Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! (1445 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Caught Selling Fake Miracles In Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2012
The number of Christians in England and Wales fell by more than four million in the last decade, the 2011 census has suggested, while the number of people identifying as atheists increased by six million over the same period.

The data from the Office for National Statistics showed there were 33.2million Christians last year, compared to 37.3million in 2001.

Despite the figures, the Archbishop of Canterbury said the Church of England was not ‘fading’ (Picture: Getty)
The number of people declaring themselves to be atheists rose by more than six million to 14.1million
http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/11/census-2011-christian-numbers-fall-with-atheism-on-the-rise-3311594/

So, my esteemed Nigerian christians, what is the reason for this happening? The British brought christianity to Nigeria

-Are british people less moral?
-Is the british society wrong?

Or is it that wherever there is high levels of literacy, freedom and information, people see the sham that religion is?

1 Like

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by JeSoul(f): 8:24pm On Dec 12, 2012
*yawns*...sorry, long day cheesy smiley

I got news for you...the actual number of christians - going by the biblical definition is much much smaller. Christianity is not a popularity contest and we are not interested in 'winning' the 'latest' counts. And as such census figures that attempt to 'gloat' or 'scare' about 'falling' numbers of christians...do not really bother us much smiley. The true # of christians is much smaller, and with that, no wahala.

cheerios.

4 Likes

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2012
JeSoul: *yawns*...sorry, long day cheesy smiley

I got news for you...the actual number of christians - going by the biblical definition is much much smaller. Christianity is not a popularity contest and we are not interested in 'winning' the 'latest' counts. And as such census figures that attempt to 'gloat' or 'scare' about 'falling' numbers of christians...do not really bother us much smiley. The true # of christians is much smaller, and with that, no wahala.

cheerios.

lolz.....isnt it befitting that you are one of the real christians?

Mtchew

There is no "real" or "true" christian. You all have different versions and translations of incomplete bibles
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by JeSoul(f): 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2012
^I didn't call myself a "real" christian smiley

I simply said "going by the biblical definition" of one, few will pass... and you yourself will admit most of us professing christians do not match the example of Christ. Chikena.

1 Like

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2012
JeSoul: ^I didn't call myself a "real" christian smiley

I simply said "going by the biblical definition" of one, few will pass... and you yourself will admit most of us professing christians do not match the example of Christ. Chikena.

Wassap Jesoul?

Seems you are losing your faith? I cant even debate with you with this your defeatist attitude lipsrsealed
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by JeSoul(f): 8:42pm On Dec 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

Wassap Jesoul?

Seems you are losing your faith? I cant even debate with you with this your defeatist attitude lipsrsealed

^lol. Nothing much my brother. Am I confusing you? cheesy lemme clarify:
My faith in the Lord Jesus Christ will not now nor ever be lost.

Now, about this 'defeatist attitude' you're refering to...I'm just giving my 2kobo. Christians do not get worked up with numbers & polls that attempt to make sweeping declarations about what we know to be true/not true. And what do we know to be true?:

Matthew 7:13-14
The Narrow and Wide Gates
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

^if anything, this verse is teaching christians to be on the other side of your poll & of popularity contests.

3 Likes

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by owo(m): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
Christianity has never been about population or popularity.
In actual fact, the most HOLY SCRIPTURES stated that ONLY FEW will be chosen.
Why are you more worried about population and popularity than GOD and his most HOLY WORD?
Want to be more Catholic than the Pope?
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 12, 2012
JeSoul: ^lol. Nothing much my brother. Am I confusing you? cheesy lemme clarify:
My faith in the Lord Jesus Christ will not now nor ever be lost.

Now, about this 'defeatist attitude' you're refering to...I'm just giving my 2kobo. Christians do not get worked up with numbers & polls that attempt to make sweeping declarations about what we know to be true/not true. And what do we know to be true?:

Matthew 7:13-14
The Narrow and Wide Gates
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

^if anything, this verse is teaching christians to be on the other side of your poll & of popularity contests.

I dont mean to be harsh but you are quite ignorant of your religion;

1) The gospel of luke mentions a census during Jesus's birth. According to the bible Joseph and Mary went to be registered on the census.

2) What makes you think that you are one of the few that will find the road to life?
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
owo: Christianity has never been about population or popularity.
In actual fact, the most HOLY SCRIPTURES stated that ONLY FEW will be chosen.
Why are you more worried about population and popularity than GOD and his most HOLY WORD?
Want to be more Catholic than the Pope?

Christianity has always been about population

Matthew 4:19 ►

New International Version (©1984)
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

1 Like

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by AtheistD(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

I am sure when Christ mentioned fishers of men he never meant tithe robbing.

If they banned tithes in Nigeria Xtianity would die out overnight.

2 Likes

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2012
I think Christians are just being raptured piece-meal into Heaven.. I don't think its dying as such.. there is just that possibility that there is little room left in heaven with all the exploding muslims and 72 virgins.. my guess is Christian virgins are being conscripted to serve the exploded islamist extremists. so there you have it.. it was not only the world that was hit with some global crisis grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
Atheist:-D:

I am sure when Christ mentioned fishers of men he never meant tithe robbing.

If they banned tithes in Nigeria Xtianity would die out overnight.

lol.....that means that if atheism ever has a foothold in Naija. The solution would be to peacefully campaign against tithe. I would like to have debates "tithes ; good for the man or just plain stealing"
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: I think Christians are just being raptured piece-meal into Heaven.. I don't think its dying as such.. there is just that possibility that there is little room left in heaven with all the exploding muslims and 72 virgins.. my guess is Christian virgins are being conscripted to serve the exploded islamist extremists. so there you have it.. it was not only the world that was hit with some global crisis grin grin grin

grin grin
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by lacosanostra: 9:37pm On Dec 12, 2012
Dammn,he never learns

1 Like

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2012
la cosa nostra: Dammn,he never learns

Thank you jo!

The guy doesnt learn.....when will he learn that christians are mostly hypocrites?
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by lacosanostra: 9:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
as in
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by AtheistD(m): 9:56pm On Dec 12, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol.....that means that if atheism ever has a foothold in Naija. The solution would be to peacefully campaign against tithe. I would like to have debates "tithes ; good for the man or just plain stealing"

You call that a debate? It is a fact that tithe=stealing
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2012
Atheist:-D:

You call that a debate? It is a fact that tithe=stealing

lmao
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by ijawkid(m): 12:00am On Dec 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

And Ónly a few will pass thru that narrow way to eternal life Çompared to the multitude of heathens that would be threading down the broad way that leads to ..............

You know na...............

1 Like

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by tobechi20(m): 12:07am On Dec 13, 2012
Is dis gud or bad news?
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 13, 2012
tobechi20: Is dis gud or bad news?

GOOD NEWS
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

And Ónly a few will pass thru that narrow way to eternal life Çompared to the multitude of heathens that would be threading down the broad way that leads to ..............

You know na...............

Wow, how humble of you. You are in the right religion. There is no arrogance in your stance; yu are following the one true God and all other unbelievers will burn in hell for their foolishness in not submitting to the true god.

Mtchew
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by cyrexx: 6:02am On Dec 13, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by plaetton: 7:25am On Dec 13, 2012
Logicboy03:

Ofcourse. God always needs more people. What would god become if the number of people worshipping him keep falling, until it hits zero?.
In time to come Yahweh and Allah would become just like Zeus, Apollo, Amen Ra and the rest of the dead and forgotten gods that litter the graveyards of history.

2 Likes

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by AtheistD(m): 7:30am On Dec 13, 2012
plaetton:

Ofcourse. God always needs more people. What would god become if the number of people worshipping him keep falling, until it hits zero.
In time come Yahweh and Allah would become just like Zeus, Apollo, Amen Ra and the rest of the dead and forgotten gods that litter the graveyards of history.

I made a prediction of 200 years
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by plaetton: 7:32am On Dec 13, 2012
[quote author=JeSoul]^lol. Nothing much my brother. Am I confusing you? cheesy lemme clarify:
[b]My faith in the Lord Jesus Christ will not now nor ever be lost.[/b]

Your faith may never diminish, but the point is that every new generation is rejecting this faith.
There is no guarantee that your children will follow or maintain the faith when they grow into adulthood.

So no matter how strong and steadfast your faith, in about about a century from now, people might only know about religion and faith when they read history books on ancient myths and practices.
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 13, 2012
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by JeSoul(f): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2012
plaetton:
Your faith may never diminish, but the point is that every new generation is rejecting this faith.
There is no guarantee that your children will follow or maintain the faith when they grow into adulthood.

So no matter how strong and steadfast your faith, in about about a century from now, people might only know about religion and faith when they read history books on ancient myths and practices.
smiley...why are you taking panadol for someone else's future headache (that may or may not exist)? cheesy

I will be gone a century from now. What happens after I'm gone is of no consequence to me. I will simply strive to live my life as Christ taught. If future generations accept or reject Christ that is their own business and they will give account of their choices.

Again, christians should be happy to be a minority, a remnant - that is what Christ predicted.
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by alexleo(m): 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
Jesus told us that it will be so in the last days. The love of many for God will wax cold. Read Matthew 24:12. If the number of christians increases rather than decrease (as you are celebrating) then this scripture would ve been a lie. Logicboy stop wasting your time writing these rubbish because we couldnt be bothered. Our focus is on God and his word. I LOVE GOD SO MUCH. HE IS MY LIFE AND MY ALL. WITHOUT HIM MY LIFE IS USELESS. I PRAY TO LOVE HIM MORE AND MORE EACH PASSING SECOND OF MY LIFE. AMEN.
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
alexleo: Jesus told us that it will be so in the last days. The love of many for God will wax cold. Read Matthew 24:12. If the number of christians increases rather than decrease (as you are celebrating) then this scripture would ve been a lie. Logicboy stop wasting your time writing these rubbish because we couldnt be bothered. Our focus is on God and his word. I LOVE GOD SO MUCH. HE IS MY LIFE AND MY ALL. WITHOUT HIM MY LIFE IS USELESS. I PRAY TO LOVE HIM MORE AND MORE EACH PASSING SECOND OF MY LIFE. AMEN.

now there is a focused christianl.. don't forget to spread the love to humanity as well..
Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by mumumugu(m): 8:53pm On Dec 13, 2012
U mean d population of fools are increasing in britain?and fellow fools are happy about it

1 Like

Re: Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! by onetrack(m): 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2012
England used to be as religious as Nigeria.....that period of time is known as the English Civil War (1642-1649). Good times.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Comes Clean, Says No More ►TITHING / Pastor Commits Suicide After Sunday Service / Is It A Sin To Be Alive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.