Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu (30820 Views)

Buhari Should Make Jonathan’s Mistakes, Says Omokri / I Did Everything To Make Jonathan Clean Ogoniland But He Refused – Amaechi / Senate President: Tinubu Frustrated As Saraki Emerges Front-runner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by fkaz(m): 5:58am On Mar 15, 2015
National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has revealed that he was instrumental to the victory of President Goodluck Jonathan in the 2011 general elections.
He said this yesterday during the Ndigbo APC governorship rally held at the Onikan Stadium, La­gos.

His words: “In 2011, I helped Jonathan become President because he made us believe he was a breath of fresh air. I didn’t say be­cause he was from Bayelsa that I would not help him. We voted for him because he promised to make our lives better. But now, he has failed us.”

He called on the Igbo liv­ing in Lagos to support the APC to continue reaping the dividends of democ­racy. He urged them not to allow politics of tribe and religion to influence their decision at the polls.

“Igbo have lived here for years, and nobody has discriminated against them. No one would fight them because they are based in their land. No one can de­termine the tribe or fam­ily where he is born; it is only God that can do that.

Therefore, everyone must be treated with equality and respect. Today, Nige­ria is no longer safe. But because election is now approaching, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has remembered you. Can they give Igbo shops in Lagos? Can they give their children scholarships? In Lagos, when we give you shops, we don’t ask you where you come from. We let you do your business. We don’t build roads and say Igbo people should not ply them.
Over 500 Igbo are in the Lagos State civil service and we don’t discriminate when it comes to promo­tion,” he said.

“The PDP-led adminis­tration has ruined the econ­omy and that is why many Igbo businessmen are suf­fering now. Because of the dollar exchange rate, the rate of imported goods has increased and has crippled many businesses.”

“The country is no lon­ger secure, but with Gen Muhammadu Buhari as president, he would flush out the Boko Haram sect just as he flushed out Mai­tasine when he was the Head of State. So, I urge every Igbo person living in Lagos to support APC just as the APC government has supported Igbo.”

The governorship can­didate of the APC, Akin­wumi Ambode, promised to empower Igbo youths and make life more mean­ingful by creating a better enabling environment for their businesses to thrive.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=109235

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 15, 2015
OK.
I will still comment on this but for now let me just be reading comments... Theif-nubu the king marker , I hail oooo!!... The same way you made GEJ President in 2011 is the same way you want to make GMB president abi hmmmmm... I dey smell mouth odour here oooo...

Note: This Land is Not For sale.
Beware of APC sorry 419..

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by natureblack(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2015
helped Jonathan ?

what happened with Mallam Nuhu Ribadu

It is unfortunate how misguided and insensible Asiwaju's recent press statements has been.

....liars need to have good memories

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by ManMountain(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2015
the Igbos in Lagos should vote wisely, voting on religion and tribal prejudice can only hurt them in lagos in the long run.

34 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by bewla(m): 6:06am On Mar 15, 2015
Na true

4 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by molydonhenry(m): 6:08am On Mar 15, 2015
Tinubu d president maker! Go n sleep.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by Godfullsam(m): 6:08am On Mar 15, 2015
Tinubu helped oga Jona to aso rock in 2011 and he wants to help him to otuoke in 2015 grin grin grin.

186 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by drtwist(m): 6:09am On Mar 15, 2015

3 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by udemzyudex(m): 6:12am On Mar 15, 2015
For tinubu to say this,then i'll say he is a betrayer, Ribadu ran as a president under ACN,why didn't he help Ribadu to win the election under his party?

Someone should pls tell Tinubu to keep shut..

One question for Tinubu,what did he do when fashola deport the igbos from lagos state?

Rotten teeth... :>

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by GboyegaD(m): 6:12am On Mar 15, 2015
When he came back from Abuja and was supporting GEJ instead of Ribadu what was he thinking? He should let this remain in history where it belongs.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by buharisambisada: 6:12am On Mar 15, 2015
Lies from the pit of hell Tinubu had his candidate which was Nuhu Ribadu only God installed GEJ and only him can take him out

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by francizy(m): 6:20am On Mar 15, 2015
ManMountain:
the Igbos in Lagos should vote wisely, voting on religion and tribal prejudice can only hurt them in lagos in the long run.

So who do you suggest we should vote for?

7 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by tit(f): 6:24am On Mar 15, 2015
francizy:

if you Ibo peoples vote against President Jonathan, it will hurt you in the long and short run.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by midolian(m): 6:26am On Mar 15, 2015
francizy:

GEN. Muhammadu BUHARI

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by adebisiolumide5(m): 6:31am On Mar 15, 2015
Lies!!!! mtchews

5 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by francizy(m): 6:34am On Mar 15, 2015
I wouldn't talk about any deportation, I wouldn't talk about our tribal differences here but to me Fashola failed. If he can't provide us with basic amenities like road (we build our own roads in my street) and when our major road got damaged, govt abandoned it till a private firm built it albeit below standard, water, security (because we have our own vigilante group we pay monthly), etc.

This administration has been know to hike prices of everything the serve the masses. They got control over electricity distribution company and reduced power supply from 150-250 hours per month (of NEPA/PHCN) to 15-24hours per month (of Eko, Ikeja, etc electricity distribution companies) while shooting up price from 2000-4000 (PHCN/NEPA) to 15000(Eko/Ikeja Elect distribution companies)..

So why should I vote for APC?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by midolian(m): 6:36am On Mar 15, 2015
tit:

if you Ibo PEOPLES vote against President Jonathan, it will hurt you in the long and short run.

Sagged tit

16 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by francizy(m): 6:38am On Mar 15, 2015
[s]
ManMountain:

Foolish question, use your PVC as your conscience directs you, just that for every decision, there will always be consequences.
[/s]

You people will never talk to people in a civilized manner. No wonder we have murderers, touts, assassins, insurgency, religious crisis, hate, bigotry, etc looming all over the country. I simply asked you a harmless question and you resorted to insult. It means if I were close to you, you would have stabbed me right?

33 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by francizy(m): 6:46am On Mar 15, 2015
midolian:

GEN Muhammadu BUHARI

Bro, you deserve a reply, a very civilized one at that.

Now, I have been able to go thru the administration of GMB and GEJ, I checked past records, I checked their failures and successes and came to the conclusion that there's no much difference between what happened then and now. I was inclined not to go to the poll, because I was disappointed at both candidates, not until I noticed that APC members and supporters made light of every failure of the APC but always greatly criticized GEJ for both his failures and ones that shouldn't have been ascribed to him.

It's one thing to realise you need a change, it's another thing to truly identify that change. To me, that change we are clamouring for is not going to come from the APC. May come from another party entirely tho.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by ManMountain(m): 6:52am On Mar 15, 2015
francizy:

You people will never talk to people in a civilized manner. No wonder we have murderers, touts, assassins, insurgency, religious crisis, hate, bigotry, etc looming all over the country. I simply asked you a harmless question and you resorted to insult. It means if I were close to you, you would have stabbed me right?
If you live in lagos and have a PVC, Vote the Just Kidding guy, no one is stopping you.

2 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by francizy(m): 6:52am On Mar 15, 2015
tit:

if you Ibo peoples vote against President Jonathan, it will hurt you in the long and short run.

tit, you don't have to tell me dear. Although I'm with Jonathan not because my people are with him but because I see a greater evil looming around the corner from the lies, deciet, propaganda, hate, bigotry, tribal sentiments and desperation displayed by the opposition..

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by moderatorr1: 6:54am On Mar 15, 2015
Dude is now running helter skelter with his mouth

5 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by francizy(m): 6:54am On Mar 15, 2015
[s]
ManMountain:

If you live in lagos and have a PVC, Vote the Just Kidding guy, no one is stopping you.
[/s]

12 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by midolian(m): 6:59am On Mar 15, 2015
francizy:

Bro, you deserve a reply, a very civilized one at that.

Now, I have been able to go thru the administration of GMB and GEJ, I checked past records, I checked their failures and successes and came to the conclusion that there's no much difference between what happened then and now. I was inclined not to go to the poll, because I was disappointed at both candidates, not until I noticed that APC members and supporters made light of every failure of the APC but always greatly criticized GEJ for both his failures and ones that shouldn't have been ascribed to him.

It's one thing to realise you need a change, it's another thing to truly identify that change. To me, that change we are clamouring for is not going to come from the APC. May come from another party entirely tho.
bro, if we must be frank with ourselves, Buhari is a better candidate compared to GEJ.. Buhari's zero tolerance to corruption is enof for me among other qualities. He tried his best during his regime despite the fact that he had his turn in uniform(when he could abuse power but didn't) and couldn't rule up to 2yrs. Its sad to see pple compare Buhari with GEJ..if we must speak the truth, the major problem of Nigeria now is corruption..this is the root of these problems (insecurity, unemployment, inadequate infrastructure etc)..tackle corruption to a large extent and u ll see the Nigeria we dream of..

Buhari can do it and he will do it, by the grace of God.

41 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by mycar: 7:02am On Mar 15, 2015
ManMountain:
As in the benefit they get from Lagos, what of Nigerian economy that depends on oil from the eastern part of the country? Do you think that East ends at Enugu, Anambra, Imo and Abia, all these are geographical locations. Igbo is in the blood and not location. You have not thought of the oil, economy is suffering just for it's low price how much more when we have fewer available ones to export.

The country will have too much to fight, do you think bokoharam will go that soon, think again.

Many of you need to grow up from your lopsided thinking.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by Iyanusele(m): 7:03am On Mar 15, 2015
Tinubu has be a betrayal since 1999.
He will still betrayal all those nairalanders shouting change

Watch Out: TINUBU WILL DELIVER SOUTHWEST TO GEJ come march 28th

Meanwhile, as for me and my House, friends, colleagues GEJ ni a digbo fun

GEJ till Tinubu followers know the truth!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by ManMountain(m): 7:05am On Mar 15, 2015
mycar:

As in the benefit they get from Lagos, what of Nigerian economy that depends on oil from the eastern part of the country? Do you think that East ends at Enugu, Anambra, Imo and Abia, all these are geographical locations. Igbo is in the blood and not location. You have not thought of the oil, economy is suffering just for it's low price how much more when we have fewer available ones to export.

The country will have too much to fight, do you think bokoharam will go that soon, think again.

Many of you need to grow up from your lopsided thinking.
Which East are you talking about? Please spare me the bullshytee. I've told you, vote your conscience and live with the consequences, same thing applies to me.

6 Likes

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by gajike: 7:07am On Mar 15, 2015
By selling ribadu for 18billion. (As It was revealed by an acn local govt. Chairman in d north in 2013 ) U refused to support him now because he didn't fulfil his pledge of oil well?
Anyway that's ur own cup of tea not mine. All I know is if someone like u can betray your presidential candidate then (Ribadu) then u didn't deserve my vote. U are too desperate to grab power for ur shefishness not because of well fare of nigerians. It's means indeed u are a kleptomania.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Helped Make Jonathan President –tinubu by francizy(m): 7:08am On Mar 15, 2015
[s]
ManMountain:

Since you still believed LASG should give you power because in your warped reasoning they have control over IKEDC and EEKDC, then your ignorance cannot be helped. It is this same ignorance that is shaping the decision of most of the igbos
[/s]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Defends N197 To Dollar Exchange Rate For Hajj (photo) / Burial Of IPOB Member Killed When Army Invaded Nnamdi Kanu's House (Photos) / APC Presidential Rally, Sokoto And Kebbi (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.