Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. (17215 Views)

Photos From Inside The Medview Plane That Crashlanded On Nov 5th In Lagos / Nigerians And Fake Accent / Help: Nigerian Accent Is Killing My Opportunities In Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by engrtee(f): 4:12pm On Dec 07, 2012
honeric01: So which accent represents Nigeria?

Yoruba?
Waffi?
Igbo?
Hausa?
Ijaw?
Bini?
Effik?
Idoma?
Fulani?
Nupe?

Which one exactly?

silly article posted by an ignorant person. (if you aren't ignorant, you wouldn't have posted this).

Nigeria is too diverse to have one particular accent.

pidgin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 07, 2012
Vikin:

Am voting and campaigning for you, you are here reading old news
Really? Thank you o. I don't know where to start on that thread, left for a while, came back and saw that it had reached over 40 pages.
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by BlackOyinbo: 4:13pm On Dec 07, 2012

Yoruba?
Waffi?
Igbo?
Hausa?
Ijaw?
Bini?
Effik?
Idoma?
Fulani?
Nupe?

Which one exactly?

silly article posted by an ignorant person. (if you aren't ignorant, you wouldn't have posted this).

Famous tongues: King Sunny Adé, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
From the names listed, I think the article is talking about the yoruba accent.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2012
imperiouxx: The same story we hear every year and none of our accent is used in any English dictionary word.

Pronouncation of Ameoba

Naija: Amo-eba

US/UK: Ame-ba

Sorry, but the correct spelling is Amoeba and NOT Ameoba as you have written. We know you can speak jand and yankee accent but you obviously cannot spell.

And yes, nothing wrong with 9ja accent as we pronounce it according to the spelling

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by valencia25(m): 4:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
That is cool cool.. At least we are ranked in the Top 10 of something good grin grin
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Denn(m): 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2012
sleekch1c:
Nigerian
[size=13pt][Some Nigerians are actually worth giving your bank account information to.[/size]

comments like these make me wanna puke.

not every Nigerian is a fraud and if the writer fails to understand that, the authenticity of all he has written is also suspect and not actually worth giving attention to

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
ItsModella:
Really? Thank you o. I don't know where to start on that thread, left for a while, came back and saw that it had reached over 40 pages.
babe you look stunning! count me in as your campaign staff.nothing do you.
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 07, 2012
berem: babe you look stunning! count me in as your campaign staff.nothing do you.
awww!! thanks my darling kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by felifeli: 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
There is no single Nigerian accent. We have tribal and even dialectic accents. Ibo is not sexy at all ? It sounds like someone is fighting you. War is not sexy I think.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Nasri100(m): 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
Rubbish me wey I dey pratice russian accent cheesy
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by bestower: 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2012
5th my foot! just take time to listen to hausa english and u need not to be told to hug transformer or betterstill,ibadan indigene accent form of english tears will roll down ur cheeks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by honeric01(m): 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2012
iamswizz: they were talking about the way we speak our english

Still at that, it also doesn't make sense, have you listened to a nupe man or a berom person speak English before? does it sound the same way a Yoruba or Ijaw man speaks? whichever way, it makes no freaking sense and its an ignorant article.
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by honeric01(m): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
cameronese:

There is what is called Nigeria English Accent! Educated Nigerians have a particular way of speaking the English Language, It doesn't matter which tribe.

The only tribe that seems unrepentant is the Housa

Still rubbish, the way Sanusi speaks is way different from the way soludo speak, does it make any of them not "educated" as you put it? their accent.

Tinubu's accent when speaking English and that of Oshiomole when speaking English, do they sound same way? yet aren't both educated?

abeg spare me the excuses jare!
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by honeric01(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2012
Black_Oyinbo:

They are referring to a whole country called Nigeria, not a tribe in Nigeria, Yoruba accent does not represent Nigeria so what kinda comparison is that?
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by honeric01(m): 4:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
engrtee:

pidgin

Pidgin as in? even at that, an Igbo man speaking pidgin and a Yoruba man speaking pidgin, do they sound alike? do they pronounce same way? is accent not from the way words are pronounced by people?
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by sexlog(m): 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2012
Even if it is old news, am seeing it for the first time.....and that makes it latest news to me and thousands people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Joey82(m): 4:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
from what the op wrote, i think they are refering to yoruba accent especially with the mention of KSA and Omotola.
as far as i know, there's no general identifiable nigerian accent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Afam4eva(m): 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2012

Yoruba?
Waffi?
Igbo?
Hausa?
Ijaw?
Bini?
Effik?
Idoma?
Fulani?
Nupe?

Which one exactly?

They're referring to the general Nigerian accent that's spoken by the educated class of Lagos, PH etc. It's neither of the tribal accents.
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Afam4eva(m): 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
Black_Oyinbo:

I never knew Omotola had a Yoruba accent.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by victorNRceo: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2012
Stop supporting mediocrity,speaking in the right diction makes u sound more intellectual,of course,by default makes u sound like d british/american. Besides,nigeria is too diversified in accent,perhaps that's d reason we couldn't make it to d dictionary. We just have to accept that,n stop being vehemently stubborn. Now,check dis out,instead let's embrace pidgin english,anyway it's creative. Forcing our idiotic and stupid accents,I'm sorry,I meant plentiful accents to one another ears will persist to cause d ugliness of tribalism.
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by honeric01(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
afam4eva:
They're referring to the general Nigerian accent that's spoken by the educated class of Lagos, PH etc. It's neither of the tribal accents.

Hehehe, so all the names i listed are not on the educated class? yet do they sound alike? (pronunciation e.t.c)?
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by Minderz(m): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2012
Yeah..i love dis
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by BodyKiss(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
ocman: IT IS A FAT LIE

Believe in yourself for once.
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by chinnyonwu(m): 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
Wrong information. The people dem use compile that info don jet out of the country like 100times each and so the main naija accent don comot plenry from their mouth. If dem wan sabi if we accent sezee make dem carry typical Igbo or Baba Ijebu .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by asala1: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ok
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by asala1: 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
"Kinda makes the occasional phone scam worth the swindle." This is all I saw.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by sleekch1c(f): 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2012
chinnyonwu: Wrong information. The people dem use compile that info don jet out of the country like 100times each and so the main naija accent don comot plenry from their mouth. If dem wan sabi if we accent sezee make dem carry typical Igbo or Baba Ijebu .

chai,never knew nigerians hated everything about them this much.
on a more serious note,my 2nd thread since i came on this site and it made front page.....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by sleekch1c(f): 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2012
victor-NR-ceo:
Stop supporting mediocrity,speaking in the right diction makes u sound more intellectual,of course,by default makes u sound like d british/american. Besides,nigeria is too diversified in accent,perhaps that's d reason we couldn't make it to d dictionary. We just have to accept that,n stop being vehemently stubborn. Now,check dis out,instead let's embrace pidgin english,anyway it's creative. Forcing our idiotic and stupid accents,I'm sorry,I meant plentiful accents to one another ears will persist to cause d ugliness of tribalism.
quit self-hate!
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by sleekch1c(f): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
Joey82: from what the op wrote, i think they are refering to yoruba accent especially with the mention of KSA and Omotola.
as far as i know, there's no general identifiable nigerian accent.
you think so because u re nigerian. angry angry
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by sleekch1c(f): 5:36pm On Dec 07, 2012
sherry lo: 5th sexiest ko, sexfull ni
post-colonial trauma....pele!
Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by demelza: 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2012
Despite the compliment, these peepz couldn't resist inserting a few insults.
Out of all the countries listed there, we were the only one whose tainted image was highlighted.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Accent, The 5th Sexiest In The World. by NovusHomo(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
Accent of what language? Igbo? Efik? Bariba? Ibibio? Yoruba? Ebira? Egun? Hausa?
Trinidadian accent puts me to sleep.
Good that Liberian accent is not mentioned. You could die laughing when you hear Liberians speak. grin grin
Nice one overall. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robbery: We Didn’t Review Visa Validity For Nigerians –UAE / US Supreme Court Allows Parts Of Travel Ban To Take Effect / Customs Checks At Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.