Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,196 members, 7,860,290 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 (957 Views)

Amaechi Says "It's Our Turn To Rig"; Secures 1,200 Soldiers For March 19 Rerun / I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu / North Should Start Grooming Jonathan’s Successor In 2019 – Ahmadu Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2012
If the North isn't ready to present a credible candidate like Buhari, Ribadu etc.. They should forget 2015!

If they bank on some "it's our turn" attitude to get them the presidency in 2015, the SW will vote for another Southerner even if it means Jonathan again.

People don't want to hear that it is our turn mantra again! Jonathan was a favourite candidate in the last election in south because of the attitude of the North towards him when Yaradua got sick.

The situation became a case of North vs South and people already viewed the North as imperialist who think only they deserve to lead Nigeria. This caused so much US VS THEM sentiments which cost Buhari the Election.

Had the north easily allow Jonathan to take over after Yaradua got ill, the sentiment of North vs South wouldn't have brought Jonathan to power. To make matters worst, Jonathan capitalized on that since people already pitied him for the way Turai behaved to him swinging more emotions against the North. When Jonatha stated he had no shoes, situation became a case of "Look how they are treating the poor man". And in Nigeria, the poor majority don't want to hear that one rich man is directly oppressing a poor man. The rich man will be hated!! Jonathan became the poor man and the North became the rich man! Emotions were intense!!

If the North stop their entitlement attitude, people will not take it as North vs South which will always bring the south to win!

Just my 2cents for their political think tanks!

Buhari 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by joey4jo: 2:48pm On Dec 06, 2012
Guy knack your head for wall.
Buhari is too old and don't have the_____ (fill the gap) to lead this country to where it needs to be. IMO
We need someone young with the brains and vision, someone intelligent and smart. Someone in present day politics that knows the in and outs. Fashola is more a credible candidate to me. He's the only candidate, maybe rochas and ermmm... I gus that's it.
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2012
joey4jo: Guy knack your head for wall.
Buhari is too old and don't have the_____ (fill the gap) to lead this country to where it needs to be. IMO
We need someone young with the brains and vision, someone intelligent and smart. Someone in present day politics that knows the in and outs. Fashola is more a credible candidate to me. He's the only candidate, maybe rochas and ermmm... I gus that's it.

Vote for me naaaaa!!!! I'm young and can lead Nigeria to heaven with my "I must pop champagne" mind set!!

When people say they want someone young and with a vision, they forget to take in to consideration Nigeria's situation!!

We don't need a young person to lead Nigeria!!! Jonathan nko? seriously use your god given brain for once and stop letting popular mantras rule your life!

Age is nothing but number but some experience and wisdom only come with time not with intelligence!!
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by joey4jo: 2:59pm On Dec 06, 2012
Why don't you use your brain! I listed people who I believe are candidates for the job, I don't see GEJ there.. Ease up on the insult..
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 06, 2012
joey4jo: Why don't you use your brain! I listed people who I believe are candidates for the job, I don't see GEJ there.. Ease up on the insult..

You only gave Fashola and said you listed people!!

Fashola can be vice president under Buhari with different roles in the country!!

Fashola is not ripe for presidency!! Nigeria is more than Lagos you know!!

And I'm a Yoruba but will say, Fashola is not ready by 2015! Let him leave office, after 4 years, we should see all his deeds come open. If he is corrupt, we will know, if he sold Lagos to IMF, we will know!!!

He is not RIPE!!!! He can be vice under Buhari!!

We need someone that will set a standard of zero tolerance for corruption bro..

And I'm not cursing you neither did I!!
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by kunlekunle: 5:32am On Dec 07, 2012
0lumide:

Fashola can be vice president under Buhari with different roles in the country!!

And I'm a Lagos indigene but will say, Fashola is not ready by 2015! Let him leave office, after 4 years, we should see all his deeds come open. If he is corrupt, we will know, if he sold Lagos to IMF, we will know!!!

cheers man
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 07, 2012
you guys should relax, the north will probably be walking out or would already have by 2015
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by tawa89(f): 8:47am On Dec 07, 2012
Lol
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by tawa89(f): 8:51am On Dec 07, 2012
DivideUs: you guys should relax, the north will probably be walking out or would already have by 2015
. Imagine the imperial north losing 2015 election. They will beg us to go our separate our ways lol
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by tawa89(f): 8:55am On Dec 07, 2012
0lumide:

And I'm a Lagos indigene but will say, Fashola is not ready by 2015! Let him leave office, after 4 years, we should see all his deeds come open. If he is corrupt, we will know, if he sold Lagos to IMF, we will know!!!

0lumide:

0lumide:

. Wow. Can't believe I'm reading this from ​you. Wot happened to d tribalist bigot *no offense* we are used to here
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 23, 2012
tawa89: [color=#006600][/color]. Wow. Can't believe I'm reading this from ​you. Wot happened to d tribalist bigot *no offense* we are used to here

Are you normal? Have I ever been tribalist?

Ode
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by Gbawe: 7:56am On Dec 24, 2012
Olumide, I don't think any sort of entitlement 'attitude' from the North can make GEJ retain the Presidency in 2015. He has simply been a very woeful, callous, highly ineffective and hideously corrupt President to the extent Nigerians, if still a sane people, have no choice but to seek alternatives. He is an embarrassment who falls far below what Sao Tome should even seek to be a district commissioner let alone President.

I would even expect the PDP ,callous as the Party is, to read the mood of the Nation and Africa by showing more ambition to deny a total empty barrel , i.e GEJ, the chance to embarrass Nigeria further. Anything else, even with some displaying 'born to rule' arrogance, just means Nigerians deserve their suffering as a politically unsophisticated people always happy to cut their nose to spite their face.

Look around you. Positive minimal standards are coming to stay throughout Africa that means mediocrities like GEJ don't get the chance to wreak havoc via gaining positions they simply do not deserve. If GEJ remains beyond 2015, don't blame the North. Blame Nigerians because a 2015 win for GEJ would confirm we are a mentally sick and aberrant people who cannot learn from personal hardship and all that is going on around us in the wider world.
Re: The North should not let "our turn" attitude make Jonathan win 2015 by Demdem(m): 8:03am On Dec 24, 2012
Any good thing that comes up that doesn't have the retardeen in the equation for presidency is ok by me. Be it from north south, east, west etc.

(1) (Reply)

Bot CHAIRMANSHIP: Obasanjo Confronts President Jonathan / BREAKING NEWS: Maiduguri Boils Again / Soyinka’s Valentine Letter To Africa’s First Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.