

The possibility of her getting r-a-p-Ed or worst of all, killed while having lunch at 'Mama Cass' is incredibly lower than her being in a super seclusive environment such as a hotel room.

Most kidnappers and evil doers do their deeds in such environments. When there are other options available, hotel rooms should be scratched.

What the waaaa. . .okay, we obviously need to go back to primary 1 school level. . .abi which class was it we were taught PART OF A HOUSE? I think we need another lesson on PARTS OF A HOTEL coz apparently, some people think it is just rooms they have in hotels.

So who wants to take up this magnanimous cause? Your reward is in heaven! cheesy
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Dec 06, 2012
BABE!:

I'm surprised that anyone (married or single) living in Nigeria will insist there's nothing wrong in "hotel meet ups" in this kidnapping and festive season.
Cynthia's case didn't teach most people a lesson, apparently.

Kobojunkie, it's not about her being married. This applies to everyone. Stop focusing on the marriage part, that's not the issue here.

The issue is safety and common sense. She's been doing it before, so what? She's been getting away with it, so what? That means she should keep at it? Everyday is for the thief, one day is for the owner. No one is saying something bad is DEFINITELY going to befall her, but there's a chance something will and that's enough for her to stay away from such meetings. There're other places to collect a check for jupiter's sake. No be ordinary check? It's not as if it's a 'Ghana must go' full of Awolowos.

Here is a newsflash for you. Everyday business deals, meets-ups happen across Nigerian in hotels. If you want to bar yourself from going to hotels because you are afraid you might get ra_ped then that is your lot in life but know this, as we speak, billions of Nigeria's money exchange hands between reputable partners even, in hotels across Nigeria, and no, they do not all happen in hotel rooms. Many hotels have conference rooms, meetings rooms, lobby areas were many of these deals take place.

Now for your Cynthia reference, how many of those cases have you read of in just 2012 alone? Now when you consider the number, divide it by the number of women in Nigeria( say 50 million) what do you get? What does that tell you of the probably of what happened to Cynthia happening to women in general in that country?

I am not the one focusing on being married here. Many of you have put that forth as reason for why she should not go, and all I have done is try to get you all to think how stupid that line of reasoning really is.

When you talk of safety, we have so far established that a woman can be ra_ped even in her own office. I mean we have someone here who did not go to a hotel but to see a client in an office and got molested. So if safety is the issue here, should we then ban women from going out entirely? Heck, we cannot say for sure that if the uncle shows up to her house instead that he would not ra_pe her there if that was his intention. So we could say that for safety reasons, women should be barred from seeing any man that she is not married to, abi?

Essentially the chances of something bad happening to a Nigerian woman anywhere is almost same. She could get raped in a hotel(according to most of you), we know from the experience of the one there that the office is not safe, and bringing the rap_ist home instead would probably not be safer. So, what is the conclusion? That women should not see anyone because Nigeria is unsafe?
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by SisiKill1: 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2012
Oh by the way, can we also include lessons on how a Hotel is not always seedy place where kidnappers and raaapist, just chillax and wait for their next victim? Apparently some people think we are taking about some Forest in the depths of villagers here.

Again, you shall be greatly rewarded. cheesy

On second thoughts, I prolly shouldn't be too harsh...because peoples' perception about things is almost always based on what they recognize, so if all you have ever seen are seedy hotels where kidnappers and rapist hang out, it is only proper to think that's how all hotels are. Thank goodness for the internet, nowadays you don't have to actually be somewhere to experience it. A Quick Google search of HOTELS is all ya need. cheesy
Re: Wife Wants To Meet An Uncle In A Hotel For Cheque To Meet Her Deposit Target by BABE3: 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

What the waaaa. . .okay, we obviously need to go back to primary 1 school level. . .abi which class was it we were taught PART OF A HOUSE? I think we need another lesson on PARTS OF A HOTEL coz apparently, some people think it is just rooms they have in hotels.

So who wants to take up this magnanimous cause? Your reward is in heaven! cheesy

Oh please. Where else is it gonna be? Lobby? Pffft! Nigerian men. . . Yell yh it's gonna be in his damn room.
Giving me silly terminologies, you go work on being less naive.

When the evil deed is done, they will start crying foul.

At least I'm happy I brought you back on track, coz you were busy talking about her cheating asif that's the crux of the matter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.