Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. (63424 Views)

How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by tanimola22: 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
dustydee:
Hi T22,please how can I invest with any of these companies and how much is the minimum. Thanks.

What sort of investment? These are PE firms.

I guess you may approach this people http://www.thealitheia.com/microfinance.html. They have a fund that is still open for investment.

T22
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Idrismusty97(m): 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ayox2003.I dont think architects earn much this days o.what are ur proofs.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Idrismusty97(m): 11:56pm On Dec 12, 2012
@Ajalekoko.i love that qoute."A job will not pay in nigeria but a carreer will."Guys pls learn from it.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Idrismusty97(m): 12:07am On Dec 13, 2012
[/quote]
lovemeohlord: Archcitect like my bros said,and marine engineering.

Architect is out of the game o.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Dubemkelly(m): 4:39am On Dec 13, 2012
I think trying something wt more or less demands pays more...Self employment(Business), telecoms, politics...Banking doesn't really pay dese days,yhu financial status is dependent on loans wit deir attitude of u as a bank worker getting a fixed millions of naira 4rm peeps as commitment nd dats y most of dem die while hustling
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by GentleNaaz(m): 7:05am On Dec 13, 2012
Thiefry
Abducting
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by dustydee: 7:33am On Dec 13, 2012
tanimola22:

What sort of investment? These are PE firms.

I guess you may approach this people http://www.thealitheia.com/microfinance.html. They have a fund that is still open for investment.

T22
thanks but am skeptical about microfinance bank. I just want somewhere I can get a decent return on my investment.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by cityofsin: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2012
tanimola22:

I am not sure anyone said anything like the highlighted. Perhaps you want to re-read the post you quoted.

Your post seems to corroborate a fraction of the post you quoted. That said, I have taken note of the divergent points you raised. Depending on performance, bonus can go as high as twice that base salary

T22

I am not attacking you o mr T22. you provide useful information to uninformed here so kudos to that, but the bolded is gotten from your original post. copy and paste. Twice as high as base salary is 200%, which simply doesnt happen at associate level even in KKRs, Carlyles and co. In Hedge funds, maybe. Nonetheless, I do agree with the base salary pay you stated for PE and can easily say PE firms here, international ones, are the highest paying in Nigeria inclusive of oil and gas when you include base, bonus and allowances. BTW, what are you up to career wise? I am assuming youre in the banking circle in London?
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by chuks4380: 7:53am On Dec 13, 2012
pls anyone with info on how much inspection companies like SGS, inspectorate, vibrant ventures pay there offshore surveyors and inspectors.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by lambalamb(m): 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2012
tanimola22:

Hi,

I've replied your email. Seek the help of your friend..Courier can always do the job without any traveling involved. Do your best to get it without having to leave your base.

T22.

Am in Ilorin already, will send it now together with my certificate and Cv.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by lambalamb(m): 1:04pm On Dec 13, 2012
tanimola22:

Hi,

I've replied your email. Seek the help of your friend..Courier can always do the job without any traveling involved. Do your best to get it without having to leave your base.

T22.

have sent it, plz find attachment sir.
Thanks
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Tinyemeka(m): 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2012
tanimola22:

At what level?
2nd level. Gross pay.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by movicy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
Rexsul: 2 b a Biochemist
how much do u earn as a biochemist? mtcheew
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by danot1030: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2012
Network Marketing
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Sitex(m): 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2012
garri_gangster: Legal Practitioners make mad money.
expatiate
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by kemifemi: 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2012
Jarus:
That's too broad.

I know a Chartered Accountant that earns 80k per month, just as I know one that earns 4m every month.

Yes, a chartered accountant's salary varies from sector to sector.
It also depends on your experience and what you negotiated. I once worked in a place where I earned more than my colleagues in the same unit.

Maritime pays well too, telecoms servicing companies( depending on your job function). My friend has OND and earns over 130k monthly while his colleague with the same qualification earns a little over 40k though my friend has more years of experience.

Always negotiate well and find out the industry average .

1 Like

Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by femiseun1: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2012
There is a particular part of the IT world most of u guys ignored....THE OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers)

EMC
HP
Oracle
Alcatel
Netapp
CISCO
Hitachi
IBM
Symantec etc

They are all foreign companies doing business in Nigeria. Just get into one of them and you will see that working in the bank is just a waste of time grin.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by kemifemi: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2012
ritochi:
Pls stop dis abbreviations so that everyone can be carried along.

IB means Investment Banking
PE means Private Equity
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by tanimola22: 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2012
cityofsin:

I am not attacking you o mr T22. you provide useful information to uninformed here so kudos to that, but the bolded is gotten from your original post. copy and paste. Twice as high as base salary is 200%, which simply doesnt happen at associate level even in KKRs, Carlyles and co. In Hedge funds, maybe. Nonetheless, I do agree with the base salary pay you stated for PE and can easily say PE firms here, international ones, are the highest paying in Nigeria inclusive of oil and gas when you include base, bonus and allowances. BTW, what are you up to career wise? I am assuming youre in the banking circle in London?

Hi,

I do not think you're attacking me. Not for any reason.

Yes, I quite agree with you that the bonus figure I stated kinda looks inflated and may not be a true reflection of reality. 50%, as you very well stated, seems quite reasonable and believable.

On the contrary, I am in the buyside industry, more of an investment associate/buyside person, not IB O where firms like Barcklays perform magic and do as they like with people's lives..I guess many IB people see buyside as the exit place..

T22
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by tanimola22: 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
lamba lamb:

have sent it, plz find attachment sir.
Thanks

Hi lambda,

I've replied your email and responded to all concerns raised.

Thank you for messaging me.

T22
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by lambalamb(m): 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
tanimola22:

Hi lambda,

T22
Thank you sir! Am grateful, God bless you sir.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Idrismusty97(m): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2012
Lets keep dis thread rolling plz....
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by lambalamb(m): 4:00pm On Dec 17, 2012
tanimola22:

Hi lambda,

T22
have sent the two items, plz find attachment sir.
Thanks
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by lambalamb(m): 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
tanimola22:

Hi lambda,

T22
Am really sorry sir for the late in response. I sent you a mail some hours ago, pls check it sir.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by bobbydbobo: 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Pls does any1 have an idea of how much the nigerian ministry of foreign Affairs pays fresh intakes
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Try ECOWAS or EU.
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Jeffflo: 5:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
cecegorz:

You are absolutely right.
I didn't want to include them because they are not available to an average person to pursue.

How so, sir? I am an undergrad student of international studies and i'd seek, ideally, to slot my knowledge into organisations such as these. How do one make this happen?
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by btasha: 1:51am On Jan 06, 2015
I'm currently in my final year of university, studying Accounting and finance. I have about four months left to finish my degree. My original plan was that when I finish my degrees I'd relocate to Nigeria, but after much research I'm thinking about doing my Masters in a Russell Group university then NYSC. oh btw I'm based in the uk, I'll like to get a very good job in Nigeria but I just don't know how to go about it, yes I have connections but I do not want to rely on ANYONE. Pls give me your advise. And I can't decide on where to do my nysc either Lagos or Abuja bare in mind I'd like to do my nysc where I can get a good job. Ohh also does anymore know about this careers in Africa.?
Re: Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. by Julietcutie(f): 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
garrigangster:
Legal Practitioners make mad money.
how

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pwc Or Deloitte / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living / Unmarried Policewoman Sacked For Getting Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.