Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,405 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA (11166 Views)

Mother Of Three Vomits Cocaine At Abuja Airport (photo) / NDLEA Arrests 'notorious Drug Baron' With Cocaine At Lagos Airport / Two Isis-bound Nigerians Arrested In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Santi222(m): 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2012
alaoeri: Before i even open the thread, i don't doubt about the perpetrators.
And wats dat supposed to mean?
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by koruji(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
That is indeed a moving thread.
However, I disagree with you about not condemning these people.
There is no way to justify a high crime like this because you are poor.
If we go down this road then we must soon be wary of condemning armed robbers than kill and main because, according to their words, it is the only option.
We are already lame at dealing with the pen robbers that dominate politics in this country and we cannot afford to also surrender to other criminals.

Sisi_Kill: After reading this Thread, I now pause when it comes to condemning these people. I am not condoning what they did but I won't totally blame them. I am certain given a better choice these guys won't taken these risks. . .I mean it is not like they don't know what will be done to them if caught but ask yourself this, won't things have to be really, really bad for someone to take on a task where the probability of being caught and jailed for life is high? Nigeria isn't a place where hard work leads to reversal of fortunes, if you don't know someone who knows someone. . .one just continues to rot in abject poverty.

Instead of the NDLEA feeling cool about catching drug smugglers, they should be asking themselves why there seems to be high rate of smugglers, why despite their publicizing every arrest, people still do it. At some point, they are gonna have to go back to the drawing board with other arms of the Govt to address the root of this problem.

1 Like

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Blazay(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/908757_Okonkwo-and-Nwafor_jpg1be2c5f092852dcf0b2d1c7a92685ec7[/img]

Are they related to Ojukwu? undecided
From other 'women' he did not 'declare' from Abidjan?
Just because of the 'head-shapes'.
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by ILOVEPUSY(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2012
Say no 2 D shocked
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Revolva(m): 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
Well this life is a Get rich or die trying situation --
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Noiseless2: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
Yes, drug trafficking is a crime a very bad one indeed, but it will do nigerians really good if they start throwing the same energy in also condemning other crimes you shouldn't pick and choose, you have crimes like yahoo yahoo fraudsters(financial terrorist) and islamic terrorist, the same sections screaming that drug crimes are "giving bad image to their nigeria" are the same bunch who would rather ague in favour of islamic terrorists and yahoo yahoo financial terrorists, what a double standard.
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by somegirl1: 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2012
^^lol...unfollowing
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by baysol: 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill: After reading this Thread, I now pause when it comes to condemning these people. I am not condoning what they did but I won't totally blame them. I am certain given a better choice these guys won't taken these risks. . .I mean it is not like they don't know what will be done to them if caught but ask yourself this, won't things have to be really, really bad for someone to take on a task where the probability of being caught and jailed for life is high? Nigeria isn't a place where hard work leads to reversal of fortunes, if you don't know someone who knows someone. . .one just continues to rot in abject poverty.

Instead of the NDLEA feeling cool about catching drug smugglers, they should be asking themselves why there seems to be high rate of smugglers, why despite their publicizing every arrest, people still do it. At some point, they are gonna have to go back to the drawing board with other arms of the Govt to address the root of this problem.

What are you then saying in simple english? When wrong is wrong it can never be right you sounded like the species this two belongs, Biafrog nijabigots. Look you must understand one thing that you cannot justify the destruction you guys heve caused to many innocent children and families in the name of get rich quick money lovers venture of drug trafficking. I before the others(IBO)brought not only bad image to Nigeria and disrespected the feelings and hard work and accomplishments of good Nigerians doing lots of good for themselves and to their fellow man kinds in other countries and indeed Nigeria. But for all these rot to take away or smear the good achievements of fellow country men? I think the end will justify the means we are watching.
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by obyrich(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
Aigbofa: I agree things are difficult in Nigeria. But if according to the NDLEA, the majority of Nigerians in Chinese jails for drug offences are from one state, does it mean there's more poverty in this particular state than others?
which state?

1 Like

Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by phemi01(m): 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
NDLEA will be useless witout drug pushers. So drug pushing is never gonna stop and NDLEA won't stop arresting.

Ppl gotta make money. The choice is YOURS!
Re: London-bound Nigerians Caught With Cocaine At MMIA by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
how exactly does heroin and coke get into nigeria,is it smuggled in?we dont poppy fields in nigeria,most heroin are grown in afghanistan and coke in latin america,how then do they find their way into nigeria,we only here of arrests out of nigeria meaning nigeria is a transit point,a lot of questions for the authorities,how do these drugs get in?are the arrested the cat's paw or a smokescreen for something bigger?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies Of Suspected Drug Overdose In India / Alleged Rape: Court Fixes Jan 26 For Judgement In Trial Of Bishop Feyi Daniel / Timothy Adegoke: Police Investigation Stalled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.