Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,112 members, 7,849,471 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? (29866 Views)

6 Reasons Gender Equality is beneficial To Nigerian MEN And Society At Large / Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/ No, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
fellis:

Your reasons do not make sense especially the facial hair part because men having facial hair is a sign of their not being as evolutionarily advanced as women (men are inferior in terms of evolution).
Just admit that you think women are inferior because the bible says so.
NO ONE IS INFERIOR OR SUPERIOR. WE ARE JUST DIFFERENT. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EQUALITY. EVEN BETWEEN MEN THERE IS NO EQUALITY.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
@fellis, tell us what you think.
1.That a woman chants feminists slogans at the slightest provocation from her husband.

2.That a woman sees her not cooking for her husband as equality

3.that a woman thinks she is equal only when she stands up to the man.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Meristem: 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2012
grin wink i can smell a gender war thread from 10,000yards! cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
fellis:

Your reasons do not make sense especially the facial hair part because men having facial hair is a sign of their not being as evolutionarily advanced as women (men are inferior in terms of evolution).
fellis:

fellis:

i cant believe you, who is supposedly repulsive to the idea of a gender superiority, wrote what you wrote there especially the one in bracket. This goes to prove that women are not really against the idea of gender superiority but are only being aggressive becos they are not in our shoes. What you put up there shows that feminists like you only want to dethrone the man and enthrone yourselves.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
fellis:

Fellis, I believe in gender equality like you but what you wrote is embarrassing.

Evolution doesnt say thay men or women are inferior. Furthermore, you are a muslim. You can not claim gender eqaulity when sisters inherit less than brothers according to the Quran.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by kemika: 5:16pm On Dec 08, 2012
No! It sudnt b! Cos it is not meant to b! We are destroying d order of nature and wot do u think will happen? Wot hapens wen we sandfill d ocean afta yrs my ppl? I wonder wot will hapen if ur female dog is trying to b like d male dog. It is like michael jackson trying to become white and wot hapend to him. Women can b anything but pls dont try to become men.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
kemika: No! It sudnt b! Cos it is not meant to b! We are destroying d order of nature and wot do u think will happen? Wot hapens wen we sandfill d ocean afta yrs my ppl? I wonder wot will hapen if ur female dog is trying to b like d male dog. It is like michael jackson trying to become white and wot hapend to him. Women can b anything but pls dont try to become men.

What basis do you use to define the "natural order"?

You are talking nonsense
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
Logicboy03:
Fellis, I believe in gender equality like you but what you wrote is embarrassing.
Evolution doesnt say thay men or women are inferior. Furthermore, you are a muslim. You can not claim gender eqaulity when sisters inherit less than brothers according to the Quran.
souldust: i cant believe you, who is supposedly repulsive to the idea of a gender superiority, wrote what you wrote there especially the one in bracket. This goes to prove that women are not really against the idea of gender superiority but are only being aggressive becos they are not in our shoes. What you put up there shows that feminists like you only want to dethrone the man and enthrone yourselves.

@souldust,I am not a feminist, I wonder why you said that.

First of all, I DO NOT THINK MEN ARE INFERIOR TO WOMEN.
No.

I wrote that statement because I had read on some site that humans evolved by natural selection to be hairless or to have less hair (when having fewer parasites became more important than having a warming/very hairy exterior body surface) and that women having less hair was a sign of their being more evolved.
That was what led to my thinking that way.
Apparently I was wrong, thanks for the correction.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
obadiah777: NO ONE IS INFERIOR OR SUPERIOR. WE ARE JUST DIFFERENT. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EQUALITY. EVEN BETWEEN MEN THERE IS NO EQUALITY.

OK, I agree. There can be no overall equality among human beings, all human beings were not born equal.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by superllyd: 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2012
I don't belive that man and women are equal. naturally.but they also deserve their respect.no matter ur educational degree,money . Woman is under the man
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2012
feminists say that men fell insecured beside a successful woman. But i say that feminists are jealous of the success men have had althrough ages. They are like "OMG why should it always be the man who is at the helm of affairs." did i hear women say "what a man can do, a woman can do better". What a big lie to tell yourselves to give yourselves false self esteem. (i am not saying you are worth nothing) but you know deep down in yoursef that that saying is a lie. I have tried to find one thing women are better at than men but cannot find any!
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Adamo84(m): 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2012
Logicboy03:

Your women generally have softer hair but I dont see them winning as much beauty contests as Nigerian women.

The richest black woman now is a Nigerian.

Somali or Somalian, it doesnt matter because you are a FAILED STATE, a FAILED COUNTRY.

When you are humble to the facts about Nigeria and your own country, then I cn call you my Somali brother. For now, you are an ignorant bigot
You and your Edioti.c Somali Friend will Derail and Scatter this Thread na! Don't know what's wrong with some People, They can't live without Insults. SMH
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2012
Adamo84: You and your Edioti.c Somali Friend will Derail and Scatter this Thread na! Don't know what's wrong with some People, They can't live without Insults. SMH

He is not my friend abeg! And you have added to derailing this thread. Thanks
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2012
@poster...Men and women were created differently to fulfill different functions. We'r 'equal' in different ways. The key word is 'Complement'.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by osifred(m): 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2012
True is we are not both equal. Even if we are some are more equal than others.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Kenistry(m): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
Nope.......God made it so, women will alwys b d weaker ones
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2012
fellis:

@souldust,I am not a feminist, I wonder why you said that.

First of all, I DO NOT THINK MEN ARE INFERIOR TO WOMEN.
No.

I wrote that statement because I had read on some site that humans evolved by natural selection to be hairless or to have less hair (when having fewer parasites became more important than having a warming/very hairy exterior body surface) and that women having less hair was a sign of their being more evolved.
That was what led to my thinking that way.
Apparently I was wrong, thanks for the correction.

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by ireneidiva(f): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
Im a lady, 4rm my engineering experience, all i can say is that the only things guys have that i do not have is physical strength. thread closed

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by ireneidiva(f): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2012
Im a lady, 4rm my engineering experience, all i can say is that the only thing guys have that i do not have is physical strength. thread closed
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by trolling(m): 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
if a woman is equal to a man then why wasnt she created the same day Adam was created or why was she taken out of a man, why wasnt she taken out of the elements like Adam, why didnt she get her instruction from God directly when she was taken out of Adam but was rather instructed by Adam or why was she in the outer court of the temple while the men was in the inner court or why is she prohibited from the temple on certain period of the month or why did God say to her He shall rule over you or why did Sarah call Abraham master.Or why would seven women beg a man to take their names in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by trolling(m): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2012
kulyie: D bible says we are all equal in d sight of god,God is no respecter of persons or gender,dat should give u an answer to your question so it is totally unbiblical for any human being,i dont care what his or her gender is to say God said men are superior or are not equal to women thats bull.sh1t
respecter of person in the sense that if a jew sins and a gentile sins, He will both punish them, not your own private interpretation, if we they are equal to us why did He say Adam shall rule over eve. there is no respecter of person when it comes to judgement
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by phemi01(m): 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
DAll these stubborn ladies. If u like kill yourselves. You can never be equal to a man. No wonder many of u cannot stay in a marriage, because u'll never respect your man.

Women have already been given equal opportunities as men. Wat else do u ppl want? U want to call yourself a man? Una wan teach God him work? Yet these ladies claim to xtians/muslims. Don't u read your holy books?

We have equal opportunities to reach any height. BUT we are not dsame and never will. Women! Learn to stay on your lane. Stop trying to enter d BRT lane. It is 4 men alone ;DAll these stubborn ladies. If u like kill yourselves. You can never be equal to a man. No wonder many of u cannot stay in a marriage, because u'll never respect your man.

Women have already been given equal opportunities as men. Wat else do u ppl want? U want to call yourself a man? Una wan teach God him work? Yet these ladies claim to xtians/muslims. Don't u read your holy books?

We have equal opportunities to reach any height. BUT we are not dsame and never will.
Women! Learn to stay on your lane. Stop trying to enter d BRT lane. It is 4 men alone. grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by kene01: 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
for all those who delight in quotin d bible to favour themselves, the bible never said the man is the head of the woman. even when God cursed them in the garden of eden, He said her desire shall be for her 'husband' not for a man. it's also said in the bible dat the husband should be the head of his wife and the home.it wasn't said anywhere in the bible that the man should be the head of everywoman. man and woman are created equal and it's only in the event of marriage that the woman willingly gives submits to the authority of the man and agrees for a man to come and be her head
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
Mr_Chima: Depends on my geographical location. in america or china-yes. in africa-no
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by solomon111(m): 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2012
Mr_Chima: Depends on my geographical location. in america or china-yes. in africa-no
Gender equality is a fallacy in china.
The only countries in the world who blab hypocritically about gender equality,is the US and their UK stooge,especially the US,who have not had a female president in its history.
How hypocritical can you get?
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by tushbobo(m): 11:39pm On Dec 08, 2012
In human rights "yes" but generally "no". Women are not equal to men and vice-versa. The very fact that you asked the question shows that the answer is self evident.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by tushbobo(m): 11:41pm On Dec 08, 2012
Maybe a poll should be added to the thread.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 08, 2012
^We can no longer create polls on Nairaland because Seun removed that function from the site.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by tushbobo(m): 11:52pm On Dec 08, 2012
Never knew that.
On the other hand,what most women don't know is that Men love and respect them and the only way they can be equal is by understanding their role and playing it perfectly.All these Aluta and forceful agitations will lead to nothing.
There are countless women who are greater and more equal than a lot of men so who cares really.
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by estheta: 11:55pm On Dec 08, 2012
I believe in gender sensitivity. Male is not equall to female. The term gender equallity is very wrong. The male should be sensitive to the female gender and the female sensitive to the male gender. They are complementary, not equall. We are only equall spiritually.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by trolling(m): 12:03am On Dec 09, 2012
estheta: I believe in gender sensitivity. Male is not equall to female. The term gender equallity is very wrong. The male should be sensitive to the female gender and the female sensitive to the male gender. They are complementary, not equall. We are only equall spiritually.
keep it up, if u be my wife, we no go even dey talk about who if greater or smaller, we go just dey love ourself
Re: Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? by DaVinChiSam(m): 3:38am On Dec 09, 2012
This is simple... We don't have the same sex Organs... You got ya pu pu and I got ma di di... How the hell in the world are we equal eh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Ovie Richard Ogbon Celebrates 105th Birthday (Photos) / Colorful Pictures Of Onitsha Ofala Festival As American Missions Visits- PICS / Igbos Migrated From Ile-Ife - Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.