Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) (42323 Views)

Okija Jujus Roadtrip Pic. Featuring Imo, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers & Anambra State / Migration Aware Presents An Interactive Session On Migration To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:42pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo:

Remove all the pictures you took inside that Federal college of education. You made it seem like you were driving on the streets of Owerri and again you labeled one as Imo State school while its Federal university of education. You can't go to UnIAbuja and snap inside the campus as Abuja. Show us the Alvan gate where the school meets the township opposite FMC. And my pictures are very recent.

grin

Mba nu.... Alvan is in Owerri.. Someone even said i should have also added FUTO..

Nna, Oburo ife esem okwu.. Ife'm fu, bu ife'm se.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:44pm On Dec 11, 2012
OwerriOtokoto: Is it the picture of the govt house dat u r showing us. are all the hotels still doing otokoto business[/b][color=#990000][/color]

[b]Weak...

You actually opened a new handle to diss Owerri?!

Nna send your CV to my email... I need workers at my Warehouse..

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 7:45pm On Dec 11, 2012
ilugunboy: Those pictures were taken by Okija_juju : FACT!

Those pictures are those of Owerri: FACT!

The pictures of unkept streets, bungalows and a lady standing were taken inside a Federal School and is quite unfair to post them as Owerri in order to discredit the Government and people. I also took all my pictures while driving. Owerri is one city I know with the smallest slum in Nigeria.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by tony4244(m): 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2012
OWERRI SHOULD BE MORE DEVELOPED THAN THIS... OHAKIM DESTROYED THE PLACE. SAD
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2012
Abagworo:

The pictures of unkept streets, bungalows and a lady standing were taken inside a Federal School and is quite unfair to post them as Owerri in order to discredit the Government and people. I also took all my pictures while driving. Owerri is one city I know with the smallest slum in Nigeria.

Abagworo...

I swear it on my life... If I wanted to be unfair, I would have taken the picture of a woman (whom I suspected was mad) that was camped outside one of the Faculties (complete with her clothes and all) cooking her meal, inside Alvan Ikoku...

My friend urged me to take the picture.. I declined because I felt it was disrespectful to make fun of a mad woman like that (Moreover, she may actually not be mad, just destitute)..

If I had any bias going in, it was for Rochas, leave the people of Imo State out of this.. If the state good, na una go enjoy am..

Ask for that slum matter, I cant tell.. I told you already, I dont know the city like that.. However.. I will find out the name of one area I visited in Owerri and post it.. Nna, Rochas has never passed that area before nor even knows it exists.. I will find out and ask you.. Maybe you can explain whats happening there better to me.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by ismokeweed1(f): 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2012
ehispapa:
most expensive hotel indeed..for ur mind

dont mind him. He snorted c0ke, went to a hotel and slept in the reception (after the price at all seasons chased him away).
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:18pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Abagworo...

I swear it on my life... If I wanted to be unfair, I would have taken the picture of a woman (whom I suspected was mad) that was camped outside one of the Faculties (complete with her clothes and all) cooking her meal, inside Alvan Ikoku...

My friend urged me to take the picture.. I declined because I felt it was disrespectful to make fun of a mad woman like that (Moreover, she may actually not be mad, just destitute).

If I had any bias going in, it was for Rochas, leave the people of Imo State out of this.. If the state good, na una go enjoy am..

Ask for that slum matter, I cant tell.. I told you already, I dont know the city like that.. However.. I will find out the name of one area I visited in Owerri and post it.. Nna, Rochas has never passed that area before nor even knows it exists.. I will find out and ask you.. Maybe you can explain whats happening there better to me.

Why did you post pictures you took inside Alvan as Owerri? Is Alvan a State owned institution? Rochas has nothing to do with Alvan. You can only blame FG for its poor State. If it was IMSU you posted(which in itself is not in a very good state) I wouldn't object or doubt your sincerity.

Ladies and Gentlemen with the above(@bolded) confession, Okija has agreed to my earlier allegations that he took most of the bad environmental pictures inside Alvan university of education which is Federal owned. I bow out.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Ninapha(f): 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Imo State .... Sort of..

Reason: My undiluted hatred for Rochas and his band of rather blind supporters (IMO).. It has nothing to do with Imo State folks.. This is purely Political..

Anambra State.. I am neutral.. I think Peter Obi is a big ball sack.. The roads I drove on from Onitsha to Akwa is enough to open a 5 page picture thread.. So horrible, I couldnt even hold the steering with one hand and take photos like I would normally do..

Abia.. Hmm.. Any Igbo man happy with the state of Abia in general should be caught and sacrificed to Arochukwu..

Ebonyi.... No comments

I am Igbo, I cant hate myself.. But if you expect me to come out and lie about what I saw when I visited these states.. I wont. Owerri as seen in those photos are what I saw when I went there.. Even if I didnt take pictures, if you visited yourself, you would still have seen same.

Okija, yes u went to owerri i suppose Alvan but ur pictures are quite biased. I am not a supporter of Rochas but u lied in pictures here. I am sure u purposely took pictures of places dat caught ur fancy.

Why did u not label ur pictures. I know from Onitsha- owerri rd to pho ow rd going to new owerri, u missed those beautiful places. What abt wedthral- tetlow. What happend to all d clean and green areas and all d worldbank area. U wd hv names ur pictorial review, Alvan and environs.

Pple from my office who visited my branch around MCC even wish to go back to owerri. Pls lets be fair, ohakim despite his shortfalls gave owerri facelift. Rochas is only continueing from where he stopped.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by OilSubsidy: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2012
Wetin dem say Rochas dey do if owerri is still looking like this? SMH

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by bisgreat: 9:48pm On Dec 11, 2012
what are u really saying, i can't view the pic
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by mikron(m): 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2012
all the pixs of the schools in imo re not too good a sight. the schools look dilapidated and dirty.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by eaglechild: 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2012
Okija nwoke Nri,
Even a mule can sense ur rancid hatred for Rochas manifested by ur "sincere" pictures of Owerri.
Even i can make Paris look very shabby if i wanted to or chic, thru the lens of my camera. Afterall it's still Paris.
U claimed u stayed at rockview but u did not bother to put up any aerial view of Owerri from there till u were forced to show the current state of the round about under construction just to disprove the prior greener pic put up by maje official.
Not a single shot of Wetheral, Mbaise rds.
Nwokem odi m ka o'mu si na phone a lachapugi ofu obo ula n'nti.
I am not from Imo state and i dont even support most of Rochas' policies.
But u shld try and be less bias next time.
Pls post pics of PH.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by aishatua1: 11:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Pictures Of Government House Owerri & its Environs - Politics

https://www.nairaland.com/1073639/pictures-government-house-owerri-environs
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Roland17(m): 12:17am On Dec 12, 2012
Blasting Owerri Wu Oke Mba by Dr Sir Warrior of Mbaise and watching these pictures of my dear City Owerri, truly Owerri Wu Oke Mba......
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by lynton(m): 12:37am On Dec 12, 2012
Whatever your name is, is very clear that you are either a fake or you are paid to post false information about Owerri and Imo state. All your pictures are fake, and I could easily tell a hidden agenda in your post. If you are a photographer, then you must be a quack.

What will profit you to blackmail imo state. How could you claim your pictures are valid pictures of owerri? Where are the popular roads, streets, and structures in owerri if you really want us to believe you. I'm sure you are just an agent of the opposition.

Own your claimed picture of All Seasons, that is where you exposed yourself. Here are clean and clear pictures of All Seasons hotel.

Please Nairalanders find attached pictures of All Seasons Hotel Owerri.

Get a job foolish idiot. Mumu

Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 12, 2012
Seem hotels are only places of interest in Owerri...you folks must truly been in love with hotels.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by londoner: 6:50am On Dec 12, 2012
Why argue and insult the OP? If you had just replied with pics that gave a different view of the place, it would have reversed the impression given.

With all the talking, the only thing that is leaving a lasting impression are the OP's pics.

No one can argue with a picture...........so those who dont like the pics, why not contribute better with pics also?
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Abagworo(m): 8:06am On Dec 12, 2012
londoner: Why argue and insult the OP? If you had just replied with pics that gave a different view of the place, it would have reversed the impression given.

With all the talking, the only thing that is leaving a lasting impression are the OP's pics.

No one can argue with a picture...........so those who dont like the pics, why not contribute better with pics also?

Are you pretending you did not see dozens of counter pics? The OP posted Pictures taken inside a dilapidated Federal Government School. His motive was to give impression that it was streets of Owerri.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2012
Abagworo:

Why did you post pictures you took inside Alvan as Owerri? Is Alvan a State owned institution? Rochas has nothing to do with Alvan. You can only blame FG for its poor State. If it was IMSU you posted(which in itself is not in a very good state) I wouldn't object or doubt your sincerity.

Ladies and Gentlemen with the above(@bolded) confession, Okija has agreed to my earlier allegations that he took most of the bad environmental pictures inside Alvan university of education which is Federal owned. I bow out.

Its obvious you didnt go through the pictures.. If you did, you will notice I put up pictures form IMSU as well..

IMSU made Alvan look like Harvard..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:32am On Dec 12, 2012
eaglechild: Okija nwoke Nri,
Even a mule can sense ur rancid hatred for Rochas manifested by ur "sincere" pictures of Owerri.
Even i can make Paris look very shabby if i wanted to or chic, thru the lens of my camera. Afterall it's still Paris.
U claimed u stayed at rockview but u did not bother to put up any aerial view of Owerri from there till u were forced to show the current state of the round about under construction just to disprove the prior greener pic put up by maje official.
Not a single shot of Wetheral, Mbaise rds.
Nwokem odi m ka o'mu si na phone a lachapugi ofu obo ula n'nti.
I am not from Imo state and i dont even support most of Rochas' policies.
But u shld try and be less bias next time.
Pls post pics of PH.

Nwanne we tuo obi.. Oburo like that..

It was mt first time in Owerri.. I cant tell you where Wetheral is for the life of me..
I wasnt even driving.. I asked my friend who knew Owerri better to take me around, that I wanted to take pictures of the place..
If I passed wetheral road, I took pictures of it.. World bank is a beautiful neighbourhood and I believe I took pictures in the area (the best shots from inside a car..) but just so you know, World bank looked abandoned.. The grasses had not been cut.

I would have promised to do a picstory of Port-Harcourt, bur whenever I am in Port-Harcourt, its purely work for me.. I barely have time to just relax, drive and take pics.. I will look into it sha..

Biko, iwe gi adina oku too much..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:48am On Dec 12, 2012
lynton: Whatever your name is, is very clear that you are either a fake or you are paid to post false information about Owerri and Imo state. All your pictures are fake, and I could easily tell a hidden agenda in your post. If you are a photographer, then you must be a quack.

What will profit you to blackmail imo state. How could you claim your pictures are valid pictures of owerri? Where are the popular roads, streets, and structures in owerri if you really want us to believe you. I'm sure you are just an agent of the opposition.

Own your claimed picture of All Seasons, that is where you exposed yourself. Here are clean and clear pictures of All Seasons hotel.

Please Nairalanders find attached pictures of All Seasons Hotel Owerri.

Get a job foolish idiot. Mumu

[b]You are a made in Mbaitolu retard.. angry

You lift pictures from their website and you are fronting it here.. In my pic, you will see that I drove into the god-forsaking chalet you call a hotel.. I paid cash for the fhucking room, the valet walked us up to the room, I was so disgusted with the sight of the door alone, I couldnt even walk into the room.. The toilet was open and you could see that the place had outlived its glory days.. The owner is busy investing in the club rather than renovating the hotel.. Dont even let me start with that useless place.. I can show you website picures of presidential Hotel in Port-harcourt, its not what you meet on ground when you arrive..

Call those popular fancy places in Owerri and I will show you I posted pictures of them.. Even the World bank that you all seem to be shouting..

Your God-forsaking state is dirty and filthy.. I didnt just say it, I brought you pictures..

And ask for getting a job, my current job, is your prayer request to God... Fhucking assshole.. [/b]
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 12, 2012
afam4eva: ^^Nice pictures...but let's give Okija break. he opened this thread to show his personal visit to owerri and not necessarily to show the best places. I know there are better places in Owerri.

When he got to Club 40:40, white house, All seasons hotels, he didnt snap them.

All he snapped was the entrance gate to All seasons hotels. N500m cannot build that hotel. Me sef wan talk about the badlight in which he portrayed Owerri, the 2nd most lively/developed town in the South East after Enugu.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 12, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Okija,I plead with you to take out time whenever you visits Nnewi to drop in by Onicha and cover it for us to see what's going on there...ejim Olisa bi nigwe ayo gi.

Onitsha is unmotorable up to Ogidi. I cant even snap pictures there before i experience ''hit and run''.

Onitsha is filled with gangsters..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 12, 2012
[quote author=]and im not going to sit here and act like this fools pictures are a representation of Rochas Okorocha's work. There's more construction happening in imo than any other state in Nigeria. You can't point to one and compare. Every school is being rebuilt, roads are being added where they didn't exist before, everything from hospitals to houses are going up and fast. Owerri is one of the hottest real estate markets in Nigeria right now, so to have Okija do this to the igbo people is really sad. [/quote]

Can i bring in a building materials business there
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2012
okpara ugo:

Onitsha is unmotorable up to Ogidi. I cant even snap pictures there before i experience ''hit and run''.

Insecurity in Anambra state is alarmingly high.. Vigilantes with Pump Actions all over the place..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by kagel: 10:21am On Dec 12, 2012
Okija_juju: As Promised... This is my pictory of Owerri the Imo State Capital..

It was a stopover on my way back from Anambra state...

Enjoy... grin
SO WHAT IS YOUR CONCLUTION SABOTUA,? IMO IS A COOL PLACE TO LIVE,
I KNOW YOU ARE FROM ANAMBRA FROM THE BEGINGING U ANAMBERIANS HATE IMOS, NO PROBLEM
WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU PEOPLE IN ALL REAMIFICATION.PLEASE GO AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR HOME JUJU
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by kagel: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2012
okpara ugo:

TRUTH NOTING BUT THE TRUTH shocked
okpara ugo:

TRUTH NOTING BUT THE TRUTH
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:31am On Dec 12, 2012
Abagworo:

Its obvious you didnt go through the pictures.. If you did, you will notice I put up pictures form IMSU as well..

IMSU made Alvan look like Harvard..
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 12, 2012
LOOKS LIKE A VERY DIRTY CITY I MUST SAY. I REALLY THOUGHT IT WAS BETTER THAN THIS BUT NO SIGN OF DEVELOPMENT, NO SIGN OF CLEANLINESS, NO SIGN OF A BUSTLING CITY. TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:47am On Dec 12, 2012
kagel:
SO WHAT IS YOUR CONCLUTION SABOTUA,? IMO IS A COOL PLACE TO LIVE,
I KNOW YOU ARE FROM ANAMBRA FROM THE BEGINGING U ANAMBERIANS HATE IMOS, NO PROBLEM
WE ARE BETTER THAN YOU PEOPLE IN ALL REAMIFICATION.PLEASE GO AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR HOME JUJU

[b]You need Jesus.........

So you feel you are better than Anambraians..

Now I really feel bad for you..

These pictures were meant to show you city as I saw it.. Also to show that your government has not achieved much in the way of development.. You Imolites jumped on me.. As if what I snapped werent real..

Here is the blunt truth... IMO STATE is the most under-achieving Igbo State in Nigeria.. Second only to Ebonyi... Apart from the few marginal oilfields and pipelines that pass through Egbema, what does the average Owerri man do for a living?! What is your state known for?! Hotels?! Civil Servants?! Whats the economic main stay of Imo State apart from the money you recieve from the Federal Government?!

You are a vulture.. You are part of the people destroying your state.. I pointed out that Anambra and Akwa were massively disappointing.. Peter Obi is a national grade person.. I am yet to enter Abia.. But news coming out of Abia isnt encouraging.. The last time I was in Aba over 8 years ago, I spent 6 hours in traffic.. the roads are horrible..

IMO STATE is in trouble.. The pictures prove it.. Rockview is owned by a private person, same as the many hotels in the state.. Building gates (which are rather substandard as the pictures show that some are already falling off their hinges) is not what Owerri needs..

Lets call a spade by its real name.. Eastern States are in desperate need of repairs.. Imo is no exception. [/b]
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by jpphilips(m): 10:58am On Dec 12, 2012
afam4eva:
I have only been to few parts of Owerri and they were nice. Even better than what i saw on this thread. I doubt if Okija went on a tour of Owerri. He mostly passed through some of these places, so there's no way he could have captured the whole of Owerri. There are loads of nairalanders who are based in Owerri and own cameras, so i'll suggest that they take one day out to go take pictures. You can't leave someone who's not based in Owerri to showcase your city and come back to say the person is being Bias. That's one of the reasons why Spyder88 found it difficult showcasing pictures he took outside Enugu state.

Everywhere in his pictures ive seen them all, that newly constructed round about and street gate where those military guys stood guard are students private accommodation, just wondering why he omitted the famous 40:40 and ibariogwa, anyways, no big deal about owerri but i just love the place.
Re: Okija Presents Owerri..... (pictures) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:04am On Dec 12, 2012
jp philips:

Everywhere in his pictures ive seen them all, that newly constructed round about and street gate where those military guys stood guard are students private accommodation, just wondering why he omitted the famous 40:40 and ibariogwa, anyways, no big deal about owerri but i just love the place.

I didn know those places.. I wil visit them next time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerians Abroad Share Funny Incidents Of Culture Shock. / Dispatch Rider Killed By BRT Bus In Ojuelegba, Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Nigerian-born US Pilot Addresses His Passengers In English,Yoruba & Pidgin (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.