Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? (30604 Views)

N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard / How Okonjo-Iweala's Mother Escaped From Kidnappers - Police / Kidnappers Of Okonjo-iweala's Mother Demand $1Billion Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by esoteric1: 9:01am On Dec 10, 2012
No doubt the widespread inequality, exploitation, and poverty brought about by the capitalitist oriented economic policies of the finance minister/FG gives many nigerians reasons not to sympathise with the finance minister but in God's name and in the name of motherhood, anybody that has access to the kidnappers should persuade them to threat the old woman with utmost kindness. The old woman is not directly responsible for her daughter's harsh economic policies and glaring government failure in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 10, 2012
Wow!
Best post I have read on this thread so far.
Godman_n: Are we not aware that virtually every Nigerian now is a rogue

.......The pride of our forefathers must be restored. We deserve a country that can stand and fight for us in the committee of nations. This centuries old slavery that started with "Discovery/Exploration, Slavery, Forced Trade, Colonisation, Flag Independent and Neo-colonialism" must be brought to an end while we live. If we don't our children will suffer a worse fate than ours
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 10, 2012
Hmmmmm.... I hope this is a trend that'll continue this week...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:10am On Dec 10, 2012
GARRI (x7):
...NO FOOD FOR THE POOR...
especially GARRI...in 7fold
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by ypzilanti: 9:13am On Dec 10, 2012
There should be a highly trained anti-kidnapping and terrorism agency reporting directly to the Presidency. Recruit graduates...send them to FBI or Mossad for serious training. Equip them with IT knowledge, helicopters...everything they need. provide them with an advanced crime lab. These trained guys should oversee ALL kidnapping and terrorism investigations and report to an Agency Head who is directly answerable to the President.

Im sure that will cost less than the 9 billion contract for Vice president residence. 2.2 billion for new event hall, and 1.2 billion feeding money for Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by GeJ79: 9:16am On Dec 10, 2012
AT THE KIDNAPPERS IF YOU CAN'T GET THE MONEY PUT THE TRIGER ON THE OLD WOMAN.......... MANY ORDINARY NIGERIANS DON DIE FOR THIS CAUSE N THEY THE LOOTERS NEVER CARE. THANK GOD THE GAME DON CHANGE.........WHO'S. NEXT?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by Jerros213(m): 9:18am On Dec 10, 2012
claremont: I wonder why the average Nigerian has become so sadistic that they rejoice at the misfortune of others, what is so good about an innocent grandmother being kidnapped (regardless of who she is)?!

There is a thin line between human beings and animals, and that thin line is our inherent common humanism. The day we loose this common humanism, we no longer become human beings, we become animals. Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you.

WOE BETIDE YOU!!!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:19am On Dec 10, 2012
cry, the beloved motherland, cry

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:20am On Dec 10, 2012
BTW,wat's dis thread doing in d politics section?
methink kidnapping is crime nah,
abi na political kidnappism?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by onatisi(m): 9:25am On Dec 10, 2012
decoder dgenius: Diezani Allison Madueke is next
AMEN IN JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by seanet02: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2012
Solozzo:

FOOL!!!
Your papa
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by ziregbemoses: 9:34am On Dec 10, 2012
Don't wish someone what you do not wish yourself. You don't know the pains to have your love one kidnapped.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by Olaolufred(m): 9:37am On Dec 10, 2012
ypzilanti: There should be a highly trained anti-kidnapping and terrorism agency reporting directly to the Presidency. Recruit graduates...send them to FBI or Mossad for serious training. Equip them with IT knowledge, helicopters...everything they need. provide them with an advanced crime lab. These trained guys should oversee ALL kidnapping and terrorism investigations and report to an Agency Head who is directly answerable to the President.

Im sure that will cost less than the 9 billion contract for Vice president residence. 2.2 billion for new event hall, and 1.2 billion feeding money for Aso rock.

TRAINING, TRAINING AND RE-TRAINING WON'T STILL SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.
LET GOODLUCK REPENT FROM STEALING OUR MONEY,
LET HIM STOP THOSE THIEVES THEY ARE WORKING TOGETHER FROM DOING SAME.
IN FEW YEARS, DEVELOPMENT WILL GET TO THESE GUN-WIELDING YOUTHS.
GAINFULLY THEY WILL START MAKING LEGITIMATE MONEY.
BUT WHERE A GOVT OFFICIAL CAN MAKE 10BILLION NAIRA IN 5 SECONDS,
INEQUALITY WON'T GIVE BIRTH TO EQUALITY.
NEITHER WILL INJUSTICE GIVE BIRTH TO PEACE.

WHEN POOR MAN HAS NO FOOD, RICH MAN WILL HAVE NO SLEEP.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by omosexy1: 9:38am On Dec 10, 2012
I am totally shocked at the comments I am reading. To some level it shows how wicked we can be. Many people claim she is looting the treasury and deserves the trauma. First what is your proof, you don't accuse someone without facts and evidence. NOI is passionate about doing something for this country. She is passionate about fighting corruption especially in the Oil Sector and all she gets is kidnapping her mom. Rather than we sympathise and condemn the crime, a cross-section of people are actually praising the kidnappers. I am totally disgusted. I am not extremely glad with NOI because I had high hopes. I thought she would transform the country into an economic power house within a short period. Yet it still shouldn't make me rejoice over the kidnap of her mom. She has done nothing wrong to deserve this and to make it worst people commending the criminals. I pray all is settled soon and mama returns back home unharmed.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by iykak47: 9:41am On Dec 10, 2012
berem: a mother of a thief is also a thief! They shouldn't be spared.I guess this should be an eye opener for other criminals who siphone Nigeria's money for their selfish interest.
Did she steal from your father? Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's mother is not responsible for your poverty. A useless sadist like you.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by einsteine(m): 9:43am On Dec 10, 2012
By that logic, your mother is an I.D.I.O.T. No offense meant, by the way.

berem: a mother of a thief is also a thief! They shouldn't be spared.I guess this should be an eye opener for other criminals who siphone Nigeria's money for their selfish interest.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:46am On Dec 10, 2012
Omen100:

Jona wey discharge him Mama 2 villa since 2007 after dey bomb him house 4 belyesa
chu! sharp guy...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by ypzilanti: 9:56am On Dec 10, 2012
omosexy1: I am totally shocked at the comments I am reading. To some level it shows how wicked we can be. Many people claim she is looting the treasury and deserves the trauma. First what is your proof, you don't accuse someone without facts and evidence. NOI is passionate about doing something for this country. She is passionate about fighting corruption especially in the Oil Sector and all she gets is kidnapping her mom. Rather than we sympathise and condemn the crime, a cross-section of people are actually praising the kidnappers. I am totally disgusted. I am not extremely glad with NOI because I had high hopes. I thought she would transform the country into an economic power house within a short period. Yet it still shouldn't make me rejoice over the kidnap of her mom. She has done nothing wrong to deserve this and to make it worst people commending the criminals. I pray all is settled soon and mama returns back home unharmed.

I understand your shock. I do not advocate kidnap of elderly parents, but NOI has lost the respect of many Nigerians. If this had happened in her first dispensation, their would have been an outpouring of well wishes from Nigerians. She has contaminated her good name with that of a government that spends billions on frivolities and steals without fear.

Someone told me that politicians and civil servants who give their best to Nigerians and retire without a loot of cash begin to envy their thieving colleagues after a couple of years when they see that the thieves get away scot free.

Example of Obasanjo was given...as a man who saw IBB's great wealth and swore that if given another chance he would hammer his own. Going by that theory, maybe NOI has lost her way too.

The insecurity in the nation is bad...we keep hearing 'we are on top of it' but no solid action is being taken. Firstly, the youth must be employed. Just rebuilding the nations infrastructure with massive construction will engage a lot of people.

Anyway, I digress. We had to move my mother to the city to avoid this type of wahala. Ask youself, how come Lagos is safer than a lot of villages? The village was once the safest place to be in Nigeria. Now the youth are kidnapping the parents of those 'doing well' in Lagos. embarassed
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by logica(m): 9:56am On Dec 10, 2012
omosexy1: I thought she would transform the country into an economic power house within a short period.
LOL. She's just here to ensure that Europe has quick access to bail-out money when they need it. She's an Aunt Jemima; a House Negro. And the Subsidy Panel exposed her fat a$$ seriously. As for her mother being kidnapped, it is none of my business.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by onatisi(m): 9:56am On Dec 10, 2012
all this thing dey very simple ,make NOI and gej pay the money ,simple as abc.i just hope those guys demand real high like 25millin dollars.chicken change for noi
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by AdamuW: 9:56am On Dec 10, 2012
It's sad to read some of the comments on this topic. Everything is not black and white. Every rich person in Nigeria is not corrupt. Not every government official is a crook and not every poor or young person in Nigeria a lovely saint. Where do you think half of the new crooks and thugs in government came from? The young. And there are many waiting in line for their turn.

People are saying NOI stole money and sold out Nigeria to 'her white masters'. OK if that is the case show us the proof and explain your position. Some said she should have changed the country. Do you think it's easy to change a country full of powerful people who would kill you and your family if you try and stop them from maintaining their power base? It is very easy to shout from the sidelines that you would change the country if you were president etc. Of course people are angry with the leadership but the bad situation in the country is too deep and complex. It is not that easy. Read between the lines and try to objectively see who is actually doing a good job and who is stealing.

I know I could not handle the pressures and danger involved in trying to single handedly battle the dark forces that exist in this country.

I hope her mother comes back safe.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by secreyor: 9:56am On Dec 10, 2012
I only pray d 82 yr old woman does not die in thier hands like my own grandmom did...My grandmom died of depression in d hands of kidnappers just because my uncle went into politics...does people wishing her death have indeed shown dat NIGERIANS ARE VERY WICKED. I also wish ur mothers and grandmothers d most painful deaths possible...So NOI's crime is to be Nigeria's best ever finance minister and exposing d rot in d Nigerian petroleum industry..WHO PLEASES YOU WICKED NIGERIANS?.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by iykak47: 9:59am On Dec 10, 2012
Kikinki: @ onatisi or whatever the hell ur name is,i am a young lady of 23yrs with my own company courtesy of okonjo's YOUWIN programme.i did not pay a dime to get my money and proposal approved cos she was so transparent and i dont suck up to nobody for progress in life.so while others move ahead keep bleeping jealousy and ignorance with ur cohorts.u guys can get lost in the island of DESPAIR
That's Naija for you, full of bitterness
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by iykak47: 10:04am On Dec 10, 2012
eldoradoxx: Today I lost faith in my generation in Nigeria after reading comments by deranged people who support the kidnapp of an 82 year old woman, helpless and fragile woman, a professor who had help mould Nigeria through hundred/ thousands of students that had passed through her simply because she is the (unfortunate) mum of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. This generation is hopelessly lost and I weep for this country. You claim its poverty that instigates kidnapping and I ask, are these kidnapper really poor people? It is greed not poverty that fuel s kidnapping. The other day Peter Obi had to demolish choice properties owned by these kidnappers! If it was poverty, why didn't they stop after some successful outing. For whoever that is support the kidnapp of his/ her fellow human, remember God is watching, what goes around comes around. It may be Ngozi's fragile 82 year old mum, tomorrow,might be ur fragile mum or dad or baby. Decent and sane pple don't celebrate this kind of news, only animls do !!

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by OMABYK: 10:09am On Dec 10, 2012
'Curroption will always fight back'.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by Revolva(m): 10:12am On Dec 10, 2012
What goes around comes around our subsidy wahala case now -- she has had her own share so now na boiz for street own share -Nice job boiz keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by banki(m): 10:18am On Dec 10, 2012
I taught mr president said Nigeria was very safe just last week......

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by MurderX: 10:42am On Dec 10, 2012
Below is also a kidnap alert of a promising young engineer with a bright future ahead. A newly wed just starting his life and family but because he is a common Nigerian, guess what? not a single comment on his page.

https://www.nairaland.com/1125578/oau-student-missing-lanre-fashesin#13279725

Mr. Lanre Fashesin has not been heard from in the last 3 months after he was kidnapped at a site in Edo State.

The family had up until now made frantic efforts to secure his release to no avail. The Police also claim to have hit a dead end and seem to have become clueless as to how else to find the kidnapped engineer. Mr. Fashesin was working at the site where he was kidnapped as a contractor for Dextron Engineering Limited based in Lagos.

The family today put out a release appealing to members of the public to kindly join in the search for Lanre who recently just got married.

Engr. Lanre Fashesin, referred to by the kidnappers as ‘Larry’ (see picture) was kidnapped around a Niger Delta PHCN project site in Iguiye village(between Okada & Benin City) 4 months ago. We have not heard anything from him or the kidnappers for about 3 months now.

Lanre is 6 foot 3 inches tall, and speaks Yoruba and English fluently.

Please call 08069439240 if you have any information & spread the word.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by rusher14: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2012
Adeniyi A.:
BTW,wat's dis thread doing in d politics section?
methink kidnapping is crime nah,
abi na political kidnappism?
I think it should be in the business section.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by ypzilanti: 10:52am On Dec 10, 2012
Murder_X: Below is also a kidnap alert of a promising young engineer with a bright future ahead. A newly wed just starting his life and family but because he is a common Nigerian, guess what? not a single comment on his page.

https://www.nairaland.com/1125578/oau-student-missing-lanre-fashesin#13279725

Mr. Lanre Fashesin has not been heard from in the last 3 months after he was kidnapped at a site in Edo State.

The family had up until now made frantic efforts to secure his release to no avail. The Police also claim to have hit a dead end and seem to have become clueless as to how else to find the kidnapped engineer. Mr. Fashesin was working at the site where he was kidnapped as a contractor for Dextron Engineering Limited based in Lagos.

The family today put out a release appealing to members of the public to kindly join in the search for Lanre who recently just got married.

Engr. Lanre Fashesin, referred to by the kidnappers as ‘Larry’ (see picture) was kidnapped around a Niger Delta PHCN project site in Iguiye village(between Okada & Benin City) 4 months ago. We have not heard anything from him or the kidnappers for about 3 months now.

Lanre is 6 foot 3 inches tall, and speaks Yoruba and English fluently.

Please call 08069439240 if you have any information & spread the word.

Very sad. Its a national tragedy that people are kidnapped and the government does not have a national strategy to counter it. Are we investing in crime labs? Forensic experts? IT experts? Are we seriously pursuing an agenda to employ the teeming youth? we dont even have a '911' number that people can call with clues or information. People have to give out personal GSM numbers that people cannot remember.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2012
Chickens are coming home to roost.....this is just the law of nature,when the poor outnumber the rich,and when people become dehumanised it becomes ground for anarchy and chaos....

LET THEM BUILD THEIR HIGH FENCES,

LET THEM HAVE THEIR SECURITY,

DRIVE THEIR ARMOURED CARS,

SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT ABROAD,

FLY THEIR JETS...THINKING THAT THEY CAN BLOCK OUT REALITY...

WE EXIST INA SOCIETY AND THE HUNGRY OUTNUMBER THE FED...
LOL..
TIME WILL COME WHEN THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES THAT THEY ARE TRYING SO HARD TO FORGET

LIVING IN A FOOL'S PARADISE,
SITTING ON A VOLCANO THAT IS ABOUT TO ERUPT,

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother Kidnapped? by banki(m): 10:59am On Dec 10, 2012
The president says the country is safe make says nigerians are the problems along with the media loupe says transparency international is fed with information from nigerians, inspector general says the robbery incident in edo and the SARS attack was a hoax aha ga says he has created over three million jobs since last year noi says the economy is ok, deizani says there is fuel everyone in government seems to be talking.......but no 1 is working, it's time for her to fill a lil bit of what the average Nigerian feels

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Anambra Government Picks Children Hawking During School Hours (Photos) / Police Take Over Cross River Assembly / 2019: "I Can Win With APGA" - Okorocha Admits Losing Control Of State APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.