Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. (6594 Views)

The costly mistake many ladies make when choosing a spouse. / Knowing 'God's Will' In Choosing A Partner? / Going Back To Nigeria To Find A Mate, Is It A Good Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by ATMC(f): 7:15am On Dec 08, 2012
ATMC: Mh, did i hear you say d rich guy is not good behind closed doors? If he was intelligent enough to make money d way he did then i'll believe his intelligence will also make some impact in d other side. Meanwhile, physical attraction is skindeep so i don't think d gala hawkerr will move me like dt seeing his future is bleak.
this means d gala boy wont move me buh d rich guy will, for we will both find a solution to his problem with bedroom matters...atleast i have dt to add to his life
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by ATMC(f): 7:20am On Dec 08, 2012
xyoung: @all...let's analyze Logically
Most guys here say de wil choose d poor and beautiful woman inorder to enrich her in d future but remember dat d rich man in d situation is very ugly too..meaning this is a case of ugly rich man choosing beautiful poor lady which according to the ladies here will go for handsome poor gateman leading to the former beautiful lady grabbin as much money as possible to search for a handsome poor dude
So inorder words, the situational question posted by the OP is sure to end in doom in all situation
THIS QUESTION CAN ONLY BE ANALYZED LOGICALLY
to add to what you just said, opposite attracts many atimes but d same opposites account for d reason for most marital issues...so you see...doom all d wayyy
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by vocalprince(m): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2012
nnenna.1:
The whole point here is that the two options are as extreme and polar as can be.
Nne help me tell am abeg! How can such conditions exist? Abeg this trade is..........
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by tunnlex(m): 7:29am On Dec 08, 2012
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Serendipity: 7:33am On Dec 08, 2012
Virtue lies in the middle. There should be temperance and moderation in everything. Once a woman is averagely beautiful and has bodacious character, I will definitely be content. The descriptions above are too utopian, chimeric and unrealizable. It is different from what is obtainable in the society.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by chaotik(m): 7:33am On Dec 08, 2012
nnenna.1:

I already stated that the chances of her leaving her social class is unlikely. 99.9% chance that she will forever be poor.

Will you still choose her knowing this?

yea . . . so was shade okoya .
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 08, 2012
nnenna.1:
No cheating:

You can't have one and keep the other on the side.

This is a lifelong commitment, for good or bad.

In short you only have one choice.

Another thing - physical attraction is NOT love. You have a chance of developing genuine love with both choices.

LOL damn sis, you put a wrench in my arguments. grin
This is a tough one!! To be honest it would be nice if he was financially stable. And if you put it like that (chance of falling in love with either choice) then yes, I would go with the guy who is set (well off) assuming I am not in love with either one - BUT there would have to be a genuinely mutual connection between us. But if I am in love with the guy who is not rich, and esp. if he is an AMBITIOUS man, then he would be my choice.

Gosh I hate these questions. grin Too deep oh!

tunnlex: Theere is always option C even D

LOL I think I just chose those two lol.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Serendipity: 7:38am On Dec 08, 2012
It is self evident that one doesn't need billions to be happy and live life to the fullest. It is also lucid that a woman musn't be intimidatingly pretty to make a man happy.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Serendipity: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2012
Beauty may attract a man but character will keep him.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Koolking(m): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2012
Op, you seem to be in a dilemma. Get a reprieve now, at least you have been tipped there is always plan C or option C.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by charlsecy4(m): 9:53am On Dec 08, 2012
ATMC: If he was intelligent enough to make money d way he did then i'll believe his intelligence will also make some impact in d other side.

This can't be true. Being rich is necessarily being intelligent...
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by xyoung: 10:38am On Dec 08, 2012
ATMC: to add to what you just said, opposite attracts many atimes but d same opposites account for d reason for most marital issues...so you see...doom all d wayyy
In terms of opposite attraction, I wld say it only work for teens relationship (boyfriend and girlfriend) but when it comes to real arriage dating or courtin, it will never work because no responsible man wil EVER marry an irresponsible woman or no man of God (pastor) will EVER marry a pagan or no SHELL stylish worker will EVER marry an illiterate girl or no good guy will EVER marry a wayward/stripper girl.
Hope u catch my drift
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by miss9ja(f): 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2012
nnenna.1:

I already stated that the chances of her leaving her social class is unlikely. 99.9% chance that she will forever be poor.

Will you still choose her knowing this?
U said her own chances, dat does not mean dat d guy cannot have money. So....there is still a chance of her stat being improved
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2012
Pondering...

cr8v: I have a very keen sense of perception. I can tell your future by relating with you. I know that a gateman with enough character and mindset of an achiever can be a General Manager tomoro while a rich money-miss-road General Manager who has no character can degenerate to a Gate Man tomoro. So I look out for internal qualities. They are priceless
Good answer.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by star4(f): 5:50pm On Dec 08, 2012
I'll chase the old rich guy. He's old so he'll die sooner and then I will inherit the millions and live happily ever after. Then some hot guy will chase me for my money and I'll die happy! Thee end cheesy

1 Like

Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by smartg(m): 8:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
I would choose the poor girl, although there's nothing wrong in marrying an ugly or rich girl but i will not like to marry a girl that is older than me.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by temkemol: 1:03am On Dec 09, 2012
Are u wondering if you are in love as a lady... Here are signs that will tell you if you are truly in love
http://www.nigerianewsinfo.com/2012/11/15/10-signs-that-you-are-in-love/
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Denise216(f): 1:33am On Dec 09, 2012
nnenna.1:
I am going to create a related thread sometime later with more moderate options. For now though, this question has extreme options.

Women: you are approached by two suitors. One is the most handsome man you have ever seen and right off the bat you are physically and sexually attracted to him. Problem is that he is very poor and has a low paying job (gateman, gala seller, laborer, pick one) that can barely feed and take care of him financially. His chances of exiting his financial or social class is slim to none. The other guy has amassed extreme wealth reaching billions of US dollars from his private equity firm and is sure to even reach greater heights as he navigates his high flying career. You know that with this guy, you are assured of an opulent life, stability and status for your unborn children, opportunities to advance yourself by meeting and greeting the most powerful people in the world, and educational enrichment only accessible with money. Problem is that you have no attraction to this guy because he is ugly, old and shriveled. Bedroom dynamics is sure to be zero!

Who would you choose?

Men: Same scenario as with the women. Only
that you are about to chase two prospective ladies. One so breathtakingly beautiful and the pinnacle of what you find attractive in a woman, but broke and "low class" unrefined and "razz." The other woman so wealthy, refined, classy and influential but so old and ugly. Neither women will likely leave their social standing.

Who would you chase?

Who would you go with and give a chance of love with? The one you are attracted to, who is so beautiful that you can't breathe, for which a chance of procreating beautiful children is certain or the one who made something of himself/herself financially and socially through honest means despite looks (self-made wealth).

This depends on the position of the woman for a fair exchange. I'd go with option A, I prefer quality of life over standard of living. I can make an attractive man rich, I can't make an old man young.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by diva90: 3:17am On Dec 09, 2012
Looks are a necessity and so is the persons status. I can't marry a poor man sha.... He has to have a good job and be comfortable to a certain level before I agree to date him talkless of marrying him
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 09, 2012
claremont: I will choose the beautiful but poor lady, being poor is reversible. Money can be used to mask ugliness but an ugly gene is irredeemable, it will definitely be transferred from one generation to the next.

lmao grin
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by iamtheprincipal: 10:58pm On Dec 14, 2012
Graphy: d world wuld be a beta place if men like u still exist.

@Graphy, they do exist. The main issue is that damsels with good hearts are in extreme dearth.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
iamtheprincipal:

@Graphy, they do exist. The main issue is that damsels with good hearts are in extreme dearth.
wish i culd lay me hands on one someday.
Re: When Choosing A Mate: Wealth Or Beauty/attraction. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 14, 2012
iamtheprincipal:

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Went For NYSC And Completely Changed / No Honey Moon, No Sex Since After Marriage / I Cant Control Lusting After Ladies Bodies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.