Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,815 members, 7,844,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: (993 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / Zimbabwe Pastor Involved In Car Accident During Sex With School Girl / My Girl Is Secretive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by LilyRose(f): 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2008
I'm a British girl dating a Nigerian man and I dont know if he can be trusted. He is very secretive and recently he has left me saying he was going down south but has instead left the country. I found this out when he called me and I checked the dial code. I dont know why he would have to leave the country and not tell me unless its to partake in something illegal. I have also found documents that I believe to be fraudulent.
I'm really falling in love with this guy and I need to decide whether he is lying to my or is dangerous. I do not know. I want to wait and hear it from the horse's mouth but should I just decide now that all these lies are not a good foundation for a relationship??Any comments?

LilyRose
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by Busta(f): 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2008
if u love him and u guys are possible talking marriage. . . . its best u confront him, ask him wats up?
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by LilyRose(f): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2008
I cant even think of marriage is he's not going to be truthful with me. I have never lied to him and I would never lie to him even if it may hurt him deeply and I expected the same from him. Also, does anyone have any idea about the type of crime that happens in west africa? I dont think he's involved with drugs but maybe something to do with fraud, Men are so full of shit sometimes and I cant believe I fell for this one,
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by Joey82(m): 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2008
u musnt b discussing marriage to confront ur lover, relationships can b serious without d issue of marriage coming in, love is about making pple what u want em 2 b, hope u do same with ur guy.
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by seguno2: 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2008
LilyRose:

these lies are not a good foundation for a relationship

That is the answer to your question.
Drop him before you get burned except you don't mind shady characters yourself.
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by holythug(m): 3:53pm On Feb 15, 2008
is there a problem wit being secretive?
not talkin about d criminal aspect of it
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by holythug(m): 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2008
ask him. . .
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by LilyRose(f): 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2008
There is being secretive and then there is avoiding the truth and covering up your tracks. It's fine to have secrets but not to the detriment of those who love and care for you. I would ask him but he is very evasive.
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by holythug(m): 4:04pm On Feb 15, 2008
well it depends on ow u see it,i happen to b very secretive
i see it as a way to conserve some events y u live through them
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by LilyRose(f): 4:08pm On Feb 15, 2008
I have secrets, of course, like everyone else but since I chose him and gave myself to him I promised that I would be truthful with him always and that means no secrets. I dont need protected from who he is and if I did I wouldnt be with him, I think I would view it better if I'd known a while ago but I just had a feeling of dread for a long time and now my fears are very true.
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by Joey82(m): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2008
@lilyrose,
if u're fears are that worse and u've confirmed d true position of things, i feel its all up to u, u could as well talk him down or better still leave him and move on, it bores down to ur personal conviction and it will do u no good if u may b wrongly accusing him.
i think u should do ur investigation thoroughly b/4 concluding.
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by holythug(m): 4:22pm On Feb 15, 2008
ur fear is ur worst enemy, its worse dan wat ur guy is doin, stand up & face it, den ask urself wat do i really want from dis relationship, then u will get wat am talkin about
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by tboy1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 15, 2008
A guy doing fraudulent activites will ONLY be honest with a girl he loves - That's the truth,am not sayin he does not love you but you have to kw that 4 a guy to keep this kinda thing from you, he will definately be keepin more things from you.

Even if you call him now and ask him, he'll NOT tell u the truth until you show him what you found and there's a possibility that he'll tell you that the document belongs to his friend,the only way he'll tell u the truth is if he's pic is in one of the documents.

I'll still advise you to talk to him and pray he tells you all what you want to hear (the truth), but the question is: If you find out he's a fraudster,are you going to leave him?
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by efuah(f): 4:39pm On Feb 15, 2008
Joey82:

@lilyrose,
if u're fears are that worse and u've confirmed d true position of things, i feel its all up to u, u could as well talk him down or better still leave him and move on, it bores down to your personal conviction and it will do u no good if u may b wrongly accusing him.
i think u should do your investigation thoroughly b/4 concluding.
Word!!

tboy1:

A guy doing fraudulent activites will ONLY be honest with a girl he loves - That's the truth,am not sayin he does not love you but you have to kw that 4 a guy to keep this kind of thing from you, he will definately be keepin more things from you.

Even if you call him now and ask him, he'll NOT tell u the truth until you show him what you found and there's a possibility that he'll tell you that the document belongs to his friend,the only way he'll tell u the truth is if he's pic is in one of the documents.

I'll still advise you to talk to him and pray he tells you all what you want to hear (the truth), but the question is: If you find out he's a fraudster,are you going to leave him?
A good one from a guy. . . for the boldened part, it's a million pound question! Except if the poster is the "stronghead" type, otherwise, he might convince u enough to stay with him when you know very well that he's a fraud! undecided
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by oloriooko(m): 4:40pm On Feb 15, 2008
What are you trying to say about naija guys?
O girl be very careful with that mouth of yours, we can be secretive but yet the best grin
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by tboy1(m): 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2008
oloriooko:

What are you trying to say about naija guys?
O girl be very careful with that mouth of yours, we can be secretive but yet the best

Yeah right, even though i defend my naija brothers everywhere i stil kw we r not close to the best.Sometimes i'm even afraid to tell sum chicks if from naija grin grin
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by holythug(m): 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2008
u knw wat u want , girl, go get it
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by efuah(f): 5:06pm On Feb 15, 2008
tboy1:

Yeah right, even though i defend my naija brothers everywhere i stil kw we r not close to the best.Sometimes i'm even afraid to tell sum chicks if am from naija grin grin
LMFAO grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed te heee heeee cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by efuah(f): 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2008
:p :p :p
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by LilyRose(f): 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2008
I do love him. I can see us so happy together with a strong family, a wonderful life and always very much in love. I respect him more than anybody else, which is why I was so honest with him about my past (which is very colourful indeed!).  I just want the same honest and if he loves me like he says then he should confess and find a legitimate way to conduct his business.
Re: Dating A Guy Who May Be Involved In Criminal Activity/very Secretive: by seguno2: 8:50am On Feb 22, 2008
He is very secretive and recently he has left me saying he was going down south but has instead left the country.(=lie) I found this out when he called me and I checked the dial code. I don't know why he would have to leave the country and not tell me unless its to partake in something illegal. I have also found documents that I believe to be fraudulent.

LilyRose:

I do love him. I can see us so happy together with a strong family, a wonderful life and always very much in love. I respect him more than anybody else, which is why I was so honest with him about my past (which is very colourful indeed!). I just want the same honest and if he loves me like he says then he should confess and find a legitimate way to conduct his business.

Love is blind , but marriage (nowadays, kids) opens your eyes sharp sharp.

Thought I should share this link on my Naija brothers scheming ways.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1961520/posts

(1) (Reply)

A Beg: Make U Xplain Am! / After This You Would Have Not Even One Question Left On How To Toast A Lady! / Overcome Alienation And Cure Loneliness With 5 Simple Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.