Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence (1816 Views)

Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / Without Jesus No One Will Enter Heaven / Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2012
In the early days of the Roman Catholic Church, the church fathers were baptising pagan gods and idols and re-inventing and re-branding them as Saints.
They commandeered Pagan temples and shrines, consecrated the lands and built their mighty churches.
They fused much of Pagan practices, symbols and traditions into christianity.

They thumped their chests and congratulated themselves that they had Christianized Paganism], and therefore had defeated it.

Little did they know how wrong they were.
Two millenia later, Paganism, the universal,natural and nature religion of mankind, is still alive and thriving.

Chritmas, the most popular and celebrated festive holiday in the whole world, not only has its roots as a Pagan holiday, but has , today, completely been re-captured by Paganism, which has re-asserted its pre-eminence and universality by entirely removing the christian Jesus from the christmas festivities.
Christmas has become a universal festive period for shopping, gift giving, partying and merriment, Santa clause, christmas tree, misletoe, Rudolph the red nose Reindeer, the Grinch, and even Frosty the snowman. All these names and themes go way back to the original Pagan festivals of pre-christian Europe.
Except for the inside of churches, no one hardly remembers or even accepts that christmas was supposed to commemorate the birth date of Jesus.
The same goes for Easter holidays. There, the Easter Bunny and the egg, both pagan symbols has long replaced the Jesus theme.

It seems that Paganism survived the early christian onslaught by simply camouflaging itself under the false flag of Christianity for nearly 2000yrs.

So, it is very ironic that while the early church fathers were deluding themselves that they were Christianizing Paganism, they were , infact, actually Paganising Christianity.

So who has the last laugh now? grin

5 Likes

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by ijawkid(m): 10:14am On Dec 13, 2012
these catholics don fall christianity hand too much....smh!!!!!...........

What they thought they had christianized remained what it was....(Paganism)........

#Easter
#christmas

All pagan..........

Smh again and again and again.....

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid: these catholics don fall christianity hand too much....smh!!!!!...........

What they thought they had christianized remained what it was....(Paganism)........

#Easter
#christmas

All pagan..........

Smh again and again and again.....
Abeg, sharrap.. Which sect no dey fall Jesus hand?
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by ijawkid(m): 11:01am On Dec 13, 2012
musKeeto:

Its like you want make I bring the baygon I buy for you.....grin.......
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

Its like you want make I bring the baygon I buy for you.....grin.......
Its like you no get better answer for my question... grin
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by ijawkid(m): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2012
musKeeto:
Its like you no get better answer for my question... grin

I've got an answer to your question,but of what use would it be to you??......

I expected you to put down your comments on what the OP said,rather na my comment you wan attack.....wetin I talk na lie??........

Christmas and easter is pagan....don't you agree??
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
ijawkid:

I've got an answer to your question,but of what use would it be to you??......

I expected you to put down your comments on what the OP said,rather na my comment you wan attack.....wetin I talk na lie??........

Christmas and easter is pagan....don't you agree??
You should know by now that I'm not bothered by most of these 'revelations'. Just a burning question at the back of my mind, is there a diamond ring to be found in all this mud?
I watch you theists sling verses at each other from 'your' Bible, no one is ever right or wrong... those who aren't clear on an issue ask for more time to dwell on it through the Holy Spirit's leading.. sic..
Those against tithes are quick to jump on anti-thing threads, likewise anti-Catholic folks like you and the ever present opposition manager Frosbel.. lol

It's funny, you know.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by ijawkid(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2012
musKeeto:
You should know by now that I'm not bothered by most of these 'revelations'. Just a burning question at the back of my mind, is there a diamond ring to be found in all this mud?
I watch you theists sling verses at each other from 'your' Bible, no one is ever right or wrong... those who aren't clear on an issue ask for more time to dwell on it through the Holy Spirit's leading.. sic..
Those against tithes are quick to jump on anti-thing threads, likewise anti-Catholic folks like you and the ever present opposition manager Frosbel.. lol

It's funny, you know.

Lol......how we go do na........??.....

Scriptural truths is that diamond.......

1 Like

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by truthislight: 12:42pm On Dec 13, 2012
musKeeto:

the first century style of christianity did not fall Jesus hand. QED.

Meanwhile, you are also a culprit, you also celebrated this pegan thing out of ignorance all this while and want to come here and form as though you had known better.

At your home till today, can you denied that you are not still celebrating christmas?

Even now that you think you have come to know the root of christmas as being pegan, can you beat your chest that you have develop an inner will power to stop celebrating the sun god? No.

You think there is room for neutrality. Lol.

How wrong you are.

@ plaeton.

That should tell you how cunning and trickery satan is.

This should rather make one to ask himself if (s)he is indirectly being used by satan unknown to the perso

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 13, 2012
truthislight:

Meanwhile, you are also a culprit, you also celebrated this pegan thing out of ignorance all this while and want to come here and form as though you had known better.

At your home till today, can you denied that you are not still celebrating christmas?

Even now that you think you have come to know the root of christmas as being pegan, can you beat your chest that you have develop an inner will power to stop celebrating the sun god? No.

Na wa to you today, later you go tell me say na me pick the language wey i dey use communicate... undecided

Is celebrating your Savior's birth and death pagan?
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2012
truthislight:

How wrong you are.

@ plaeton.

That should tell you how cunning and trickery satan is.

This should rather make one to ask himself if (s)he is indirectly being used by satan unknown to the perso

He he he.
So it's the Satan again?
He always manages to outsmart god, huh?
How does he manage to always sabotage god's plans?
Was god out to lunch or on sabbatical?

But more importantly , what is satanic about Paganism?

Paganism is mostly about the reverence and worship of our mother Earth, the Sun, the Moon, and the Seas as the only visible proxies of an unknowable and abstract god, what we commonly call the Chi-Ukwu.

Pagan symbols and festivities are mainly about the celebration of the facundity of the Earth and all of nature.

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by truthislight: 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
musKeeto:
Na wa to you today, later you go tell me say na me pick the language wey i dey use communicate... undecided

Is celebrating your Savior's birth and death pagan?

yeye boy!

I know you know better.
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by truthislight: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2012
plaetton:

He he he.
So it's the Satan again?

Paganism is mostly about the reverence and worship of our mother Earth, the Sun, the Moon, and the Seas as the only visible proxies of an unknowable and abstract god, what we commonly call the Chi-Ukwu.

Pagan symbols and festivities are mainly about the celebration of the facundity of the Earth and all of nature.

well, if only it is as simple like you just stated.

To understand what is at stake you may have to experience how it feels like to have a child you brought into the world from infancy and gave him/her all him/her have ever had only for him/her to rebel against you in obedience to a complete stranger that have never contributed anything toward him/her well being befor.

And to crown the rebellion it was in obedience to your sworn enemy.

Under false accusations.

plaetton:

He he he.
So it's the Satan again?
^^^

yea, when human set out to do Yahweh's bidding on his/her own strength and wisdom without taking notice of Yahweh's does and dont as directed in his words.

Such humans set themselves up for satan's manipulation due to his superior knowledge and experience.

Human cannot withstand satan on their own strength without Yahweh's help the bible says.

The failure is due to refusal to follow Yahweh's guide lines.

plaetton:

Demons are the forces behind idolatory.

Demons are also disobedient angels that had taken side with satan.

Again, satan and Yahweh cannot shear things.

this masters cannot shear worship.

One cannot slave for two masters, it either you will love the one and hate the other

Taking Yahweh's side is not compulsory however, it is based on ones freewill and leads to :

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4).

Why soul he force anyone for that?
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 8:02pm On Dec 20, 2012
truthislight:

well, if only it is as simple like you just stated.

To understand what is at stake you may have to experience how it feels like to have a child you brought into the world from infancy and gave him/her all him/her have ever had only for him/her to rebel against you in obedience to a complete stranger that have never contributed anything toward him/her well being befor.

And to crown the rebellion it was in obedience to your sworn enemy.

Under false accusations.

^^^

yea, when human set out to do Yahweh's bidding on his/her own strength and wisdom without taking notice of Yahweh's does and dont as directed in his words.

Such humans set themselves up for satan's manipulation due to his superior knowledge and experience.

Human cannot withstand satan on their own strength without Yahweh's help the bible says.

The failure is due to refusal to follow Yahweh's guide lines.

Demons are the forces behind idolatory.

Demons are also disobedient angels that had taken side with satan.

Again, satan and Yahweh cannot shear things.

this masters cannot shear worship.

One cannot slave for two masters, it either you will love the one and hate the other

Taking Yahweh's side is not compulsory however, it is based on ones freewill and leads to :

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4).

Why soul he force anyone for that?

So demons are different from satan?

You seem to imply that yahweh and satan are two competing foes, equal in power. Am I right?
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by truthislight: 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2012
plaetton:

So demons are different from satan?

yes.

Demon are disobedient angels that rebel against Yahweh's rulership.

Satan is the gang leader of the rebel and more powerful.

Angels have hyrachy.

The cherubs

the saraphs

etc etc.

Satan was a saraph, a very powerful class of angel.

plaetton:
You seem to imply that yahweh and satan are two competing foes,

yes.

plaetton:
equal in power. Am I right?

no.

See below:

Thus saith the Lord GOD;
Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and
perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every
precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz,
and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the
jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the
carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy
tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I
have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy
mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down
in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that
thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled
the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast
sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of
the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O
covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of
fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty,
thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy
brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay
thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude
of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic;
therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of
thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to
ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that
behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be
astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never
shalt thou be any more.

The are not equal in power
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 1:39am On Dec 21, 2012
truthislight:

yes.

Demon are disobedient angels that rebel against Yahweh's rulership.

Satan is the gang leader of the rebel and more powerful.

Angels have hyrachy.

The cherubs

the saraphs

etc etc.

Satan was a saraph, a very powerful class of angel.

yes.

no.

See below:

Thus saith the Lord GOD;
Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and
perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every
precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz,
and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the
jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the
carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy
tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. 14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I
have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy
mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down
in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that
thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled
the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast
sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of
the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O
covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of
fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty,
thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy
brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay
thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude
of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffic;
therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of
thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to
ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that
behold thee. 19 All they that know thee among the people shall be
astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never
shalt thou be any more.

The are not equal in power

And how do you that they are not equal in power? Because you are cheering for Yahweh?
Satan seems to be way ahead in scores.
What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:00am On Dec 21, 2012
good job plaetton. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
good job plaetton. cool

Oh okay, Satan is your god right? Smh!!!
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by truthislight: 10:19am On Dec 22, 2012
plaetton: [/b]

And how do you that they are not equal in power? Because you are cheering for Yahweh?
Satan seems to be way ahead in scores.
What do you think?

how can the created be in the same might with the one that created him, his creator?

Did you not read that he will be turned to ashes?

Na wao!
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2012
seriallink:

Oh okay, Satan is your god right? Smh!!!

i dont believe in Satan. it does not exist.
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Are you an atheitic pagan or something? I thought you believe in the existence of juju and other pagan rituals? Is your paganism naturalistic?
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
seriallink:

Are you an atheitic pagan or something? I thought you believe in the existence of juju and other pagan rituals? Is your paganism naturalistic?

yes it is naturalistic. however pure evil, i.e., satan doesnt exist.

and i dont worship satan.
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
BUMP

1 Like

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by truthislight: 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Yea right!

You can say that again.

Yeah, "god does not exist".
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 7:32am On Dec 05, 2013
It is indeed quite interesting that except for Black Africa, most of the world has realized the Christian nativity lore as just a non-historical myth.
Much of the civilized world have since relegated the nativity lore to the realm of stone age mythology.

What is amazing is how Paganism, the real universal religion of humankind, has taken back it position with great strength.
Nearly all of the world's major holiday festivals are Pagan holidays.

So, truth needs no embelishments.
Paganism reigns supreme.

cheesy wink grin

3 Likes

Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 6:37am On Dec 15, 2013
Saint Nicholas, aka Santa Clause, the Pagan Saint, recaptures Christmas. cheesy
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 5:36am On Dec 22, 2013
Bump
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by Brimmie(m): 6:16am On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 22, 2013
plaetton: Saint Nicholas, aka Santa Clause, the Pagan Saint, recaptures Christmas. cheesy

The idea of santa claus is not ebtirely dependent on saint nicholas
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

The idea of santa claus is not ebtirely dependent on saint nicholas

Pls explain
Re: Christmas Without Jesus ? : Paganism Re-asserts It's Pre-eminence by plaetton: 4:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
Bump

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? / What Is The Cause Of This Rampant Fornication Among Christains? / Most Religious Countries: Nigeria Ranked No 9 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.