Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Kano PDP Elder Hajiya Rabi Wants To Marry Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano PDP Elder Hajiya Rabi Wants To Marry Kwankwaso (966 Views)

Hajiya Yusuf Who Died At The Hajj Stampede Pictured With Oby Ezekwesili / Hajiya Talatu Starts Trekking From Kaduna-abuja To Celebrate Buhari (photo) / Kano PDP Primaries: Takia Wins As Abacha’s Son Withdraws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kano PDP Elder Hajiya Rabi Wants To Marry Kwankwaso by bethnals: 7:53pm On Dec 08, 2012

Hajiya Rabi Shehu Sharada is an elder in the Kano State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP]. In a chat with our correspondent, SALISU IBRAHIM, the woman political chieftain explained why she wants to marry the state’s chief executive, Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, whom she said requires an important emotional attachment that will help him turn around the state. Rabi also argued that if the governor accepts the gauntlet, she will serve as a source for his emotional stability and Kano citizens would reap from the union in terms of development and focus. Perhaps Rabi’s challenge to Kwankwaso was what started like a joke in the local political parlance on Kano radio stations through “foot soldiers,” but is now developing to a huge challenge for the governor.

Rabi, in a radio programme recently said she has so much to offer to the state governor if he decides to accept the challenge and the union would go a long way to make Kano a better place. “I have tremendous respect for the governor. I have been his supporter and admirer in the past, but I’m worried about how key elements in our great party have been sidelined.

But the fact that we are now in different political camps, cannot stop me from aligning with his administration. We want PDP to succeed, and we want him to succeed. His success is the success of our party, but we are concerned that in spite of the tremendous role we have played in bringing back the PDP administration into reckoning after its defeat in 2003, the fortune of the party is dwindling. That is why we cannot wish for the failure of the state governor or the party” Rabi told our correspondent.

When I look at the challenges facing the state, and the manner in which the state government include and exclude PDP members in the running of the administration, I told myself that the best way to address these issues is to go closer to the governor.

So I took the challenge as advanced by some people to re-marry and pay less attention to politics in good faith. “You know I’m a mother and I come from a humble background. I’m convinced I can make a difference in the life of the governor. I can touch his life emotionally and help him in having better focus for the state and our people would reap tremendous benefit,” the PDP chieftain told WEEKEND LEADERSHIP.

“On my mind I have a lot that will make Kano a great place to live, and I think assisting people through the state governor by giving him advise in that capacity will improve the living condition of our people. So, those who want me to get married and pay less attention to politics have realised a value in me, which is why I took the challenge seriously and decided to throw the challenge back to the state governor, because the unity between us would impact positively on our state and that is my ultimate goal. Since then I have requested for a registration form from the Hisbah Board and if the governor accepts the offer, I would get ready for the big challenge”, Hajiya Rabi said.

“Contracting marriage is a matter that is always destined by Allah, if Allah said Kwankwaso and I would get married so be it, and I think if that happens, the unity would help Kano people tremendously.”

Of immediate concern to Hajiya Rabi is the polarisation of PDP in the state, which she said continues to pose a great challenge. Right now, the party is divided into three groups and the best way to describe the situation is to look at it as a tripod; the Garkuwa, Kwankwasiyya and Tabo groups. Regrettably, the party should not have been polarised along loyalty level that is why I want to go close to the governor and help him in bringing the three different groupings together and guarantee the success of the party in the future.

“Our expectation was that when PDP emerged as the new ruling party in the state, the administration would have been all inclusive without reference to the various groupings that formed the tripod, The growing poor relationships between the governor and the civil servants, and with the Ulama, the wealthy people and of course, the party members among the various other groups.

In fact, by the time Governor Kwankwaso agrees to look into my request and add me among his wives, there would be so much tremendous changes in the state. I’ve been in politics with him, I understand his psychology and through years of my experience in politics I can advise and re-direct his focus on how to make Kano a better place.

Hajiya Rabi said she had resolved to get close to the governor through marriage because of its intimate attachment since that would be the best option before her to impact positively on the governor and as a matter of priority suggest ways of improving governance in the state.

“I can be for him if he accepts to register along with me at the Hisbah Board. If God destined that this marriage is to take place, I have no quarrel with it, since Kwankwaso has the right to marry more than one wife and I’m sure Kano people would be better for it and our party would rise and rise again,” Hajiya Rabi said.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/41992/2012/12/08/kano_hisbah_marriage_i_want_marry_gov_kwankwaso_sharada.html

cool cool
Re: Kano PDP Elder Hajiya Rabi Wants To Marry Kwankwaso by veraponpo(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2012
Is this love or love of money and power?
Re: Kano PDP Elder Hajiya Rabi Wants To Marry Kwankwaso by Osama10(m): 9:31pm On Dec 08, 2012
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Danbaba Suntai Can Neither Talk Nor See – Taraba Acting Governor Cries Out / Nigerian Police Games Amidst Insecurity In Nigeria / Okupe To Buhari - Persuade Boko-Haram To Accept Dialogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.