Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Jonathan Continues To Impress!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Continues To Impress!! (16301 Views)

Osinbajo Continues To Serve As RCCG Pastor (press Statement) / Senate Continues Ministerial Screening - Live Update / Public Power Supply Continues To Improve (2) (3) (4)

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by vizboy(m): 11:17am On Dec 14, 2012
greatdave:
His point?....Naija is stil fvckd!
you keep complaining name 1 thing you have done to bring development to ur state
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ypzilanti: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: While HATERS are HATING, Jonathan continues to DELIVER and IMPRESS:

POINT 8: Progress is also being made in the petroluem sector. The PIB, a comprehensive law tooverhaul and reform Nigeria's oil and gas sector, is already with the NASS. The committee charged to release a white paper on the road map to revitalizing existing refineries is currently at work. The nations moribund pipelines and fuel depots are being rehabilitated and RESTORED nationwide. For instance the Aba NNPC depot has been RESTORED (after 10 solid years of being shut down) and currently ensuring steady supply of petroluem products tothe south-eastern states. The Jos NNPC deport has also been RESTORED. Other deport RESTORED include Minna, Kano and Gusau. Work is ongoing to restore the Enugu deport and then Benue deport. The opening up of these depots explains why there isn't much difference in prices of petrol between Lagos and these areas even in this period of scarcity. The subsidy payment system is being cleaned up as much as possible and the shock of the clean-up is causing fuel scarcity in some cities. Hopefully, when the system is totally cleaned-up, the scarcity will disappear. Ultimately, the govt intends to de-regulate the sector.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fast-tracking-passage-of-petroleum-industry-bill/126551/
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/37583/2012/10/15/oil_marketers_commend_jonathan_others_reopening_nnpc_depot_aba.html
http://nigeriarising.com.ng/sector-report/petroluem/nnpc-re-opens-aba-depot-10-years-after/

PIB bill has not being passed, so it is not an achievement. Does the president not have enough goodwill to pass this bill quickly considering its importance to Nigeria? Its 19 months now and the bill has not been passed, but 165 billion to subsidize fuel in December month alone was passed in NASS within 3 days. He is using his presidential goodwill on 'hammering' money to build war chest for 2015.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ypzilanti: 11:23am On Dec 14, 2012
The main reason your president is disliked now by Nigerians is because he is spending like the monarch an oil rich a gulf arab state, while the majority of the population lives in poverty. If you are in his team, you better inform him. That is the main reason for his unpopularity among Nigerians.

There is no two ways to it. If a President wants to live like an Arab Prince, by all means, his population should have the same income levels as Dubai and Qatar. If this is not the case, some level of conservatism is needed.

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by IncomeTutor: 11:34am On Dec 14, 2012
when a die-hard thief starts visiting your home,
you are the next target.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2012
40 Laptops! grin grin grin.

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by olly4life: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

So uncalled for! undecided

Rotflmao! Anybody can write anything anywhere and post link. . .that don't mean what is in it is true or is does it?

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y480/EccSeek/Taharqa.jpg

Hmmmmmm!!

Anyhoo, I doubt you will find anyone who will take you up on your challenge, I mean it's like pointing to what is obviously a table, calling it a car and asking people to challenge your point. Most people will just look at you, shake their heads in pity (while silently cursing the person that did you like so) and walk away.

Dude, U̶̲̥̅̊ took the words out of my mouth. D ops has been paid or is looking for presi & Okugbe's attention 4 Internet contract. How does dis affect an ordinarily boy/girl in d street. How U̶̲̥̅̊ see dem don't av human feelings. Dem kidnap finance mother, all power & mighty dey make & give deadline. How many times govt give ultimatum for Xtians killed or visited d scene of occurrence. Av U̶̲̥̅̊ ever asked urself y ur Apologist travel out 4 medications if dey are working or performing as quoted in ur various rubbish link. Naija are peace loving people- just make d environment or give them d necessary social amenities, dey are ok even if chop plenty money. Pls get life & do not sell ur birthright cos of small change dem go give U̶̲̥̅̊.

Point is. . .something that is so blatantly false need not be challenged by anyone. The proof is in reality. . .a reality only someone who is so far up their own behind, they can't think straight, won't see.

So stop trying to drag people into your behind by issuing silly challenges. cheesy
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by stuhporh: 11:46am On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide: Your grave awaits you!!

Fear the day you will be alone in the grave! That day there will be no money, nothing just your conscience.

Do the right thing and tell people the truth. Nigeria is not working for Nigerians anymore. Our situation is worse under Jonathan.

BEAF, your grave awaits you! Stop lying

Please tell me how our situation has gone worse under GEJ? yes, he isnt performing as expected, but the dude is trying men. You repeat a class because you faill to read for some hours, for you to pass through that class, you will spend another year. This is a standard law of life. Nigerians are hardly positive minded, But that is where the country's repair his, In our mind. Focus on those announced project of his, and criticize him based on that, coz, if u ask me, i will tell you electricity is the key to a good economy. And that he is doing what he and his team would do.
Please we are too young to get our minds negative, unless you as old as Buhari, Obasanjo and co. Sit down and look, assess, manage and confirm your opinion, this is how we know that the youths in the system will drive NIGERIA forward.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by nukodus: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2012
Thanks for you en lighting us about GEJ achievement. I don't hav anything against Gej except his Reaction towards the Boko haram menace which could mar the country
I also wish I know your state I will like to highlight GEJ promises for ur state during his campaign
I appreciate the fact that he try to continue on his predecessors agenda
Thank you
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by solomonkane(m): 11:54am On Dec 14, 2012
@Sincere 9jerian:

Kudos to GEJ for some of the things you have highlighted (whether they are in present, future or illusionary tense though is a matter for another day) but why in God's name are you still peddling the 24 hours falsehood; I have been running generators non-stop at home and at the office for almost two months now so where on earth is the 24 hours light? Tell me so I can relocate my business to that place.

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by stuhporh: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2012
[quote author=olly4life][/quote]
You talked about all these below
Social amenities
Yes we need social amenities, and its the duty of the government to produce it for us, and also our duty to protect the amenities and maintain it. Let me start by asking, How many of us remembers the last time he/she paid nepa bill, instead you sort officials. Dont litter the ground, yet you flip that pure water or whatever case may be on the road. Get a drivers license, instead you meet a local scam for it. The walk over bridges in lagos, how many time do people use it? not untill they are forced. We can make the provide social amenities, but we are not ready to carry out our civil rights in protecting and maintainig them. (Lagos is enough example

The Girl On the street
Its sad that some "i dont care" parents brought them to this world, and left the innocent girl on the street, but the government didnt give birth to her, the society did. where the society is the govt and society is made up of you and I. yet they will try to accommodate her. Its not a Nigerian issue alone, infact it happens in all countries of the world.

My point is
The Government can provide if we honestly want them to provide, not by saying all these on Nairaland, But in action. But are we ready to carry out our civil right? The other day i read an article about some one who cant talk about his wealth, and someone in that forum said, what is peoples buisness for asking. he might have stolen tax payers money, killed someone and stole his property. Our civil duty is to get the right authorities to investigate his wealth. And that is how we can move forward.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by feelamong(m): 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
Alxmyr: I can see the handwork of the 40 laptops...

I think they have resumed from the long break.

I presume they have just been paid their Xmas Bonus and they need to show they deserved it! angry

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 14, 2012
ypzilanti: The main reason your president is disliked now by Nigerians is because he is spending like the monarch an oil rich a gulf arab state, while the majority of the population lives in poverty. If you are in his team, you better inform him. That is the main reason for his unpopularity among Nigerians.

There is no two ways to it. If a President wants to live like an Arab Prince, by all means, his population should have the same income levels as Dubai and Qatar. If this is not the case, some level of conservatism is needed.
Not correct sir/ma. GEJ is not unpopular among Nigerians. He may be unpopular with you and a few disgruntled party faithfuls and ethic war-lords on NL. If you conduct transparent election today, GEJ will sweep the polls(except in far north and boko haram dens for obvious reasons). Dont forget that PDP did well in the last local council polls in Lagos(the headquater of ACN)
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by taharqa: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2012
I hv read tru d remaining parts of d thread since i left and its still d same same thing: NOT A SINGLE PERSON CRITIZING THE OP's POINTS (except @yzpilanti) HAVE EVEN ATTEMPTED TO CHALLENGE ANY OF HIS POINTS NOR THE LINKS PROVIDED; just same repeat of SOUNDBITES and RANTS.. Same same tins......

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Urakhai(m): 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2012
What is going on in this thread is very obvious even to a child that's all I'm going to say. Like Abe lincoln said-
"You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time". Have a nice day people.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by stuhporh: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
banki: I don't support mediocrity I felt like crying for this country this morning because news headlines on both print and television were filled with stories of outright stealing corruption kidnapping,as I drove to my office I saw fuel queues here in Abuja, different taughts came into my mind but I stopped thinking the moment I noticed one of the billion naira security solar paneled CCTV none working cameras
I smiled and told my self that one day the real enemies of Nigeria would be exposed, mr eleume and sincere Nigerian can you guys honestly honestly tell yourself that all is well if you had a company or you were a shareholder in a company that isn't doing well and you appoint good luck Jonathan as md CEO would you sincerely say with all the resources available to him you would give him a passmark....
I don't celebrate mediocrity I want leadership that inspires good luck doesn't inspire me, I want leadership that is purposeful good luck is confused and obviously lacks purpose I want leadership that is sincere and with all due respect mr president is the most insincere public figure I've seen all my life.
It's your job to paint the presidency as working but it's my job as the citizen on the street to judge, I repeat with the kind of money available to mr president with the kind of human resources available mr president is a gross failure
And almost every sane Nigerian would agree with this fact

I quite disagree sir. why? because you gave him a project After his tenure we will asses his achievement against his failures and determine, whether he is a failure or not. However, he isnt a failure, yet, he isnt a success. if he is in phase of delivering success, we will never know, if otherwise we wont know. Lets just keep finger cross and see him dance his dance, we will tell him if he dancing shamefully or otherwise.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
solomonkane: @Sincere 9jerian:

Kudos to GEJ for some of the things you have highlighted (whether they are in present, future or illusionary tense though is a matter for another day) but why in God's name are you still peddling the 24 hours falsehood; I have been running generators non-stop at home and at the office for almost two months now so where on earth is the 24 hours light? Tell me so I can relocate my business to that place.
The projects highlighted there are REAL, supported with images, testimony of locals and media reports.
Again, I said 24hrs power supply is around the corner and that where I reside, some days we are supplied with power for 24hrs non-stop but on the average we have 20hrs daily supply. I think privatisation of PHCN is the ONLY road to stable power supply in Nig., and fortunately that is the road the govt is following. If you have alternative solution, let us know.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
@OP

An achiever doesn't need Heralds like you spreading exaggerated news of his so called Ghost achievements, his/hers works will speak for them, so you will get no likes from me for your clearly manipulated pipe song for a clueless GEJ, better go and get a decent paying job undecided

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by GlobalVillager: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2012
@Op. Abeg park well
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by chrisosi: 12:22pm On Dec 14, 2012
A hungry man is an angry man

GEJ & co can fool so people sometimes but can never fool all the people all the time

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by SEGAD: 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2012
0lumide: Your grave awaits you!!

Fear the day you will be alone in the grave! That day there will be no money, nothing just your conscience.

Do the right thing and tell people the truth. Nigeria is not working for Nigerians anymore. Our situation is worse under Jonathan.

BEAF, your grave awaits you! Stop lying

True talk. I weep for my country
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2012
taharqa: I hv read tru d remaining parts of d thread since i left and its still d same same thing: NOT A SINGLE PERSON CRITIZING THE OP's POINTS (except @yzpilanti) HAVE EVEN ATTEMPTED TO CHALLENGE ANY OF HIS POINTS NOR THE LINKS PROVIDED; just same repeat of SOUNDBITES and RANTS.. Same same tins......
Dont mind them. They can't even challenge the points raised, however hard they try, because the projects are REAL and are being used by REAL people on ground, not anonymous party faithfuls or ethnic warlords
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by najoke: 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2012
mmmmmmm......40 man laptop has been resuscitated....desperate for xmas HAMPERS.

keep up the good work,your master BEAF must be proud of you guys
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by chrisosi: 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2012
Abey wetin the yeye guy dey yan sef

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by solomonkane(m): 12:34pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
The projects highlighted there are REAL, supported with images, testimony of locals and media reports.
Again, I said 2hrs power supply is around the corner and that where I reside, some days we are supplied with power for 24hrs non-stop but on the average we have 20hrs daily supply. I think privatisation of PHCN is the ONLY road to stable power supply in Nig., and fortunately that is the road the govt is following. If you have alternative solution, let us know.

I have no problem with privatization, if it gets me 24 hours power. Asking me to provide an alternative solution is silly as I have not said privatization is wrong. To say GEJ has done nothing will be unfair but to say he's breaking new ground will be akin to asking the truth to stand on its head and making it walk on its teeth. These facilities which are being remodeled were built by someone who also highlighted them as achievements case in point MMA2 was built under Obasanjo while IBB built the 3rd Mainland Bridge. Your assertions that only ACN/CPC people criticize GEJ is also very derogatory, you are no different from those who accuse everyone who sees the good in GEJ as being bootlickers or members of the 40 man laptop crew.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by najoke: 12:40pm On Dec 14, 2012
ypzilanti: Sincere 9gerian: While HATERS are HATING, Jonathan continues to DELIVER and IMPRESS:

POINT 8: Progress is also being made in the petroluem sector. The PIB, a comprehensive law tooverhaul and reform Nigeria's oil and gas sector, is already with the NASS. The committee charged to release a white paper on the road map to revitalizing existing refineries is currently at work. The nations moribund pipelines and fuel depots are being rehabilitated and RESTORED nationwide. For instance the Aba NNPC depot has been RESTORED (after 10 solid years of being shut down) and currently ensuring steady supply of petroluem products tothe south-eastern states. The Jos NNPC deport has also been RESTORED. Other deport RESTORED include Minna, Kano and Gusau. Work is ongoing to restore the Enugu deport and then Benue deport. The opening up of these depots explains why there isn't much difference in prices of petrol between Lagos and these areas even in this period of scarcity. The subsidy payment system is being cleaned up as much as possible and the shock of the clean-up is causing fuel scarcity in some cities. Hopefully, when the system is totally cleaned-up, the scarcity will disappear. Ultimately, the govt intends to de-regulate the sector.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fast-tracking-passage-of-petroleum-industry-bill/126551/
http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/37583/2012/10/15/oil_marketers_commend_jonathan_others_reopening_nnpc_depot_aba.html
http://nigeriarising.com.ng/sector-report/petroluem/nnpc-re-opens-aba-depot-10-years-after/

PIB bill has not being passed, so it is not an achievement. Does the president not have enough goodwill to pass this bill quickly considering its importance to Nigeria? Its 19 months now and the bill has not been passed, but 165 billion to subsidize fuel in December month alone was passed in NASS within 3 days. He is using his presidential goodwill on 'hammering' money to build war chest for 2015.

God bless you......can somebody pls inform the poster that these are missing on his list:VP's house at N2b and 150 seater ,Banquet hall at N2.2b.....for me this are MAJOR achievement because they are for the benefit of the people they rule over.

All of una papa!!!
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Kakatazz(f): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2012
THIS IS RUBEN ABATI.I KNOW HIS TRICKS.SO U FOLLOW NIGERIANS REACH NAIRALAND?
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ypzilanti: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Not correct sir/ma. GEJ is not unpopular among Nigerians. He may be unpopular with you and a few disgruntled party faithfuls and ethic war-lords on NL. If you conduct transparent election today, GEJ will sweep the polls(except in far north and boko haram dens for obvious reasons). Dont forget that PDP did well in the last local council polls in Lagos(the headquater of ACN)

Wrong. GEJ can never win Lagos state again. I know that he won the last time, because i voted and walked around my neighbourhood too to see what the results looked like. All the talk of Tinubu 'delivering' lagos to GEJ is rubbish. GEJ won Lagos fair and square. The same people in my area who voted for Fashola, voted for GEJ. Lagosians are sophisticated like that.

The southerners voted for GEJ because he was a sympathetic figure being railroaded by the North. Some also bought into his narrative about being a poor fisherman's son that was elevated to the corridors of power. Nigerians by their psyche, love such narratives. We like things like 'good luck' and 'prayers' and 'fate' . That is why most Nigerians hope to 'hammer' one day....not through hard work or pereverence, but by fate.

Back to the topic: It's not the 19 months of corruption, waste of resources, and little infrastructural improvement, as well as unemployment that has changed opinion of Nigerians. We all know that the rot started before GEJ. What is pissing us off is that there is this:

NO CHANGE

No change in corruption, no change in unemployment, no change in infrastructural development...and then to add salt to injury, GEJ spends money and borrows like no mans business. Almost 10 billion for maintaning 10 planes. Almost 10 billion for Vice president's house. 2.2 billion for reception hall in aso Rock. 1.2 billion for food. 165 billion for subsidy money in december alone?

Haba?

Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by fasbat(m): 12:46pm On Dec 14, 2012
pls can u mention 5 projects initiated and completed under GEJ's 2yrs reign? I am indeed nt alarmed by d attitude of sm youths that have nt departed frm d despicable past of their old men. Anyway,Nig is working perfectly!That is what you want to pass around. sorry 4 u and your future
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by fasbat(m): 12:50pm On Dec 14, 2012
na_joke:

God bless you......can somebody pls inform the poster that these are missing on his list:VP's house at N2b and 150 seater ,Banquet hall at N2.2b.....for me this are MAJOR achievement because they are for the benefit of the people they rule over.

All of una papa!!!
you failed to mention #6.2 billion for sensitization for PIB (Ministry of Petroleum)
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by dennis79687968: 12:52pm On Dec 14, 2012
Sorry o, which country these guy dey refer to??
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by Freiburger(m): 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2012
Why won't he impress? at least he got his feeding allowance.
Re: Jonathan Continues To Impress!! by ypzilanti: 12:55pm On Dec 14, 2012
solomonkane:

I have no problem with privatization, if it gets me 24 hours power. Asking me to provide an alternative solution is silly as I have not said privatization is wrong. To say GEJ has done nothing will be unfair but to say he's breaking new ground will be akin to asking the truth to stand on its head and making it walk on its teeth. These facilities which are being remodeled were built by someone who also highlighted them as achievements case in point MMA2 was built under Obasanjo while IBB built the 3rd Mainland Bridge. Your assertions that only ACN/CPC people criticize GEJ is also very derogatory, you are no different from those who accuse everyone who sees the good in GEJ as being bootlickers or members of the 40 man laptop crew.

Thank you. My brother. Nigeria has degenerated to the point where what should be routine rehabilitation of Airports is to be listed as presidential achievement. Airports that were built by other regimes...some within 3 or four years.

What many people do not know is that we are making more money from oil right now than during the so-called oil boom. The roads they are half heartedly patching over now were largely built by Gowon with the so-called oil boom.

We are using oil money now to service and run 10 jets as presidential fleet, while the WHOLE Nigeria of 140 million uses less than 70 planes.

We are using oil money to build banquet hall of 2.2 billion.

We are devoting 165 billion Naira to support so-called subsidy for December ALONE, which we all know is a fraud.

Nobody Should Kill Nigerian In South Africa – Jacob Zuma / Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / NBA Dialogue: Presidential Candidates Kick As Tinubu Sends Representative

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83