Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,782 members, 7,827,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves (26904 Views)

An Open Appeal To All Tribal Bigots On Nairaland / Message For The Mods: Nairaland's Names Of Tribal Bigots. / VIDEO: Nigeria NSDC Commandant Makes A Fool Of Himself On National TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 8:41am On Dec 09, 2012
GGGGGGGGGGGG-unit.

Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by adabeke12(f): 8:41am On Dec 09, 2012
Lmao blackpickin u r to much. Nd no I didnt get ur email.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by NegroNtns(m): 8:43am On Dec 09, 2012
bitty,

kedu kondu, oginni? na who piss you off like dis nah?
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 8:45am On Dec 09, 2012
Negro_Ntns: bitty,

kedu kondu, oginni? na who piss you off like dis nah?

It's ibos. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by seanet01: 8:46am On Dec 09, 2012
Bittyend, You have gone Nuclear with Ebos. You have gagged the bingos.
They have all been crushed i guessed
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 8:47am On Dec 09, 2012
I want this SOB for breakfast! Bytchazz bastard ran off when he saw me on the thread.

Where are you at, puzzy?

rick.ross:

Before the civil war Igbos controlled the Nigerian economy. It was because of our dominance that the huasas started killing Igbos in large quantities. After the British handed power over to Nigeria over 80% of all teachers and government workers in northern region were all Igbos. All business were dominated by Igbos, this is why the illiterate hausas ganged up with the open air shitting dirty pigs from odua to stage a war against Igbos.

Now I have told you what my fore fathers left for us, are you now gonna allow me remove those dirty tribal makes on your face with ibeto cement? Unless you do that you are uncircumcised dirty pig you are not worthy to ask me questions... THIS IS 21ST CENTURY, HUMAIN BEINGS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SHITTTING IN NYLON BAGS. EVEN IN THE MOST INTERIOR VILLAGES IN IGBOLAND THE POOREST PEOPLE HAVE PIT LATERINE. BUT IN LAGOS 40% OF Yoruba PEOPLE SHIIIT IN NYLON BAGS, WHEN THE GHANIANS SEE THIS THEY INSULT REAL NIGERIANS BECAUSE OF YOU PRIMITIVE PEOPLE FROM ODUA REPUBLIK THINKING ALL NIGERIANS SHIIIT IN NYLON BAGS.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by NegroNtns(m): 8:49am On Dec 09, 2012
grin grin grin

chei! ezioku my brother....abeg e don do. reserve the rest materials for next episode.... me masef no mind if you fvk up a yanmiri monkey...but leave the women and pikin out. but if yanmiri attack our women then they are all fair game....+ pikin and forefather.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by NegroNtns(m): 8:53am On Dec 09, 2012
seanet01: Bittyend, You have gone Nuclear with Ebos. You have gagged the bingos.
They have all been crushed i guessed

..i tell you bitty went Scorpion on dere as*s,

me no wan see caritas, red cross or ngo...... chineke!

seanet abeg tell bitty drink some water and cool am for now. grin
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 8:54am On Dec 09, 2012
I'll leave the primitive ibos alone for now but they just need to know they'll never win when it comes to ethnocentric and stereotypical curses. It's the phucking Ibos of Nigeria, the most primitive folks in that part of the world.

Stop phucking about, ibos.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 09, 2012
bittyend: I'll leave the primitive ibos alone for now but they just need to know they'll never win when it comes to ethnocentric and stereotypical curses. It's the phucking Ibos of Nigeria, the most primitive folks in that part of the world.

Stop phucking about, ibos.

Your interesting tirade actually did nothing to provide the bolded conclusion.

You have to prove first that none of things you describe about Igbos (cannibalism, human sacrifice, unclothedness/n.udity, etc) ever existed in the other 249 ethnic groups. Yours included.

Until then, I guess we are all proverbially stuck in the mud.

Cheers. Hope your vent afforded you a good night's rest.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by PhysicsQED(m): 9:17am On Dec 09, 2012
bittyend:
Ibos worshipping oyinbos after their women were raped; circa 1945. cheesy cheesy cheesy

[img]http://driwancybermuseum.files./2010/12/nigeria-britsh-soldier-arogan-pic.jpg[/img]

These are not intended to be depictions of Igbos, but are meant to be depictions of Binis at Ughoton ('Gwato'), except for the colonial soldier or carrier standing by the British man, who would have been a Hausa and except for the black man with the European hat, who was probably meant to be a guide from an Itsekiri or Ijaw area. As you can see in the image, the black faces, including that of the black soldier or carrier who is with the British, look like unpleasant caricatures. The drawing is from a British illustrated weekly newspaper called The Graphic and is from 1897, following the aftermath of the Benin massacre. The illustrator that drew this particular image, according to the newspaper, was C.J. Staniland, a popular illustrator of the time who never went to Benin and drew the images basically from his imagination. Ironically, many of the written accounts from visitors to Benin over the centuries have positive comments about the appearance of the people both in terms of physiognomy and clothing. Even Alan Boisragon, one of the British survivors of the "Benin massacre" of 1897, described the son of the chief of Ughoton who received him and his group when they got there as "rather a nice-looking youth."

The washing of feet was ceremonial and seemed to have something to do with both welcoming/purifying strangers and paying homage to Oba Esigie, the king of Benin who was most fond of Europeans and European ways:

'On entering the country or the town, there was the curious custom which compelled a stranger to have his feet washed. Before entering the city, Legroing and Balon had to visit the captain of war, and have their feet washed. (Landolphe, I., p. 332). Similarly, Mr. C. Punch writes me: "On landing at Guaton, we were received on the top of the bluff by the Ahuraku and his suite, and a great point was made of our having our feet washed by them at a place sacred to the memory of Assigie, or Asije, the king of long-ago, first connected with Europeans. A very ancient brass bowl was produced for the purpose. This appeared to me to have been a bit of old Portuguese repousse work, and was always left lying about in this place devoted to Assigie pending the arrival of some European." It will be remembered that all the members of Phillips' party had their feet washed at Gwato.' - H. Ling Roth, Great Benin, p. 123

[Whether the brass bowl was actually Portuguese or not is questionable, as it's not clear if the Portuguese were making and exporting repoussé brass bowls for trade. It seems to only have been Cyril Punch's opinion that it was Portuguese, though it could easily have had another African or European origin.]

It does not seem to have been about "worshipping oyinbos."
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:29am On Dec 09, 2012
Let's compare and contrast.

1800s YORUBA

[img]http://1280441.websites.xs4all.nl/assets/images/Yoruba2.jpg[/img]

Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:31am On Dec 09, 2012
1800s Benin

Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 09, 2012
^^^Anybody can bring up a couple of flattering pictures of any group and plaster a date on it.

However, I want you to prove that:

None of things you describe about Igbos (cannibalism, human sacrifice, unclothedness/n.udity, etc) ever existed in the other 249 ethnic groups. Yours included.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by joeyfire(m): 9:32am On Dec 09, 2012
PhysicsQED:

These are not intended to be depictions of Igbos, but are meant to be depictions of Binis at Ughoton ('Gwato'), except for the colonial soldier or carrier standing by the British man, who would probably be Hausa and except for the black man with the European hat, who was probably a guide from an Itsekiri or Ijaw area. As you can see in the image, the black faces, including that of the black soldier or carrier who is with the British, look like unpleasant caricatures. The drawing is from a British illustrated weekly newspaper called The Graphic and is from 1897, following the aftermath of the Benin massacre. The illustrator that drew this particular image, according to the newspaper, was C.J. Staniland, a popular illustrator of the time who never went to Benin and drew the images basically from his imagination. Ironically, many of the written accounts from visitors to Benin over the centuries have positive comments about the appearance of the people both in terms of physiognomy and clothing. Even Alan Boisragon, one of the British survivors of the "Benin massacre" of 1897, described the son of the chief of Ughoton who received him and his group when they got there as "rather a nice-looking youth."

The washing of feet was ceremonial and seemed to have something to do with both welcoming/purifying strangers and paying homage to Oba Esigie, the king of Benin who was most fond of Europeans and European ways:

'On entering the country or the town, there was the curious custom which compelled a stranger to have his feet washed. Before entering the city, Legroing and Balon had to visit the captain of war, and have their feet washed. (Landolphe, I., p. 332). Similarly, Mr. C. Punch writes me: "On landing at Guaton, we were received on the top of the bluff by the Ahuraku and his suite, and a great point was made of our having our feet washed by them at a place sacred to the memory of Assigie, or Asije, the king of long-ago, first connected with Europeans. A very ancient brass bowl was produced for the purpose. This appeared to me to have been a bit of old Portuguese repousse work, and was always left lying about in this place devoted to Assigie pending the arrival of some European." It will be remembered that all the members of Phillips' party had their feet washed at Gwato.' - H. Ling Roth, Great Benin, p. 123

[Whether the brass bowl was actually Portuguese or not is questionable, as it's not clear if the Portuguese were making and exporting repoussé brass bowls for trade. It seems to only have been Cyril Punch's opinion that it was Portuguese, though it could easily have had another African or European origin.]

It does not seem to have been about "worshipping oyinbos."

Very interesting stuff. You sure do know your history
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:34am On Dec 09, 2012
1800s Hausa

Kano City

Bornu 1851

[img]http://stevekemper1.files./2012/03/kukawa.jpg?w=1024&h=731[/img]
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:36am On Dec 09, 2012
Phuck off, bytch!

All the books written during colonial times alluded to only ibos as the cannibals in that part of the world.

If you can't read, go get someone to read them to you. Phuck off!
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:39am On Dec 09, 2012
Posted a book about the cannibalistic nature of ibos, counter that and post anything that alluded the same barbaric way of life to the other tribes.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:40am On Dec 09, 2012
This is the book again

kindabigg: Among The Ibos Of Nigeria, GT Basden, London, Seeley, Service & Co, 1921

…The appearance of a crowd of carriers, with their spare frames, spindle-legs and cucumber
calves, often prompts the thought that the men must have recently experienced a period of famine. On the western side this is not the case. There the people are [size=18pt]shorter[/size] and are of a stocky, thick-set build. They are disposed to be [size=18pt]lazy[/size] yet they are passionate, and of a rash and fiery temperament, the result probably of an over-abundant supply of rich food……[size=18pt]The shape of the skull repeats itself with astonishing regularity[/size], this pecularity, perhaps, being accounted for by the process of moulding the shape of the head during infancy……Every town, and, incidentally, every family or household, stands by itself. There is no combination between town and town. Although speaking the same language, and in times of peace intermarrying with one another, the nearest neighbours are still regarded as strangers, e.g., the people of Onitsha and those of Opusi do not reckon themselves as of one tribe, though a distance of less than five miles separates the two towns.

pg 31-32

…Of sanitary ideas there is none, nor is there any sense of modesty as the European understands the term. As regards sanitation, however, it must be remembered that the sun is a powerful purifying agent, otherwise the conditions would, in many places, be unendurable.

Pg 33-34

Nor were these fears groundless. [size=18pt]Cannibalism, human sacrifices and other savage customs were real facts,[/size]and flourished within five miles of the outskirts of Onitsha, and no one would dare swear that the inhabitants of even that town were all entirely innocent !

pg 37
…It was in close proximity to this place that, as was well known, a cannibal feast had lately been held. Amongst our lads there was a small boy whose father had been a servant to the Niger Company. Whilst carrying a message to Obushi, the father was murdered and his body disposed of according to time-honoured custom.
On one occasion I was resting outside my hut when a man of unprepossessing appearance came along and entered into conversation. His eldest son, then a small lad, had been placed by his father in the care of a mis-sionary, in order that he might receive instruction. In the course of his remarks he solemnly asserted that it would be of great benefit to his son if he were provided with human flesh sometimes as part of his diet. He maintained that, if this were done, a proper man's spirit would develop in the lad. Towards the south, cannibal tendencies assumed a worse aspect. All that has been said hitherto relates to the prevalent custom of feasting upon captives taken in war. In the southern districts a regular traffic in human flesh was carried on. [size=18pt]Strangers were caught, or slaves purchased, with the deliberate intention of converting them into food. Human flesh was a marketable commodity, and a common article of diet.[/size] It is not long since a certain chief managed to get possession of one of his opponents against whom he had a grudge of long standing. He derived satisfaction from first lopping off the captive's ears and nose, and then flaying him alive.
The carcase was eaten and the skin converted into a drumhead. There is not a shadow of doubt that, could the history of the Ibo country be clearly traced, a host of suchlike stories would have to be recorded. I have become acquainted with many erstwhile cannibals, and quite goodnatured folk most of them are. One week-end I was staying at a town a few miles S.E. of Onitsha. My quarters were very circumscribed, the only accommodation available being a tiny thatched lean-to shed against the compound wall, usually occupied by the goats and fowls. My boys and carriers shared the limited accomodation, lying at night alongside the camp-bed. After the evening meal, we settled down for the night, long before our customary bedtime; consequently the men chattered freely. Presently I became interested in the conversation, and amongst other items of news, gathered that they had all had a share in cannibal feasts.
pg 38-40

…With the exception of those actually situated on the banks of streams, it is usual to find the villages at a distance from water ; indeed very often there is no adequate supply, the people simply dig catch-pits for the storage of surface water. In the wet season there is no lack, but in the dry months water is scarce and that stored in the pits becomes stagnant. In some districts the traveller must carry water, for he is likely to experience difficulty in obtaining any en route fit for consumption, and a bath is but an occasional luxury. Whilst travelling through such a district some years ago for three days we were denied the comfort of even a decent wash. For drinking purposes recourse can generally be had to cocoanut milk or palm wine. The former is preferable, as the natives dilute the palm wine very freely, and they are not particular whence the water for the purpose is drawn!...

pg 49

…In the choice of meat the Ibo exhibits no fads. Usually he must be content with smoked fish. Domestic animals are scarce, and are seldom killed except for sacrificial purposes or for very special feasts. When any are killed, the carcases are hacked to pieces with axes and matchets, straight through skin and bones. Not the smallest particle is wasted, even the entrails being consumed. The blood is caught and allowed to solidify. It is then cut in pieces and cooked in the same manner as the liver. Wild animals are treated likewise, of whatever species they may be, large or small, young or old, diseased or otherwise. The only part shunned is the gall-bladder, the contents of which are believed to be deadly poison, that of some animals being much more feared than others. Leopards, monkeys, dogs, snakes, lizards, anything indeed that can be called fish, flesh or fowl is acceptable to the Ibo.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:43am On Dec 09, 2012
The clothes the Benins wore back then were sold to them by the Ijebu's. I doubt the Benin guy on the thread will dispute that.

Y'all have always been primitive and next time I see an ibotic gorilla say shiit, I'll unleash everything I have got saved on my PC.

Two can play that game, primitive gorillas.

Keep starting ish you can't finish, mofos.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by joeyfire(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2012
bittyend: The clothes the Benins wore back then were sold to them by the Ijebu's. I doubt the Benin guy on the thread will dispute that.

Y'all have always been primitive and next time I see an ibotic gorilla say shiit, I'll unleash everything I have got saved on my PC.

Two can play that game, primitive gorillas.

Keep starting ish you can't finish, mofos.

How far Shytemmex/Batty-end/brixtonyute? How is your split personality coming along this morning
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Abagworo(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2012
Those posting 1700 pictures are funny. That USA was not in existence in 1600 does not mean that it is not the most advanced country in the world today. The reality today is that the least number of ancient houses can be found in Igboland. There's freedom and no overlords. Every Igboman is a potential King or Queen. We are generally Handsome, beautiful, well built and devoid of any scars or tribal marks.

3 Likes

Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2012
Till you stop making your silly e-beefs a tribal thing, I'll continue to expose you long arms having gorillas.

Do your individual nonsense and stop bringing my tribe into it, wackjobs!
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2012
joeyfire:

How far Shytemmex/Batty-end/brixtonyute? How is your split personality coming along this morning

Go eat ya mom's filthy and wall-less puzzy, gorilla.

Better still get busy with your long arms and jump from tree branches, gorilla.

Phuck off!
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Compare and contrast. cheesy cheesy cheesy

~Royal~:
These Biitches can Scratch my Pinky Toe while they are still standing shocked

Wtf?....LmL
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2012
Compare and contrast. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

~Royal~:

Fam, why is her elbow near her Vajina?..

Com on now.

I know one thing, These Igbo Biitches better stop climbing on my Goddamn Furniture when i leave for work.

Aneka sit cho azzz down. Swinging on the damn Ceiling Fan like she lost her fhucking Mind.

Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by bittyend(m): 9:58am On Dec 09, 2012
You know they lost when they start changing the title of the thread. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

God bless Yoruba people! cool

Peace out! cool
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Abagworo(m): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2012
Abagworo: Those posting 1700 pictures are funny. That USA was not in existence in 1600 does not mean that it is not the most advanced country in the world today. The reality today is that the least number of ancient houses can be found in Igboland. There's freedom and no overlords. Every Igboman is a potential King or Queen. We are generally Handsome, beautiful, well built and devoid of any scars or tribal marks.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by joeyfire(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2012
bittyend:

Go eat ya mom's filthy and wall-less puzzy, gorilla.

Better still get busy with your long arms and jump from tree branches, gorilla.

Phuck off!

Lol! Small boy with multiple personalities playing e-soldier. Aye aye e-captain
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 09, 2012
Sketchings and pictures from certain dates, and artworks from groups of people are not going to cut it.

See, I can also do the same for Igbos and call it a day:

Igbo woman, 1880:

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m35qbsabAU1qjh37to1_1280.jpg][/img]

Yam barn in Igboland, 1800s:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-2QRBbBKBB8I/Tqdw8qlnpDI/AAAAAAAAAwY/H7s6_nHOHPw/s1600/yam%2Bbarn.jpg[/img]

20 ft Tower, preserved till date, from 1700s:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_jeBv7EEofYQ/TLvDiw1p7LI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/QUdZLOjpDz0/s1600/Dike%27s+Tower.png[/img]

Igbo-Ukwu, dated older than most artworks in Nigeria:

That doesn't mean jot. You can find flattering images alluding to a people at some points in time.

A statement was made, and I am requesting you to prove it using your pre-defined parameters. Prove that:

None of things you describe about Igbos (cannibalism, human sacrifice, unclothedness/n.udity, etc) ever existed in the other 249 ethnic groups. Yours included.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by PhysicsQED(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2012
bittyend: The clothes the Benins wore back then were sold to them by the Ijebu's. I doubt the Benin guy on the thread will dispute that.

Some of the clothing that they exported to other parts of Africa or to Europeans originated from Ijebu areas, but some was also from the hinterland (the interior), not the areas nearer to the coast like the Ijebu area, and some of it was from the Benin kingdom itself. If people in Benin were even weaving for export (which they were) as well as reselling cloth that they had bought from other traders in the interior or on the coast, then it's not likely that they would have needed to go all the way to Ijebu or to wait for other traders to arrive just to get clothing for themselves.

Different people wore different kinds of clothing in Benin depending on their station and there are numerous written references to weaving going on in Benin itself. As for the Benin people of the past, if the pre-colonial written descriptions and the surviving photographs are to be relied upon, it seems that they had their own varied dress styles and weaving, regardless of whether they were reselling cloth that they had obtained from the interior or the coast.
Re: Dumb Tribal Bigots Making A Fool Of Themselves by Abagworo(m): 10:11am On Dec 09, 2012
This is how we look in 2012

1st pix is a Yoruba woman in 2012. She fight with tiger?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Kogi Tribunal: Anything Can Happen / Recession: FG Releases Fresh N350bn To Boost Economy / Senator-elect Ben Murray-Bruce Come After Governors Owing Workers Salary(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.