Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom (11094 Views)

Governors Demand For Okonjo-Iweala’s Resignation / Parcel Bomb For Okonjo-Iweala Dropped At Post-Office / N10M Ransom Paid For Okonjo-Iweala’s Mother - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by ochukoccna: 7:36am On Dec 11, 2012
WinkWrld: One Day,the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich. grin grin grin grin
So on point.
You wonder who's next cool cool

labamo07: I wonder when you people will stop derailing threads with tribalism and sentiment. GEJ is working, BH and kidnappers are working harder.
ha ha ha grin grin grin

ijigbamigb: Nigerian Police Force and their stupid modus operandi. Must they tell the entire world this is and insider case and they are inviting the families. Foolish People
If bandwidth permits you watch this take on Nigerian society including her police

EagleNest: What a shame! What other lies can we tell the international community.
My dear Nigeria is finished.
Its good its becoming clearer than daylight with every ticking second
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Revolva(m): 7:45am On Dec 11, 2012
The police promised to rescue her in 24 hours.

Although the 24 hours given by the police has long passed, the state’s police commissioner is optimistic his officers will bring the professor back home, unscathed “soon.”

Haha even the police can't do anything they will make matters worst -Okonjo madam go drag the price oo start negotiating unless na her finger dem go send for parcel give you --
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Stiv(m): 7:48am On Dec 11, 2012
kaffy4tope:

Shut d bleep dia. Just because ure from a Godforsaken tribe, a tribe known as the origin of enormous crimes commiting in Nigeria 2day doesn't mean you should vest your uncontrollable anger and stupid frustrations on d well respected, peaceful and easygoing YORUBAS.
You should be in d corner of ur room by now, covering ur face, cos most of dese heinous crimes came frm no where but ur stupid and God rejected tribe. Even ur retardeen, dull, actionless, dindinrin president u hv can never underestimate Yorubas. No be Obasanjo put am dia? If not for Baba wey dey rule frm Ota Farm, ur olodo president would hv long gone.
Just dt lemme see u ever talk to Yorubas lyk dt in ur life "ti sonpanna o ba ti fe pa e"
Finally, wheneva u see a yoruba fellow, u knw hw to address them? say 'YESBOSS'

Its obvious you have no job and are not educated. An educated fellow won't address another tribe as God-rejected. An educated fellow wouldn't call the president of his country 'olodo.' An educated would also know that someone put Obasanjo in power.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Decryptor(m): 7:49am On Dec 11, 2012
[quote author=]RIP[/quote] what's the RIP for? Are u one of the kidnappers? Una don kill the old woman?
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by kellystech(m): 7:54am On Dec 11, 2012
I wanna thank God Almighty for making me see today, I also wanna thank my parents for bringing me to this world, my special thanks goes my friend for making me see this wonderful forum and my last thanks goes to the mod(although he or she is silly) for finally unbanning me!. Yes! At last I can comment again grin grin
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Decryptor(m): 7:55am On Dec 11, 2012
rick.ross:

The rantings of an educated illiterate. The frustrations of a man who claims his tribe are most educated yet even their professors destroy the faces of their children with horrible tribal marks in the name of tradition. Group of gorillas that still shiit in nylon bags even in the 21st century. WHen you look yourself in the morrow, what will u tell your parents for doing these to you? You are not supposed to be alive, go hang yourself or better still kill your parents for destroying your already horrible face.
Fattest, ugliest, dumbest, noisiest, blackest and dirtiest black race ever
1000 likes
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 11, 2012
Stiv:

Its obvious you have no job and are not educated. An educated fellow won't address another tribe as God-rejected. An educated fellow wouldn't call the president of his country 'olodo.' An educated would also know that someone put Obasanjo in power.
Who put OBJ in power? tell us
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by hagma37yahoocom: 8:11am On Dec 11, 2012
Even FBI no fit do anything about her save realise. Madam minister collect the phone from naija police and negotiate yourself, else those nasty foolish stupiid yeye adultnappers can go nasty. Tell NPF to start manhunt for the robbers immediatly you secure the release of your dear mumcy. Dont toy with proffesor's life.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by bensonpapi(m): 8:17am On Dec 11, 2012
Altho am nt in support of kinappin...bt to b candid guys ar nt smillin..no job And d future looks uncertain...$1b s stil reasonable..dey av d money
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2012
Why won't the police deny,afterall no be dem go pay the money.
The abductors no well at all,the sin of the woman shouldn't be visited on the mother.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by 5much(m): 8:45am On Dec 11, 2012
house 2 house search by security agents cos a high profile personality is involved. what happens wen a commoner is involved?

2 Likes

Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by cyril83(m): 8:52am On Dec 11, 2012
kellystech: I wanna thank God Almighty for making me see today, I also wanna thank my parents for bringing me to this world, my special thanks goes my friend for making me see this wonderful forum and my last thanks goes to the mod(although he or she is silly) for finally unbanning me!. Yes! At last I can comment again grin grin
welcome back inmate, how was d prison?
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by albacete(m): 8:52am On Dec 11, 2012
When will tribalism end in Nigeria (in general) and Nairaland (in particular)?

Tomorrow we complain of racial discrimination against blacks by d whites when all we do here is play d same ethnic card @ d slightest chance.

Belittling people from other tribes does not add any value to ur life. And calling others from other tribes names does not make them what u think them to be. Just d way u don't believe u are a black monkey because someone calls u one.

If any of my yoruba friends (cos i get them plenty) is in a difficult situation, the least i can feel for him/her is empathy and pray (YES, pray cos i believe there is God) for him/her to get out of it ASAP because we are Nigerians, not minding the tribe.

@Topic:
But come to think of the ransom: a billion dollars? Someone has got to be kidding me. We are talking about over 150 billion naira here. Methinks there is a typo about dat figure. It's either a billion naira or something like 10 million dollars (still on d high side).

But if what is being demanded is actually a billion USD, believe me, the kidnappers won't get as much as 10% of that.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by cyril83(m): 8:57am On Dec 11, 2012
5much: house 2 house search by security agents cos a high profile personality is involved. what happens wen a commoner is involved?
did I hear you say house to house search,infact naija police operating system is not different frm boys scout or man o war, for your information d old woman is presently in one of d villages in south sudan
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by vanstanzy(m): 8:58am On Dec 11, 2012
Don't be glad that this is happening to the super rich, cos when it really gets out of hand, it'll extend to the middle-class. For those that make silly comments, be warned! Instead lets pray this kidnapping ring dies very soon.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by cyril83(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2012
vanstanzy: Don't be glad that this is happening to the super rich, cos when it really gets out of hand, it'll extend to the middle-class. For those that make silly comments, be warned! Instead lets pray this kidnapping ring dies very soon.
can you please explain how it will extend to the middle class?...some pple dnt knw how to make use of their mouth,my frnd stop typing nonsenseee here

1 Like

Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by vanstanzy(m): 9:07am On Dec 11, 2012
Kayusfity: Good for our greedy leaders. Boys are not smiling. Anyway, 1st to comment. Thank God

Ur comment is a shame. Ur mind is that this kidnapping will not spiral out of control and get to the commoners doorstep.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by vanstanzy(m): 9:09am On Dec 11, 2012
cyril83: can you please explain how it will extend to the middle class?...some pple dnt knw how to make use of their mouth,my frnd stop typing nonsenseee here

Use ur thinking cap for once or sleep over my comment. I don't answer to u.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by bigcycs: 9:13am On Dec 11, 2012
cyril83: Those boiz go don dey sample d old woman by now coz samplin d old woman toto is jst like samplin virgin oh,e go don tight like mad...chai

You are one mean broda out there
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by bigcycs: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2012
cyril83: Those boiz go don dey sample d old woman by now coz samplin d old woman toto is jst like samplin virgin oh,e go don tight like mad...chai
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by vanstanzy(m): 9:22am On Dec 11, 2012
kaffy4tope:

Shut d bleep dia. Just because ure from a Godforsaken tribe, a tribe known as the origin of enormous crimes commiting in Nigeria 2day doesn't mean you should vest your uncontrollable anger and stupid frustrations on d well respected, peaceful and easygoing YORUBAS.
You should be in d corner of ur room by now, covering ur face, cos most of dese heinous crimes came frm no where but ur stupid and God rejected tribe. Even ur retardeen, dull, actionless, dindinrin president u hv can never underestimate Yorubas. No be Obasanjo put am dia? If not for Baba wey dey rule frm Ota Farm, ur olodo president would hv long gone.
Just dt lemme see u ever talk to Yorubas lyk dt in ur life "ti sonpanna o ba ti fe pa e"
Finally, wheneva u see a yoruba fellow, u knw hw to address them? say 'YESBOSS'

SHAME ON U and UR 16 likes. IT'S VERY PITIFUL, THE $H!7 COMING OUT OF UR MIND. PEOPS LIKE U SHOULD BE IN SOLITARY CONFINEMENT.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by vanstanzy(m): 9:26am On Dec 11, 2012
mavinc4u:

At times we overdo things in the name of fun.which tribe is God rejected tribe? Comment is not by force,you must not comment to be noticed but for people to learn and not indirectly pouring curses on your generations in the name of comment.next time if you want to comment,ask a responsible,sensible and mannered person to cross check your comment before posting. No offence

One million likes.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by lumeneng22: 9:56am On Dec 11, 2012
Kayusfity: Good for our greedy leaders. Boys are not smiling. Anyway, 1st to comment. Thank God
. Any award for that?
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by omarky(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2012
Kai!!! This police self...., why can't they make their investigations secrecy? These people are bounce of fools. Nigeria Police lack ethics of their job. They too revealing...
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by lumeneng22: 10:02am On Dec 11, 2012
But wait a munite, these kidnappers get too much long throat o! How many gana must go bag them wan take carry am?
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by samuelkaykay(m): 10:20am On Dec 11, 2012
luvmijeje: Thumbs-up to d abductors,keep it up.
This's what we face everyday due to ur greediness,wickedness and corrupt tendencies.

its either u are a fool or a fan of thugs,Dr Ngozi bad act do not justify the kidnap of her aged mum.dont attract God's wrath.
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:37am On Dec 11, 2012
I only pity the innocent pple that the naija police will parade in d name of suspects

1 Like

Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Ndoz(m): 11:03am On Dec 11, 2012
rick.ross:
You see the way most people are happy that this womans mother has been kidnapped.
For the first time on Nairaland, Nigerians are praising kidnappers simply bc this woman is not from yorobberland. Now i know why Nigeria is a failed state.

WHAT HAS NGOZI OKONJO IWEALA DONE, I mean what crime did she commit to deserve this? I could remember many of you lunatics were even supporting confirmed criminals like TINUBU when he was arrested, you all went sentimental bc he is Yoruba abi? I mean tinubu is a confirmed criminal that has bad records everywhere with dozens of foreign banks accounts as evidence, yet you lots were rallying round him claiming he was being prosecuted unjustly by PDP?

But this is a case of an innocent old woman, a professor for that matter There has never been any proven evidence that NOI has stolen Nigerias money. Even if she has, what has it got to do with her mother? ARE YOU GUYS READY TO RECEIVE GODS WRATH AND JUDGEMENT BASED SOLELY ON THE SINS OF YOUR FOREFATHERS?

I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL PRAISE KIDNAPPERS WHEN IT HAPPENS TO ANY NIGERIAN POLITICIAN, NOT JUST BC SHES NIGER DELTAN?
bros no vex go wash ur face...com back nd read the posts
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2012
[quote
author=Ptimes]The police in Delta state has denied abductors of Kanene
Okonjo, mother of Nigeria’s Finance minister, are demanding $1billion as
ransom.

Delta state police commissioner, Ikechukwu Aduba, told PREMIUM TIMES the
police is not aware of speculated demands. He said the police are
working hard to rescue the 85 year old professor.

PREMIUM TIMES could not independently confirm the ransom demand as close
associates of the victim refused to comment about her kidnap on record.

The mother of the Finance Minister was kidnapped Sunday afternoon from
her home at about 1:30 pm by eight gunmen who invaded her husband’s
palace at Ogbe-Ofu quarters in Ogwahi-Uku.

Shortly after her arrest, the police declared they already had
information about the kidnappers and have deployed a “massive manhunt”
for them.

The police promised to rescue her in 24 hours.

Although the 24 hours given by the police has long passed, the state’s
police commissioner is optimistic his officers will bring the professor
back home, unscathed “soon.”

“We have been able to rescue about 40 victims before,” Mr. Aduba said.

Insider factor

As part of its investigation, the police said it is inviting family
members and close associates of the victim for questioning.

Mr. Aduba said in cases like this, there is always an “insider factor”
and his command is not leaving that out.

One of the children of the Okonjo family, Onyema Okonjo, had earlier
blamed security lapses for the kidnap of his mother.

Lucrative industry

Kidnapping, once used as a tool by militants to challenge
marginalization of the oil rich states of the Niger Delta, has become
the most lucrative crime in the area.

Security experts estimate the kidnap crime industry is worth over N10
billion in the Niger Delta states.

In Delta state, atleast a dozen government officials and others with
familial links to government officials have been kidnapped.

Often, families of the victim are made to part with huge sums to secure
their release.

Most victims also deny paying ransom to secure their release, thereby
encouraging the crime which thrives on intimidation.

Read more:
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/110552-police-deny-1billion-ransom-for-okonjo-iwealas-mom.html[/quote] E consine me ?
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by mactonnyso: 11:07am On Dec 11, 2012
luvmijeje: Thumbs-up to d abductors,keep it up.
This's what we face everyday due to ur greediness,wickedness and corrupt tendencies.
so will they do ur mama and papa if u have any, bastard!
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by ateka7777: 11:11am On Dec 11, 2012
SWF INVESTIGUIDE....... I always see the advert . and i wan tto start paying money to them .... please house does anyone know them and can confirm their authenticity?
Re: Police Deny $1billion Ransom For Okonjo-iweala’s Mom by Stiv(m): 11:14am On Dec 11, 2012
heywhy4u: Who put OBJ in power? tell us

In 1998, Obj was just released from prison, and in 1999, he became our Leader. Can an ex-convict make himself the President of this country? Can anybody tell me that Obasanjo was a heavyweight in this country as at 1998?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Defeat: Makarfi Brought Ill-luck To PDP, Says Kashamu / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Maiduguri, To Attend APC Presidential Rally / Jubilations As Ikpeazu Orders Payment Of Salary To All Abia Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.