Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? (4145 Views)

New List Of Songs Banned By NBC - Includes Olamide's Shakitibobo / List Of Banned Videos By NBC Including Psquare Alingo Dance! / Don Jazzy Reacts To 'Oliver Twist' Ban By NBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by Quesera: 11:41pm On Feb 13, 2008
It appears the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is corrupt. Why would they ban 'Konga' by Konga when 'Why Me' and 'Booty Call' by 'D Banj, still hits the airwaves?
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by whateva(m): 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2008
is wrong to ban music after men don suffer scam get money finish dem go come enter studio some monkey go come dey ban their music there are more raw songs in people's album for example OJB second album one of the tracks the people wen he feature dem call nasty words tire like put my big manliness in your mouth even for nice last album one track in there he said see my manliness in my mouth suck it, the idiot banning songs will not hear those ones na the popular one dem dey go ban

NA FIRE GO BURN ALL OF THEM WHEN THEY BAN SONGS
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by coopedro(m): 12:37pm On Feb 14, 2008
they only ban because they feel their office will be domant if they dont.\

But the song Artist on their part should be reasonable to produce songs that will add value to our country nAiJA
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by rexfx2: 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2008
coo_pedro:

they only ban because they feel their office will be domant if they don't.\

But the song Artist on their part should be reasonable to produce songs that will add value to our country nAiJA

spot on!
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by Fostercat(m): 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2008
[quote][/quote]spot on
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by Fostercat(m): 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2008
the movement
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by rume(m): 3:55pm On Feb 14, 2008
whateva:

NA FIRE GO BURN ALL OF THEM WHEN THEY BAN SONGS
nope we're all in this together
coo_pedro:

the other side of the coin
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by Mustay(m): 4:04pm On Feb 14, 2008
As far as their duty is to REGULATE THE BROADCASTING industry, there is no probs if they ban stuffs that are ideally NTBB - Not to be broadcasted!

or do u complain when u see that on movies too?
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by A40(m): 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2008
Dem dey craze let them come and ban Lorile from my Phone useless people tongue tongue
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2008
banning music for crying out loud we are in a democratic country, and anythin goes
they ar just bannin to let pple knw that they are doin their S H I T job
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by U1(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2008
Que sera:

It appears the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is corrupt. Why would they ban 'Konga' by Konga and 'Lori le' by X-Project when 'Why Me' and 'Booty Call' by 'D Banj, still hits the airwaves?

If I have my way, I'd ban them all. But, it is quite wrong for them to leave most of D'banj's songd unbanned and banning the two you mentioned. shocked
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by sexytammy(f): 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2008
Foster cat:

spot on

na leopard
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by grabdbull: 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2008
Banning songs only make them more popular. I remember a few years ago when kerewa was banned, it became so popular that for some reason, the commission unbanned it. What's up with the banning if you are still going to unban?
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2008
I actually forgot that there was an NBC till now. Banning actually helps them gain more fame.
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by nosa101(f): 2:59am On Feb 15, 2008
aren't there censored and uncensored versions of these songs?
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by alleno: 8:09am On Feb 15, 2008
finally living things are beginning to speak up and out.
its really funny why UNITED NATIONS will give Young Peoples Ambassador to someone like DBanj.
with a song like that 'Why Me' and 'Booty Call', he should not sniff it, but i guess even the guys at the top
really are "deaf" to such things. There is also a billboard just when you are leaving 3rd Mainland Bridge , one energy drink
just looking at the billboard, one will be forced to ask what the ladies in the picture actually wanted, a DRINK or something else, its horrible, the things we want to copy from other communities, "COMMON SENSE is there, they cannot COPY". If one of Dbanj's music is banned, it'll help people understand the role of an organisation like NBC and probably inspire CREATIVITY amongst the Musicians. NO BEEF against DBanj, but Brother PLEASE! do something else. To top up the Insult, the Mingy Rascal was asked what KOKOLETE means and he said KOKOLETE is GOD,, he has very little time left.

@ amguud (Sure you don't have KIDS yet and i can imagine what colour you painted Lagos yesterday.)
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by buzzle(m): 8:44am On Feb 15, 2008
Dbanj get level & Wat u guys dont knw is b4 u get a Nasty song aired,contact NBC & Bribe them with some money,na Naija wen anything can happen we dey.Konga,X-project & others nor get level.All Dbanj songs frm 1st Album,2nd Album & this new one's on air are all Nasty.The people dey dont ban are those that have been in d game & got the Money.
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by damoche07(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2008
alleno:

finally living things are beginning to speak up and out.
its really funny why UNITED NATIONS will give Young Peoples Ambassador to someone like DBanj.
with a song like that 'Why Me' and 'Booty Call', he should not sniff it, but i guess even the guys at the top
really are "deaf" to such things. There is also a billboard just when you are leaving 3rd Mainland Bridge , one energy drink
just looking at the billboard, one will be forced to ask what the ladies in the picture actually wanted, a DRINK or something else, its horrible, the things we want to copy from other communities, "COMMON SENSE is there, they cannot COPY". If one of Dbanj's music is banned, it'll help people understand the role of an organisation like NBC and probably inspire CREATIVITY amongst the Musicians. NO BEEF against DBanj, but Brother PLEASE! do something else. To top up the Insult, the Mingy Rascal was asked what KOKOLETE means and he said KOKOLETE is GOD,, he has very little time left.

@ amguud (Sure you don't have KIDS yet and i can imagine what colour you painted Lagos yesterday.)

Spot on.Concur.Agree.

Even in the west,there are still radio versions of most ludicrous songs.Its dificult today to watch local TV and escape your sensibilities being assaulted.Keep the radio and videos sane please.NBC can't ban people from hearing whatever they want to hear but at least they can ban it on radio and TV.Shikena.
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by ritchboy(m): 10:10am On Feb 15, 2008
The NBC is being run by retards.Our politicians are ignoramus'.Inshort, 97% of the people 'in charge' are imbeciles.
Neway this case is small.Wasnt ini edo banned by whoeva for "indecent dressing"?
Buncha morons.
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by kamikaze(m): 11:18am On Feb 15, 2008
Rightly said, banning songs only make em more popular. Remember the group 2 live crew? They were banned in the USA for their expilicit lyrics but later won the the case on freedom of expression. They made more album sales when they were banned than when they won, as a matter of fact they went under after the bruhaha. How much are cds? anyone can grab a copy on the street corner and get " corrupted" by the cotent. What the NBC should do is simply insist on the artists who have explicit lyrics to record a clean version for airplay and state on the cd jacket that the uncensored version has got sexual or violent content.

The again is sex the worst picture we can paint of naija? Those movies with juju and cults, arent they more disturbing than sex (which the 'banners' indulge in with reckless abandon)? How many times do we hear why me or konga or bootycall or lorile and think of sex? I just bob my head to the beats man. Anyone wanking to the lyrics?

Na who get basket for rotten mango go pack fly. I've said my piece,over and out
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by abdurrazaq(m): 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2008
NBC has always been biased in their choice of which music to ban and which not to ban. All I will say is that whatever X-Project's Lorile and Konga's Tracks deserve (from NBC) is what D, Banj, Durella and some other like them deserve. But if some people are being protected from what are being punished for then, you know bribery, corruption and other act more than coruupting the public sexually is involved.

The Artists should think deep before singing. It is not good for an artist to release an album of an average of 12 tracks and the album lack one inspirational songs. This should be taken seriously by Nigerian R&B artists, the Rap artists are trying e.g, Terry - Only 4 Naija, Mode 9 - Cry, O.D - Don't Hate, Eedris Abdulkareem - Jagajaga (some say he is not a rapper, but, what is important is he is making sense with his lyrics)
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by trendy(f): 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2008
did they ban lori le? now i think they are after konga
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by parislomo(f): 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2008
I embarassedt's all about PARTIALITY (do you remember that word?) shocked
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by holythug(m): 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2008
yes i see sumtin wrong btw Konga & NBC undecided
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by WarfyBoy(m): 10:46pm On Feb 15, 2008
NBC!! ke i tink say na Nigeria Basketball Commision e mean ohh, ah, na wa o

anyways i suppport dt KONGA song sha, if i get children i kno go allow dt kind music 4 my house, i kno like d song at all

Lori le, hmmmmmmm, i kno say na because of KONGA dem go ban d song too, d song try sha, bttttttt , u cnt fite govt
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 16, 2008
what the Bleep is Konga??
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by TCUBE(m): 12:34pm On Feb 16, 2008
At last, someone as finally come to the rescue. The nigreina media wave is just polluted, even the movies, During my last visit to naija, I just saw musicians,actors and tv show presenters using curse words without been beeped or censored.

The worst of them of is the radio network. Funny and disturgusting the way nigerian radio dj are tyin to be "americanised", cursing and all the rest, lord have mercy
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by trendy(f): 12:57pm On Feb 16, 2008
emmeno:

what the Bleep is Konga??

what da Bleep is your problem what for an answer
since u can ask politely
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by richo(m): 6:51pm On Feb 16, 2008
ban or no ban shebi we go still hear the songs and even carry it on our fones and ipods.if the suckers like they can even ban greenland or iya basira tongue, or infact barn psquare, we go still get the hits.
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by 9ja4eva: 8:14pm On Feb 16, 2008
Not fair
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by creamdream: 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2008
NBC, ?? GOD PUNISH ALL THEIR HEAD.THUNDER FIRE THEM!! part one and part two, e ti won si konga jo!! a je be GONGO a so, ewo NBC won ti e le!!
Re: Banned Music By NBC: Right Or Wrong? by creamdream: 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2008
, Shame to bad people(NBC)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bashment Lovers In Here ! / I Am A Beast - Rkelly Disses Neyo / Ebube Muonso New Mp3 ... Speaking In Toungues For Lent 853kb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.