Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) (42337 Views)

Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State / Migration Aware Presents An Interactive Session On Migration To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
This is the Imo Rescue cars at Comissioning.... as you posted..

[img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/10/op-rescue-imo.jpg[/img]

this is mine... Now operational

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
Am more inclined to agree more with Okija_juju photos...those photos are home-made and appears more real than the digitally-enhanced pictures posted to counter Okija_juju photos which to me are more of propaganda and reactionary stuff.

Well done Okija_juju, you are a thorough and patriotic Nigerian...showing things the way they truly are.

Can you do same for some South-West States.

I will do Egba picstory very soon....

3 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2012
Why were your pictures centered around Alvan, bushes and gutters?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by joeluv: 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija your obvious bias is really embarrassing. Btwn how old are u again??
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 4:21pm On Dec 11, 2012
ilugunboy: Am more inclined to agree more with Okija_juju photos...those photos are home-made and appears more real than the digitally-enhanced pictures posted to counter Okija_juju photos which to me are more of propaganda and reactionary stuff.

Well done Okija_juju, you are a thorough and patriotic Nigerian...showing things the way they truly are.

Can you do same for some South-West States.

I will do Egba picstory very soon....
You'll definitely agree with anything that disparages Igboland.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva:
You'll definitely agree with anything that disparages Igboland.

Afam..deep inside you, you know that is not true. Am just airing my opinion on this particular topic.

I don't do herd mentality...
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2012
[quote author=]prehaps if you weren't so hateful you would have time to think and figure it out.
I don't know why you want to tear down Owerri so badly, it's your country too.
In the end of the day if a russian told you what youre trying to tell us about Owerri you would be offended because he's insulting your country.
I know you're a part of this whole 'unemployed tribalist war', but it's really pathetic. This are your people and they call you brother and your praying
for them to fail. It's really disgusting.

[/quote]

[b]Dude... There is no point hiding shiit just to represent..

I will hopefully be in Calabar for the Carnival... I intend to open a thread titled 'The Parts of Calabar that you will never see..'

Its not malicious, its just showing you the stark divide between the places you see on TV and the places where people who work in Calabar live..

Owerri was shown to you as it is.. No malice.. I didnt doctor the photos.. They are the actual representation of what was on ground.. I was even lucky it was a Sunday so the roads were empty.. My boss is a white man, married to a Nigerian, he also talks smack about Nigeria.. And the truth is that I realized its not a lie.. Thats just the way it is..

Owerri looked like a town that had seen better days.. I realized from my visit that Rochas must honestly believe that he is the messiah of Imo State which makes me wonder what the sate must have been like under the previous administration..

If you have photos that disputes mine, show me..

I would have taken pictures of the horrible state of the Onitsha-Akwa road in Anambra, but I was driving and the road was too bad to drive and take pics at the same time.. I dont know what the hype on Peter Obi is about sha.. I will cover it better when I visit for my wedding next year.. Akwa looked like a dump (atleast the parts I saw..)..

Please get it out of your mind wether i am biased or not.. Are the pictures doctored?! NO!!

So whats the point?! [/b]

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:29pm On Dec 11, 2012
joeluv: Okija your obvious bias is really embarrassing. Btwn how old are u again??

Old enough to employ and pay you and still afford luxury vacations that you can only dream of..

2 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo: Why were your pictures centered around Alvan, bushes and gutters?

When next I am in Owerri sir, I will call you up to show me around..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2012
victord1st: where is okija-juju or wareva his name is.mods pls ban this guy.

Ban him? just listen to yourself? ban him for what?

Is that the way you behave where you come from? Doing things arbitrarily?

Get lost from hia!!! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2012
Like i said, let's give Okija a break. if you think you have better pictures then present them here. You don't wait for someone to come take pictures in your city and later cry blue murder. Tell us your own story else someone will tell them for you.

I wish i was going to Enugu this Xmas, i would have taken pictures of Enugu seen through my own eyes. Anyway,s one day i'll travel round southern Nigeria and take as many pictures as i can.

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
afam4eva: Like i said, let's give Okija a break. if you think you have better pictures then present them here. You don't wait for someone to come take pictures in your city and later cry blue murder. Tell us your own story else someone will tell them for you.

I wish i was going to Enugu this Xmas, i would have taken pictures of Enugu seen through my own eyes. Anyway,s one day i'll travel round southern Nigeria and take as many pictures as i can.

Essentially that in bold is the crux of the matter.

I will surely be doing the picstory of Abeokuta this xmas before Okija_juju descend on my town... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by pcmadu(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2012
Its just sad a fellow Igbo man can post rubbish pix and call it Owerri. I hardly comment on childish issue like this but this is pure wickedness of the OP. I was born and raised in the North and have traveled to all part of naija cuz of my business. There is less than 5 city in naija that is better than Owerri.

I noticed Anambra ppl also have a hate-pride-inferior against their fellow Imo brothers. Shame on u ppl. U ppl should grow-up and focus on developing ur cities and state capital. Ohakim we talk negative of is far better than d entire Amanbra state governors put 2gether. Enugu that is more develop is not even talking its d sore of the east that wanna brag over what d don't have.

Sign off: AKARAKA MBAISE
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2012
ilugunboy:

Essentially that in bold is the crux of the matter.

I will surely be doing the picstory of Abeokuta this xmas before Okija_juju descend on my town... cheesy grin

Ogun State is were again?!

My cousins wedding is coming up there next year.. If Abeokuta is involved in Ogin state, you better get the good shots before I arrive..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
pcmadu: Its just sad a fellow Igbo man can post rubbish pix and call it Owerri. I hardly comment on childish issue like this but this is pure wickedness of the OP. I was born and raised in the North and have traveled to all part of naija cuz of my business. There is less than 5 city in naija that is better than Owerri.

I noticed Anambra ppl also have a hate-pride-inferior against their fellow Imo brothers. Shame on u ppl. U ppl should grow-up and focus on developing ur cities and state capital. Ohakim we talk negative of is far better than d entire Amanbra state governors put 2gether. Enugu that is more develop is not even talking its d sore of the east that wanna brag over what d don't have.

Sign off: AKARAKA MBAISE

The sad part is that you really believe this shiit you typed here..

If this isnt Owerri, then I must have stumbled upon a new city.. I guess I will go back and rename it Okijaville..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Ogun State is were again?!

My cousins wedding is coming up there next year.. If Abeokuta is involved in Ogin state, you better get the good shots before I arrive..

O'boy you will be pleasantly surprised with the town...just don't venture into the old-city. tongue
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Chillypelly(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija's pix said nothing about owerri. I would have loved him to take pics of the diaspora town that houses the 16 floors residential apartment, 23 floors 7 star hotel, heroes square, CBN,7 floors new judiciary HQ, ISOPADEC HQ, and a number of flamboyantly structured govt and private sector apartments. Owerri indeed is the future of the old eastern region.
NB: Most of them are under construction. ;DOkija's pix said nothing about owerri. I would have loved him to take pics of the diaspora town that houses the 16 floors residential apartment, 23 floors 7 star hotel, heroes square, CBN,7 floors new judiciary HQ, ISOPADEC HQ, and a number of flamboyantly structured govt and private sector apartments. Owerri indeed is the future of the old eastern region.
NB: Most of them are under construction.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
To end this wicked agenda, I'll visit Owerri and personally take a video coverage(not just pictures) of different parts of the city.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
Chillypelly: Okija's pix said nothing about owerri. I would have loved him to take pics of the diaspora town that houses the 16 floors residential apartment, 23 floors 7 star hotel, heroes square, CBN,7 floors new judiciary HQ, ISOPADEC HQ, and a number of flamboyantly structured govt and private sector apartments. Owerri indeed is the future of the old eastern region.
NB: Most of them are under construction. ;DOkija's pix said nothing about owerri. I would have loved him to take pics of the diaspora town that houses the 16 floors residential apartment, 23 floors 7 star hotel, heroes square, CBN,7 floors new judiciary HQ, ISOPADEC HQ, and a number of flamboyantly structured govt and private sector apartments. Owerri indeed is the future of the old eastern region.
NB: Most of them are under construction.

Next time, tell your story or others will tell it their own ways for you.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo: To end this wicked agenda, I'll visit Owerri and personally take a video coverage(not just pictures) of different parts of the city.
[size=16pt]GREAT!!![/size]
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Can't say i saw even one pic of 'the good'.....was all nasty pictures of an unkempt scruffy environment; and as i've said b/4, it's clear a clean/tidy/green environment is not one of Rochas' priorities whatever they may be.

This thread is a good reason for anyone NOT to visit Owerri.....the place has gone to seed.

Though i'm also mindful of the fact that the conman Ohakim did fuc/kall for Owerri in particular and Imo state in general (besides planting and trimming grasses, and sweeping major township roads), so i'm still cutting Rochas some slack; but he needs to start tidying up Owerri for fuc/ks sake!; all the street clutter and rubbish need to be cleared, and township roads spruced up and repainted......they should TALK LESS and get on with the job, as there results will speak for them.

These pics are a disgrace!

Have you been to aba before?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Bros, na wetin carry me go there na!! cheesy

Hope say u had enough of de O town nyash
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2012
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by pcmadu(m): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo:

You don't have to waste ur time taking videos, we have countless of videos of Owerri on youtude. Anybody that wanna c d undiluted Owerri can help them sef. Follow Igbo brothers be nice to each other... If its good for me, its also good for u... Let's stop bringing each other down as d op desperately wanna do.

Cheers
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2012
I must commend your efforts at showcasing the beauty of Imo state. However pls mark my brief observations:

1. When taking shots with your camera, it is best not to take the cloud alongside except if there are spectacles to behold.
2. You could have at least shortlisted these images and rank them accordingly before posting.
3. Igbos are indeed doing very well.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2012
Owerri people dey vex for hia!
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2012
gboss4sure:

Hope say u had enough of de O town nyash

O-town honeys love an Anambra boy with swag na.. grin

It was lovely..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by DEastman: 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2012
By God's grace i will be in Owerri next week to see for myself and snap some shots.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
Keneking: I must commend your efforts at showcasing the beauty of Imo state. However pls mark my brief observations:

1. When taking shots with your camera, it is best not to take the cloud alongside except if there are spectacles to behold.
2. You could have at least shortlisted these images and rank them accordingly before posting.
3. Igbos are indeed doing very well.

1. If you live in Owerri.. You can trace my path with those pictures.. I edited them and posted them serially showing how I moved around the city..

2. I was not in the city to take pictures of the sky & clouds.. I was there to; Have fun, See the city, club, get wasted and take pictures for my Nairaland forum..

3. There is no questioning how well Ndi Igbos are doing.. However, if what I saw is evidence of Rochas being the best Governor in Nigeria, then NIGERIA is really in trouble..

1 Like

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2012
D-Eastman:
By God's grace i will be in Owerri next week to see for myself and snap some shots.

Onye oma, biko.. Do bring us pictures..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by tomakint: 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
Wao such an impressive job and good pics all along!!! Not bad for a city that was reduced to rubble in the Civil War between 1967-1970, it's a question of time for States like this under a working governor to assume her leadership status on the long run. Once gain I am impressed wink
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju: IMO State..***

So many Hotels in Owerri... Yet they are mostly no star hotels.. All seasons is a useless one amongst many others..

This alone is an evidence of your bias. So that is the true looks of All Seasons hotel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid) / Construction Of The First Road Link To Bonny Island In Highly Challenging Enviro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.