Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) (42320 Views)

Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State / Migration Aware Presents An Interactive Session On Migration To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:37am On Dec 11, 2012
[b]Not a single thing about Owerri impressed me...

The only new constructions I saw in the town were those Street gates..

The road near Rockview hotel looked nice (I guess that because its close to the government house)..

The entire place was dirty... (Obvious from the pictures)

Apart from Orlu which looked like the work had been abandoned, I didnt see any other road work.. (P.S the quality of roads sef in orlu is pitiful.. The government might as well leave it and simply pour broken blocks into existing potholes)..

That area that had the comissioners quarters was nice... However, none of those places looked or felt new.. Seems like they were there before Rochas..

I was gonna do a Picstory on the state of Imo State schools (from a research carried out in the state), but I am gonna hold back for now...

The State owned higher institutions that he decleared tuition free is not fit to train dogs inside.. So I wonder what he is beating his chest about free crappy education.. I even had to bribe the security man 100 naira to gain entrance... lol

Rochas needs to focus on projects that will economically empower Imo State.. Being there felt like I was in Cross Rivers State.. I couldnt find a single reason to stay back in the place..

My verdict on Imo State = 3.5/10[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by alaoeri: 11:38am On Dec 11, 2012
DivideUs: and people de shout north this north that, i have been to sokoto, katsina, kano, kaduna and zamfara and apart from zamfara and some parts of kaduna (cos this yakowa guy is a disappointment) that i'll take on same level as your pictures, the remaining states are by far better than this owerri

no wonder with all the noise these igbos are everywhere down here even with BH
To buttress υя point i have been to Sokoto & Bauchi their road network & drainage system is superb to be sincere, no SW states have such roads except Lagos.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Dextra(f): 11:38am On Dec 11, 2012
Home, sweet home. I, m coming soon. there's this feeling I get .whenever I cross niger bridge. I feel like am truly home. does anyone get that feeling? too?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju: Where you see the street lights up ahead marks the end of IMO State.. and the begining or Rivers State...

The Last picture shows the failed section of the Odili built bridge in Rivers State......

[size=30pt]THE END[/size] of Owerri the Imo State capital as seen from my camera lens...

[size=18pt]NEXT TRIP PHOTOS WOULD FEATURE THE LEGENDARY NNEWI[/size]....... Stay tuned..
Wow! That's my Local Govt. I hope you show the Good and ugly parts of that Igbotic city. Ndi Nnewi Aie!
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by superllyd: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2012
Good one 4 imo. I want u to go to ABIA STATE. Let score.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ypzilanti: 11:46am On Dec 11, 2012
aniflexy: Uyo is better than this 100 times

million times.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:49am On Dec 11, 2012
superllyd: Good one 4 imo. I want u to go to ABIA STATE. Let score.

I have thought about it... But when I think of the traffic and the roads... I shudder..

I will add Abia to my list.. However, it might just be Aba.. I doubt I would be able to make it into Umuahia..

Let me focus on making my NNEWI trip..

I have also Added Osun State to my list.. but thats in May 2013..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Youngzedd(m): 11:49am On Dec 11, 2012
Am not impressed at all.

Imo still have a long way to go, just a matter of time.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by achi4u(m): 11:52am On Dec 11, 2012
nice pix
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ypzilanti: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2012
superllyd: Good one 4 imo. I want u to go to ABIA STATE. Let score.

My state is a typical example of the saying that 'all evil needs to thrive is for good people to keep quiet'. Abia and Nigeria are very similar. GEJ is same as Theordore Orji but with better public relations officers.

2 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 11, 2012
Guy nawa 4u o,u just dey visit d ugly sites 4 imo state.Enter inside town go snap beta pix.Wetin be ur own sef!
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by baysol: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2012
Upon all the noise making, Biafra is still a dirty, poor place and in addition a dangerous place to leave in maybe we will find the kidnappers of Okonjo Iweala's mother in these Okija pictures grin No wonder they all troup to South west to make real life.

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Ebukathegreat: 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
And so?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by gregg2: 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2012
How can we compensate you for all these good works?

Welldone.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Bros, na wetin carry me go there na!! cheesy
I guessed as much! cheesy that your fiancee suppose tie your leg o. We don't want you sowing wild seeds like Ojukwu Obj & co
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by MajeOfficial: 12:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
I noticed like in your last thread you tried to take the least flattering pictures possible when it came time to show owerri, it's wierd you would be on a 'road trip' and only creep around outskirts and patches of bush but not the main city. Very odd.

Well, you're a bastard for one, and you're igbo, so if you're trying to make owerri look bad you're making yourself look bad as well..

2 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by MajeOfficial: 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju: [b]Not a single thing about Owerri impressed me...

The only new constructions I saw in the town were those Street gates..

The road near Rockview hotel looked nice (I guess that because its close to the government house)..

The entire place was dirty... (Obvious from the pictures)

Apart from Orlu which looked like the work had been abandoned, I didnt see any other road work.. (P.S the quality of roads sef in orlu is pitiful.. The government might as well leave it and simply pour broken blocks into existing potholes)..

That area that had the comissioners quarters was nice... However, none of those places looked or felt new.. Seems like they were there before Rochas..

I was gonna do a Picstory on the state of Imo State schools (from a research carried out in the state), but I am gonna hold back for now...

The State owned higher institutions that he decleared tuition free is not fit to train dogs inside.. So I wonder what he is beating his chest about free crappy education.. I even had to bribe the security man 100 naira to gain entrance... lol

Rochas needs to focus on projects that will economically empower Imo State.. Being there felt like I was in Cross Rivers State.. I couldnt find a single reason to stay back in the place..

My verdict on Imo State = 3.5/10[/b]

These aren't pictures of Owerri, This guy found waterproof on the floor and took pictures, an old woman, and erosion, and other completely random things on the outskirts of town. If you go into the main town (notice there are almost no buildings or traffic in his pics and owerri is notorious for both, as opposed to the fringes you would see the real owerri, but the guy has show for a second time around he has a problem with imo state/owerri

3 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
[quote author=]I noticed like in your last thread you tried to take the least flattering pictures possible when it came time to show owerri, it's wierd you would be on a 'road trip' and only creep around outskirts and patches of bush but not the main city. Very odd.

Well, you're a bastard for one, and you're igbo, so if you're trying to make owerri look bad you're making yourself look bad as well..[/quote]
I have only been to few parts of Owerri and they were nice. Even better than what i saw on this thread. I doubt if Okija went on a tour of Owerri. He mostly passed through some of these places, so there's no way he could have captured the whole of Owerri. There are loads of nairalanders who are based in Owerri and own cameras, so i'll suggest that they take one day out to go take pictures. You can't leave someone who's not based in Owerri to showcase your city and come back to say the person is being Bias. That's one of the reasons why Spyder88 found it difficult showcasing pictures he took outside Enugu state.

2 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by RedLight1: 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
[quote author=]I noticed like in your last thread you tried to take the least flattering pictures possible when it came time to show owerri, it's wierd you would be on a 'road trip' and only creep around outskirts and patches of bush but not the main city. Very odd.

Well, you're a bastard for one, and you're igbo, so if you're trying to make owerri look bad you're making yourself look bad as well..[/quote]

so are u saying those places he posted are not owerri? sad can u do justice to it by snapping ur own pictures of oweeri and post it instead of calling him a bast.ard?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by drnoel: 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
OK so Owerri is still at its sorry state, the same sorry state it was in the last 10 years and they say Rochas is working. What is he working?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by dasparrow: 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
@Post

Nice pics but Owerri looks just like any other typical Nigerian city with the dirty environment, depleted infrastructure and dirt strewn all over the place because the concept of cleanliness is a strange concept to many Nigerians unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by braxjay(m): 12:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
hmmm different kinds of jobs in naija. "state photography" bru just curious, how long did it take you to get all these shots undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by drnoel: 12:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva:
I have only been to few parts of Owerri and they were nice. Even better than what i saw on this thread. I doubt if Okija went on a tour of Owerri. He mostly passed through some of these places, so there's no way he could have captured the whole of Owerri. There are loads of nairalanders who are based in Owerri and own cameras, so i'll suggest that they take one day out to go take pictures. You can't leave someone who's not based in Owerri to showcase your city and come back to say the person is being Bias. That's one of the reasons why Spyder88 found it difficult showcasing pictures he took outside Enugu state.
OK if that being the case. Pls loads of NLer who live in Owerri, defend ur town and the developemnet ur governor is making by posting pictures of improvements made by Rochas in this forum or a new one.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
alaoeri:
To buttress υя point i have been to Sokoto & Bauchi their road network & drainage system is superb to be sincere, no SW states have such roads except Lagos.

my guy i can tell you that katsina is really far better than sokoto (but smaller), i have heard about bauchi but never been there though. really i think northern states really are better but that may be connected to soil/land quality

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2012
DivideUs:

my guy i can tell you that katsina is really far better than sokoto (but smaller), i have heard about bauchi but never been there though. really i think northern states really are better but that may be connected to soil/land quality
The North as a whole has better roads than the south. It's mostly about roads and nothing more.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by vanstanzy(m): 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2012
Very good photo journalism. Okija, more grease to ur elbow.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by achi4u(m): 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2012
okija and you said Abakaliki is not beautiful.

try visit oneday
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva:
The North as a whole has better roads than the south. It's mostly about roads and nothing more.

actually thats not true, the kind of constructions going on in the north e.g hotels, govt buildings and houses seem to be more, nicer and of better quality than what i see in southern pictures (maybe not Lagos), this whole north not developed is more propaganda than reality

the only useless place right now is kaduna the guy is doing nothing and the roads are starting to die, or are already but the kind of hotels and roads been built are well...... wonderful
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 11, 2012
you are so on point! haters will continue to hate while Rochas is still loved by his people.is there in any state where you find 80% development? i wonder why Rochas's government is giving some people headache. FUCCK DEM HATERS!!

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by MajeOfficial: 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
I'll post pics i have from the internet and from myself, but Okija has an agenda, his previous pictures of imo state were of bush as well and he was keen to point out that there are no 'good hotels' while Sheraton and Disney have built two of the east's best locations in Owerri. Please don't hurt my state's tourism with your Nokia phone abeg

Owerri

[img]http://wakanow.files./2012/05/owerri.jpg[/img]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/544680_owerri3_jpg33f5b4dcdf6c0efd0f8828ac453ce412
www.nairaland.com/attachments/544686_owerri6_jpg8d0d6d2fb9a350d91e13a84225ed0d7c
www.nairaland.com/attachments/544687_owerri7_jpgf4dec9d0ff5274d1ac5cf7f469ac2eab
www.nairaland.com/attachments/544688_owerri8_jpg93ee57cd3105ce1d439c79bd264131d0
www.nairaland.com/attachments/546094_owerri_jpg1c2f90a9d763d727d00148d7aa40b9aa

5 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2012
^^Nice pictures...but let's give Okija break. he opened this thread to show his personal visit to owerri and not necessarily to show the best places. I know there are better places in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by MajeOfficial: 12:34pm On Dec 11, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Many Passengers Killed In Accident On Enugu/Onitsha Road (Graphic Photos) / Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. / Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.