Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices (4321 Views)

THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE. Christ Apostolic Church / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by PastorKun(m): 5:00pm On Dec 18, 2012
@Goshen
I hope you remember to list the doctrine of trinity as one of the non apostolic teachings of end time churches. wink

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2012
^^^ Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Teachings and doctrines is DIFFERENT. We are talking about PRACTICES. grin grin grin
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by PastorKun(m): 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^ Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Teachings and doctrines is DIFFERENT. We are talking about PRACTICES. grin grin grin

Bros but practises develop from doctrines na!
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Rich4god(m): 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^ Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Teachings and doctrines is DIFFERENT. We are talking about PRACTICES. grin grin grin
Plz can you shed more light on the above quoted.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 9:44pm On Dec 18, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Bros but practises develop from doctrines na!

Rich4god:
Plz can you shed more light on the above quoted.

Yes, practices develop as a result of teachings but Trinity is not a practice. It doesn't act in non-apostolic practices.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2012
Goshen360:

Yes, practices develop as a result of teachings but Trinity is not a practice. It doesn't act in non-apostolic practices.

Brother, these days the mere mention of the word Trinity makes me cringe with fear grin

Why not just say God or Lord Jesus, why all these strange unbiblical terminology ?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Rich4god(m): 10:28pm On Dec 18, 2012
The apostle didnt teach about trinity... The church started it. So how come trinity passed your "non-apostolic practices"....

2 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by truthislight: 11:32pm On Dec 18, 2012
Goshen360: 6. The Practice of Praying with Rosary, Holy Mary and Candle.

The New Testament believers have a powerful force in the name of Jesus. One of the riches of the New Testament is that even Christ didn't have the priviledge of saying, "in the name of Jesus". The Apostles never lacked anything when Christ was physically with them simply because he is Immanuel - God with us. The Christian mandate began with "Go ye into the world.....in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit". The Apostles understood the power in this mandate and hence mixed with faith and it produced results.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
Therefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

How did Christ's name became highly exalted but wasn't used by the Apostle before the death of Christ? It was by the power of resurrection. After the resurrection, Peter healing the lame man at the gate never had to contour to rosary prayer, white or red candle to heal the man, he did say and never said at the name of Holy Mary mother of God but Peter said,

Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. - Acts 3:6

Faith in the name that is highly exalted work wonders. Do you know what it was called "ACTS OF THE APOSTLES" Because all manners of supernatural happened by the Apostles with faith in the name of Jesus. Acts of the Apostles was ONLY and could ONLY be accomplished by the name of Jesus. Today's Christianity and churchianity will only wrath the kinds of wonders in Acts of the Apostles ONLY by the name of Jesus, not Holy Mary and rosary, not white or red or blue or yellow candle.

Lastly, just as John 3:16 rings a bell to the world of sin; much more is Acts 3:16 to the believers - it is not just shouting the name in a religious manner but faith in the name of Jesus.

New International Version (©1984)
By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see. - Acts 3:16

just add this to it:

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their use of many words " (Matthew 6:7).

What exactly qualifies as repetitions?

Is saying in Jesus name, in Jesus name, in Jesus name over and over qualifies as repetitions?

Is jesus or Yahweh deaf that we need to repeat their names?

But the bible said do not use repetition in prayer.

Afteral the bible says that our heavenly father knows what you need befor your asking.

So, is repetition biblical?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by truthislight: 11:38pm On Dec 18, 2012
Rich4god: The apostle didnt teach about trinity... The church started it. So how come trinity passed your "non-apostolic practices"....

hahaha. Lol.

I hope this our guy will not want to pass as an "angel of light" while concealing some of his "skeleton"?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by truthislight: 11:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
trinity was passed on by greek philosophers in the third century and was latter adopted into christiandom.

What say ya?

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Rich4god(m): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2012
Rich4god: The apostle didnt teach about trinity... The church started it. So how come trinity passed your "non-apostolic practices"....
Still waiting...
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by MrAnony1(m): 11:04am On Dec 19, 2012
Rich4god:
Still waiting...
I really don't want to turn this thread into a "trinity thread" but then in my experience, I find that most people who contest trinity usually don't know what trinity is. Could you tell us exactly what you know Trinity to be?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by debosky(m): 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
Let's keep this thread on track - it is about practices, not doctrines. If you want to discuss the 'trinity' doctrine, do it elsewhere.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by MrAnony1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
debosky: Let's keep this thread on track - it is about practices, not doctrines. If you want to discuss the 'trinity' doctrine, do it elsewhere.
True, I agree. My apologies.

@Rich4God,
If you are serious on discussing Trinity, please open a new thread, define Trinity in the OP and paste a link here. . . . . then we shall discuss.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by truthislight: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
Mr_Anony:

@Rich4God,
If you are serious on discussing Trinity, please open a new thread, define Trinity in the OP and paste a link here. . . . . then we shall discuss.

if we can just accept whatever that suites us and wish to pass such to others as "truth" irrespective of what the scriptures says, on what moral ground then can any other person say whatever the other person wishes to belief irrespective of what the scriptures says is wrong?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by truthislight: 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
truthislight:

just add this to it:

"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their use of many words " (Matthew 6:7).

What exactly qualifies as repetitions?

Is saying in Jesu name, in jesus name, in Jesus name over and over qualifies as repetitions?

Is jesus or Yahweh deaf that we need to repeat their names?

But the bible said do mot use repetition in prayer.

Afteral the bible says that our heavenly father knows what you need befor your asking.

So, is repetition biblical?

the first thing about repetition is that it signals a lack of faith in a God that has the capacity to read our heart and mind, so, by repeating words in prayers we want to force Yahweh to make sure he answers our prayers.

Can we talk to our governor in such a manner?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by PastorKun(m): 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
Mr_Anony:

@Rich4God,

Why don't you start by giving us a biblical definition of trinity as even trinitarians don't seem to agree on their various definitions of trinity.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by truthislight: 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Why don't you start by giving us a biblical definition of trinity as even trinitarians don't seem to agree on their various definitions of trinity.

they wish to sweep the "central doctrine of christiandom" under the carpet.

As confussiouse as the doctrine is, so has "christianity" becomes.

Why not? When the core/central doctrine is a confussion itself.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by MrAnony1(m): 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
Pastor Kun:

My friend, I don't have to do that. You are the ones saying that something called trinity is not part of the apostles doctrine. If you cannot define what exactly you object to, how can I know what it is?
Start another thread, define the trinity (or the version of trinity) that you disagree with and then link it here.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Boomark(m): 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Start another thread and link it here.

Enjoy this one and cool down.
[url]nairaland.com/1127181/jesus-christ-servant-of-God-trinity-debunked-again[/url]
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2012
Finally, (for now)

7. The Practice of mixing the Old and New Covenant/Testament together.

New Living Translation (©2007)
He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life. - 2 Corinthians 3:6

Holman Christian Standard Bible (©2009)
He has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter, but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit produces life.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Many of us Christian probably young in the faith don't know our left from right. And to make matters worst, we became more confused by those we hold in high esteem to handle the word of truth. Now, before you begin to say (as usual) are we then suppose to tear the old testament out of the bible? Absolutely NO! What then is wrong with the old covenant that operated under the old testament? Absolutely NOTHING!....because it was what was need at the time it was in force between God and the national Israel. Also, under that old covenant, the gospel was hidden and presented as types and shadows of good things to come.

We have dealt with this practice of mixing the old and new testament together on THIS THREAD

Jesus said,

English Standard Version (©2001)
And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins and it will be spilled, and the skins will be destroyed. - Luke 5:37
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2012
This thread is not all about me even though I started the teaching. Contributors who are bible teachers can also teach non-apostolic practices here and let's liberate God's people; launching them "into the deep" for the unlimited wealth in the word of God.

To this end, these are the practices I can deal with as much as I know. I thank everyone who had contributed one way or the other. Thank you all. God bless you.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by MrAnony1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
Boomark:

Enjoy this one and cool down.
[url]nairaland.com/1127181/jesus-christ-servant-of-God-trinity-debunked-again[/url]
I have replied you on your thread.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by ogoamaka99(m): 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
@ Goshen360,
Why are you deceiving people. Limit yourself to what you know. You are confused and that is why you go about to confuse others. The BLOOD of JESUS is a weapon against the enemy. Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Hebrew 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
ogoamaka99: @ Goshen360,
Why are you deceiving people. Limit yourself to what you know. You are confused and that is why you go about to confuse others. The BLOOD of JESUS is a weapon against the enemy. Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Hebrew 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

I have asked these questions many times and probably you didn't read the thread but you just made comment in a haste. Now le'me ask you again,

1. Revelation 12:11. If they had ALREADY OVERCAME by the blood, does that mean what the blood they overcame with wasn't effective when they overcame the devil and they will have to keep overcoming again and again?

2. Hebrews 12:24. When this blood of sprinkling speak better things than that of Abel.....what does it mean? to be repeatedly sprinkled Perhaps you forgot to mention that the same blood was sprinkled ONCE AND ONCE FOR ALL.

Kindly answer the two kweshions.

Plus: We cannot be treating the precious blood of Christ like that of goat and bull that was offered repeatedly under the old covenant. The blood of Christ was shed once and for all for our redemption and victory. It's a done deal. What the bible teaches is FAITH in what the blood had already not pleading the blood again and again.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by truthislight: 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2012

good kwestion

@Rich4god

you are a very observant person in deed.

I just wander!
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Rich4god(m): 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2012
Sorry for bothering you bro. Goshen... but plz am still waiting for your response on the above. There is a reason why am asking. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2012
^^^ My brother, you are not bothering me. I have stated my stance here on the "Trinity of God" in the past. The Apostles NEVER used the word "Trinity" but they believe the Father is God; the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God - all with scriptures. Hence, in a nutshell, the Apostles never used the word trinity but the concept they preached and believed.

1 Like

Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Goshen360(m): 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
I have officially ended this series but the Spirit of God ministered another practice to me. I wish to share it as an extension.

8. The practice of sealing your miracle, blessing and prophetic word by laying money at the alter or preacher's feet.

First, watch these video.

Video 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oXhYVm2MW8?version=3&hl=en

Video 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxeTjrckl0?version=3&hl=en

First, the videos shown is only to have a graphic illustration of what I'm talking about as an example. It is not to mean the people involved are the only churches into this practices, many churches are into such non-apostolic practices even in Nigeria and around the world.

Second, I have never heard a message to be sure on what scriptures these practices are generated from or used to mislead God's people. The idea of scripture that came to my mind was,

Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need. - Acts 4:34-35.

I have always said I'm a big time lover of KJV and will always be but with the archaic English of KJV, preachers capitalize on it to mislead church folks and pulling it out of context. When you read these verses from other translations, the phrase "laid it at the apostle's feet" is another way of saying believers who engaged in the practice of sharing with one another by selling their possessions brought to the apostles the money from what was sold so that the apostles would then distribute to every man according to his needs.

Never was it practiced when any apostle is teaching or preaching the word of God and a word of prophesy goes forth, the people were never told to sow seed to seal or tap into the fulfillment of such prophesy, blessing and miracle. There is not biblical scriptures for such kind of practices whereby Christians are instructed to rush out in masses to drop money at the alter or feet of the preacher so the preacher can step on the money in dominion or all such of rubbish.

God's people must be liberated and set free from all these practices. Christianity is simple and we must stand up to defend our faith that is being corrupted by lovers of money.

New International Version (©1984)
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. - I Timothy 6:10-11

This is a powerful scripture! I have said in the past and will say it again. Any man of God that loves money is NOT fit to be called a man of God according to this scriptures - a man of God don't love money. Not that he doesn't need money but he doesn't love to the extend that he is eager to money and hereby wrecking the faith. It says "BUT YOU, MAN OF GOD, flee from all this..." From what? The love of money that wrecks the faith. My dear brothers and sisters, we are not of them that peddle the word of God for profit.
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Enigma(m): 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2012
Goshen360: . . . 1. Revelation 12:11. If they had ALREADY OVERCAME by the blood, does that mean what the blood they overcame with wasn't effective when they overcame the devil and they will have to keep overcoming again and again? . . . .

Plus: We cannot be treating the precious blood of Christ like that of goat and bull that was offered repeatedly under the old covenant. The blood of Christ was shed once and for all for our redemption and victory. It's a done deal. What the bible teaches is FAITH in what the blood had already not pleading the blood again and again.

Give Me The Wings Of Faith

Give me the wings of faith to rise
Within the veil, and see
The saints above, how great their joys,
How bright their glories be.

Once they were mourning here below,
And wet their couch with tears:
They wrestled hard, as we do now,
With sins, and doubts, and fears.

I ask them whence their victory came:
They, with united breath,
Ascribe their conquest to the Lamb,
Their triumph to His death.

They marked the footsteps that He trod,
His zeal inspired their br.east;
And following their incarnate God,
Possess the promised rest.

Our glorious Leader claims our praise
For His own pattern giv’n;
While the long cloud of witnesses
Show the same path to Heav’n.

(For me the best tune and performance of this song is by The St Michael Singers from a CD titled Daily Abundance; unfortunately I couldn't find a linkable version.)

cool
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Goshen360:

I have asked these questions many times and probably you didn't read the thread but you just made comment in a haste. Now le'me ask you again,

1. Revelation 12:11. If they had ALREADY OVERCAME by the blood, does that mean what the blood they overcame with wasn't effective when they overcame the devil and they will have to keep overcoming again and again?

2. Hebrews 12:24. When this blood of sprinkling speak better things than that of Abel.....what does it mean? to be repeatedly sprinkled Perhaps you forgot to mention that the same blood was sprinkled ONCE AND ONCE FOR ALL.

Kindly answer the two kweshions.

Are you trying to discourage Christians from appropriating the blood of Jesus?
Re: The End-Time Chruches With Non-Apostolic Practices by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Are you trying to discourage Christians from appropriating the blood of Jesus?

The blood of JESUS is for the remission of Sins, period !!

Any other usage is indiscriminate and not scriptural.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Atheism Is The Dumbest, Most Stupid, Ignorant, Idiotic Thing You Could Imagine" / About The Mentor Of Pastor Kumuyi, And Pa Akindayomi Of RCCG / Jesus Christ Is God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.